Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Knicks One Of Three Teams On Kobe's List

Kobe is the best player in the NBA today. PERIOD.

Theres no counter agrument here. Get him on the Knicks. This isn't even worth being debated anymore. Frye, Lee, Stephon, Curry and anyone else on the team WILL NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER be on the same tier as Kobe.

Wake the hell up people. We're blessed that Kobe wants to be in NYC, cause other than Lee- the lakers wouldn't even want to touch any of our overpaid players with a 10 foot pole

I mean seriously- No to a Kobe trade???? what planet are some of you from?

Veteran

Nyk Logo

Originally Posted by Starks

Theres no counter agrument here. Get him on the Knicks. This isn't even worth being debated anymore. Frye, Lee, Stephon, Curry and anyone else on the team WILL NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER be on the same tier as Kobe.

Wake the hell up people. We're blessed that Kobe wants to be in NYC, cause other than Lee- the lakers wouldn't even want to touch any of our overpaid players with a 10 foot pole

Lets be realistic! it would be great to have Kobe on the Knicks, but what Fan or G.M. would'nt want a player like Kobe on their team.
    Its a great fantasy and dream this offseason to imagine Kobe on your team with Kobe making public comments of wanting a trade.
    However, Kobe is just an Offseason DREAM.

Kobe cost to much, gutting your team for Kobe is very expensive (Lakers want Rebounders, Shot Blockers, Assists, and scorers for Kobe). Plus there is only one coach that has the philosophy to turn Kobe Bryant "ONE on ONE" skillz into a team player.
    An unhappy Kobe Bryant can be a BIG distraction for a team and the team season...

Latest reports say that Kobe might not be traded after all. That is if the Lakers find a way to trade Bynum and satisfy Bryant's will - [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Originally Posted by rady
    Latest reports say that Kobe might not be traded after all. That is if the Lakers find a way to trade Bynum and satisfy Bryant's will - [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    damn. Thats what I call wearing the pants.

Give me KG or give me nothing!! Vote NO on Kobe!!

yo... everyone seems to forget that IT covets DLee... like I said before... more than anything... LA wants youth and cap space with the big summer of '10 coming up... if we offer...

malik, francis, collins and frye

for

kobe and radmanovic

Phil would get a big point guard to run the trianlge (collins)... a finesse forward (frye)... and the lakers get cap relief to prepare to woo Lebron, Dwade or Bosh in 2010...

it would suck to give up collins and frye... but kobe would put us over the hump...

and to any knick fan that doesn't want Kobe? Go root for another team... the man was acuitted of the charges and has never been accused of such a thing before or after... we forgive Artest and Kidd for CONFIRMED cases of spousal abuse... forgive AI wilding on his wife... but we wanna be mad at Kobe cuz of Colorado... go root for atlanta or something... you people make me sick...

I can't see any combination of players to bring Kobe or KG here that wouldn't gut the Knicks to the point they couldn't win it all anyway. The Knicks best chance for winning it all is a 2-4 year plan that sticks with the existing core of young players, gets cap relief in a couple of years, and signs a major star then.

I could see trading Frye if you think his poor sophmore year wasn't a fluke. Maybe Balkman because of his offensive limitations. You could include Steph, Francis, Nate and any of the other older players in that. However, giving away Lee or Curry is insanity and I'd prefer keeping Balkman, Frye and Collins.

They should probably look to upgrade a little but a major blockbuster that guts the team is a huge tactical error.

i agree to a point... but who's to say that our young guys will develop to the championship caliber? i'm the biggest proponent of staying the course... but if kobe can carry the lakers to the playoffs in the west... and lebron can lead cle to #2 seed in the east... then kobe + curry + lee = champs... we also wouldn't need to sacrifice too much to get him while keeping our team intact...

My take is that Kobe becoming a knick is a pipedream. It will never happen.

Why would the lakers trade kobe for a CHUMP like Steve Francis and a bunch of role players when they could appease him by trading for the TOP pg in the league, JASON KIDD.

