Knicks To Draft Wilson Chandler

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player
If this is actually the case, I definately would expect the boos to come raining down from the rafters on June 28th. I wouldn't doubt that the guy is a possibly good player, but is it me or didnt we already draft Renaldo Balkman last year. BUT THEN AGAIN... Does this mean that Balkman is being traded?

eastlinykfan

Benchwarmer
They can boo all they like. With our draft record over the past two decades, no one is even close to IT's eye for talent. We consistently drafted busts or traded them away. Personally, I loved most of the moves Grunfeld made, but he was a terrible evaluator of talent. IT is the opposite of him, makes terrible trades, but gets great value throughout the draft. So, all of you can boo the shit out of him when he takes this kid, but I am going to keep quiet and wait and see what he does. If he trades Balk for someone like Rashard Lewis and this Chandler kid is a Balk clone, will you boo IT Then? Or if we keep him, how bad would it be to let this kid sit and learn the NBA game and be the steal of the draft eventually in a couple of years b/c we have to remember, not every kid that gets drafted has the ability to be a star. Even if this kid can fill a role in our rotation and help us win games, that is all I would want out of him, to be a piece to a championship run. Work your magic on draft night IT!

metrocard

Legend
It doesn't matter Isiah's track history of drafting, we don't need a player of this caliber when we already have Balkman, and we desperately need shooting and more passers.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
It doesn't matter Isiah's track history of drafting, we don't need a player of this caliber when we already have Balkman, and we desperately need shooting and more passers.

I agree. Morris Almond out of Rice University seems like the logical choice to me. Even Marbury asked Isiah to draft a shooter and Morris Almond is arguably the best shooter in the draft.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
They need someone to block some shots and intimidate down low because of Currys lack of ability to defend. I think that Sean Williams kid would be perfect for the knicks.

They need someone to block some shots and intimidate down low because of Currys lack of ability to defend. I think that Sean Williams kid would be perfect for the knicks.

yeah Hoops Hype has us taking Sean Willilams w/ the pick, and Draft Express has us taking Cook, but if this guy turned down a work out w/ Philly with their three picks and hired an agent, so either he ( and his agent) is really dumb, or he has a promise from someone. Depaul is where Mark Aguire went to school so you can see how it could be true. But after last year I'll never be shocked or disappionted w/ a pick again. