The Knicks have made Lewis a major priority.

metrocard

Legend
http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/46293/20070530/knicks_covet_rashard_lewis/
Knicks Covet Rashard Lewis
30th May, 2007 - 4:33 am
Seattle Post Intelligencer -
According to NBA insiders, the Knicks could make the Sonics a sign-and-trade offer for forward Rashard Lewis that could include Seattle natives Nate Robinson and Jamal Crawford.

Crawford is owed $35 million over the next four seasons, and the Knicks could add Robinson's contract or that of Channing Frye to come within 75 percent of a new Lewis deal, per rules of the collective bargaining agreement.

Wilkens said Tuesday that the Sonics plan to sign Lewis, who opted out of his contract Friday and will be an unrestricted free agent July 1. To execute a sign-and-trade, the Sonics would have to sign Lewis to a new contract and then trade him.

The Sonics have the advantage in re-signing Lewis because they can offer him a six-year deal, compared with five for other clubs, and give Lewis 10.5 percent increases per season, compared with 8 percent for other clubs.

" He is a young player who was having a great year, and he wants to explore the market," Wilkens said. "Yes (there are plans to re-sign him). He is an asset for us. We still want him, and we're going to try everything we can get him signed."

The Knicks, however, have made Lewis a major priority.

Honestly

Marbury
Richardson
Lewis
Lee
Curry

Isn't bad, especially when we give up two medicore players.

Trin_Starr

Starter
I'm all down for that deal
JC and nate...
that would be awesome.

With Q coming off from his back surgery - i think that might be the last of his back issues...the only real problem that was keeping him out of games the last few seasons.

With Steph, Q and Rashard as the 1, 2 and 3 and Lee to clean up the boards at 4....i think we can cause some havoc with tht lineup...

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Ugghhh!! I don't want Lewis here. We don't need another scorer that can't play defense. I would much rather have Artest (headcase and all) than Lewis. Please Isiah, don't make this move. Bring Artest back to NY.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
He would open things up for marbury and curry cuz hes a 6'10" sfwho is a threat from downtown. As of right now, I'm not sure who would help the knicks out more, Artest or Rash Lewis but I would rather see them throw in channing frye instead of nate robinson.

Starks

Starter
I don't think he would be a good fit to be honest.... but hey, I'll do anything to get rid of Nate.

GetRealistic

Starter
Ugghhh!! I don't want Lewis here. We don't need another scorer that can't play defense. I would much rather have Artest (headcase and all) than Lewis. Please Isiah, don't make this move. Bring Artest back to NY.

I agree with you, I don't want Lewis. Sure he can score but he plays absolutely no defense. But on your artest point i disagree. Last thing we need is a player whose going to start problems.

FameMos

Benchwarmer
wit all the stuff Artest has gotten hiself into I think he'll ease up on all the nonsense. I think he'll be an All Star caliber player if he came here

metrocard

Legend
wit all the stuff Artest has gotten hiself into I think he'll ease up on all the nonsense. I think he'll be an All Star caliber player if he came here

Co-fucking-sign. Its lame when people assume that Artest is going to blow up like a bomb in New York, Isiah has much experience with Artest.

Nobody should think that Artest will blow up like a bomb in NY!!! If team's gonna work hard and play pretty well, everyone will be satisfied! He is the type of guy we need on our roster to do the dirty work! Artest fits perfectly like no one else, cause we won't get Marion or Gerald Wallace (I'd loved to get this guy instead of Artest, but it's just my sympathy to him :p). What we need from Ron is that he'll focus on defense and just help Curry, Crawford and Marbury to put some points on the scoring board! If he can give us 12-15 points, 7 reb, 3-4 assists, 2 steals, 1 block it would be excellent! Like I wrote in my first post getting Lewis is also not a bad idea if we concentrate to make a offensive team, but giving up Crawford and Nate is like giving 2 'smaller', but good shooters for one bigger ;) if U know what I have in mind! No sense at all, just benefits for Sonics and after all You gonna say-> "another bad move by Isiah"! But It's just mine little opinion....nobody has to agree!

metrocard

Legend
Nobody should think that Artest will blow up like a bomb in NY!!! If team's gonna work hard and play pretty well, everyone will be satisfied! He is the type of guy we need on our roster to do the dirty work! Artest fits perfectly like no one else, cause we won't get Marion or Gerald Wallace (I'd loved to get this guy instead of Artest, but it's just my sympathy to him :p). What we need from Ron is that he'll focus on defense and just help Curry, Crawford and Marbury to put some points on the scoring board! If he can give us 12-15 points, 7 reb, 3-4 assists, 2 steals, 1 block it would be excellent! Like I wrote in my first post getting Lewis is also not a bad idea if we concentrate to make a offensive team, but giving up Crawford and Nate is like giving 2 'smaller', but good shooters for one bigger ;) if U know what I have in mind! No sense at all, just benefits for Sonics and after all You gonna say-> "another bad move by Isiah"! But It's just mine little opinion....nobody has to agree!

