Knicks One Of Three Teams On Kobe's List

brooklyn_baller

Benchwarmer
Isiah will be the most hated person in NY if he bring Kobe here. Kobe can't ever get along with the Lakers. What makes you think that he will get along with this struggling team we call Knicks. We have a lot of stars and players that can put that ball in the hole on this team. If Kobe comes, no one else will get a chance to score. Everyone wil have to pass him the ball. Even Curry will average 6 assists a game. Kobe has to big of a ego and just like Artest, fights every game.

FameMos

Benchwarmer
If Kobe comes, no one else will get a chance to score.

I have 2 disagree. If Kobe has players around him (this current Knicks squad)who can actually score...he would EASILY avg 7asts. With a starting 5 of Marbury, Kobe, Q, ZBo, and Curry, Kobe would avg. 24 pts and 8asts.

ShairanXIII

Rotation player
Not recently.

He has lead his Lakers in first round exits.

Kobe is definately overhyped, but I would definately take Kobe on this team for his great defense and all around offensive game.

Who would you trade for Kobe?

west > east
la won 40 + games last season and the season before without shaq before flaming out to a far superior suns team both years
if kobe can win 40+ in the west... he should be able to win 50+ in ny with curry/zach alongside him...

we'd prolly have to sacrifice:
crawford, collins, malik rose and balkman/lee FOR kobe
OR
steph, malik, jason collins FOR kobe, radmanovic

i'd prefer the first trade option if we can keep lee... but i think the lakers would insist on steph to keep a box office draw... plus... steph and malik come off the books in 2 years giving them cap room to go after lebron and co in three summers... if we give up lee in the trade... then we need to sign darko to shore up our front court...

metrocard

Legend
west > east
la won 40 + games last season and the season before without shaq before flaming out to a far superior suns team both years
if kobe can win 40+ in the west... he should be able to win 50+ in ny with curry/zach alongside him...

we'd prolly have to sacrifice:
crawford, collins, malik rose and balkman/lee FOR kobe
OR
steph, malik, jason collins FOR kobe, radmanovic

i'd prefer the first trade option if we can keep lee... but i think the lakers would insist on steph to keep a box office draw... plus... steph and malik come off the books in 2 years giving them cap room to go after lebron and co in three summers... if we give up lee in the trade... then we need to sign darko to shore up our front court...

I'd say we also have to give away an all star like Marbury or Randolph, plus an expiring, plus a young player like Balkman or lee for Kobe.

ShairanXIII

Rotation player
randolph has 4 years left and steph has 2... i think it's feasible... especially since LA hasn't made any improvements yet...

metrocard

Legend
randolph has 4 years left and steph has 2... i think it's feasible... especially since LA hasn't made any improvements yet...

You heard what Kobe is saying now? How many times has he flip flopped on his decision in LA. I think he just loves the attention.

KnicksFan4Realz

Benchwarmer
Isiah will be the most hated person in NY if he bring Kobe here. Kobe can't ever get along with the Lakers. What makes you think that he will get along with this struggling team we call Knicks. We have a lot of stars and players that can put that ball in the hole on this team. If Kobe comes, no one else will get a chance to score. Everyone wil have to pass him the ball. Even Curry will average 6 assists a game. Kobe has to big of a ego and just like Artest, fights every game.

What the hell are you talking about? Bringing Kobe to the Garden will bring Isiah a lot more credibility than what he has now, and it's probably lower than the approval rating of President Bush. I hope the Knicks get Kobe..especially if they have to give up only guys like Crawford, Robinson, and Q Rich.

pyotrveliky

Rotation player

i think you can make a real argument that this knicks team other than the star (marbury) is better than LAs team without kobe...curry vs bynum/kwame, lee/now Z-Bo is as good as odom/cook/vlad, balkman/q is as good as mo evans/whoever they play at 3. our backup pgs are about as good as smush and farmar. i think kobe on the ny team would be a way better team than LA now.