Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Knicks Radio Hour

Default Knicks Radio Hour

Hey everyone

Huge Knicks fan for about 20 years. I currently host a NY Baseball Show on 1240 AM WGBB Long Island. My sponsor [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] has an archive of some of the baseball shows we have done this season.

I wanted some feedback as to whether you guys would be interested in me creating a half hour or hour show dedicated to the Knicks. You would be able to hear it on the internet live or download the replay at the site or on iTunes

Let me know your thoughts

MIke Silva

without a doubt ! Push for the Hour

If you allow streaming capabilities (listen on internet) I would love to listen to Knicks talk for an hour.

Great ideea! I'd support it 100%

if you have call-ins... that would be awesome...

Next season, keep waiting donchris's Avatar

The internet is a plus being that not all of us are still in the NY area. Sounds great!

Do it! I would listen to it everyday!

Definitely!! I would listen everyday also!! I would probably call in everyday too!! =)

Guys

Thanks for the feedback, yes you would be able to hear the show live at [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

I would love to partner with the forum as well. There would be live call in's and hopefully some guests (sports writers etc. basketball players are usually tougher to get then baseball players)

I am working out the details but if anyone would like to email me ideas on what you would like to see in detail you can get me at [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

I am leaning towards doing an hour and it be similar to my baseball show, take a listen if your a baseball fan at [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Heck if you guys want maybe we can name the show after the board!

Mike

AWESOME! can't wait for it

as for ideas.. calls from sports writers and fans would be a terrific start. then if you could get people that are close to the organization would be even better!

Default Yes!

This will be cool! We can discuss all types of Knicks stuff all year. Good games, bad games, and more!

Smile

That would be great! I would listen everyday! I am really excited about it. Hopefully, it could be a more positive spin that all the beat writers besides Alan Hahn. It should also have the ability to be heard as a "podcast" like ESPN has it, so we could listen to the broadcasts at anytime.

I would hope to have it on iTunes just like my baseball show, but you could download it and listen from the web

This will take a few weeks to put together, so be patient. But I appreciate the support of the board.

Perhaps you guys can keep this thread up by giving me ideas for types of segments and things that you would be interested in hearing

I'm definitely down with this idea. Broadacasting your show for knick fans across the naiton is tremendous. I thank you for this opportunity!

Default Update on Knicks Radio Show

Hey Everyone

Just wanted to update you on this thread (started back in June)

I am sorry it took so long for me to give you an update about the radio show, I was swamped with developing my site, doing the baseball show, and figuring out who would sponsor this project.

Right now [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] will be developing a gotham sports media website. They will be doing more then just baseball. I will be a sub-domain on this site.

I have already contacted a few journalist from the tri-state area to come on the show. I also would like to do fan segments with sites like this.

The show will be called Gotham Hoops Live. I will be doing Knicks/Nets/ and some around the league stuff. My guess is that the Knicks will just wind up being a more popular topic. However since its a NY baseketball show, I have to do the "other" team in town.

The show will be hosted by blogtalkradio, with dedicated call in number and everything. You will also be able to subscribe to the show via iTunes.

I do not want to be a self promoting so when the time comes I will only publish my website with permission. You are free to subscribe and never visit my site.

My site will be a combo of my baseball and baskeball show, there will be a blog, video, and some other cool stuff.

Thanks again for your support and interest in the show. Since I am not on the air yet I can still be bias

Go Knicks! and as a lifelong NY and former Brooklynite i will say it now and probably on the air I HATE THE NJ NETS.