But I agree.

thisplus

Rookie
Yes, but trade Frye instead.

Instead of Nate Robinson trade Frye instead. David Lee and Renaldo can fill in the the 2 spot. Jamal is good but never shoots well consistently. Nate provides great energy off the bench. Frye gets injured too often and doesn't suit the knicks too well.

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player
Maybe I missed something... Did Frye get injured this season? I thought he played 72 games this season, and the only reason he missed games his rookie season was because someone rolled up on his knee.

Let's not crap on Channing after having a mediocore second season

FameMos

Benchwarmer
The injuries Frye has had have been freak injuries. U had that kid Barret roll over his knee, he got his tooth knocked out or sumthing like that and he got poked in the eye so what are yall talking about?? lol

ShairanXIII

Rotation player
I would trade Craw and Nate for Lewis... BUT... all this Frye hate and Nate love doesn't make sense to me... Nate is an egomaniac who is more concerned with chest thumping, collar popping and taking bad shots than with playing defense, moving the ball around or winning... when Nate is on the floor... the flow of the game is disrupted and it's obvious IT does not approve of his improvisations...

Channing had one bad season last year... but he is a loyal soldier who does what the coach asks of him to improve the team... Larry wanted him to bang, block shots and rebound... he tried and had a good rookie year until Marbury Crippled him... IT wanted him to spread the floor with his mid range J... thereby giving Curry more room to operate... and he did it... yeah... his defense was shaky... and he looked intimidated on the court... but that was only AFTER his JJ20/JJ13 started logging minutes ahead of him...

remember... the knicks came back to life after the supsension when we had our nine man rotation... Frye was essential to our streak of tripple OT victories...

i think IT realizes this and refuses to give him up in the deal... remember Nate played less as the season progressed too... and we have Collins as a bigger, more controlled and better defensive pg option...

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
I agree but you shouldn't blame marbury for the downfall of Frye...with the emergence of Curry, Frye has no choice but to take back seat to Curry. This is why he's labled as a pure jump shooter since he cant post up while Curry clogs up the entire lane. This is Isiah's plan...I don't think marbury had anything to do with it. Even tho they would make a sick pick and role combo...

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru

You know, I kind of agree but I think if we use Crawford to trade for him, than we really are kind of making a lateral move as far as style goes. If the Knicks were to land Lewis, I think they should make him a 2 guard and start Balkman at the 3 spot. I've seen Lewis in the 2 spot and he causes match up nightmares! If the Knicks can pull off that deal for Lewis, they shouldn't stop there! I mean, Lewis would not put this team into the next level, they would still need to address the 4/5 spot. They need a banger! Everyone has Lee as a starter but I see him coming off the bench. I think that plays to his strength and keeps the bench strong as well. Anderson Varejao is a restricted free angency, I would offer him the mid and see if he bites. How about Mikki Moore for the Mid...

ShairanXIII

Rotation player
I agree but you shouldn't blame marbury for the downfall of Frye...with the emergence of Curry, Frye has no choice but to take back seat to Curry. This is why he's labled as a pure jump shooter since he cant post up while Curry clogs up the entire lane. This is Isiah's plan...I don't think marbury had anything to do with it. Even tho they would make a sick pick and role combo...

I meant Marbury crippled him cuz i thought it was steph that ran into him last season... someone said it was someone else though...

You know, I kind of agree but I think if we use Crawford to trade for him, than we really are kind of making a lateral move as far as style goes. If the Knicks were to land Lewis, I think they should make him a 2 guard and start Balkman at the 3 spot. I've seen Lewis in the 2 spot and he causes match up nightmares! If the Knicks can pull off that deal for Lewis, they shouldn't stop there! I mean, Lewis would not put this team into the next level, they would still need to address the 4/5 spot. They need a banger! Everyone has Lee as a starter but I see him coming off the bench. I think that plays to his strength and keeps the bench strong as well. Anderson Varejao is a restricted free angency, I would offer him the mid and see if he bites. How about Mikki Moore for the Mid...

soooooo... Mikki Moore and Verajao are starters but not DLee??? it's this kind of move IT has made far too often that has us unable to attend playoff games in the garden (on the plus side, my college graduation was on the court, cuz the knicks weren't using it)... we're set at the 4... let's not get caught up in change for the sake of change...