Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 22 of 22

Thread: David Lee on WFAN

  1. #16
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    7,023
    Rep Power
    19

    Nyk Logo

    Mr. David Lee

    The Knicks 2006-7 MVP of that season, was never given the RESPECT inwhich he earned game after game by Head Coach Isiah Thomas.

    I am a Blackman and I seen color-prejudice on Isiah Thomas part in the use of David Lee for two seasons as his Coach and his G.M. (It hurts me to say this but it is true in the back of alot of our minds.).

    David Lee is the best PF the Knicks have on their roster and this was seen and known before the 2006-7 regular season started. So David Lee should've automatically been put in the Knicks starting lineup to bring more value to his early NBA career at PF, or even at the SF position. WHY?

    David Lee talents on court makes Curry and Frye talents outstanding!
    1) PF-David Lee and C-Curry gives all Knicks oposition a hard way to defend them from rebounding, and scoring in the paint.
    2) SF-David Lee and PF-Frye gives all Knicks oposition problems in the running game on both sides of the court.

    The Knicks best Staring lineup in the 2006-7 season that outplayed their oposition in the first quarter and the third quarter were:
    C-Curry
    PF-Frye
    SF-Lee
    SG-Crawford
    PG-Marbury
    6thMan-Balkman
    The above were the SIX-Players to build a "JELLIN" chemistry with and build the Knick team around.
    This was the Knicks starting Lineup right after the Denver-Brawl, they WON 4 Games out of 5 games after the Denver-Brawl this past season.
    Adding Jefferies into the Starting lineup for 30 MPG, and Francis off the bench for a three-guard offense consistently game after game to stop the main 6 player rotation that just WON 4 games out of 5 games put the Knicks back on track to raising more LOSES in the season WIN/LOST column.

    Now the BIG Trade Player of the offseason Kobe Bryant wants to come to the New York Knicks, this will cost the Knicks two scoring players (Francis & Crawford whom will do everything to please Coach Jax), plus Coach Phil Jackson favorite player of this trade will be Mr. David Lee.
    If there is No David Lee in this trade, than there will be No Kobe trade to the Knicks...

  2. #17
    Superstar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    519
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    Mr. David Lee

    The Knicks 2006-7 MVP of that season, was never given the RESPECT inwhich he earned game after game by Head Coach Isiah Thomas.

    I am a Blackman and I seen color-prejudice on Isiah Thomas part in the use of David Lee for two seasons as his Coach and his G.M. (It hurts me to say this but it is true in the back of alot of our minds.).

    David Lee is the best PF the Knicks have on their roster and this was seen and known before the 2006-7 regular season started. So David Lee should've automatically been put in the Knicks starting lineup to bring more value to his early NBA career at PF, or even at the SF position. WHY?

    David Lee talents on court makes Curry and Frye talents outstanding!
    1) PF-David Lee and C-Curry gives all Knicks oposition a hard way to defend them from rebounding, and scoring in the paint.
    2) SF-David Lee and PF-Frye gives all Knicks oposition problems in the running game on both sides of the court.

    The Knicks best Staring lineup in the 2006-7 season that outplayed their oposition in the first quarter and the third quarter were:
    C-Curry
    PF-Frye
    SF-Lee
    SG-Crawford
    PG-Marbury
    6thMan-Balkman
    The above were the SIX-Players to build a "JELLIN" chemistry with and build the Knick team around.
    This was the Knicks starting Lineup right after the Denver-Brawl, they WON 4 Games out of 5 games after the Denver-Brawl this past season.
    Adding Jefferies into the Starting lineup for 30 MPG, and Francis off the bench for a three-guard offense consistently game after game to stop the main 6 player rotation that just WON 4 games out of 5 games put the Knicks back on track to raising more LOSES in the season WIN/LOST column.

    Now the BIG Trade Player of the offseason Kobe Bryant wants to come to the New York Knicks, this will cost the Knicks two scoring players (Francis & Crawford whom will do everything to please Coach Jax), plus Coach Phil Jackson favorite player of this trade will be Mr. David Lee.
    If there is No David Lee in this trade, than there will be No Kobe trade to the Knicks...
    I agree with you on the Knicks lineup after the brawl and how affective a lineup it was. However stating that there is color predjudice is wrong in my opinion. Isiah selected Lee who wasn't projected to go in the 1st round. The fact of the matter is, at the end of the Rookie season, before Frye's injury, Frye was having a better season than Lee. So its not such a far fetch that Frye would get the nod at the beginning of the season. As this season progressed and Frye didn't have as good as a season as he did last year, and Lee continued to show improvements, Lee was given more time on the floor and Frye less.

  3. #18
    Next season, keep waiting donchris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    1,689
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    I like David Lee but some of you are getting a little carried away with this. I hate to break it to you guys but Lee had one good year. Not to take any thing away from him but his first year he was out shined by Frye. Now you guys are talking about Lee as if he makes Curry a better player. So basically Frye had a great rookie year and slips on his second year, while Lee steps up, way up. Now the consensus is to trade Frye and start Lee. That doesn't make much sense to me. There are allot of Curry bashers posting and that's cool but if you are going to bash Curry please get off of Lee's nuts. Don't talk up Lee to bring Curry down. The argument in its self is ridiculous.

  4. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    56
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    The fact of the matter is not that DLee is white, but of his rugged play. Same goes for Balkman. I grew up watching Oakley, Mason, Ewing, Starks, Harper, etc. and going from hustle/D/intangibles first to athleticism/talent second. That is the argument. As NYK fans, legends such as Debusschere, Frazier, Reed, (as well as the guys above) etc, were never amazing athletes, they just worked their asses off and played solid D and believed in the TEAM concept. The Knicks of today maybe more exciting to watch (Craw, Nate, Marbs, occasionally Francis when he decides to play), but with the exception of Marbs, Lee, Balk, and Collins (maybe Q if he can survive a full season), not one of those other guys on the team really remind me of real Knicks. It seems they just lolly gag around put on a good show and are completely happy sucking. Imagine Oak, Ewing, etc. playing on a sub .500 team! They would be knocking people around just b/c they were pissed off they were losing! No showboating BS, just going to work. I do not see any of that outside of the guys I mentioned. With the exception of Marbury, Balk, Lee, and Collins are in the league b/c they hustle, play D, and do the little things. Even if some stroke of luck happens and I see World Champ: NYK 2010 (or whatever) and ECity and Crawford are holding the trophy, I just see them as hired guns, nothing more. Not true Knicks like Oak and Mase, etc. I would never put them in the same sentence as those guys. But guys like Lee, Balk, Collins, Marbs, definitely. Personally, when I see these other guys get the intensity and having an underdog mentality with a chip on their shoulder every single game like the early 90s Knicks had and put hustle over finesse, then I will be satisfied with the groups of players we have. Seriously, ask Spike Lee. To my knowledge and awareness, I do not think Spike has worn a jersey since Starks retired!

  5. #20
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by donchris
    I like David Lee but some of you are getting a little carried away with this. I hate to break it to you guys but Lee had one good year. Not to take any thing away from him but his first year he was out shined by Frye. Now you guys are talking about Lee as if he makes Curry a better player. So basically Frye had a great rookie year and slips on his second year, while Lee steps up, way up. Now the consensus is to trade Frye and start Lee. That doesn't make much sense to me. There are allot of Curry bashers posting and that's cool but if you are going to bash Curry please get off of Lee's nuts. Don't talk up Lee to bring Curry down. The argument in its self is ridiculous.
    Frye hasn't been useful since the first half of his rookie year. He hit the wall really hard, and that is where Lee picked up as being the best PF on the Knicks.

    Since then, Lee > Frye at everything. Frye wasn't even hitting his jumpers 06. Remember when he struggled to get over 40% FG?

    It doesn't make sense to you cause you don't watch enough Knick games. To you, you think Lee is just a rebounder, but he isn't. Lee is a playmaker, Frye isn't. Lee also has potential for a jumpshot. He shoots 80% from the FT, he can easily develop a Kurt Thomas-like jumper. That will easily increase his PPG total to 15 a game, thus leaving Frye in the toliet.

  6. #21
    Superstar ShairanXIII's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    501
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    you know... Manu Ginobli... GINOBLIIIIIIIIIII!!! comes off the bench behind... wait for it... BRENT BARRY of all people... just cuz a guy doesn't start doesn't mean he is less valuable to his team... infact... the best teams in the league have benchwarmers that come in and change the tempo...

    Devin Harris in Dallas... Ginobli... Barbosa... GS bench... you need to balance the talents of your team... and Lee is effective off the bench... Frye can bounce back and be productive too... let's just be happy that we're talking about frye and lee and not maurice peterson and malik rose...

  7. #22
    Next season, keep waiting donchris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    1,689
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    Frye hasn't been useful since the first half of his rookie year. He hit the wall really hard, and that is where Lee picked up as being the best PF on the Knicks.

    Since then, Lee > Frye at everything. Frye wasn't even hitting his jumpers 06. Remember when he struggled to get over 40% FG?

    It doesn't make sense to you cause you don't watch enough Knick games. To you, you think Lee is just a rebounder, but he isn't. Lee is a playmaker, Frye isn't. Lee also has potential for a jumpshot. He shoots 80% from the FT, he can easily develop a Kurt Thomas-like jumper. That will easily increase his PPG total to 15 a game, thus leaving Frye in the toliet.
    Listen, Lee and Frye had two years in the league. Lee had one good year and Frye had one bad one. That's it. Frye had a break out rookie year. Lee is good, I'm not taking anything away from him but he is not Jesus like half the posters on this site would lead you to believe. Half of these bozos wouldn't trade Lee for Kobe. Lee is good but he is expendable like every one else.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: Jan 12, 2006, 01:24
  2. David Lee, our permanent SF starter
    By rady in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: Jan 03, 2006, 10:38
  3. david letterman's monologue
    By Skyhi300 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: Jul 03, 2005, 06:32
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: Dec 27, 2004, 15:31
  5. WFAN: FIRING Of Layden ?!
    By rady in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: Dec 23, 2003, 00:48

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •