Daniel Gibson Like Gilbert Arenas?

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
Do you guys think that Gibson might be as talented as Gilbert Arenas? and has underrated as him? Gibson stepped it up in the playoffs. Both players were 2nd round picks. Protential wise I think Gibson might be as good as Arenas. Or do you guys think it was just a lucky series for him making so many points, and above all playing well.

Last edited:

Toons

is the Bo$$
i wouldnt call it luck, i still wouldnt say he's close to agent zero talentwise....but then again, u cant measure potential easily....he didnt play this well all season, gibson still would not get a look from me in fan ball

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
I wouldn't say it was luck by any means. But he's no Agent 0. He did what he was told to do...knock down open threes and penetrate to make them pay for double and triple teaming on the perimeter. He did an excellent job but he can't take over a game like Agent 0...

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
The guy is still young, I think hes got what it takes to be a solid player. I really don't think he should have been a 2nd round pick 42 to be exact. The way he played was like a top ten player. But we all know he isn't a top ten draft player, more like late first round early 2nd.

ShairanXIII

Rotation player
ummm... gibson also had the benefit of playing with a guy who demanded a double team... agent zero never had that luxury (j rich was never CONSTANTLY doubled in GS)... gibson came up big for them... but Damon Jones did the same thing with MIA and MIL... i think gibson has better court instincts than DJ... but let's not overestimate this kid after 3 good games...

Kiyaman

Legend
Well, How about Mardy Collins 4 good games and everyone here was making a big deal over him.

Daniel Gibson has shown new young gifted talent within this Postseason games.
The Cavs signing of Larry Hughes was mainly for his Defensive Teamship with his teammates.
Daniel Gibson role of playing the point simalur to that of Super Star Gilbert Arenas has been superb alongside of Larry Hughes and Pavolic in the backcourt. Especially with Point-Foward Lebron James.
Rookie Daniel Gibson greatest challenge will be in the "FINALS" against the Dirty-Ruffnecks in the NBA League Parker, Bowen, and Ginobli (God Bless Gibson mental talents).
Lebron James Strength will overpower that of Bowen and Ginobli however, the Spurs Elson, Duncan, and Finley will lead the Spurs to another Championship.
Big Z will be the disappointment of the Cavs in the FINALS...
-----------------

The Knicks young players of Mardy Collins, Nate Robinson, Renaldo Balkman, David Lee, and Channing Frye have the skillz and NBA Player mentality to make New York
Knicks have a WINNING Roster with decent playingtime. However President/Coach Isiah Thomas invested Millions of dollars into (so-call Star) veteran players that have NO teamship with their veteran teammates (Marbury, Francis, Crawford, Q.Rich, Jefferies, Malik, James, and Curry) which plays the same position of the Knicks young players
plus get the majority of playingtime.
Maybe, if Coach Isiah Thomas had as much confidence in the young players on the court as he do on draft day he probably would get enough experience coaching in the Postseason games to get to the second round in his coaching career.

FameMos

Benchwarmer
The Knicks young players of Mardy Collins, Nate Robinson, Renaldo Balkman, David Lee, and Channing Frye have the skillz and NBA Player mentality to make New York
Knicks have a WINNING Roster with decent playingtime. However President/Coach Isiah Thomas invested Millions of dollars into (so-call Star) veteran players that have NO teamship with their veteran teammates (Marbury, Francis, Crawford, Q.Rich, Jefferies, Malik, James, and Curry) which plays the same position of the Knicks young players
Maybe, if Coach Isiah Thomas had as much confidence in the young players on the court as he do on draft day he probably would get enough experience coaching in the Postseason games to get to the second round in his coaching career.
[/SIZE]

I completely agree. Yo Zeke, most of those big contract guys aren't playing as well as your young guys. If u really care about winning then u will start the better player and not the player wit the big contract.

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
I see where you guys are coming from but he is coaching...you guys are thinking like fans. Let's make a run down....

Best PG: Marbury,
Best SG: JC (Sadly to say)
Best SF: Q-Rich
Best PF: David Lee (Better as a 6th Man)
Best C: Eddy Curry

Not one of Isiah's pick other than David Lee is on that list. Frye and Nate deserve some playing time but not over these guys. Balkman and Collins have major holes in their game so spot time would be good for them. Balkman, an energy player, can't shoot and gambles alot on D but his tenacity on defense is much needed so playing him 25-30 isn't so far fetched. But Collins is in a hole. First of all he has no outside shot. His best asset is defense which is what we need from that position but we also need a perimeter shooter alonside Marbury so he's not always slowed down by help defense when he penetrates. I like Collins and he has potential but I don't want to see those 6-20 nights. If he can get a little post game going like what H20 had then that would be great for a team that has 1 guard that can post his man up (Q-Rich). I love the young guys but you have to realize that there are better people in front of them. If we just threw all the young guys in the game yes they would get experience but we don't stand a chance of winning. Even though it couldn't get much worse lol.

ShairanXIII

Rotation player

JJ13 and Malik get very little playing time...
Jeffries and Curry are only a year or two older than Frye, Lee and Balkman...

Outside of what One and Only pointed out... I would also add that Nate's napoleon complex makes him ill-suited to run the point in the league... he has a 2 guard's mentality, but a point's size...

ummm... also... playing all our youngins would not lead to the postseason... that road leads to the lottery... see boston, atlanta, portland, etc. for examples of what happens when young teams develop together...

metrocard

Legend
Daniel Gibson has shown new young gifted talent within this Postseason games.
The Cavs signing of Larry Hughes was mainly for his Defensive Teamship with his teammates.
Daniel Gibson role of playing the point simalur to that of Super Star Gilbert Arenas has been superb alongside of Larry Hughes and Pavolic in the backcourt. Especially with Point-Foward Lebron James.
Rookie Daniel Gibson greatest challenge will be in the "FINALS" against the Dirty-Ruffnecks in the NBA League Parker, Bowen, and Ginobli (God Bless Gibson mental talents).
Lebron James Strength will overpower that of Bowen and Ginobli however, the Spurs Elson, Duncan, and Finley will lead the Spurs to another Championship.
Big Z will be the disappointment of the Cavs in the FINALS...
-----------------

I agree with everything except Marbury and Q-Rich. Marbury and Q-Rich don't deserve to be on that list.