Now That I Think About It?????

FameMos

Benchwarmer
2 be honest, @ the end of the day when I sit and think 2 myself who'd i'd rather build my team around, i'd much rather build my team around Channing Frye than Curry. Frye has the potential if we built a team around him 2 avg 25pts 10.5rebs and 1.5blks a game (and that is very realistic) then u look @ Curry's #'s (who was our #1 Opt. on Offense) he put up 19.5pts 7.0 pathetic rebs and 0.8blks per. Now ask yaselfs who would u rather build your team around???

Trin_Starr

Starter
To be honest, I don't think Curry was taught the fundamentals of Basketlball.
Both Larry Brown, Mark Aguirre and Herb commented on this.
When Eddy came to the NBA straight out of HS it was up to Skiles to teach him the fundamentals - but skiles had him rely on his raw athleticism.
I think with our coaching team working with him - he will learn the art of boxing out and reading the defense as well as the nuances of the game.
Those rebounding numbers will surely go up.
Isiah has also made it extremely clear that next season Curry will have a Jump shot.
With those in his arsenal - Curry can become a real beast and he is only 24

Besides - there a few guys in the league who get triple teamed on a constant basis. Curry is one of them. Once he masters the art of passing out of that, coupled with better perimeter shooters - teams betta watch out.

metrocard

Legend
I rather build my franchise around neither, Frye and Curry.

Frye's primeis most likely 17 ppg and 6-7 rebs. Curry is 22ppg 8 rebs

I would keep them if they improved defensively. Offensively, they're very one dementional. I know Frye didn't get enough chances to showcase his skills in the post, but they're not very good, and Frye for most of the season was a jumpshooter who couldn't hit his shots, so he was useless for most of the season.

Curry was a dominant scorer in the post, it didn't matter if 3 guys were guarding him, but he made more mistakes than producing productively.

Curry and Frye are the same age, Frye is cheaper.

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player
I would build the team around both of them. when I think of them I think of a tandem that could wreck havok against any defense, if plays were run for the two of them. A simple play that would work wonders is have Frye and Curry line up on the same side of the court and have a 3 point guy (say Q or Craw) in the corner. The play is ran through Frye standing at the free throw line extended... He and Curry could go lob the ball back and forth and if a double team came kick it out to frye who would nail to 15-18 foot jumper, or if the defense rotated to Frye kick it out to whoever was in the corner... after a while, they couldn't double down on Curry... but that is just one scenerio, I believe with the right offensive mind, Frye and Curry both could amount to real good players on the offensive end. Defense can be taught, I believe that if Zeke instills a defensive mindstate on the team & not just offenese, these guys will adapt

FameMos

Benchwarmer
I would build the team around both of them. when I think of them I think of a tandem that could wreck havok against any defense, if plays were run for the two of them. A simple play that would work wonders is have Frye and Curry line up on the same side of the court and have a 3 point guy (say Q or Craw) in the corner. The play is ran through Frye standing at the free throw line extended... He and Curry could go lob the ball back and forth and if a double team came kick it out to frye who would nail to 15-18 foot jumper, or if the defense rotated to Frye kick it out to whoever was in the corner... after a while, they couldn't double down on Curry... but that is just one scenerio, I believe with the right offensive mind, Frye and Curry both could amount to real good players on the offensive end. Defense can be taught, I believe that if Zeke instills a defensive mindstate on the team & not just offenese, these guys will adapt

Nice. I find it amazing how fans can think of ways teams can play and coaches who get paid millions don't lol :2cents:

donchris

Next season, keep waiting

I agree 100%. We've all had our fun with the idea of getting a savior to take us to the promise land but in reality the chances of the Knicks getting KG, Oneal or Kobe are very, very, very slim. We have enough pieces to get to the play off level. Player for player this team can be better than the Nets, 76ers, Wizards and Magic. Talent wise we are better then them. If every one is healthy and plays at a high level there is no reason why this team can't be a #6 seed. Frye is great trade bait for a KG like player but other wise I'd keep him and Jefferies. The potential is still there.

ShairanXIII

Rotation player
I agree 100%. We've all had our fun with the idea of getting a savior to take us to the promise land but in reality the chances of the Knicks getting KG, Oneal or Kobe are very, very, very slim. We have enough pieces to get to the play off level. Player for player this team can be better than the Nets, 76ers, Wizards and Magic. Talent wise we are better then them. If every one is healthy and plays at a high level there is no reason why this team can't be a #6 seed. Frye is great trade bait for a KG like player but other wise I'd keep him and Jefferies. The potential is still there.

if our guys move without the ball (IT's fault) then all Curry and Frye would have to do is hit the cutters coming through the weak side... this reduces our need for a lights out shooter... and increases the value of the pieces we have since they would (theoretically) be shooting higher percentages... once teams pack the lane... then guys would need to hit their shots in rhythm... and yeah... i think we could be #6 as presently constructed... BUT i've been saying this for years...

Toons

is the Bo$$

I agree, I think NY should sit frye down an let him study the person with the highest FG% in the league...that person is Mikki Moore All he does is hit shots frye is well capable of hitting, and i think frye can be way better than moore.

ShairanXIII

Rotation player
I agree, I think NY should sit frye down an let him study the person with the highest FG% in the league...that person is Mikki Moore All he does is hit shots frye is well capable of hitting, and i think frye can be way better than moore.

Moore also has the benefit of playing with J-Kidd, Carter and Jefferson who draw all the attention on offense... Frye needs a consistent role in the offense... high post jumpshot... pick/roll with the guards... in order to blossom...

FameMos

Benchwarmer
What Curry needs in order 2 be the best he can be is shooters. He needs @ least 2 shooters on the floor with him 4 the Knicks 2 be a good team wit him as our #1 option. Wit that said, we need 2 keep guys like Frye who can stay on the perimeter and hopfully Curry will kick it out 2 them when he gets doubled. I think the Knicks need to aquire another shooter whether it's Lewis, Allen, or draft.