Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Knicks have made Lewis a major priority.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Default The Knicks have made Lewis a major priority.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Knicks Covet Rashard Lewis
    30th May, 2007 - 4:33 am
    Seattle Post Intelligencer -
    According to NBA insiders, the Knicks could make the Sonics a sign-and-trade offer for forward Rashard Lewis that could include Seattle natives Nate Robinson and Jamal Crawford.

Crawford is owed $35 million over the next four seasons, and the Knicks could add Robinson's contract or that of Channing Frye to come within 75 percent of a new Lewis deal, per rules of the collective bargaining agreement.

Wilkens said Tuesday that the Sonics plan to sign Lewis, who opted out of his contract Friday and will be an unrestricted free agent July 1. To execute a sign-and-trade, the Sonics would have to sign Lewis to a new contract and then trade him.

The Sonics have the advantage in re-signing Lewis because they can offer him a six-year deal, compared with five for other clubs, and give Lewis 10.5 percent increases per season, compared with 8 percent for other clubs.

" He is a young player who was having a great year, and he wants to explore the market," Wilkens said. "Yes (there are plans to re-sign him). He is an asset for us. We still want him, and we're going to try everything we can get him signed."

The Knicks, however, have made Lewis a major priority.

Honestly

Marbury
    Richardson
    Lewis
    Lee
    Curry

Isn't bad, especially when we give up two medicore players.

I'm all down for that deal
    JC and nate...
    that would be awesome.

With Q coming off from his back surgery - i think that might be the last of his back issues...the only real problem that was keeping him out of games the last few seasons.

With Steph, Q and Rashard as the 1, 2 and 3 and Lee to clean up the boards at 4....i think we can cause some havoc with tht lineup...

Thumbs up

This will only make Marbury and Curry that much better I hope we don't have 2 trade our pick

Ugghhh!! I don't want Lewis here. We don't need another scorer that can't play defense. I would much rather have Artest (headcase and all) than Lewis. Please Isiah, don't make this move. Bring Artest back to NY.

He would open things up for marbury and curry cuz hes a 6'10" sfwho is a threat from downtown. As of right now, I'm not sure who would help the knicks out more, Artest or Rash Lewis but I would rather see them throw in channing frye instead of nate robinson.

I don't think he would be a good fit to be honest.... but hey, I'll do anything to get rid of Nate.

Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    Ugghhh!! I don't want Lewis here. We don't need another scorer that can't play defense. I would much rather have Artest (headcase and all) than Lewis. Please Isiah, don't make this move. Bring Artest back to NY.

I agree with you, I don't want Lewis. Sure he can score but he plays absolutely no defense. But on your artest point i disagree. Last thing we need is a player whose going to start problems.

wit all the stuff Artest has gotten hiself into I think he'll ease up on all the nonsense. I think he'll be an All Star caliber player if he came here

12th man

Originally Posted by FameMos
    wit all the stuff Artest has gotten hiself into I think he'll ease up on all the nonsense. I think he'll be an All Star caliber player if he came here
    Co-****ing-sign. Its lame when people assume that Artest is going to blow up like a bomb in New York, Isiah has much experience with Artest.

Nobody should think that Artest will blow up like a bomb in NY!!! If team's gonna work hard and play pretty well, everyone will be satisfied! He is the type of guy we need on our roster to do the dirty work! Artest fits perfectly like no one else, cause we won't get Marion or Gerald Wallace (I'd loved to get this guy instead of Artest, but it's just my sympathy to him :P). What we need from Ron is that he'll focus on defense and just help Curry, Crawford and Marbury to put some points on the scoring board! If he can give us 12-15 points, 7 reb, 3-4 assists, 2 steals, 1 block it would be excellent! Like I wrote in my first post getting Lewis is also not a bad idea if we concentrate to make a offensive team, but giving up Crawford and Nate is like giving 2 'smaller', but good shooters for one bigger if U know what I have in mind! No sense at all, just benefits for Sonics and after all You gonna say-> "another bad move by Isiah"! But It's just mine little opinion....nobody has to agree!

12th man

Originally Posted by The_Phantom
    Nobody should think that Artest will blow up like a bomb in NY!!! If team's gonna work hard and play pretty well, everyone will be satisfied! He is the type of guy we need on our roster to do the dirty work! Artest fits perfectly like no one else, cause we won't get Marion or Gerald Wallace (I'd loved to get this guy instead of Artest, but it's just my sympathy to him :P). What we need from Ron is that he'll focus on defense and just help Curry, Crawford and Marbury to put some points on the scoring board! If he can give us 12-15 points, 7 reb, 3-4 assists, 2 steals, 1 block it would be excellent! Like I wrote in my first post getting Lewis is also not a bad idea if we concentrate to make a offensive team, but giving up Crawford and Nate is like giving 2 'smaller', but good shooters for one bigger if U know what I have in mind! No sense at all, just benefits for Sonics and after all You gonna say-> "another bad move by Isiah"! But It's just mine little opinion....nobody has to agree!
    But I agree.

Lurker

Nyk Logo Yes, but trade Frye instead.

Instead of Nate Robinson trade Frye instead. David Lee and Renaldo can fill in the the 2 spot. Jamal is good but never shoots well consistently. Nate provides great energy off the bench. Frye gets injured too often and doesn't suit the knicks too well.

Lurker

agreed. Frye doesn't fit in well with the current knicks team and he gets injured often.

Superstar

Maybe I missed something... Did Frye get injured this season? I thought he played 72 games this season, and the only reason he missed games his rookie season was because someone rolled up on his knee.

Let's not crap on Channing after having a mediocore second season

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]