Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What direction would you like to see this franchise head to?

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Default What direction would you like to see this franchise head to?

This is just opinion. Save the negative noninformational bull**** for an Isiah thread.

Keep

Marbury
    Richardson
    Lee
    Robinson
    Balkman
    Collins
    Morris

Trade or kill
    Francis
    Crawford
    Curry
    Frye
    James
    Rose
    Cato
    Jefferies

Get a new coach that invests on defense and ball movement
    an assistant coach whos good at developing young players
    a better SCOUT
    new GM(must)
    new owner(nothing of Dolan's personality).

Get new uniforms (How long have we been sucking in these? Plus, anything with orange, white blue, and black with new york can look hot., lets see some Knicks jerseys with some graffiti tap ups and a rep to the Bronx, Brooklyn, Queens, Staten Island, and Manhattan...make it happend!)
    new slogan and motto
    Get rid of Mike Breen...keep Gus Johnson and Clyde Frazier forever.

Originally Posted by metrocard
    This is just opinion. Save the negative noninformational bull**** for an Isiah thread.

Keep

Marbury
    Richardson
    Lee
    Robinson
    Balkman
    Collins
    Morris

Trade or kill
    Francis
    Crawford
    Curry
    Frye
    James
    Rose
    Cato
    Jefferies

Get a new coach that invests on defense and ball movement
    an assistant coach whos good at developing young players
    a better SCOUT
    new GM(must)
    new owner(nothing of Dolan's personality).

Get new uniforms (How long have we been sucking in these? Plus, anything with orange, white blue, and black with new york can look hot., lets see some Knicks jerseys with some graffiti tap ups and a rep to the Bronx, Brooklyn, Queens, Staten Island, and Manhattan...make it happend!)
    new slogan and motto
    Get rid of Mike Breen...keep Gus Johnson and Clyde Frazier forever.
    i'm not gonna go over my thoughts about the players again...

Dolan is never going anywhere cuz it's his father's team... seriously... how do you "get rid of" an owner?

the uniform idea i dig seriously though... i've always thought our unis were too vanilla...

i think changing the coaching staff this year would be a mistake... we need consistency... after the season though... if IT wanted to move back to the front office... that might work... ps... IT isn't GM... he's president of basketball operations > gm...

how has IT failed as a scout? lee, robinson, balkman, collins, morris are all guys that our scout IT brought drafted (he considers morris a draft pick)...

two questions for you though... why would you keep nate robinson over curry or frye... and what the **** is up with that stupid poem on your sig?

12th man

Originally Posted by ShairanXIII
    how do you "get rid of" an owner?

Isiah drafted Frye over Bynum, Granger, Green, etc.

I still believe we drafted Nate too high.

The Lee pick was the greatest Knick draft pick since Ewing.

Collins was a good pick, Balkman was a good too.

Robinson's contract is cheap and he doesn't play that big of a role on the team. Curry isn't ready yet to be a leader of a NBA roster. He's better as a 2nd option.

LOL, you never seen the TV show my brother and me? woooooooow.

LMAO, GOO PUNCH....i use to kill the old school nick shows....nick...knick...lol...my bro n me, clarissa explains it all, rocko's modern life, are u affraid of the dark, ren n stimpy...all classics lol

id keep curry n frye tho...new threads is a good idea too

question, i know it might not be possible, but would u guys trade marbury for barbosa? jsut a thought

I would like to see them go in a positive direction.

arenas juss opted out of his contract today...wonder where he goin.....maybe la

Superstar

Isiah drafted Frye over Bynum, Granger, Green, etc.
    Granger is the only one who is even equal to what Frye has done since he came into the league. And that's with Frye having a lackluster season. It seems you are incorrect with your assessment again

12th man

Originally Posted by lilman_bklyn
    Granger is the only one who is even equal to what Frye has done since he came into the league. And that's with Frye having a lackluster season. It seems you are incorrect with your assessment again
    You would pick Frye over Bynum, Granger and Green? All I can say is wow. If your that close personally with Frye, then I understand. But Frye doesn't compare to those guys in value.

Sean May is better than Channing Frye at this point. Younger, can shoot too, has a post game and superior rebounder. Frye is a nice young player, but lets stop glorifying him.

I understand Frye's opportunity was taken away from him this season by Isiah when Thomas isolated Frye in the offense. But if Frye can't contribute defense and rebounding to this roster, whats the point of him being here? Once Lee develops a consistant jumper, Frye can say bye bye.

You would pick Frye over Bynum, Granger and Green? All I can say is wow. If your that close personally with Frye, then I understand. But Frye doesn't compare to those guys in value.

Sean May is better than Channing Frye at this point. Younger, can shoot too, has a post game and superior rebounder. Frye is a nice young player, but lets stop glorifying him.

I understand Frye's opportunity was taken away from him this season by Isiah when Thomas isolated Frye in the offense. But if Frye can't contribute defense and rebounding to this roster, whats the point of him being here? Once Lee develops a consistant jumper, Frye can say bye bye.
    Hahaha i like the Frye can say bye bye part. Theres really no debate here. Isiah did make a mistake with that draft pick. I like nate at 23 and I love Lee at 30 but Frye at 8 was a mistake with Granger and especially Gerald Green and Bynum still left. Isiahs not he only one who made that mistake, a lot of teams passed on these guys. If I was the GM, I would've gone for Gerald Green even though that was before the curry trade cuz if they drafted Bynum then they wouldnt had needed Curry.

bynum and curry are on 2 different levels.....who in their right mind would choose bynum over curry?????????

I think everyone here will agree that the Knicks need to be focusing on defense. That means getting our current roster to play better defense and acquiring players that hustle and play great defense.

Look at the finals right now. Two great defensive teams. If we want to reach the championship level we have to learn how to play defense. I don't care what anyone says, Phoenix will never win a championship if they have to run into a good defensive, grind it out team in a 7 game series. Offense can get you a good record but defense wins championships.

Bring in Artest and Rasheed and we'll see how good the rest of the players can be.

Originally Posted by Toons
    bynum and curry are on 2 different levels.....who in their right mind would choose bynum over curry?????????
    Right now Curry is clearly the better player. However, I think Bynum has already shown more potential on the defensive end. He will be a better defender then Curry, and a better rebounder. To this point the only thing Curry can do is score down low. Even if he comes back next year with a jumpshot, the only thing he'll still be good at is scoring. I think hes an average rebounder and a poor defender. I'd love to see him come out next season and start blockin more shots and playing better defense but I dont think it will happen. I think at most he can work hard and become just an average defender. It's not all his fault cuz teams are going small and he doesnt have that much of a chance against smaller quicker guys. Back to Bynum, in about 22 minutes a game he blocked 1.6 shots and averaged 5.9 rebounds. This year was only his second season. You know, I agree with you. Bynum and Curry are on 2 different levels. Who would chose Curry over Bynum? How far can a team go with a center who doesnt play defense? I like Curry, But i dont know if the knicks will be a chamiopnship team as long as hes the starting center. It's too bad, cuz i think hes very talented on the offensive end.

Next season, keep waiting donchris's Avatar

Nyk Logo

Metro why are you always starting these bull**** threads? Curry is the centerpiece of this team. You don't like it? Too bad so sad. Seriously who would you like to see as the new Center for the NYK? Give me a realistic Curry trade that wouldn't kill this team.

I thought I was harder on Curry then Metro. Metro did start it when he listed the players that should be traded or killed. I know the Knicks are stuck with Curry and as fans we have to accept it and learn to like him. I gave him his credit, hes a force on offense even though he cant pass out of double teams. Try convincing everyone that Curry does play good D cuz it cant be done. Statistics dont lie and the players half his size who go right by him for uncontested layups dont lie either. The point I was tryin to make and i think that Metrocard would agree is that without a shotblocker a team can only go so far and the Knicks dont have a guy who intimidates opposing players when they come in for layups.

And yo Metro....The graffiti uniforms would be nice. NEw York is the place where rap started. I'd love to see more hip hop looking uniforms. They gotta get on their New York **** like busta did.

Superstar

If I typed it, then of course I would. You are going off of what exactly? Green winning a slam dunk contest? Bynum showing spurts of potential, and IF you read, I said Granger is the only one you had right. A bird in the hand beats two in the bush, the FACTS of the matter is this, Frye has had a better 2 season career than the people you mentioned and thats with having an off season this past season, and fighting for and eventually getting playing time his rookie season. I don't get why people have such short memories, last season Frye was the talk of the town, one bad season all of a sudden this guy isn't worth ****?? C'mon be serious. I am not a fan that's going to pit one team mate against the other, so if/when Lee develops a J, Great for the team. Same as if/when Frye starts grabbing the bounds and blocking shot that will be great for the Knicks as well. I for one know potential and don't give up on it after one lackluster season