Results 1 to 15 of 44

Thread: Kobe wants to be traded

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Veteran Trin_Starr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Trumbull, CT
    Posts
    1,093
    Rep Power
    12

    Default Kobe wants to be traded

    His own words in an interview on 1050 ESPN Radio in New York.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    How much are you willing to give up?

  2. #2
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Kobe is one of the most talented guys in the NBA (I rank Lebron ahead of him), but I rather establish a team than a have a top 3-5 player...unless its Nash, Duncan, Howard, Lebron, Garnett or one of the elite PG's of Deron or Paul.

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    255
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    If the Knicks try 2 get him, what would they give up? I'm guessing Crawford, Frye, Malik rose and a 1st rounder.

  4. #4
    Veteran Starks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Bronx
    Posts
    1,472
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    WOW!!!!!!!!!!

    This has been the most entertaining NBA news all playoffs.

    Where's the guy that brought up the Kobe trade thread a few weeks ago???? He gets an offical knicks online pat on the back!

    Now since the Lakers are in no positon to get equal dollar for Kobe.

    I say we give em Stephon, Lee, and Nate.

    Done deal.

  5. #5
    Superstar ShairanXIII's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    501
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    Kobe is one of the most talented guys in the NBA (I rank Lebron ahead of him), but I rather establish a team than a have a top 3-5 player...unless its Nash, Duncan, Howard, Lebron, Garnett or one of the elite PG's of Deron or Paul.
    I would put Kobe #2 on the list after Duncan (2 MVPs AND 3 championships), because he is the only guy who turns it on at both ends of the floor... and who has a killer instinct... Lebron's D isn't there... DHoward isn't there yet... Nash's D is suspect... Garnett is not a closer...

    I would give up Frye, Steph (preferably Francis), Balkman and Malik for Kobe, Chris Mihm/Kwame and a draft pick

    Frye and Balkman are young guys with upside
    Francis/Steph provides veteran point guard leadership
    Malik's contract expires at the end of the year...

    The Knick Lineup would then be:

    Crawford/Steph, Kobe, Qrich, DLee, Curry
    Morris, Crawford/Franchise, Robinson, Kwame/Mihm, Collins
    Jarred Jeffries, Jerome James

    We would obviously need to draft a big small forward to go with this new team, but with Kobe, there is no way teams double or triple EC... we would present matchup problems for most teams we face... we would probably win a championship by 2009 with this squad...

    Losing Frye and Lee sucks, but adding a top 2 guys is worth it... this squad would contend with Cleveland, Detroit, Chicago for the top spot in the East... it leapfrogs us passed Washington, Jersey and Orlando...

    exciting times... although this trade works for both teams... I don't think the Lakers are gonna move him until next year's trading deadline... trying to field good offers...

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    255
    Rep Power
    0

    Thumbs down

    Kwame Brown????

  7. #7
    Veteran Trin_Starr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Trumbull, CT
    Posts
    1,093
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    one item that works in the knicks favor is:

    Excerpt from LA times*****************
    Bryant will obviously waive his no-trade clause, but he has a trade kicker in his contract that is believed to add about $13 million to his total contract value, a cost to be absorbed by any team that acquires him. The money would be paid like a signing bonus and would not count toward the salary cap.
    *********************************

    $13mil trade kicker! wow....NY is the only team that throws that money around like nothing!!

    That takes the Bulls out of the running

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    255
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    LMAO....Nice

  9. #9
    Lurker nyk_fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I say:


    Francis
    Crawford
    Lee
    Frye
    James
    Rose
    Curry
    Jeffries
    Cato
    Balkman
    Collins
    Richardson
    Robinson

    for:

    Kobe

    We have Marbury and Kobe, and with that, the championship.



    I'm just kidding, but I would give anyone for kobe!!!

  10. #10
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by ShairanXIII
    I would put Kobe #2 on the list after Duncan (2 MVPs AND 3 championships), because he is the only guy who turns it on at both ends of the floor... and who has a killer instinct... Lebron's D isn't there... DHoward isn't there yet... Nash's D is suspect... Garnett is not a closer...

    I would give up Frye, Steph (preferably Francis), Balkman and Malik for Kobe, Chris Mihm/Kwame and a draft pick

    Frye and Balkman are young guys with upside
    Francis/Steph provides veteran point guard leadership
    Malik's contract expires at the end of the year...

    The Knick Lineup would then be:

    Crawford/Steph, Kobe, Qrich, DLee, Curry
    Morris, Crawford/Franchise, Robinson, Kwame/Mihm, Collins
    Jarred Jeffries, Jerome James

    We would obviously need to draft a big small forward to go with this new team, but with Kobe, there is no way teams double or triple EC... we would present matchup problems for most teams we face... we would probably win a championship by 2009 with this squad...

    Losing Frye and Lee sucks, but adding a top 2 guys is worth it... this squad would contend with Cleveland, Detroit, Chicago for the top spot in the East... it leapfrogs us passed Washington, Jersey and Orlando...

    exciting times... although this trade works for both teams... I don't think the Lakers are gonna move him until next year's trading deadline... trying to field good offers...
    Lebron right now is proving he's more valuable than Kobe. Kobe has Lamar Odom, who would be the 2nd best player on the Cavs, and young talented team. I can't see guys like Daniel Gibson scoring a career high being on Kobe's team. Kobe one on one is dominant, completely dominant and unguardable. I rather have Lebron's value, or Nash's value or Garnett's value over Kobe's one on one dominance.

    Lebron leads the NBA at his position in holding his opponents to the lowest PPG. Lebron played shut down defense on Chauncey Billups in game 4which made the Pistons offense totally non productive. On top of that, Lebron is a triple double machine. Lebron is the most EXPLOSIVE player in the NBA, and one of the strongest perimeter scorers you can find. Not even an elite defender like Prince can stop Lebron. Lebron even has the ability to get his teammates involved. He isn't a selfish player and his potential is crazy. This isn't to you, but in general I'm sick off people turning Lebron away cause they don't want to buy the hype. Lebron is only about 22 years old and is already showing leadership ability, Lebron is way ahead of a 22 year old Kobe. Kobe's defense wasn't even that GOOD this season, even Laker fans will admit. Nash is the two time MVP, you have to put him on the top 3-5, no matter how bad his defense is. Dwight Howard isn't TOP 5 yet, I would agree, but the kid is an animal and will be a 26ppg/14 rebs/2blks per game type player if the Magic stop being fools and get a REAL PG cause Jameer is one of the worst starting PG's in the NBA, Dwight deserves better.

    My point is, I would definately pick Lebron and Dwight over Kobe because they're high character guys loaded with immense potential, who are already good young defenders along with their ability on offense. If Kobe isn't happy in LA, why would he enjoy New York? Kobe needs to sit back, and give the Lakers one more year.

    I enjoy reading trade proposals, but this one over the border line.

    I can't see the Lakers giving away their draft pick, their franchise player who's a top 3-5 NBA player, and their best defensive big man for bench players and a Stephon Marbury.

  11. #11
    Superstar ShairanXIII's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    501
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    Lebron right now is proving he's more valuable than Kobe. Kobe has Lamar Odom, who would be the 2nd best player on the Cavs, and young talented team. I can't see guys like Daniel Gibson scoring a career high being on Kobe's team. Kobe one on one is dominant, completely dominant and unguardable. I rather have Lebron's value, or Nash's value or Garnett's value over Kobe's one on one dominance.

    Lebron leads the NBA at his position in holding his opponents to the lowest PPG. Lebron played shut down defense on Chauncey Billups in game 4which made the Pistons offense totally non productive. On top of that, Lebron is a triple double machine. Lebron is the most EXPLOSIVE player in the NBA, and one of the strongest perimeter scorers you can find. Not even an elite defender like Prince can stop Lebron. Lebron even has the ability to get his teammates involved. He isn't a selfish player and his potential is crazy. This isn't to you, but in general I'm sick off people turning Lebron away cause they don't want to buy the hype. Lebron is only about 22 years old and is already showing leadership ability, Lebron is way ahead of a 22 year old Kobe. Kobe's defense wasn't even that GOOD this season, even Laker fans will admit. Nash is the two time MVP, you have to put him on the top 3-5, no matter how bad his defense is. Dwight Howard isn't TOP 5 yet, I would agree, but the kid is an animal and will be a 26ppg/14 rebs/2blks per game type player if the Magic stop being fools and get a REAL PG cause Jameer is one of the worst starting PG's in the NBA, Dwight deserves better.

    My point is, I would definately pick Lebron and Dwight over Kobe because they're high character guys loaded with immense potential, who are already good young defenders along with their ability on offense. If Kobe isn't happy in LA, why would he enjoy New York? Kobe needs to sit back, and give the Lakers one more year.

    I enjoy reading trade proposals, but this one over the border line.

    I can't see the Lakers giving away their draft pick, their franchise player who's a top 3-5 NBA player, and their best defensive big man for bench players and a Stephon Marbury.
    No doubt... you make good points... but the lakers in the East would be a 50 win team... they won 45 (i think) in the loaded west... not ****ting on Lebron... but the Cavs in the West would probably be no better than LA...and Kobe's D was so bad this season because NO ONE can handle the pressure of the entire scoring load AND the defensive pressure and make it... Lebron is a beast... he is going to be the best player in the league in 2 years max... but his man for most of the night (Rip) was running him ragged and scoring nasty fadeaways over him... Chauncy was guarded by Pavlovic, Gibson, etc for most of the game because Mike Brown realizes that Lebron is still foul prone on the perimeter... no disrespect to Bron or DHoward (the hype is real... haters accept it)... but at this stage... i would still take Kobe...

    I think he's upset that the lakers lack direction... i think now that IT knows what he's doing... we might have a clearer path than LA... and you think Kobe could pass up the possibility of bringing a title back to NY after 35 years??? I think that's his incentive...

    also... LA would probably pull the trigger on this one cuz it gets them cap space next year after Francis and Malik's contracts are up (21 mil total) that they can use to sign Garnett... if they take Steph... they get a quality 1 for a few seasons... they also get Mr. Energy Renaldo Balkman who I think is going to develop into a beast as well... AND... if you're gonna suck for a season... next season is it... it's the OJ Mayo sweepstakes in 09... I think LA would draft protect their pick too (not every GM is IT)...

    This trade gives LA flexibility and youth at the end of the season... similar to the shaq trade (Brian Grant, Odom, Butler, chips and salsa) except with more emphasis on the cap room...

    LA's Lineup would be:
    Steph/Francis, Evans, Balkman, Odom/Brown, Bynum
    Mihm, Smush, Radmanovic, Cook

    Fran

  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    255
    Rep Power
    0

    Smile

    After hearing the Kobe Bryant interview that he had with Dan Patrick I believe there's a 98.5pct chance he's gonna be traded. And I think David Stern is gonna find a way to get Kobe in Orange and Blue.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 137
    Last Post: Jul 04, 2008, 19:35
  2. Kobe Bryant entertaining a trade to the Knickerbockers?
    By NewYorkerInLA in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: May 26, 2007, 01:07
  3. kobe will be a knick next year
    By Brooklynsfinest in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: Jun 17, 2004, 16:23
  4. Update on Kobe
    By rady in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: May 22, 2004, 10:21
  5. Kobe Bryant and the Knicks
    By rady in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: Mar 27, 2004, 15:24

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •