Kobe Bryant entertaining a trade to the Knickerbockers?

Living in the land of the Lake Show and being a die-hard Knicks fan isn't easy. There's lots of animosity towards anything New York (State AND City), but having to listen to the collective whining and b*tching from Lakers fans on my daily commute to work makes my d*ck limp. So the Lakers suck. Big deal. Didn't they just win back to back to back Championships a few years back before submitting to that little b*tch Rapist's request to trade Shaqzilla? Whose fault is it that they exhausted their entire payroll to satisfy one player's ego? The Knicks on the other hand haven't done sh*t since 99, and that was a lockout year! The last time we were in the playoffs, Knicks fans had to root for Keith Van Horn's low post play! Lakers fans and the Rapist they champion are all selfish dimwits. Now that I've gotten a bit off my chest...

I was parking my car today and was listening to ESPN radio expecting baseball talk, some NHL talk, and braced myself for any selfish dimwit on-air complaints when out of nowhere a caller mentioned a swirling rumour that Kobe might be going to the Knicks! The KNICKS! WTF? Rapist or not, if there's any weight to this rumor and Isiah and Kupchak get a deal done, I say give the man a basketball, let him play and rape all he wants. Now...as with any rumor, until confirmed I will not ejaculate in joy without hearing or reading this from a credible source. The problem I have with this rumor is that the radio host (I forget his name) seemed to confirm there was some discussion being had.

Is there anyone, ANY one out there with any substantial information to confirm that there's at least some discussion? How could this possibly work and from a fan's perspective, what's Kobe worth on the dollar? He's got miles on those legs but knowing Kobe, an opportunity to punk an aging Shaq two or three times a year, and a chance to return glory to the greatest city in the Universe should, would, and could tempt his ego. Afterall, he's got at least four to five above average years left in him, and I think we can all agree that Kobe plus two or more players with heart i.e Marbury/Curry can go a long ways in the East, and who can argue that aving an outstanding clutch performer can't reel in a Championship? Please post your thoughts and dear God, please at least get us Jermaine O' Neal; at the very least, don't let the Lakers get him (or Garnett). I promise I won't rant next time.

ShairanXIII

Rotation player
i doubt this is gonna unfold... i just don't see any pieces the knicks have that would entice the lakers... the youngs guys yeah... but then what would be the point??? steph or franchise would also HAVE to be included for salary purposes... i like the idea of collins, kobe, balkman, frye, curry... but the lakers would more likely insist on curry, lee and balkman at the bare minimum... worth investigating if it's real... BUT i know this won't materialize...

Toons

is the Bo$$
Also, since the Knicks are astronomically over the salary cap, all they can offer Kobe is their $5 million Mid Level Exception unless Bryant is obtained in a sign and trade transaction which would most likely involve the Lakers getting Stephon Marbury in return, but it's highly unlikely. There will be as many as four teams under the salary cap this summer and any of them could offer Bryant as much as $7 million more per year than the Knicks could

doubt it

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Don't believe everything you hear on the radio. As specially when it comes from a fan. Sounds like he pulled this one out of his @$$. I haven't read this any where. The Kobe trade rumors are a year early. Wait until next summer. If the Lakers still suck and don't make any improvements then he may leave.

Starks

Starter
Mitch chose Kobe over Shaq. He's sticking with that to the grave... He'll lose his job if he replaced Kobe with Marbury.

End of story

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player
Mitch chose Kobe over Shaq. He's sticking with that to the grave... He'll lose his job if he replaced Kobe with Marbury.

End of story

I agree that Mitch chose Kobe over Shaq, but after everything is said done, Shaq has won a championship after leaving LA and the lakers haven't got out of the first round. Truth be told, the Lakers should have beaten the Suns at least one of these past 2 years but they didn't. The knicks aren't as grossly under the cap this year as they were in years past. A guard like Francis (who thrived in the Western Conference each year he played there) would fit well with lakers, add in Lee, and the lakers could move Odom to the SF and you have to throw in Crawford to fill Bryant's shoes... that trade would work (tried it out via ESPN Trade Machine, after adding in a few throw ins) ... THe only thing would be is having Kobe play along another dominant big man ... hopefully he would have learned from his mistakes...

ShairanXIII

Rotation player
I agree that Mitch chose Kobe over Shaq, but after everything is said done, Shaq has won a championship after leaving LA and the lakers haven't got out of the first round. Truth be told, the Lakers should have beaten the Suns at least one of these past 2 years but they didn't. The knicks aren't as grossly under the cap this year as they were in years past. A guard like Francis (who thrived in the Western Conference each year he played there) would fit well with lakers, add in Lee, and the lakers could move Odom to the SF and you have to throw in Crawford to fill Bryant's shoes... that trade would work (tried it out via ESPN Trade Machine, after adding in a few throw ins) ... THe only thing would be is having Kobe play along another dominant big man ... hopefully he would have learned from his mistakes...

yeah... but Kobe plays to win championships... i don't think he'd be interested in coming to NY to help the Knicks reach the conference finals... besides... two years is way to soon to give up on the BEST player in the NBA... just so they could take a rag tag group of knicks who would prolly miss out on the playoffs in the west... no disrespect to Lee and Crawford...