West Sweep East in Finals

Kiyaman

Legend
The Spurs sweeping-up the Cavs in the FINALS says more than a team beating another team. It says the Eastern Conference Teams this season were just plain ole weak when comparing them to any of the Western Conference Teams.

If the above is somewhat true than the Knicks 33 WIN season with so-call Star(money)Player$ Marbury, Francis, and Curry on their roster had to be the Pit-Fall of reason why the conference is so WEAK. Why Blame the Knicks for the Conference? easy!

Each offseason and before the trading deadline NBA teams build their roster to be able to compete against the Top-5 Teams in the league. Was Kobe Bryant Lakers one of the top teams in the league? NO! so how did Lebron James Cavs make it to the FINALS? when Lebron Cavs Roster is so simular to that of Kobe Lakers roster.
Better Example: All the Western Conference Teams that LOST in the first round had a better chance of beating the Cavs in a seven game series.

No Eastern Conference Team found the Highest Paid Roster Team the Knicks a threat at any time this season (No Respect!)...<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
I watch 2 out of the four games. Doesn't mean I'm not a fan just means that I found the games boring. The two that I saw were competitive for 2 quarters. Labron needs some help. The one star and eleven role players don't work. Just as A.I. The east is weak but that's not news. Just look at the stats. In the west The Mavs were a 700 team but they lost early. To me the best team in the east is Detroit and they are some timey. Where do the Knicks fit into all of that? They don't. NYK aren't even on the radar right now.

No Eastern Conference Team found the Highest Paid Roster Team the Knicks a threat at any time this season.

The same can be said for allot of teams. Boston, Philly, Indianan. I like our team much better then theirs. Every one wants to be here and the vast majority of our players have a good work ethic. The same can not be said for the teams I mentioned. With every one health I really believe this roster will come out strong next season.

ShairanXIII

Rotation player
I watch 2 out of the four games. Doesn't mean I'm not a fan just means that I found the games boring. The two that I saw were competitive for 2 quarters. Labron needs some help. The one star and eleven role players don't work. Just as A.I. The east is weak but that's not news. Just look at the stats. In the west The Mavs were a 700 team but they lost early. To me the best team in the east is Detroit and they are some timey. Where do the Knicks fit into all of that? They don't. NYK aren't even on the radar right now.

The same can be said for allot of teams. Boston, Philly, Indianan. I like our team much better then theirs. Every one wants to be here and the vast majority of our players have a good work ethic. The same can not be said for the teams I mentioned. With every one health I really believe this roster will come out strong next season.

yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Kiyaman

Legend
yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Maybe that is the reason why Kobe Bryant wants out of the WEST by chosing the Knicks as his first team. The Knicks have become the best team to trade players to in the NBA because of Isiah Thomas Bumbling Trading inexperience. The Knicks have Young TALENTED Players that could use a Head Coach that dont have G.M. on their mind all the time (Larry Brown & Isiah Thomas) that is worth trading for.

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player
Huh?!?!

The Spurs sweeping-up the Cavs in the FINALS says more than a team beating another team. It says the Eastern Conference Teams this season were just plain ole weak when comparing them to any of the Western Conference Teams.

If the above is somewhat true than the Knicks 33 WIN season with so-call Star(money)Player$ Marbury, Francis, and Curry on their roster had to be the Pit-Fall of reason why the conference is so WEAK. Why Blame the Knicks for the Conference? easy!

Each offseason and before the trading deadline NBA teams build their roster to be able to compete against the Top-5 Teams in the league. Was Kobe Bryant Lakers one of the top teams in the league? NO! so how did Lebron James Cavs make it to the FINALS? when Lebron Cavs Roster is so simular to that of Kobe Lakers roster.
Better Example: All the Western Conference Teams that LOST in the first round had a better chance of beating the Cavs in a seven game series.

No Eastern Conference Team found the Highest Paid Roster Team the Knicks a threat at any time this season (No Respect!)...<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

This post makes no sense to me. Maybe I'm slow, but I doubt it. It's because of the Knicks and Isiah Thomas trades that the Eastern Conference was swept, Isiah didn't make any trades this season... But he did make trades and signings last season though, and the Miami Heat won the Finals. So where does your reasoning come in there?
Purely ridiculous post

knicklover

Benchwarmer
Isiah is a good coach in terms of motivating players and gaining their respect. I don't believe he's especially good strategically though. He has been a semi-disaster as GM, but in that role at least some of the mistakes can be blamed on Larry Brown. LB is the most overated coach, judge of talent, motivator, and anything you can think of in the world. He stinks. I don't care what his record was with great teams that any idiot could have won with.

The one thing Isiah is good at is judging young players. So let's hope we find a diamond in the rough in a few weeks.

What we don't need is to panic and give away good young prospects for a solid older player that can't take us all the way anway.

Last edited:

Kiyaman

Legend
This post makes no sense to me. Maybe I'm slow, but I doubt it. It's because of the Knicks and Isiah Thomas trades that the Eastern Conference was swept, Isiah didn't make any trades this season... But he did make trades and signings last season though, and the Miami Heat won the Finals. So where does your reasoning come in there?
Purely ridiculous post

I'm ashame that you could not see the point here.

Miami traded for Shaq to go alongside of their STAR Rookie Wade to give the Eastern Conference some much needed competition.

Chicago Bulls signed one of the 4 ALL-Star Players that were on the Detroit Pistons to give strength to their team and to add much needed competition in the Eastern Conference.

Teams like the Knicks, Philly, Indiana, and the Boston Celtics did nothing but make their own teams weak in the Eastern Conference the last two seasons, rather than make their teams stronger and better than what it was the previous season. You can even add the DUM trade of the Bucks & Raptors to this list because PG-T.J Ford put the Bucks back on the WINNING map and they traded PG-Ford to the Raptors so the Bucks could go back to a LOTTERY Team, and the Raptors could've just resigned their PG rather then let him go West and just added to their Frontcourt-Power with the first round pick Barganni, and use their MLE for some efficient help in the Backcourt.
All of the teams above gave some sufficient Players to the Western Conference Teams to make the WEST even stronger and the Eastern Conference teams weaker than what it was (Maybe for a shot at Oden?).
You would think the New York Knicks would've took advantage of all this manuevering in the Eastern Conference last offseason having the highest Pay Roll, and drafting two prominent Defensive Players that would have fit in great with Role-Players SG-Jalen Rose & PF-Maurice Taylor off the bench for 10 to 18 MPG this season rather than BUY-OUT these players so they could go Practice in the West Coast Gyms when the Knicks young Players could've used these veterans lockerroom and workout practice as a challenge to improve their young Raw skillz. If the Knicks was not going to use their MLE last season on resigning Jackie Butler whom workout ethics made the rest of their young Players talents more creative than the Knicks never should have used last offseason MLE at all.
The signing of Jared Jefferies made the Knicks have to buy-out Jalen & Taylor, plus took alot of playingtime away from Q.Richardson, Lee, Balkman, and Frye. Making the Knicks team the easiest competition to beat in the Eastern Conference when it was supposed to be the other way around after one season with Coach Larry Brown...

donchris

So the Spurs can thank the Knicks for winning the championship? That's crazy. Everything can not be pointed to trades made. There are trades made all the time that never pan out. Your reaching with this one.There is no connection at all. That's like saying that every bad team makes the good teams better because of poor trades. Even when a trade is made you don't know how that player will perform.

metrocard

Legend
^ Everything is crazy to you.

Kiyaman, 76ers accually look like a team without AI, and got a solid lottery pick with nice young pieces. They just need a PG and an established SF other than Krover.

The Finals was bleh. Spurs are just too good. They're not even a boring team, they're dominant, and execute their plays perfectly. This proves having the most talent won't take you far. Isiah should take some notes on the Spurs organization.

As for Clevand, they're the future of the east, along with Chicago, and Isiah's dumbass moves.

They need to drop Hughes, Snow, and Big Z. Varejao, Gooden, Palv, Gibson are good pieces. Its amazing how Lebron carried such a medicore squad that plays good defense.

Kiyaman

Legend
So the Spurs can thank the Knicks for winning the championship? That's crazy. Everything can not be pointed to trades made. There are trades made all the time that never pan out. Your reaching with this one.There is no connection at all. That's like saying that every bad team makes the good teams better because of poor trades. Even when a trade is made you don't know how that player will perform.

You can practically say the Knicks helped the Spurs WIN another Championship.
Ewing Bailing out of the Postseason games with injury was one.
Isiah Trade of Nazr to the Spurs was Two.
And Isiah DUM Philosophy and decision Making for the 2006-7 Season as the G.M. and Coach was Three.

It was not an accident of any kind that in the 2005-6 season that young player Jackie Butler was the best playing Center on the Knicks by knowing his position on the court that complimented "ALL" his teammates best game.
Jackie Butler may not have made the Spurs Rotation roster this season, but eliminating his RAW all-around Big-Man presence on an Eastern Conference team for just 20 MPG doing all the things inwhich Eddy Curry Lack.

There was NO-TRADES made on the 2006-7 Trading Deadline!
If the Knicks would've been a competitive 500% team there would've been alot of trades made on the trading deadline.

When the New Knicks with a new Head Coach was supposed to wake-up the NBA league with STAR-Players Marbury, Francis, and Crawford in the Backcourt, with a Dominating Scoring BIG-Man Eddy Curry, with Backup Young Bigmen Butler & Frye to take over while STAR Eddy Curry rest on the bench. Lets not forget Isiah eye for young Talent PF/SF-Lee & Balkman comming in dominating the Boards to give this Knick Team the LOB-Passes to Marbury, Francis, and Crawford to start the fastbreak play inwhich the Knick Team been lacking for years (The peremeter shooting from the 3-point from Q.Rich, Frye, and Nate was supposed to be the Knicks weapons to put Teams away.)...

donchris

You make it sound like the Knicks traded Tim Duncan and Tony Parker to the Spurs for peanuts. Jacky Butler hasn't done a damn thing. Nether has Muhammad. I liked Muhammad and did not like it when he was traded but he is a role player that should come off the bench. There is no connection between the Knicks mistakes and the Spurs success.

Kiyaman

Legend
You make it sound like the Knicks traded Tim Duncan and Tony Parker to the Spurs for peanuts. Jacky Butler hasn't done a damn thing. Nether has Muhammad. I liked Muhammad and did not like it when he was traded but he is a role player that should come off the bench. There is no connection between the Knicks mistakes and the Spurs success.

1) Ewing Bailing out of the Postseason games with injury was one.
If Ewing would have participated in the FINALS it would've been an easier WIN for the Knicks than the Miami Heat and Larry Brown Pacers.

2) Isiah Trade of Nazr to the Spurs was Two.
There was no way that the Spurs were going to Beat the Detroit Pistons without Nazr in their lineup.

3) Isiah DUM Philosophy and decision Making for the 2006-7 Season as the G.M. and Coach was Three.
The Knicks would've been a better competitive team if Isiah would have started the season with Marbury & Crawford in the backcourt.
Frye should've been designed for Pick & Pop all game long with both Marbury and then Crawford. Plus Frye should've been Curry Backup if your not going to give Jerome James any playingtime.
All three SF-(Q.Rich, Balkman, and Lee) was playing great early in the season even when all three were on the court at the same time they had some chemistry playing together. These Seven Players Curry, Frye, Lee, Balkman, Q.Rich, Crawford, and Marbury should have been the MAIN seven players that you want to learn chemistry together so you make up the majority of plays in the playbook where they help each other out. You have Francis or Nate to comform to this method.
Which would've made the Knicks a competitive team in the Eastern Conference because they would have a SYSTEM of Players that are working well together. Teams in the Eastern Conference would have been trying to get players from the Westen Conference to build their team up at the trading Deadline, rather than build their team down like Philly sending AI to the West.

donchris

Your post makes no sense. Ewing was injured. INJURED. Are you implying that he faked his injury? I don't think you are but that would be the only way we would 'help' the Spurs win. Muhammad did next to nothing for the Spurs. It's the Duncan show over there. (I already said trading Muhammad was a bad idea but it did little to help the Spurs win.) Do you realize that you are blaming one of the worse teams in the conference for one of the best teams in the league winning. There is no way to use twisted logic to make that sound logical.

metrocard

Legend
If David Lee wasn't apart of the Spurs-Knicks deal, I would be calling for Isiah head. At the time Rose for Mohammed was silly, especially when he was playing well for us. But that pick turn into David Lee, so I have nothing to complain about.

ShairanXIII

Rotation player
1) Ewing Bailing out of the Postseason games with injury was one.
If Ewing would have participated in the FINALS it would've been an easier WIN for the Knicks than the Miami Heat and Larry Brown Pacers.

2) Isiah Trade of Nazr to the Spurs was Two.
There was no way that the Spurs were going to Beat the Detroit Pistons without Nazr in their lineup.

3) Isiah DUM Philosophy and decision Making for the 2006-7 Season as the G.M. and Coach was Three.
The Knicks would've been a better competitive team if Isiah would have started the season with Marbury & Crawford in the backcourt.
Frye should've been designed for Pick & Pop all game long with both Marbury and then Crawford. Plus Frye should've been Curry Backup if your not going to give Jerome James any playingtime.
All three SF-(Q.Rich, Balkman, and Lee) was playing great early in the season even when all three were on the court at the same time they had some chemistry playing together. These Seven Players Curry, Frye, Lee, Balkman, Q.Rich, Crawford, and Marbury should have been the MAIN seven players that you want to learn chemistry together so you make up the majority of plays in the playbook where they help each other out. You have Francis or Nate to comform to this method.
Which would've made the Knicks a competitive team in the Eastern Conference because they would have a SYSTEM of Players that are working well together. Teams in the Eastern Conference would have been trying to get players from the Westen Conference to build their team up at the trading Deadline, rather than build their team down like Philly sending AI to the West.

1. Ewing was in his 14 NBA season... past his prime and injured... the human body does not respond as well to injury after you hit 30... Ewing was about 38 at the time (feel free to correct me if i'm wrong though)

2. Like Metro said... the muhammed trade brought us DLee... everyone's favorite knick... and Rose is an NBA champion and positive locker room influence... ask the spurs if they would make that same trade again...

3. As for Philly and Toronto... Toronto got a steal in Ford and only gave up a 6'10 small forward who doesn't rebound or play defense well... they WON their division with their DUMB trades... what exactly did homie do in Minnesota? that' right... they missed the playoffs... again...

Andre Miller is actually a better fit for Philly than AI... plain and simple... he's a pure point guard and Iggy became more of a leader after AI departed...

-------------------------------------------

Jackie Butler got major minutes cuz he was represented by a friend of Brown's... i liked him don't get me wrong... but our rebounding and hustle is fine without him...

-------------------------------------------
Your Kobe argument is illogical... Kobe wants out of LA to win... so why would he come to the worst run franchise if his desire is more bling? c'mon dude fix your logic up...

If we're blaming Isiah for everything... blame him for the war in iraq too... and the price of oil... and poverty...