Nyk Logo

For all those who think the LAKERS have a chance to keep KOBE

look at what news came out:

Sorry, Kobe. Nets GM Ed Stefanski has no plans of reigniting trade talks with the Lakers regarding Jason Kidd in an Andrew Bynum package. Kobe Bryant is shown on a parking-lot videotape cursing Lakers GM Mitch Kupchak's decision not to accede to the Nets' demands last February and add Bynum to a proposed trade. The Nets, on the verge of missing the playoffs, would have done the deal then. They won't now, not with the Eastern Conference so wide open after the Cavaliers' run to the NBA Finals. That's not good news for the Lakers - another run at Kidd could pacify Bryant's rage.

Posted June 21, by Ben Maller

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

I don't know how many of you read this, and more important how much of it is true (the last part i mean) but here's what the kobe tape is describes by Markazi from SI:

I'm here to see the infamous "Kobe Video," which has taken the world by storm it seems. The 24-second video clip was shot in late May, a few days before Kobe Bryant went public with his trade demands on national radio. It catches Bryant criticizing Los Angeles Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak for not pulling off a mid-season trade that would have sent Andrew Bynum to the New Jersey Nets for Jason Kidd.

"It's been crazy," says Ron, who introduces himself as a representative of "The Kobe Video Guys," a couple of college-aged guys who talk to Bryant in the video but wish to remain anonymous in fear of the backlash they might get from Lakers fans. "Everyone wants to see it."

I meet Ron, who appears to be just out of college himself, wearing a backpack and nervously looking around, inside of a nearby bookstore. "Let's go upstairs," he says, being followed by two well-built dudes who he jokingly (I think) calls his bodyguards. "I don't want anyone else watching."

He then pulls out a laptop from his backpack and places the computer in front of me and hands over a set of headphones. "Are you ready?" he asks after I put the headphones on. "Here it is."

The video, which was taken on a digital camera by a friend who was taking pictures of Bryant talking to the two inquisitive fans, begins with Bryant, standing in front of the Newport Coast Shopping Center and wearing a red shirt and sunglasses. He is talking about the trade that the Lakers reportedly turned down last season that would have brought Kidd to the Lakers for Bynum.

"Andrew Bynum? What the f---?" Bryant says in disgust. "Are you kidding me? Andrew Bynum? F---ing ship his ass out. Are you kidding me? We're talking about Jason Kidd. But they didn't even want to do that. Now we're here in this f---ed up position."

The tandem then asked Bryant what he thought about Bynum's potential. Bryant smiled and started to shake his head as if he was about to go on another tirade.

"You know what man? Let me tell you something. Mitch Kupchak had the nerve to ask me..."

At this point the 24-second video clip ends abruptly and we are left to wonder what Bryant says next. "The Kobe Video Guys" say that Bryant went on to say, "How good do you think Andrew Bynum is going to be in 10 years? Are you f---ing kidding me? I'm trying to win this s--- now."

A week later the duo again ran into Bryant in Newport Beach, after he had made his trade demands public, and pulled out a cell phone and recorded one of them telling Bryant, "Please tell us you're staying." Bryant responded by saying, "Get a Bulls uniform fellas."

Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    Am I the only one who actually DOESN'T want Kobe to come to NY?? Yes, he is arguably the best player in the game, and yes, he could probably lead the Knicks to the Finals. But personally, I don't like the guy. I think he is a whiny bitch and a spoiled brat.

I would much rather keep the players that we have now, and continue to build chemistry and develop our young guys then have to root for a rapist to bring NY a championship. Is giving up Lee and Balkman, players that I actually respect and enjoy to watch, really worth it?? The Knicks, in my opinion, would have more integrity if they brought in Rasheed Wallace and Ron Artest then Kobe Bryant.

If we end up giving all of the players on the Knicks that I like for a bitch like Kobe, I unfortunately will have to stop being a Knick fan. I'll have to start rooting for another team.

Your definetly not the only one, it does seem like everyone has forgotten what this guy done, but to be honest I just dont care for his arrogant attitude I dont give a damn how good he is, I cant cheer on guys I have no respect for as people.

He's a great player but so what he's shown how much team character he has jumping ship know that LA isnt the top team anymore, and he didnt carry the team had it not been for Shaq none of it would have been possible.
    Last edited by ODucksFan82; Jun 29, 2007 at 07:49.