Artest to NY?

eastlinykfan

Benchwarmer
If this is all we're gonna get out of Curry we might as well had kept Sweetney. If we had kept Sweetney and not make that trade then we might've had a chance @ 1 of those lottery picks like a Aldridge or Tyrus Thomas. And I agree wit Metro. When Curry isn't playing D or hustling then he needs 2 ride the pine....Zeke just refuses 2 bench him. If Zeke would let Curry know, 'if u don't play hard on both ends of the court, u will see less playing time' and that's why I don't see Curry improving (at least under Isaiah). BTW, that's 1 of Isaiah's biggest prob's, he settles wit his team playing avg instead of demanding them 2 play 2 their fullest potential.

" BTW, that's 1 of Isaiah's biggest prob's, he settles wit his team playing avg instead of demanding them 2 play 2 their fullest potential." IDK man, wasnt IT the guy who benched Marbury in Dec when he was struggling? And didnt Marbury have a Renaissance after that disciplinarian action?

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
Yep...Isiah is smarter than most people think. We all have to remember this is the first time IT hasn't made it to the playoffs as a coach. You have to blame Isiah for some of the things but the blame also goes to the players since they are the ones you do have to execute the gameplan. Nevertheless we are heading in the right direction...regardless what the haters think...

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
" BTW, that's 1 of Isaiah's biggest prob's, he settles wit his team playing avg instead of demanding them 2 play 2 their fullest potential." IDK man, wasnt IT the guy who benched Marbury in Dec when he was struggling? And didnt Marbury have a Renaissance after that disciplinarian action?

i dont think isiah settles for avg and it wasnt only marbury he did dat wit, it was pretty much the whole starting line up

metrocard

Legend
Are you gonna seriously bring me that loser depressed mentality Isiah has instilled in your mind? You mention all the terrible things, and end it with "but we're stuck with that". Thats sad my dude, real sad. Is that all you the faith you in your favorite franchise? What don't you speak up and have a voice for yourself. Don't be like the Isiahsexuals who are obidient and easy to control, cause I KNOW you are not like that.

I was born in 88, so? I'm not the HS kid who's obsessing old school basketball, I talk about what I know.

We haven't won a chip in 34 years, so? We were a great competitive franchise in the 70s and 90s. Why have a loser mentality like Isiah and not even compete? You won't ever suceed if you don't try. Lose the negative mentality that Isiah, Dolan and others in the Knicks front office embrace in order to get you guys depressed enough to support them. Honestly man, the road has Isiah has had us heading was a bumpy one, and the end of the road doesn't look too bright right now, or as bright as it should be. Defending Isiah is inexusable

Why should bad GMing in the past make to excusable for Isiah to even be as bad or a worse GM for the Knicks? Thats silly.

You said
"Let's worry about building a champion instead of a contender..."

How? Explain yourself, that doesn't even make one bit of sense. You need to build a contender first in order to get a championship :teeth: :::In Steve A Smith voice: "HELLLLLOOOO???!?!!" lol.

Wouldn't you rather the Knicks be contenders than have 3-10th worst record in the NBA every year? 1andOnly would probably go with losing every year, as long as he gets to see Curry and Isiah throw kisses at each other, he's happy. But the hell with that. Throw some W's on that bitch, lol.

Everyone has the potential to be great, stop wasting text I don't need to read.

Obviously Curry needs to work at it, derr.

Curry played under one of two best defensive coaches in the NBA, and is still the worst defensively at his position. If LB and Skilies can't motivate Curry defensively, then who can? Offensively, Curry is decent. Good in the paint, terrible at everything else, but hes decent. Defensively, he's just flat out terrible.

Isiah believes in Curry more than winning. Why don't Isiah and Curry go to another league and have their little love relationship ruin another franchise. And you guys too can go watch their games, cause I don't want that bullshit as a priority over my teams sucess, fuck that shit.

He said
"then i'll change my user name to metro was right.."

Nah, you don't have to. You're a decent knowledgable poster I enjoy debating with.

lol...my dude, I can hit up any bar in Manhattan and in the Bronx, I dont get carded I got connects...dont tell me you waited until 21 to start having fun :::shakes head:

FameMos

Benchwarmer
Isiah believes in Curry more than winning. Why don't Isiah and Curry go to another league and have their little love relationship ruin another franchise. And you guys too can go watch their games, cause I don't want that bullshit as a priority over my teams sucess, fuck that shit.

Lmao. U do have a point tho, Y do we as Knicks fans (most of us) have this losing/avg. mentality? lol it's pretty sad in a way

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player
I remember a lot of so-called fans of the Knicks praising the Knicks when they traded their #7 pick and Camby for friggin McDyes, basically agreeing with Layden and those doofus cornballs at FAN and the newspapers, that New York can't go through a rebuilding period. THen McDickehead showed the world how stupid a trade it was and Isiah came in and got sucked into the same crap and thought you couldn't rebuild in NYC and people cheered until they realized that was a mistake too... So NOW that Zeke has realized the error in his ways, and the Knicks org. is starting to rebuild and showing signs of getting on the right track, all of a sudden people want to go back to times when the Knicks made bonehead moves just so that they could make the playoffs.
I don't like bringing up the way other teams got to where they are, because every situation is different, but the overwhelming fact of the matter is teams don't go from shit to championship because they made trades and signed free agents. There has to be a set nucleus already in place and maybe one key trade could put a team over the top, and only if it is a trade that addresses a NEED for that team.
For people to think that the Knicks didn't show signs of improvement this past season is ridiculous. For people to honestly say, the Knicks will not be a better team this season, even IF no extra people are added, is also ridiculous. Isiah Thomas has made some questionable moves since he has come in, but to say he has not brought the Knicks to a point where they are in the process of becoming better is ridiculous. A non injury here and there, the Knicks would have made the playoffs. But the way I see it, its ok that we didn't make the playoffs, even though I of course wanted to make it there. I say it's Okay because those injuries gave the Knicks a chance to showcase Collins and Balkman more. To show that Isiah has chips in his pocket going into the 2007-2008 season which should give any REAL Knicks fan hope. A REAL fan of basketball, not even of the Knicks, would see what is happening over at MSG. I am a KNICKS FAN. But I can also criticize when the time to criticize comes up. Scott Layden, Allan Houston contract, Jerome James signing, etc... but right now, I don't see why there is ANY complaining happening. The New York Knicks, have pieces in place to have a real good season next season and should make the playoffs. the season after, with more experience should be able to make it even further, possibly challenging for the Finals.

So that's that... I don't believe the REAL KNICK FANS have accepted a losing mentality, I believe we have seen what happens when the knicks try to get someplace too fast without thinking of the NEEDS of the team and where it gets them.

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
I remember a lot of so-called fans of the Knicks praising the Knicks when they traded their #7 pick and Camby for friggin McDyes, basically agreeing with Layden and those doofus cornballs at FAN and the newspapers, that New York can't go through a rebuilding period. THen McDickehead showed the world how stupid a trade it was and Isiah came in and got sucked into the same crap and thought you couldn't rebuild in NYC and people cheered until they realized that was a mistake too... So NOW that Zeke has realized the error in his ways, and the Knicks org. is starting to rebuild and showing signs of getting on the right track, all of a sudden people want to go back to times when the Knicks made bonehead moves just so that they could make the playoffs.
I don't like bringing up the way other teams got to where they are, because every situation is different, but the overwhelming fact of the matter is teams don't go from shit to championship because they made trades and signed free agents. There has to be a set nucleus already in place and maybe one key trade could put a team over the top, and only if it is a trade that addresses a NEED for that team.
For people to think that the Knicks didn't show signs of improvement this past season is ridiculous. For people to honestly say, the Knicks will not be a better team this season, even IF no extra people are added, is also ridiculous. Isiah Thomas has made some questionable moves since he has come in, but to say he has not brought the Knicks to a point where they are in the process of becoming better is ridiculous. A non injury here and there, the Knicks would have made the playoffs. But the way I see it, its ok that we didn't make the playoffs, even though I of course wanted to make it there. I say it's Okay because those injuries gave the Knicks a chance to showcase Collins and Balkman more. To show that Isiah has chips in his pocket going into the 2007-2008 season which should give any REAL Knicks fan hope. A REAL fan of basketball, not even of the Knicks, would see what is happening over at MSG. I am a KNICKS FAN. But I can also criticize when the time to criticize comes up. Scott Layden, Allan Houston contract, Jerome James signing, etc... but right now, I don't see why there is ANY complaining happening. The New York Knicks, have pieces in place to have a real good season next season and should make the playoffs. the season after, with more experience should be able to make it even further, possibly challenging for the Finals.

So that's that... I don't believe the REAL KNICK FANS have accepted a losing mentality, I believe we have seen what happens when the knicks try to get someplace too fast without thinking of the NEEDS of the team and where it gets them.

Exactly. The more conservative way is the better way in this case and in most cases. We have done our trades....they were made in the past. Now it's time to gain chemistry and makes strides toward a championship. If we keep making trades just to get guys from the "wish list' then chemistry will continuously be disrupted. Let the youngsters develop into what are demands are instead of filling the role with a trade or a signing...that is why we pick young talents right?

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player
Its too late, little man.

I'm sorry that you THINK you are actually saying anything of substance and you really aren't. How is it too late!?!?

Listen Because of Zeke, we have LEE, FRYE, BALKMAN, COLLINS and CURRY. IN two years we will be out of the red when it comes to CAP space. And I don't care what people believe, Zeke didn't bring Francis in, It was Larry Brown's decision. The knicks could have made the playoffs this past season if the injuries didn't occur. They made the playoffs his first year here. THey missed the second year, but brought in LB because he figured that would bring the Knicks over the hill, I don't wanna hear ANYONE say they didn't want Larry Brown here when he was first hired. The fact of the matter is LB gave up on the Knicks and the Knicks gave up on him.
As I stated b4, "A REAL fan of basketball, not even of the Knicks, would see what is happening over at MSG"... I guess you don't fit in this category... METROCARD

ShairanXIII

Rotation player
How? Explain yourself, that doesn't even make one bit of sense. You need to build a contender first in order to get a championship :teeth: :::In Steve A Smith voice: "HELLLLLOOOO???!?!!" lol.

the knicks of the 90s (the Ewing Knicks) were contenders... perennial contenders... NOT champions... the 94 - 95 rockets were champions... what i should have said was let's not build a team that will show up in the conference finals or the nba finals consistently... but never win...

metrocard

Legend
the knicks of the 90s (the Ewing Knicks) were contenders... perennial contenders... NOT champions... the 94 - 95 rockets were champions... what i should have said was let's not build a team that will show up in the conference finals or the nba finals consistently... but never win...

I love the 90's Knicks dude, I rather have a decade of that basketball than what we got now.

lilman_bklyn, a Knick fan defending Isiah is equal to a mother defending the rapist of her son.

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
I'm sorry that you THINK you are actually saying anything of substance and you really aren't. How is it too late!?!?

Listen Because of Zeke, we have LEE, FRYE, BALKMAN, COLLINS and CURRY. IN two years we will be out of the red when it comes to CAP space. And I don't care what people believe, Zeke didn't bring Francis in, It was Larry Brown's decision. The knicks could have made the playoffs this past season if the injuries didn't occur. They made the playoffs his first year here. THey missed the second year, but brought in LB because he figured that would bring the Knicks over the hill, I don't wanna hear ANYONE say they didn't want Larry Brown here when he was first hired. The fact of the matter is LB gave up on the Knicks and the Knicks gave up on him.
As I stated b4, "A REAL fan of basketball, not even of the Knicks, would see what is happening over at MSG"... I guess you don't fit in this category... METROCARD

Tell it like it is man. This is his plan. Some people didn't want to think he had a plan but he's dumping on those cats right now. You play to win the rings...not to just be a contender so if you want to see a team who just makes the playoffs and not win any rings...I heard the suns and mav's bandwagons are open...go jump on it lol.

metrocard

Legend
Tell it like it is man. This is his plan. Some people didn't want to think he had a plan but he's dumping on those cats right now. You play to win the rings...not to just be a contender so if you want to see a team who just makes the playoffs and not win any rings...I heard the suns and mav's bandwagons are open...go jump on it lol.

How about root for a team that plays near you?

I rather be a contender every year than watch my favorite team be one of the worst in the NBA. You need to become a contender first in order to get a ring, fool.

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
Oh so the kid is trying to tell me what to do huh LOL? Stop getting mad...its just a forum. And every team hits the bottom of the barrel...don't you know anything about the NBA? Why don't you worry about getting your Associates degree in paper and plastic and let me worry about what team I root for ok? LOL...fool

metrocard

Legend
Oh so the kid is trying to tell me what to do huh LOL? Stop getting mad...its just a forum. And every team hits the bottom of the barrel...don't you know anything about the NBA? Why don't you worry about getting your Associates degree in paper and plastic and let me worry about what team I root for ok? LOL...fool

My son, my team in the Knicks and I'm from the best city in the world. Frig the bottom of the barrel, I want contenders that can compete for a title right now. We're not at that position. I don't know if you enjoy losing, or you just don't care about the Knicks sucess. You being an Isiah apologist, all you care about is Curry's and Isiah's sucess. When those two bums are gone, we'll once see bright light of sucess once again in the Garden. No more Curry, Isiah and Isiahsexuals. This will most likely result in peace in the Middle East and the cure for AIDS.

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
My poor poor child...you are truly ignorant kid. Very ignorant post. No one wants to be at the bottom but it happens. You can't always get what you want...your mother should have taught you that LOL.

metrocard

Legend
1156172689980cv0_15099.gif

ShairanXIII

Rotation player
My son, my team in the Knicks and I'm from the best city in the world. Fuck the bottom of the barrel, I want contenders that can compete for a title right now. We're not at that position. I don't know if you enjoy losing, or you just don't care about the Knicks sucess. You being an Isiah apologist, all you care about is Curry's and Isiah's sucess. When those two bums are gone, we'll once see bright light of sucess once again in the Garden. No more Curry, Isiah and Isiahsexuals. This will most likely result in peace in the Middle East and the cure for AIDS.

and how exactly would your "plan" of trading curry and getting rid of isiah make the knicks compete for a title right now??? how would your plan expidite the rebuilding process??? give me a concrete argument and i will shut the hell up...

metrocard

Legend
and how exactly would your "plan" of trading curry and getting rid of isiah make the knicks compete for a title right now??? how would your plan expidite the rebuilding process??? give me a concrete argument and i will shut the fuck up...

Are you okay man? Sounded like you were typing that while having a nervous breakdown. I wasn't even addressing you.

Trin_Starr

Starter
Alright people.
The topic of the thread is Artest to NY
so keep your posts on point....
personal insults and irrelevant posts need to be taken care of elsewhere....

Otherwise squash this childish stuff.