Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 26 of 26

Thread: was Curry worth it

  1. #16
    Superstar The 1 and Only's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    995
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    haha i know that's right!

  2. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    245
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    I'm kinda in the middle on this one....I love Curry I defeinetly see why IT made the trade for him. What it all boils down to is this, if Curry can become a better rebounder, shot blocker, and passer he's probably the best center in the East and we "won" so to speak. But the picks that Bulls aquired from this trade will make them a good team for years to come, we also have provided them w/ cap room to sighn a superstar whenever they want. And listen I'm as big a Balkman fan as anyone, I'm so happy he proved his doubters wrong, but lets poll all the GM's in the league and ask them who they would rather have Balkman or Tyrus Thomas and 90% will say Tyrus, again I love Balkman, but he's about as good as he's gonna be in this league, and Tyrus has the potential to be as good as Kenyon Martin was in New Jersey. IT's ability to draft has soften the impact of losing our picks but there is no way that we can say that we are better off w/ out those picks, it's safe to say if we had the 2nd pick in the draft last year Isiah would not have used it on Balkman. To wrap it up, if the Knicks had made the playoffs this year, the Knicks got the better of this trade, if the Bulls landed Durant or Oden then the Bulls got the better end, but a number 2 pick and a number 9 and cap room for Curry, Balkman, and the 23rd pick this year, I'd say it's just about even....don't you think

  3. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Posts
    455
    Rep Power
    10

    Nyk Logo

    Did the Knicks get the better end of the deal? Yes. I believe so and here's why:

    Eddy Curry

    Last year if the Bulls had still gave up Tyson Chandler and kept Curry, they'd probably beat Detroit. Slide Wallace to the PF position, with Eddy at the 5 and you definetly have the low post scoring threat that they so sorely lacked. As well, you take a run at the title with Big Ben's defense and rebounding while Tyrus Thomas learns how to navigate the NBA waters. 3yrs from now you're still a threat with Curry, Thomas, Deng, Gordon and Hinrich. And the run continues with you starting five intact for four years. Just a thought. By the way, does anyone here really care what Scott Skiles really has to say? Did anyone think he was gonna talk up Curry's or Chandler's development when he ran them both out of town? Notice how they both had break out years as soon as they left his so called tutelage?

    Renaldo Balkman

    The position the Knicks need help at the most I believe are SF and PF. Now we have people on the team, who could easily fill these roles if they take this off season to develop. Balkman is a wash for talent with Tyrus Thomas. Balkman is a better on ball defender than Thomas, and a much better ball handler. So if he develops a jumper with his abilty to go to the basket he'd have the makings of an injury free Larry Johnson. Explosive post presence, if the shot develops, the abilty to pull up and stretch the D.

    Frye and Lee

    Both these guys have high ceilings for what they can achieve. The just need to work hard. However, I like the fact they're young and coachable. as well, that they aren't KVH or Tim Thomas two 6'10 guys that are sometimes impossible to find on a basketball court. KVH was so useless he is no longer in the league (no he's not on Dallas anymore) and Tim Thomas won't be sited again till he needs his final contract.

    The Bulls will soon be over the cap. They have to resign Deng, Gordon, Nocioni, Duhon. By the way only three teams will be under the cap (Projected at 55 to $57.5). They are as follows:

    Atlanta, Charlotte, Chicago*, Milwaukee*, Orlando, Sacramento*, Seattle* and Toronto* (* Depicts teams that do not have a full roster under contract for 2007/2008 season)

    Ultimately did we win getting Eddy? Yes, cause now we have a plan.

  4. #19
    Superstar ShairanXIII's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    501
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally Posted by dr.carpy
    Did the Knicks get the better end of the deal? Yes. I believe so and here's why:

    Eddy Curry

    Last year if the Bulls had still gave up Tyson Chandler and kept Curry, they'd probably beat Detroit. Slide Wallace to the PF position, with Eddy at the 5 and you definetly have the low post scoring threat that they so sorely lacked. As well, you take a run at the title with Big Ben's defense and rebounding while Tyrus Thomas learns how to navigate the NBA waters. 3yrs from now you're still a threat with Curry, Thomas, Deng, Gordon and Hinrich. And the run continues with you starting five intact for four years. Just a thought. By the way, does anyone here really care what Scott Skiles really has to say? Did anyone think he was gonna talk up Curry's or Chandler's development when he ran them both out of town? Notice how they both had break out years as soon as they left his so called tutelage?

