Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Knicks to pursue Vince Carter

Originally Posted by hometheaterguy
    I would make the trade if we could use Frances in the deal. I know they want Frye and Balkman. I would use 1 or the other with Frances. I think Carter is better than Frances and would be making around the same money as Frances. SO I think it would be a better use of the money. The down side is using a young player to make the deal. As a side note, if they could land O'Neil using Lee, Crawford and other contracts, then Carter is a great compliment. You would have 3 guys on the floor that would demand a double to triple team every time the touch the ball.
    Curry
    O'Neil
    Balkman
    Carter
    Marbury
    Not a bad starting 5!
    I'd rather bench Francis and trade his contract than trade him now w/Frye just 2 get Carter??? What do u ppl see in Carter? He's soooooo overrated. Give me Garnett or Artest 4 Frye. That wouldn't be such a bad starting 5 either. But i'm not giving up Frye 4 Carter.

Originally Posted by lilman_bklyn
    OK GUYS, you really need to focus on the fact that dude is playing for the NETS and realize he JUST turned 30. only three years older than Craw, and again like i've said other times, I love Craw, but come on, Craw is a better player than VC?!?!?! How exactly do you come to that conclusion? Mind you, Vince is the same age as KG. would you guys be saying the same thing about KG coming? C'mon be objective, The guy along with Curry and Marbury would be great... AND I believe with a little coaxing from Isiah to Phil Knight, we could possibly get Vince over here with the Mid-Level Exception... HMM think about it
    I never stated that Craw was better, but what does Vince do better than Crawford other than the dunks. Vince may very well be "better" than Crawford, but he would do nothing for us getting to the next level in this league. I think he would do great on Miami, or Pheonix, but a team still trying to gel and become a contender in this league is not the place for Vince....about the mid-level execption, probably not pratical since Vince wants about 20 million a season.

Default This is the Vince Carter I'd Give 20 mill per year

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Originally Posted by Isiah's Advocate 33
    I never stated that Craw was better, but what does Vince do better than Crawford other than the dunks. Vince may very well be "better" than Crawford, but he would do nothing for us getting to the next level in this league. I think he would do great on Miami, or Pheonix, but a team still trying to gel and become a contender in this league is not the place for Vince....about the mid-level execption, probably not pratical since Vince wants about 20 million a season.
    In a league where Jarred Jeffries makes like 7 mil... I think VC deserves at most ten...

Originally Posted by donchris
    I read that Carter wants 60 million for a three year deal. Are we going to pay this guy 20 mill a year now? He's not that good! Carter is the most inconsistent all-star in the league. [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    The Knicks should go after Jermaine O'Neal, Pau Gasol or Kevin Garnett. If they can't get any of the above then we should keep virtually the same line up. Move Francis to Houston or Cleavland if possible. Francis is tradable. He's only got two more years on his contracts. If necessary we should bench him and trade his expiring contract the year after next.
    right on ! no easy way out for Francis in other words no buyout, the only way he gets to Houston is through a trade if he doesn't like it.... like Don just stated bench him or send him home like the Bulls did Tim Thomas. Sorry Steve but that comment that you made about "the next move you make is to the bank" is going to come back to haunt you in the form of two seasons on a Knick bench,or a Houston gym w/ Calvin Murphy ....ha ha ha

Steve needs to shut up and play ball. He could be possibly the next best guard next to marbury but his is every where else but on the court. He needs to quit being a headcase and come to play...

F@#k Steve Francis... in two years when his and steph's contracts are up (along with Frye, Lee, Nate and I think Balkman)... the knicks will finally have the guap to sign expected Free Agent Kobe Bryant (he'll be 31 that summer)... if franchise doesn't want to play... let him rot...

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by ShairanXIII
    F@#k Steve Francis... in two years when his and steph's contracts are up (along with Frye, Lee, Nate and I think Balkman)... the knicks will finally have the guap to sign expected Free Agent Kobe Bryant (he'll be 31 that summer)... if franchise doesn't want to play... let him rot...
    We don't know yet, Isiah is crazy with trades, and he orgasms when he trades an expiring contract.

Originally Posted by metrocard
    We don't know yet, Isiah is crazy with trades, and he orgasms when he trades an expiring contract.
    but he's talking a good game lately... let's see if he backs it up...