Knicks One Of Three Teams On Kobe's List

Starks

Starter
Anyone hear about this video of Kobe ripping the Lakers and Bynum?

I think to say he's disgruntled would be an under statement. This is a hell of a lot worse than the Allen Iverson situation in fact. Buss doesn't seem to want to give up on his game plan to cultivate young players- and Kobe wants to WIN NOW.

You can do this Zeke.

Ideally Buss would need Lee and Frye involved with any deal before he even picks up the phone, but because of salaries- Stephon's contract would be the best one to swap.

Stephon still has some popularity that might be a small band aid on the franchise's fan base. This talk of Francis being the center piece is not pragmatic. At best, he should be waived and be a bench player for Utah or Suns.

Stephon, Lee, Frye for Kobe is the best deal out there.

Collins and Kobe would be a hell of a back court- especially since Collins wouldn't have to worry about his offensive game so soon.

Let's do it. Chicago beats us at everything, lets stick it to them and steal Kobe from them. Our package is more apealing to Buss.

Lakers would like nice with

Bynum, Lee, and Frye in their front court

LJ4ptplay

Starter
No, No, No!!! Come on Isiah. Don't trade away everything for Kobe!! Come on guys, is it really worth it to bring Kobe to the Knicks? I would much rather keep the team we have now and be at the bottom of the worst division in NBA history, then win a championship with Kobe on our team. Doesn't anybody have any integrity any more??? Is winning really worth prostituting yourselves like this?? Have some pride people!!

Dammit, if we trade Lee and any other players that I like on the Knicks to get Kobe, I will have to be a Laker fan. And I HATE the Lakers!!!

sxmarbury516

Benchwarmer
This is a hell of a lot worse than the Allen Iverson situation in fact.

Ideally Buss would need Lee and Frye involved with any deal before he even picks up the phone, but because of salaries- Stephon's contract would be the best one to swap.

Stephon still has some popularity that might be a small band aid on the franchise's fan base. This talk of Francis being the center piece is not pragmatic. At best, he should be waived and be a bench player for Utah or Suns.

Stephon, Lee, Frye for Kobe is the best deal out there.

Collins and Kobe would be a hell of a back court- especially since Collins wouldn't have to worry about his offensive game so soon.

Let's do it. Chicago beats us at everything, lets stick it to them and steal Kobe from them. Our package is more apealing to Buss.

Lakers would like nice with

Bynum, Lee, and Frye in their front court

if this is a hell of a lot worse then the iverson situation then y the hell would we give up marbury, frye, and lee for kobe. did u forget what denver gave up for AI? andre miller, joe smith, and 2 1st round pix. in these situations the team losing the superstar rarely gets hooked up. the ball isnt in the lakers court. its up to the kobe and phil. on the real i cant see chicago offering a better deal then francis, lee, frye, and a few draft picks.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I dont know if the lakers would want both frye and lee. They already got Bynum so why would they want 2 powerforwards? I would take Frye out of the deal and ask for mardy collins if i was the lakers. They might want crawford too. I'm wondering what chicago will offer. Im not sure if i want Kobe to come to the knicks. I got mixed emotions about this cuz I'm afraid Isiah is going to give up too much and another reason why is that I would really miss David Lee.

SXmarbury516, you a true hip hop fan for listenin to tragedy khadafi. The MAtrix is a classic like every other tragedy album. Queens rappers lyrically are the best, they got Nas, cormega, mobb Deep, tragedy, big Noyd, CNN, MC shan, twin gambino, and the list goes on. Aint no other borough or city F**kn with Queens.

eastlinykfan

Benchwarmer
No, No, No!!! Come on Isiah. Don't trade away everything for Kobe!! Come on guys, is it really worth it to bring Kobe to the Knicks? I would much rather keep the team we have now and be at the bottom of the worst division in NBA history, then win a championship with Kobe on our team. Doesn't anybody have any integrity any more??? Is winning really worth prostituting yourselves like this?? Have some pride people!!

Dammit, if we trade Lee and any other players that I like on the Knicks to get Kobe, I will have to be a Laker fan. And I HATE the Lakers!!!

I got to agree with you bro. Kobe is a Laker, case closed. Honestly, if MJ won a title in Washington during his 2nd comeback, would DC fans consider him a Wizard? Hell no. Winning a title would be nothing more than a footnote in NYK history. Now, I definitely would love to win a title, but not this way. Wouldnt it be much more fulfilling if we won with guys that came up as Knicks, not cut and paste strategy like the Heat did. He would be nothing more than a hired gun, just like Roger Clemens. But, if he came, would I embrace him? Unfortunately Yes. Therefore, it is a very hard question to answer b/c I can not say that I am in total agreement with having or not having him on the Knicks. Plus, getting rid of Lee would really suck b/c I think he is the second coming of Oakley.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
I got to agree with you bro. Kobe is a Laker, case closed. Honestly, if MJ won a title in Washington during his 2nd comeback, would DC fans consider him a Wizard? Hell no. Winning a title would be nothing more than a footnote in NYK history. Now, I definitely would love to win a title, but not this way. Wouldnt it be much more fulfilling if we won with guys that came up as Knicks, not cut and paste strategy like the Heat did. He would be nothing more than a hired gun, just like Roger Clemens. But, if he came, would I embrace him? Unfortunately Yes. Therefore, it is a very hard question to answer b/c I can not say that I am in total agreement with having or not having him on the Knicks. Plus, getting rid of Lee would really suck b/c I think he is the second coming of Oakley.

Thanks man! It's nice to see someone else that doesn't want Kobe here. Everybody here is falling all over themselves in love with Kobe. I live in Colorado, so after that whole rape incident I lost all respect for him. That whiney bitch can go play for some other team.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Thanks man! It's nice to see someone else that doesn't want Kobe here. Everybody here is falling all over themselves in love with Kobe. I live in Colorado, so after that whole rape incident I lost all respect for him. That whiney bitch can go play for some other team.

Hold on, Kobe was a quited of all charges. I've never been a Kobe fan ether. He's an arrogant lil prick but he is the best all around player in the league. There is no one with his determination sense M.J. and he could turn this franchise around. So in a way I feel you on not liking Kobe but you've got to move pass the Colorado situation. At this point all of the Kobe talk is pointless because LA aint trading him. Kobe is the worlds highest paid prisoner.

Trin_Starr

Starter
IT HAS BEGUN BOYS AND GIRLS
From ESPN:
"The club has also looked into whether or not they can repair the relationship with Bryant and they have reportedly received a resounding 'no' from their 'back channel' overtures."

Lakers have begun trade discussions!!!!

So it's between NY and Chicago! Make it happen Isiah!

Starks

Starter
Kobe is the best player in the NBA today. PERIOD.

Theres no counter agrument here. Get him on the Knicks. This isn't even worth being debated anymore. Frye, Lee, Stephon, Curry and anyone else on the team WILL NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER be on the same tier as Kobe.

Wake the hell up people. We're blessed that Kobe wants to be in NYC, cause other than Lee- the lakers wouldn't even want to touch any of our overpaid players with a 10 foot pole

I mean seriously- No to a Kobe trade???? what planet are some of you from?

Kiyaman

Legend
Kobe is the best player in the NBA today. PERIOD.

Theres no counter agrument here. Get him on the Knicks. This isn't even worth being debated anymore. Frye, Lee, Stephon, Curry and anyone else on the team WILL NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER be on the same tier as Kobe.

Wake the hell up people. We're blessed that Kobe wants to be in NYC, cause other than Lee- the lakers wouldn't even want to touch any of our overpaid players with a 10 foot pole

I mean seriously- No to a Kobe trade???? what planet are some of you from?

Lets be realistic! it would be great to have Kobe on the Knicks, but what Fan or G.M. would'nt want a player like Kobe on their team.
Its a great fantasy and dream this offseason to imagine Kobe on your team with Kobe making public comments of wanting a trade.
However, Kobe is just an Offseason DREAM.

Kobe cost to much, gutting your team for Kobe is very expensive (Lakers want Rebounders, Shot Blockers, Assists, and scorers for Kobe). Plus there is only one coach that has the philosophy to turn Kobe Bryant "ONE on ONE" skillz into a team player.
An unhappy Kobe Bryant can be a BIG distraction for a team and the team season...

ShairanXIII

Rotation player
yo... everyone seems to forget that IT covets DLee... like I said before... more than anything... LA wants youth and cap space with the big summer of '10 coming up... if we offer...

malik, francis, collins and frye

for

kobe and radmanovic

Phil would get a big point guard to run the trianlge (collins)... a finesse forward (frye)... and the lakers get cap relief to prepare to woo Lebron, Dwade or Bosh in 2010...

it would suck to give up collins and frye... but kobe would put us over the hump...

and to any knick fan that doesn't want Kobe? Go root for another team... the man was acuitted of the charges and has never been accused of such a thing before or after... we forgive Artest and Kidd for CONFIRMED cases of spousal abuse... forgive AI wilding on his wife... but we wanna be mad at Kobe cuz of Colorado... go root for atlanta or something... you people make me sick...

knicklover

Benchwarmer
I can't see any combination of players to bring Kobe or KG here that wouldn't gut the Knicks to the point they couldn't win it all anyway. The Knicks best chance for winning it all is a 2-4 year plan that sticks with the existing core of young players, gets cap relief in a couple of years, and signs a major star then.

I could see trading Frye if you think his poor sophmore year wasn't a fluke. Maybe Balkman because of his offensive limitations. You could include Steph, Francis, Nate and any of the other older players in that. However, giving away Lee or Curry is insanity and I'd prefer keeping Balkman, Frye and Collins.

They should probably look to upgrade a little but a major blockbuster that guts the team is a huge tactical error.

ShairanXIII

Rotation player
i agree to a point... but who's to say that our young guys will develop to the championship caliber? i'm the biggest proponent of staying the course... but if kobe can carry the lakers to the playoffs in the west... and lebron can lead cle to #2 seed in the east... then kobe + curry + lee = champs... we also wouldn't need to sacrifice too much to get him while keeping our team intact...

Allen

Benchwarmer
My take is that Kobe becoming a knick is a pipedream. It will never happen.

Why would the lakers trade kobe for a CHUMP like Steve Francis and a bunch of role players when they could appease him by trading for the TOP pg in the league, JASON KIDD.