    Renaldo Balkman

    The position the Knicks need help at the most I believe are SF and PF. Now we have people on the team, who could easily fill these roles if they take this off season to develop. Balkman is a wash for talent with Tyrus Thomas. Balkman is a better on ball defender than Thomas, and a much better ball handler. So if he develops a jumper with his abilty to go to the basket he'd have the makings of an injury free Larry Johnson. Explosive post presence, if the shot develops, the abilty to pull up and stretch the D.

    Frye and Lee

    Both these guys have high ceilings for what they can achieve. The just need to work hard. However, I like the fact they're young and coachable. as well, that they aren't KVH or Tim Thomas two 6'10 guys that are sometimes impossible to find on a basketball court. KVH was so useless he is no longer in the league (no he's not on Dallas anymore) and Tim Thomas won't be sited again till he needs his final contract.

    The Bulls will soon be over the cap. They have to resign Deng, Gordon, Nocioni, Duhon. By the way only three teams will be under the cap (Projected at 55 to $57.5). They are as follows:

    Atlanta, Charlotte, Chicago*, Milwaukee*, Orlando, Sacramento*, Seattle* and Toronto* (* Depicts teams that do not have a full roster under contract for 2007/2008 season)

    Ultimately did we win getting Eddy? Yes, cause now we have a plan.
    yessir... exactly... except the bulls wouldn't have Tyrus Thomas if they still kept Curry... otherwise you're dead on...

  5. #20
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,618
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by The 1 and Only
    I laughed so hard after reading this post...wow you're almost as funny as eddie murphy, the only difference is he's not ignorant such as the ignorant duo. Let's break this one down since you like to crack on posts...Stevie Franchise ahhh the franchise...was it Isiah's idea to bring him in? No it was Larry Brown's evil scheme to get rid of Stephon Marbury. Jerome James...burger-king James...dag your really know your fast food restaurants LOL but did Isiah trade for Jerome James? Nope, he signed him to a bogus contract that had nothing to do with a trade...so maybe the 1 and Only has already realized that this move was a bonehead move...why do you have to bash posts and be annoying all the time? This is your conscious. Oh yes...Jared Jeffries...did we trade for him? I think you already no this answer my ignorant child...what I mean by trades...I'm talking about trading Kurt Thomas for Q-Rich and Nate Robinson, the Curry trade, and the marbury trade. But some did backfire on us...trading KVH was a failure. But you must realize that he's building the team for the future instead of a team that's supposed to win now. Listen to what you and tweedle dum are complaining about....oh eddy curry turns the ball over too much, oh Jamal Crawford shoots stupid shots, oh Channing Frye doesn't rebound the ball...these are all young mistakes you are talking about. Vets don't make these mistakes...or should I say most vets. So before you think about cracking on somebody post...listen to your conscience...it shall set you free my child LOL

    my 'attempt' at humor... if i offended... i apologize...

  6. #21
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    255
    Rep Power
    0

    Smile

    It's not like the Bulls are gonna draft a projected superstar @ number 9 (unless sum1 drops 2 them)

  7. #22
    Superstar The 1 and Only's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    995
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally Posted by paris401
    my 'attempt' at humor... if i offended... i apologize...
    It's all good man...I thought you were bashing my opinion instead of making of the situation...it's all good

  8. #23
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    6,785
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    On the truth, it's really not about Eddy Curry next season.
    Curry is not going to make any miracle change over the offseason (We seen his best this past season). That is why the majority of Knick-Fans is thinking KG, O'Neal, and Artest.

    It is way to late to worry about was Curry worth a 23 & 33 Win season.

    It's all about 9th pick Channing Frye leading the Knicks Frontcourt next season.

    After what President/Coach Isiah Thomas did to Channing Frye role on this Knick Team in his second season in the NBA, I too agree that Channing frye deserves a second season without the role that was given to him this past season.

    All Knick-Fans seen tapes of Channing Frye in the weight Gym last offseason building up body muscles to play deep inside the middle paint for the upcomming season. Even practicing 10 foot hook-shots which he never got a chance to use with Eddy Curry playingtime increased to 35 MPG with Channing Frye averaging 25 MPG alongside of Curry this past season (Channing Frye was the ideal Back-up Center for Eddy Curry 24 MPG).

    David Lee & Jerome James should've been used as the Knicks PF.

    Q.Richardson & Balkman should've been used as the Knicks SF.

    Marbury & Crawford should've been the Knicks Starting backcourt.

    Francis, Nate, and Collins should've been the Knicks backup Guards & Backcourt runners.

