Could Isiah Bolt For Detroit???

vinod1227

Rookie
It shouldn't a be a slap in the face of any self respecting Knick fan, as I would like to call myself. I would say let him leave. Thomas will never win a ring as a coach; in fact, on a broader scale; coaches that were former super star NBA players have never won a ring: i.e. Larry Bird (Pacers did some damage under his tenure, but NO RING), Michael Jordan (No ring), Magic Johnson (No ring) and I. Thomas.

Thomas needs to stick to what he knows best, his eye for talent or other words, he should be a polished talent scout for the Knicks or wherever he goes for that matter. These former players lack the ability to eloquate their thoughts, let alone teach what it takes to be a winner. You can't teach the drive and motivation all these players possessed. It's inherent.

Sorry, I'm going to drown with this ship and hopefully have it re-emerge, but as far as I can see the Knicks are not headed in a positive standing next season. I've been saying it all along, I wish we had ownership that has the same love of the game as Cuban...Dolan needs to commit to something else, like trimming his chin hairs....

Kiyaman

Legend
He could go! this guy can not make one decent trade that benefits the Knicks, or get any of his traded players to play on the same page.
Yes! Isiah have great eyes for young talent, but what does that do for the team when he is forever trading the first round draft pick as if this team is a second round Post Season team.

Think about it! if Isiah had such a losing Knick club when he arrived in New York, then ....

With Isiah great talent for young drafted players, plus with all the ending contract players inwhich G.M. Dolan left him on this Knick Team, then the past two seasons the Knicks should have been the LEADER of the Atlantic Division twice in a row if Isiah knew how to build a team using all the two resources plus the money Dolan laid out to him...

metrocard

Legend
Isiah leaving New York would be a blessing.

The Isiahsexuals will line up tommorow, and post in Isiahsexual rank order on reasons why Isiah's greatness should stay at the Garden.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
I've never been a Pistons fan or an Isiah Thomas fan but the idea of a team firing coaches every year or two years is stupid plane and simple. Unrealistic player trades is one thing now you guys want to talk about coach trades. Be for real! If you can for one moment put aside your personal feelings, be it in support of or opposition of Thomas, does it actually make sense for a team (Key word: TEAM) that is in total support of a coach, weather you like him or not, to move him in two years time? I think most rational fans would say NO. We can get in the back and fourth of a passing or failing grade but one thing is constant. Most rational fans agree that Thomas is not a good GM, but the same ones that say he sucks as a GM will tell you in the same breath that he is a good coach. Not to mention no matter who you bring in after Thomas there will be a major transition period and guess what, we the fan will have to wait even longer to watch a winning team.

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
Exactly and most people have their heads shoved so far up a body cavity that they can't see the real truth. They are so ignorant that they feel that their way is the best way. It's truly sad. Good post.