Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Artest to NY?

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by lilman_bklyn
    Howard Yao and Oden will NOT be better than Curry
    Sorry, I was gonna reply to your post, but when I read that...I really have nothing else to say to you.

I'll just explain my post a little better.

Curry is a C+ player. Curry is always disinterested on the defensive end, is a timid defensive rebounder, and turns the ball over too often. He has potential to be a B player because he has 10+ years in the NBA.

Dwight and Curry have the same problems offensively. Dwight is very one dementional, all he can do at this point is over power his man and dunk. He has potential offensively, but Dwight is a superior rebounder, defender, much more atheletic and explosive. He's also stronger and younger than Curry. Choosing Curry over Dwight Howard is comical. Ask how many Magic fans they would trade Dwight for Curry, and see how many laughs you would get in your face.

Tim Duncan = A+
    Yao Ming = A
    Amare Stoudimire = B+(close to an A, I'll consider it since he made the all NBA first team)
    Dwight = B+
    Boozer = B+
    Al J = B
    Curry = C+

Averaging 19.5 doesn't make you the best or one of the best centers in the NBA automatically. Curry averaged 19.5 as the primary option on offense.

Al Jefferson has proven he's as good, if not better than Curry. Jefferson averaged 16 ppg and 11 rebs and 1.5 blks on 2 turnovers a game. I MUCH rather have that from Curry than 19.5 ppg 6 rebs, not one block and almost 4 turnovers a game. Its frustrating and sad at the same time to know that it has to take almost 4 turnovers a game for Curry to score only 19 points per game. What will it take for 24 ppg? 6 or 7? How many touches does Curry need to reach that level? The saddest part is CURRY doesn't get alot of assist out of those touches. Prove me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure Curry is last in the NBA in assist per 40 minutes. He has to be, or have one of the worst assist to turnover ratios in the NBA. Accually...I'm wrong, Curry is 411 in the NBA in assist to turnover ratio. .23 is as bad as it gets. Curry isn't the only good post scorer in the NBA, lets stop being foolish here. Guys like Al Jefferson, Howard, Carlos Boozer, Yao Ming, Tim Duncan, Amare Stoudmire are some of the premier big men in the NBA that have superior value compared to Curry.

Isiah has fooled many, many today believe Curry is capable of being a franchise player, Isiah has even convinced people that Curry is untradable. Its okay, thats Isiah's job. You will feel like fools in 2-3 years and look back at what you HAD believe, similar to the people who supported the Francis deal...the Crawford deal...not trading Frye for Artest...supporting Isiah's extention. These are the same people who turn out to look foolish on their blind assumptions.

Curry right now isn't an all star player. My frustration with Curry is his failure to PROGRESS on other aspects of his game. We know Curry strengths when he came here, if he's going to lead this franchise, we need him to be more WELL ROUNDED, because his weaknesses unfortunately weight out his strengths.
    Last edited by metrocard; May 31, 2007 at 16:21.

Originally Posted by metrocard
    Sorry, I was gonna reply to your post, but when I read that...I really have nothing else to say to you.

Curry is a C+ player. Curry is always disinterested on the defensive end, is a timid defensive rebounder, and turns the ball over too often. He has potential to be a B player because he has 10+ years in the NBA.

Dwight and Curry have the same problems offensively. Dwight is very one dementional, all he can do at this point is over power his man and dunk. He has potential offensively, but Dwight is a superior rebounder, defender, much more atheletic and explosiveness. He's also stronger and younger than Curry. Choosing Curry over Dwight Howard is comical. Ask how many Magic fans they would trade Dwight for Curry, and see how many laughs you would get in your face.

Tim Duncan = A+
    Yao Ming = A
    Amare Stoudimire = B+(close to an A, I'll consider it since he made the all NBA first team)
    Dwight = B+
    Boozer = B+
    Al J = B
    Curry = C+

Averaging 19.5 doesn't make you the best or one of the best centers in the NBA automatically. Curry averaged 19.5 as the primary option on offense.

Al Jefferson has proven he's as good, if not better than Curry. Jefferson averaged 16 ppg and 11 rebs and 1.5 blks on 2 turnovers a game. I MUCH rather have that from Curry than 19.5 ppg 6 rebs, not one block and almost 4 turnovers a game. Its frustrating and sad at the same time to know that it has to take almost 4 turnovers a game for Curry to score only 19 points per game. What will it take for 24 ppg? 6 or 7? How many touches does Curry need to reach that level? The saddest part is CURRY doesn't get alot of assist out of those touches. Prove me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure Curry is last in the NBA in assist per 40 minutes. He has to be, or have one of the worst assist to turnover ratios in the NBA. Accually...I'm wrong, Curry is 411 in the NBA in assist to turnover ratio. .23 is as bad as it gets. Curry isn't the only good post scorer in the NBA, lets stop being foolish here. Guys like Al Jefferson, Howard, Carlos Boozer, Yao Ming, Tim Duncan, Amare Stoudmire are some of the premier big men in the NBA that have superior value compared to Curry.

Isiah has fooled many, many today believe Curry is capable of being a franchise player, Isiah has even convinced people that Curry is untradable. Its okay, thats Isiah's job. You will feel like fools in 2-3 years and look back at what you HAD believe, similar to the people who supported the Francis deal...the Crawford deal...not trading Frye for Artest...supporting Isiah's extention. These are the same people who turn out to look foolish on their blind assumptions.

Curry right now isn't an all star player. My frustration with Curry is his failure to PROGRESS on other aspects of his game. We know Curry strengths when he came here, if he's going to lead this franchise, we need him to be more WELL ROUNDED, because his weaknesses unfortunately weight out his strengths.

Good post man. I thought Curry should be atleast a B or B- minus, but you proved ur point. So i agree. Still, one of the most talked about goals for the Knicks offseason is to have Eddy develop a jump shot.

Curry with a jump shot would make us 3x more deadly on the floor. If they can teach him to shoot, then we can start talkin all-star games

12th man

Originally Posted by Starks
    Good post man. I thought Curry should be atleast a B or B- minus, but you proved ur point. So i agree. Still, one of the most talked about goals for the Knicks offseason is to have Eddy develop a jump shot.

Curry with a jump shot would make us 3x more deadly on the floor. If they can teach him to shoot, then we can start talkin all-star games
    Yeh, Curry with a jumpshot will make our offense much quicker and effective. You know how long it takes to get Curry in position, and with our PG's, it takes longer to pass it to Curry. We always get that back to the back with 5-7 seconds left on the shot clock with Curry. He doesn't pass out, so its either going to be a FG, a miss shot, a turnover or an offensive rebound. Curry would decrease his turnovers and increase his PPG with a jumpshot.

Curry doesn't shoot jumpers, but he isn't a bad shooter, with repitition, I believe he can be a consistant jumpshooter.

Its gonna be a sight next year when a 6'11" 285 pound monster is takin jumpshots but if he can make them, why not take them? I think if Chaning Frye is still there next year, they have to find a way to get him more involved offensively. Artest is the best defensive small forward I have ever seen in my life. The knicks, however, need a shot blocker more than a guy who can slow down some of the best sf's and sg's in the league. Q-Rich has done this when healthy. I remember pierce havin a terrible game cuz of q-rich and also King James was slowed down by Q-rich. Another guy whos supposed to and i think can slow down these players is jared jeffries. As much as I love Ron artests game and I love queens, i dont think the knicks need him. I'm not tryin to suggest that q-rich and jeffries are just as good as artest, no way dont get it twisted. I think what the knicks got at that position is good enough. The biggest problem with this knick team is at the powerforward and center positions. They aint got much defense and almost no shotblocking. Isiah would never trade curry. I think David Lee is a keeper becasue although hes not a great defender hes a good defender and a great rebounder. I think Frye is the guy thats gotta go even though I think he'll be a very good player maybe even next year. I'd give him until the trade deadline. He's gotta start blockin more shots which he certainitly has the potential to do. I'd say somewhere between 1.5 and 2 blocks a game he needs to average. Otherwise, I would get rid of him and find a shot blocker.