    The above is how you take advantage of the strength, speed, and talents of all your young players.

    Jared Jefferies should've been a Bench Watcher with spot-roles of playingtime this past season, only if he could do a better job than Malik Rose as a Spot Role player, which I doubt.

    This Knick Team was misorganized by the Head Coach, and Coached wrong the entire season, that is why important players got injured all at the same time in the second half of the season.

  9. #24
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Good points made, welcome to the forum, Kiya.

    Originally Posted by paris401
    my 'attempt' at humor... if i offended... i apologize...
    They're very sensitive and easily offended, don't worry about it.

  10. #25
    Superstar ShairanXIII's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    501
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    On the truth, it's really not about Eddy Curry next season.
    Curry is not going to make any miracle change over the offseason (We seen his best this past season). That is why the majority of Knick-Fans is thinking KG, O'Neal, and Artest.

    It is way to late to worry about was Curry worth a 23 & 33 Win season.

    It's all about 9th pick Channing Frye leading the Knicks Frontcourt next season.

    After what President/Coach Isiah Thomas did to Channing Frye role on this Knick Team in his second season in the NBA, I too agree that Channing frye deserves a second season without the role that was given to him this past season.

    All Knick-Fans seen tapes of Channing Frye in the weight Gym last offseason building up body muscles to play deep inside the middle paint for the upcomming season. Even practicing 10 foot hook-shots which he never got a chance to use with Eddy Curry playingtime increased to 35 MPG with Channing Frye averaging 25 MPG alongside of Curry this past season (Channing Frye was the ideal Back-up Center for Eddy Curry 24 MPG).

    David Lee & Jerome James should've been used as the Knicks PF.

    Q.Richardson & Balkman should've been used as the Knicks SF.

    Marbury & Crawford should've been the Knicks Starting backcourt.

    Francis, Nate, and Collins should've been the Knicks backup Guards & Backcourt runners.

    The above is how you take advantage of the strength, speed, and talents of all your young players.

    Jared Jefferies should've been a Bench Watcher with spot-roles of playingtime this past season, only if he could do a better job than Malik Rose as a Spot Role player, which I doubt.

    This Knick Team was misorganized by the Head Coach, and Coached wrong the entire season, that is why important players got injured all at the same time in the second half of the season.
    how exactly is it IT's fault that everyone got hurt at the same time? before the injuries... the knicks had most of their key guys all year (except q-rich)... no other team had that luxury... it finally caught up to us...

    I agree that IT made some poor decisions as HC last season... namely not having his team prepared at the start of games thereby always trailing in the opening periods... starting JJ20 and JJ13... but to say they were coached wrong the entire season is misleading...

    first... Curry hasn't come close to reaching his potential... last season was the first season he was consistently the focus of an offense and handled it well... until the double and triple teams came... this off-season... he has to adjust for that and work on the defensive and rebounding end of the court...

    as for Frye... were his talents misused? maybe... but remember ewing and oakley worked well together because they could each hit the mid range and bang down low... the problem with running frye down low for extended periods is he gets banged around in there... and he isn't a dominant enough rebounder to make the permanent move to 5 a good decision... he's better used as a consisten 4 and play spot possessions as 5 when they need to draw out the opposing big man for instance...

    the only problem with your rotation is that it leaves our bench offensively impaired and JJ13 is a foul out waiting to happen playing any more than 10 minutes a night... let's face the facts... the guy doesn't want to be a good player... he's here as long as the checks clear...

  11. #26
    Superstar ShairanXIII's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    501
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally Posted by FameMos
    It's not like the Bulls are gonna draft a projected superstar @ number 9 (unless sum1 drops 2 them)
    superstars drafted #9 or later:

    kobe bryant
    amare stoudamire
    jermaine o'neal
    dennis rodman
    john stockton
    paul pierce
    tracy mcgrady

    i could keep listing... let's be happy that it's not oden or durant... and remember this is supposed to be a deep draft... let's hope paxson isn't that good at drafting... or scott skiles misuses another talent...

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 35
    Last Post: Feb 26, 2010, 09:28
  2. trade curry yes/no
    By theknicks3 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: Apr 01, 2007, 01:51
  3. i am so annoyed at eddy curry
    By theknicks3 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: Feb 25, 2007, 12:04
  4. My beef with Isiah
    By metrocard in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 79
    Last Post: Jan 17, 2007, 03:21
  5. New York Post: Curry is in Shape
    By Big C in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: Oct 12, 2006, 19:18

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •