Kobe wants to be traded

metrocard

Legend
Kobe is one of the most talented guys in the NBA (I rank Lebron ahead of him), but I rather establish a team than a have a top 3-5 player...unless its Nash, Duncan, Howard, Lebron, Garnett or one of the elite PG's of Deron or Paul.

FameMos

Benchwarmer
If the Knicks try 2 get him, what would they give up? I'm guessing Crawford, Frye, Malik rose and a 1st rounder.

Starks

Starter
WOW!!!!!!!!!!

This has been the most entertaining NBA news all playoffs.

Where's the guy that brought up the Kobe trade thread a few weeks ago???? He gets an offical knicks online pat on the back!

Now since the Lakers are in no positon to get equal dollar for Kobe.

I say we give em Stephon, Lee, and Nate.

Done deal.

ShairanXIII

Rotation player
Kobe is one of the most talented guys in the NBA (I rank Lebron ahead of him), but I rather establish a team than a have a top 3-5 player...unless its Nash, Duncan, Howard, Lebron, Garnett or one of the elite PG's of Deron or Paul.

I would put Kobe #2 on the list after Duncan (2 MVPs AND 3 championships), because he is the only guy who turns it on at both ends of the floor... and who has a killer instinct... Lebron's D isn't there... DHoward isn't there yet... Nash's D is suspect... Garnett is not a closer...

I would give up Frye, Steph (preferably Francis), Balkman and Malik for Kobe, Chris Mihm/Kwame and a draft pick

Frye and Balkman are young guys with upside
Francis/Steph provides veteran point guard leadership
Malik's contract expires at the end of the year...

The Knick Lineup would then be:

Crawford/Steph, Kobe, Qrich, DLee, Curry
Morris, Crawford/Franchise, Robinson, Kwame/Mihm, Collins
Jarred Jeffries, Jerome James

We would obviously need to draft a big small forward to go with this new team, but with Kobe, there is no way teams double or triple EC... we would present matchup problems for most teams we face... we would probably win a championship by 2009 with this squad...

Losing Frye and Lee sucks, but adding a top 2 guys is worth it... this squad would contend with Cleveland, Detroit, Chicago for the top spot in the East... it leapfrogs us passed Washington, Jersey and Orlando...

exciting times... although this trade works for both teams... I don't think the Lakers are gonna move him until next year's trading deadline... trying to field good offers...

Trin_Starr

Starter
one item that works in the knicks favor is:

Excerpt from LA times*****************
Bryant will obviously waive his no-trade clause, but he has a trade kicker in his contract that is believed to add about $13 million to his total contract value, a cost to be absorbed by any team that acquires him. The money would be paid like a signing bonus and would not count toward the salary cap.

$13mil trade kicker! wow....NY is the only team that throws that money around like nothing!!

That takes the Bulls out of the running :)

nyk_fan

Rookie
I say:

Francis
Crawford
Lee
Frye
James
Rose
Curry
Jeffries
Cato
Balkman
Collins
Richardson
Robinson

for:

Kobe

We have Marbury and Kobe, and with that, the championship.

:)

I'm just kidding, but I would give anyone for kobe!!!

metrocard

Legend
I would put Kobe #2 on the list after Duncan (2 MVPs AND 3 championships), because he is the only guy who turns it on at both ends of the floor... and who has a killer instinct... Lebron's D isn't there... DHoward isn't there yet... Nash's D is suspect... Garnett is not a closer...

I would give up Frye, Steph (preferably Francis), Balkman and Malik for Kobe, Chris Mihm/Kwame and a draft pick

Frye and Balkman are young guys with upside
Francis/Steph provides veteran point guard leadership
Malik's contract expires at the end of the year...

The Knick Lineup would then be:

Crawford/Steph, Kobe, Qrich, DLee, Curry
Morris, Crawford/Franchise, Robinson, Kwame/Mihm, Collins
Jarred Jeffries, Jerome James

We would obviously need to draft a big small forward to go with this new team, but with Kobe, there is no way teams double or triple EC... we would present matchup problems for most teams we face... we would probably win a championship by 2009 with this squad...

Losing Frye and Lee sucks, but adding a top 2 guys is worth it... this squad would contend with Cleveland, Detroit, Chicago for the top spot in the East... it leapfrogs us passed Washington, Jersey and Orlando...

exciting times... although this trade works for both teams... I don't think the Lakers are gonna move him until next year's trading deadline... trying to field good offers...

Lebron right now is proving he's more valuable than Kobe. Kobe has Lamar Odom, who would be the 2nd best player on the Cavs, and young talented team. I can't see guys like Daniel Gibson scoring a career high being on Kobe's team. Kobe one on one is dominant, completely dominant and unguardable. I rather have Lebron's value, or Nash's value or Garnett's value over Kobe's one on one dominance.

Lebron leads the NBA at his position in holding his opponents to the lowest PPG. Lebron played shut down defense on Chauncey Billups in game 4which made the Pistons offense totally non productive. On top of that, Lebron is a triple double machine. Lebron is the most EXPLOSIVE player in the NBA, and one of the strongest perimeter scorers you can find. Not even an elite defender like Prince can stop Lebron. Lebron even has the ability to get his teammates involved. He isn't a selfish player and his potential is crazy. This isn't to you, but in general I'm sick off people turning Lebron away cause they don't want to buy the hype. Lebron is only about 22 years old and is already showing leadership ability, Lebron is way ahead of a 22 year old Kobe. Kobe's defense wasn't even that GOOD this season, even Laker fans will admit. Nash is the two time MVP, you have to put him on the top 3-5, no matter how bad his defense is. Dwight Howard isn't TOP 5 yet, I would agree, but the kid is an animal and will be a 26ppg/14 rebs/2blks per game type player if the Magic stop being fools and get a REAL PG cause Jameer is one of the worst starting PG's in the NBA, Dwight deserves better.

My point is, I would definately pick Lebron and Dwight over Kobe because they're high character guys loaded with immense potential, who are already good young defenders along with their ability on offense. If Kobe isn't happy in LA, why would he enjoy New York? Kobe needs to sit back, and give the Lakers one more year.

I enjoy reading trade proposals, but this one over the border line.

I can't see the Lakers giving away their draft pick, their franchise player who's a top 3-5 NBA player, and their best defensive big man for bench players and a Stephon Marbury.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
On ESPN, one of the analysts said the knicks are the #1 contenders for Kobe. There's 5 guys i dont wanna see go and they are Mardy Collins, Balkmen, david Lee, Starbury, and Curry. Anyone If thte knicks can keep those 5 guys (Curry wont be a problem) and get Kobe, that would = a future championship or at least eastern confernce championship.

Trin_Starr

Starter
n31802684_30926770_9284.jpg

Isiah is already on it!

metrocard

Legend
On ESPN, one of the analysts said the knicks are the #1 contenders for Kobe. There's 5 guys i dont wanna see go and they are Mardy Collins, Balkmen, david Lee, Starbury, and Curry. Anyone If thte knicks can keep those 5 guys (Curry wont be a problem) and get Kobe, that would = a future championship or at least eastern confernce championship.

Holy shit...are you serious?

I wouldn't mind seeing these guys leaving

Curry
Richardson

I would be sad to see this core leave
Marbury
Balkman
Lee
Collins

I would be joyful if we threw in the following in that deal
Francis
Rose
Crawford
Frye
James
Jefferies

FameMos

Benchwarmer
After hearing the Kobe Bryant interview that he had with Dan Patrick I believe there's a 98.5pct chance he's gonna be traded. And I think David Stern is gonna find a way to get Kobe in Orange and Blue. :2cents:

Hmmmmmmm, what can I say:

NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Impossible Is Nothing, so maybe this time some miracle will happen fo NYK ;) hehe

dr.carpy

Benchwarmer
Kobe value is higher than Lebron based on the fact that Kobe is a 3 time champ. Kobe has made a career hitting the big one, look at 4 quarter footage from any of the Lakers championships. Lebron hit a big shot last night, and that puts him by Kobe? If Curry left NY, Kobe won't show up here. Kobe wants an inside pressence, something the Lakers lack consistency in. So can anyone here say Kobe would be happy coming here with David Lee as his go to guy in the post? Anyone who thinks that probably can't chew gum and walk at the same time. If you worked at a job where the people that were responsible to make the big decisions constantly made the wrong ones, would you stay on, or get at job somewhere else? If you stayed, you probably have no ambition or intelligence. Kobe has logged to this point in his career, almost 8000+ more minutes than Michael Jordan did at this point in his career. He's burnt out do to the lack of a supporting cast. (The best two players after Kobe are Lamar Odom and Kwame Brown). That's not much help considering Odom has been averages 67 games a year since going to LA for Shaq. For all those people that rip Kobe for trying to do everything, answer this question: What's the alternative? If you took Kobe off the Lakers they would have been in the Hunt for Greg Oden, cause they would have been one of the worst teams in the last 50 years. Oh for all those that put Lebron ahead of Kobe at 22, that's when Kobe won the first of three in a row. Here's the stats:

Year Team G GS MPG FG% 3P% FT% OFF DEF RPG APG SPG BPG TO PF PPG

99-00 LAL 22 22 39.0 .442 .344 .754 1.2 3.3 4.5 4.4 1.4 1.4 2.50 4 21.1

So before overstating Lebron's value cause you heard on sportscenter from Wilbon or Kornheiser, know something rather regurgitate someone else's stupid opinion. Kobe holds veto on the trade as well (he has a no trade clause) there no way he goes from one bad team to another.