Frye was supposed 2 be a shot blocker when we drafted him. So far it looks like he's just a bigman who can shoot. But how do u expect him 2 be an impact player if he's not getting the consistent Playing Time? I think if he got PT and was able 2 get into the flow of the game we would see him do his thing.

all i know is the knicks better keep Crawford, thats our star most of the time

Originally Posted by FameMos
    Frye was supposed 2 be a shot blocker when we drafted him. So far it looks like he's just a bigman who can shoot. But how do u expect him 2 be an impact player if he's not getting the consistent Playing Time? I think if he got PT and was able 2 get into the flow of the game we would see him do his thing.
    Exactly! I always thought Frye was a decent shot blocker...no he's not the most experienced on the defensive end but if we give him time he might rise to the occasion...

12th man

Originally Posted by FameMos
    I think Frye would be a solid shot blocker, but he doesn't like physical play or cover the paint on defense. Frye has the long body...if he develops a mean streak, I wouldn't be suprised to see Frye averaged 1.5 blk per game...same with Curry. But these guys play cupcake defense consistantly.

Superstar

Dwight and Curry have the same problems offensively. Dwight is very one dementional, all he can do at this point is over power his man and dunk. He has potential offensively, but Dwight is a superior rebounder, defender, much more atheletic and explosive. He's also stronger and younger than Curry. Choosing Curry over Dwight Howard is comical. Ask how many Magic fans they would trade Dwight for Curry, and see how many laughs you would get in your face.

Tim Duncan = A+
    Yao Ming = A
    Dwight = B+
    Boozer = B+
    Al J = B
    Curry = C+

I want to preface this by stating understanding the words that are written/spoken is crucial to any debate... I stated previously that those other Centers will NOT be judged better than Curry. That's not to say Curry will be better than them or vice versa. But whatever, Ya wanna dance... lets Dance

Firstly, Duncan and Boozer are PF's and I will try not to address them. Secondly, besides maybe Q balkman and Mardy, the entire knicks team appeared disinterested on the defensive end. I really don't believe that the coaches made it a focus, and the entire team took that to heart.As I said, the defense can be taught. Curry has proved that he is willing to make himself better. Also, the "good defender" title can be deceptive in itself. With the exception of Yao, almost all other elite big men who had to guard to EC came up short or were either a wash.

In regards to the turnovers, this is the only season that Curry has averaged over 3 TO's per game, I will argue that the constant double teaming, which he was not used to previously in his career, added to this amount. In addition to that, if you check, ALL big men(PF and Centers) who handled the ball on a regular basis were prone to over 2 or 3 TO's a game. It's not something that strictly is plaguing Curry and no one else, so lets not fool people into thinking that is the case. This off season he will work on handling the double and triple teams, and the Knicks coaching staff should work on plays to make teams pay for double and triple teaming Curry. If after next season there is no improvement I will be the first to say yes there is a problem there, but come on, dont act as if the guy is getting the ball and dribbling it off his foot (no pun intended Vince) with no one guarding him. Please provide all the information

In regards to Dwight Howard, I want to point to my previous statement where I said, when going head to head, the story stats speak for themselves. Look, when you don't have any other person on your team who can grab a rebound then you had better average over 10.The fact is with the exception of Chicago Denver and the Hornets, all of the other rebound leaders do not have anyone else on their teams who rebound (hence their teams are not any of the beter rebounding teams in the league. The knicks are the 5th leading rebound team in the nba, Curry not rebounding 10+ a game is not what's hurting the knicks. With that being said, please note that I do not believe that 7 rebounds is acceptable for curry, but he is in the top 30 in rebounds and with just 1.5 more rebounds a game, he is in the top 15. So lets not act as if Curry becoming a top rebounder is so totally out of the question.

The fact is Curry has never learned the nuances of the game, that is HIS fault, and that is the fault of his COACHES in the past. He had raw talent and utilized it and never worked on it. I have said this a few times and I will say it again... Defense can be taught. Once a defensive mind set is instilled in the team, the team will adapt, you can tell the main focus the coaches had last year with Curry was improving his offensive game and he has improved it to the tune of the most points in the paint last year.

Veteran

Angry

Eddy Curry improvement maybe questionable in the seasons to come although, Curry did start to show outstanding improvement this past season when Coach Isiah Thomas put David Lee into the starting lineup.

We Knick-fans seen Curry gather 9 straight Double-Doubles with David Lee & Crawford alongside of him in the Knicks Starting lineup (then came Jared Jefferies off of the injured list and imediatly put into the Knicks rotation for 30 MPG his first outing as a Knick.).
    The Knicks started looking good and ready to lead their division with the Starting lineup of Curry, Lee, Q.Rich, Crawford, and Marbury, with Balkman, Nate, and Cato comming off the bench (there was NO-Need or NO-Room for Jared Jefferies in the rotation at that time.).
    Whether that Knick starting lineup was an accident or the coach got tired of his weak Bigmen-frontline & confuse-Backcourt (injury to both Frye & Francis) it was the beginning of chemistry in the Knicks starting lineup which been missing since the arrival of Marbury & Isiah Thomas.
    However, the short role of playingtime inwhich was given to Cato as Curry backup when David Lee was a starter could have been given to Channing Frye for a younger & quicker sub-bigman downlow to replace Curry.

What was President/Head-Coach Isiah Thomas thinking or drinking when he added Jared Jefferies to this Knick Starting Rotation for 30 MPG of playingtime when his special project player (Curry) was finally comming into his game by having (9) consecutive "Double-Double" games, untill Jared Jefferies was added to the lineup???

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    What was President/Head-Coach Isiah Thomas thinking or drinking when he added Jared Jefferies to this Knick Starting Rotation for 30 MPG of playingtime when his special project player (Curry) was finally comming into his game by having (9) consecutive "Double-Double" games, untill Jared Jefferies was added to the lineup???
    He was tryna justify those contracts he gave 2 both Jerome James (reason y Cato didn't get playing time) and Jared Jefferies.

12th man

Originally Posted by lilman_bklyn
    I want to preface this by stating understanding the words that are written/spoken is crucial to any debate... I stated previously that those other Centers will NOT be judged better than Curry. That's not to say Curry will be better than them or vice versa. But whatever, Ya wanna dance... lets Dance

Firstly, Duncan and Boozer are PF's and I will try not to address them. Secondly, besides maybe Q balkman and Mardy, the entire knicks team appeared disinterested on the defensive end. I really don't believe that the coaches made it a focus, and the entire team took that to heart.As I said, the defense can be taught. Curry has proved that he is willing to make himself better. Also, the "good defender" title can be deceptive in itself. With the exception of Yao, almost all other elite big men who had to guard to EC came up short or were either a wash.

In regards to the turnovers, this is the only season that Curry has averaged over 3 TO's per game, I will argue that the constant double teaming, which he was not used to previously in his career, added to this amount. In addition to that, if you check, ALL big men(PF and Centers) who handled the ball on a regular basis were prone to over 2 or 3 TO's a game. It's not something that strictly is plaguing Curry and no one else, so lets not fool people into thinking that is the case. This off season he will work on handling the double and triple teams, and the Knicks coaching staff should work on plays to make teams pay for double and triple teaming Curry. If after next season there is no improvement I will be the first to say yes there is a problem there, but come on, dont act as if the guy is getting the ball and dribbling it off his foot (no pun intended Vince) with no one guarding him. Please provide all the information

