Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If the Knicks Trade Crawford

Default If the Knicks Trade Crawford

If the Knicks trade Crawford and Nate Rob in a deal for Rashard Lewis who plays the SG position? Mardy Collins? Q-Rich cant be counted on.

That's the same thing I was thinking. I figured if the traded Crawford they would look 2 draft Almond out of Rice

i think they would start steph/q... then bring in collins to run point with steph sliding to 2...

dont forget that qrich is a pure sg.....that is his original position....remember him and darius miles? q was dunking on ppl, then he developed that 3 point shot and because of his height, phoenix made him a 3

but i dunno if q can play the 2 anymore... LJ played SF before his back injury too... q's days at the 2 may be a distant memory...

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by ShairanXIII
    but i dunno if q can play the 2 anymore... LJ played SF before his back injury too... q's days at the 2 may be a distant memory...
    LJ = SF/PF
    Q = SG/SF

Big difference.

Originally Posted by metrocard
    LJ = SF/PF
    Q = SG/SF

Big difference.
    same injury... same result...

LJ became less explosive and had to develop a more post oriented game and relied more on his power... 4s are slower and stronger than 3s so he could guard them in his physically depleted state...

although 2s and 3s are becoming interchangeable with the popular playing style... but MOST 2s are still really quick and agile... 3s are less so...

5 slower than
    4 slower than
    3 slower than
    2 slower than

this isn't always the case... but it's a general principal...

12th man

same injury... same result...

LJ became less explosive and had to develop a more post oriented game and relied more on his power... 4s are slower and stronger than 3s so he could guard them in his physically depleted state...

although 2s and 3s are becoming interchangeable with the popular playing style... but MOST 2s are still really quick and agile... 3s are less so...

5 slower than
    4 slower than
    3 slower than
    2 slower than

this isn't always the case... but it's a general principal...

Q-Rich 2/3
    LJ 3/4

Big difference. Lets see when Q-Rich is 100%.

Nyk Logo Dont give up on Q yet

I really think we gotta give Q a chance.. especially because this is the first time he has actually gone and gotten back surgery done. So i think he will rehab over the summer and with a backcourt of Steph Q and Lewis man the knicks will create havoc... I mean no body better be double or triple teaming curry anymore. Also thats why it is so important to have Lee or Balkman in our starting lineup; this way they move without the ball and give curry more options when he gets double teamed.

metro... notice i didn't say q couldn't play 2... i said i hope he can... back injuries are dangerous... let's not ASSume that q will be back 100% is all i'm saying...

12th man

metro... notice i didn't say q couldn't play 2... i said i hope he can... back injuries are dangerous... let's not ASSume that q will be back 100% is all i'm saying...
    I want to be positive about Q, because he's accually a gem for this team. Q is a warrior, he lost family, a wife, and played poorly in the 2005-06 season...but he came back the 06-07 season hard body, like a true warrrior, was playing like an allstar for a month, then those injuries ****ed everything up.

Q has lottery talent and the ability to average 15ppg-17 ppg 5-7 rebs with great D every night...I BELIEVE he will fight to stay healthy with his opportunity in New York.

tmac got back injuries too, that dont stop him from playing the 2...keep in mind that these nba stars get the best treatment technology has to offer...i think q can come back and play an agreessive 2....imagine the lineup

marbury
    q.rich
    Lewis
    Lee
    Curry

metro i agree with you 100%... but i'm more pessimistic about his chances is all... i love q -rich...

toons... remember t-mac's game is predicated on slashing and perimeter play... q was always more of a banger/three point threat... he was never really a slasher before the injury... and i wouldn't expect him to become one after the injury...

if he can be the kid from LAC that i remember (i didn't really care for the phoenix version) posting up little dudes and shooting over stronger ones... we wouldn't have the artest debate...

Veteran

Nyk Logo

Originally Posted by Toons
    dont forget that qrich is a pure sg.....that is his original position....remember him and darius miles? q was dunking on ppl, then he developed that 3 point shot and because of his height, phoenix made him a 3

Q,Richardson is not a SG in the NBA. The Clippers may have played him at the SG position like Larry Brown did but the end result was a losing game and a losing season.
    The same can be said about Crawford at the PG position.
    Crawford is not a PG in the NBA. The Chicago Bulls and Larry Brown may have played Crawford at the PG position but the end result was a losing game and a losing season.

To trade Crawford off of the Knicks means the Knicks must get a 30 MPG SG to replace him in the trade. It is bad enough that little has been said that the Knicks have to spend their MLE this offseason on getting an experience SG to backup Crawford (A Rookie SG would not be a wise move as a backup for SG-Crawford).
    Marbury is strictly a scoring PG!
    Francis is strictly a scoring PG!
    Nate is strictly a scoring PG!
    Collins is strictly a young "Raw" defensive distributing PG.

It is ashame that Isiah Thomas forgot all the talent and Skillz he received from SG-Vinnie & Dumars as a Player on the Detroit Pistons. The Only guards on the Knicks that show promise of what all three Guards provided on Isiah Thomas two Championship Pistons Team is Nate & Collins offense/defense tactics.
    Marbury, Francis, and Crawford skillz dont come close to 25% of what Players Isiah, Dumars, and Vinnie Johnson provided for the Winning Bad Boys Pistons...

i agree with you about qrich and jcraw... but steph's career average are like 20 and 8... that's oscar robertson company... and steph has shown last season that he can defer to other players on the offensive end...