In regards to Dwight Howard, I want to point to my previous statement where I said, when going head to head, the story stats speak for themselves. Look, when you don't have any other person on your team who can grab a rebound then you had better average over 10.The fact is with the exception of Chicago Denver and the Hornets, all of the other rebound leaders do not have anyone else on their teams who rebound (hence their teams are not any of the beter rebounding teams in the league. The knicks are the 5th leading rebound team in the nba, Curry not rebounding 10+ a game is not what's hurting the knicks. With that being said, please note that I do not believe that 7 rebounds is acceptable for curry, but he is in the top 30 in rebounds and with just 1.5 more rebounds a game, he is in the top 15. So lets not act as if Curry becoming a top rebounder is so totally out of the question.

The fact is Curry has never learned the nuances of the game, that is HIS fault, and that is the fault of his COACHES in the past. He had raw talent and utilized it and never worked on it. I have said this a few times and I will say it again... Defense can be taught. Once a defensive mind set is instilled in the team, the team will adapt, you can tell the main focus the coaches had last year with Curry was improving his offensive game and he has improved it to the tune of the most points in the paint last year.
    Duncan and Boozer are superior to Curry in the post, period.

Have you watched the Knicks at all? Balkman and Marbury are excellent defenders.

You said Curry has proved he's willing to make himself better on defense, but how so? He looks disinterested in defense most of the time he's out there. I believe Curry can become an average defender someday, but theres nothing to back that up at tihs point. Lets hope the big guy comes with something new in 07-08.

As for turnovers, I'm gonna list the guys who are top ten in turnovers at the center position in ESPN.com. Lets compare and find out if Curry is more productive than them. Curry is the worst in the NBA at his position in turnovers per 40 minutes, and 2nd in turnovers per game. I want you to keep in mind, Curry has the worst turnover to assist ratio than any other starting center who gets starter minutes, the WORST. Curry is a blackhole on offense, and this is what makes his game too one dementional. He tries to do everything by himself. This is why he'll never become an elite big men. When Tim Duncan has the ball, his passes result in a high a pecentage play, and he always has guys in MOTION, ball movement. When Curry has the ball, the motion and ball movement dies. Offensively, Curry has a long way to go. Defensively, its even worse.

Most of these guys play C or FC.

Dwight Howard - 3.9 17.6 ppg on 60% FG 12.6 rebs 1.9 blks
    Eddy Curry - 3.6 19.5 ppg on 61% 7 rebs .4 blks
    Yao Ming - 3.5 25 ppg 9.4 rebs 51% FG 2 blks
    Jermaine O'Neal - 2.9 19.4 ppg 9.7 rebs 43% 2.6 blks
    Amare Stoudimire - 2.8 20 ppg 9.6 rebs 56% FG 1.3 blks
    Tim Duncan - 2.7 20 ppg 10 rebs 54% FG 2.3 blks
    Pau Gasol - 2.7 21 ppg 9.9 rebs 54% FG 2.1 blks
    Carlos Boozer - 2.6 21 ppg 11.7 rebs 56% FG .2 blks
    Chris Bosh - 2.5 22 ppg 10 rebs 49% FG 1.3 blks
    Elton Brand - 2.5 20 ppg 9.3 rebs 53% FG 2.2 blks

Rebounding, Curry is 36th out of 43 centers in rebounds per 40 minutes. Blocks per 40? Curry is one of the top 5 worst at blocks. Man to man defense? We don't even need stats for that, we've seen how astrocious Curry can be defensively. You act like Curry is the only guy in the NBA who's going to improve his rebounding, while everyone else is gonna take a backseat and watch Curry slowly improve. PLEASE, there are other big men who are going to improve immensely such as Dwight Howard who has potential to average 15 rebs a game. If Bosh develops more upper body strength don't be suprised either. Oden, Noah, Horford, Wright are coming into the NBA...lol you pretend as if the NBA is going to reply this season over and over till Curry is top 10 in rebounding. Don't be so silly.

Are you gonna sit here and tell me you would choose Curry over any of those guys? I gave you your information and it was too much for you. This proves right here Curry is the least productive primary option compare to other C's and FC's. And don't make an agruement that these guys aren't "pure centers". They're combo big men who can play the 4/5, they're versitle, which is where Curry needs to improve on, his verstility. Curry stats are inflated by Isiah overplaying him. It is his first year being a consistant scorer, but for those guys, they've been doing it for years now and are proven all around. Curry to me isn't a top 10 big men at all and is a very tradable asset.

If Curry never has never learned the "nuances" of the game, then why would Isiah put the whole Franchise on Curry's back? Aren't you making a point for Isiah being a complete ignorant slut and a god damn fool as a GM? If you are, then well said.

Next season, keep waiting donchris's Avatar

The Frye & Curry thing did not work out because of POOR-POOR Coaching on Isiah Thomas part. You dont take a Rookie who was shinning in his rookie season in the paint getting rebounds, points, and blockshots, out of the paint for a sub-star Curry who is one dimensional in the paint. You build on Frye talent in the paint area on bothsides of the court. If Frye get traded that is what the next Coach will build around Frye for future improvement each season.
    Huhh? Frye is no Curry. Just like Curry is no Shaq. Even with this failed season Curry did more than Frye did the previous year. The players don't get to decide the system. They adjust to it. Frye couldn't adjust last year so we went to D.Lee which wasn't a bad choice.

The Knicks POOR perfomance this season was all on Isiah Thomas "SAVE-FACE" coaching style for contract players Marbury, Francis, Q.Rich, Jefferies, and Curry, getting big minutes of playingtime (without a system that coincide with each of their talents)...
    This is a good topic of discussion. From where I can see is this system is designed to be a run and gun squad. Thomas brought in all of the players you mentioned specifically for this style. The only one that I think was a poor acquisition is Steve Francis. We're not going to agree on this but it is factual that Larry Brown wanted Francis here and Marbury gone. I don't think it's fair to say that is Thomas' fault with out mentioning that Brown insisted on Francis being here. That aside, Curry, Richardson, Crawford and every one on your list except Jeffries are all scores and all fit into this system. They are perfect for this system and all of them have said they love the system. Jeffries was brought in for defense and to add balance. So far he's been a wash but I'm not going to give up on him like every one else seems to have given up on Frye.

Superstar

Duncan and Boozer are superior to Curry in the post, period.

Have you watched the Knicks at all? Balkman and Marbury are excellent defenders.

You said Curry has proved he's willing to make himself better on defense, but how so? He looks disinterested in defense most of the time he's out there. I believe Curry can become an average defender someday, but theres nothing to back that up at tihs point. Lets hope the big guy comes with something new in 07-08.

As for turnovers, I'm gonna list the guys who are top ten in turnovers at the center position in ESPN.com. Lets compare and find out if Curry is more productive than them. Curry is the worst in the NBA at his position in turnovers per 40 minutes, and 2nd in turnovers per game. I want you to keep in mind, Curry has the worst turnover to assist ratio than any other starting center who gets starter minutes, the WORST. Curry is a blackhole on offense, and this is what makes his game too one dementional. He tries to do everything by himself. This is why he'll never become an elite big men. When Tim Duncan has the ball, his passes result in a high a pecentage play, and he always has guys in MOTION, ball movement. When Curry has the ball, the motion and ball movement dies. Offensively, Curry has a long way to go. Defensively, its even worse.

Most of these guys play C or FC.

Dwight Howard - 3.9 17.6 ppg on 60% FG 12.6 rebs 1.9 blks
    Eddy Curry - 3.6 19.5 ppg on 61% 7 rebs .4 blks
    Yao Ming - 3.5 25 ppg 9.4 rebs 51% FG 2 blks
    Jermaine O'Neal - 2.9 19.4 ppg 9.7 rebs 43% 2.6 blks
    Amare Stoudimire - 2.8 20 ppg 9.6 rebs 56% FG 1.3 blks
    Tim Duncan - 2.7 20 ppg 10 rebs 54% FG 2.3 blks
    Pau Gasol - 2.7 21 ppg 9.9 rebs 54% FG 2.1 blks
    Carlos Boozer - 2.6 21 ppg 11.7 rebs 56% FG .2 blks
    Chris Bosh - 2.5 22 ppg 10 rebs 49% FG 1.3 blks
    Elton Brand - 2.5 20 ppg 9.3 rebs 53% FG 2.2 blks

Rebounding, Curry is 36th out of 43 centers in rebounds per 40 minutes. Blocks per 40? Curry is one of the top 5 worst at blocks. Man to man defense? We don't even need stats for that, we've seen how astrocious Curry can be defensively. You act like Curry is the only guy in the NBA who's going to improve his rebounding, while everyone else is gonna take a backseat and watch Curry slowly improve. PLEASE, there are other big men who are going to improve immensely such as Dwight Howard who has potential to average 15 rebs a game. If Bosh develops more upper body strength don't be suprised either. Oden, Noah, Horford, Wright are coming into the NBA...lol you pretend as if the NBA is going to reply this season over and over till Curry is top 10 in rebounding. Don't be so silly.

Are you gonna sit here and tell me you would choose Curry over any of those guys? I gave you your information and it was too much for you. This proves right here Curry is the least productive primary option compare to other C's and FC's. And don't make an agruement that these guys aren't "pure centers". They're combo big men who can play the 4/5, they're versitle, which is where Curry needs to improve on, his verstility. Curry stats are inflated by Isiah overplaying him. It is his first year being a consistant scorer, but for those guys, they've been doing it for years now and are proven all around. Curry to me isn't a top 10 big men at all and is a very tradable asset.

If Curry never has never learned the "nuances" of the game, then why would Isiah put the whole Franchise on Curry's back? Aren't you making a point for Isiah being a complete ignorant slut and a god damn fool as a GM? If you are, then well said.
    I am going to keep this one short because you have your opinion and aren't going to change it based on anything that i could say. So i will just point out a couple of things and be done with it. The fact is Curry scored the most points in the paint this year period. More than duncan more than boozer more than anyone. You say overuse by Zeke, ok so be it,When Shaq was scoring all those points in the paint, I'm sure that was because of overuse by Jackson not because he was great post player (NO I AM NOT COMPARING EC TO SHAQ, I'm making a POINT)
    You said "When Tim Duncan has the ball,... he always has guys in MOTION, ball movement" Umm, sorry Duncan doesn't do that, the coach does that. THe coach calls the plays, Not Duncan. IF the there isn't movement from the knicks when Curry gets the ball, it's not Curry's fault because Curry doesn't call the plays now does he??

And if you want to quote me, quote me correctly, I said "Curry has proved that he is willing to make himself better" If youdon't see that, then there is no reason to continue debating you on this fact.

Now have you watched the knicks at all? I mean seriously! They are the second worst perimeter defense team in the league behind the trailblazers. they were 7th worst in total field goal percentage on defense.

We have Curry, we don't have any of those other players you mentioned, and I will trust that he will get better, and I know he will. I will stick to what I said that when everything is said and done, None of those players you mentioned will be said to be that much better than Curry. Point blank.

With a real perimeter player (Ray Allen or alike) in the midst, he will show his worth. THe TO's will come down next season and the rebounds will go up. He will continue to march towards his claim of being the best big man in the league.

I agree...Curry now has somebody on him to put pressure on him...to be there in his corner to say "hey...you are our franchise player...we're going to need you to man up and the beast that you are". He didn't have that in Chicago since skiles is a terrible big man coach. He has great coaches here who wants to work with him. Its put up or shut up time with Curry...he has to do what he has to do!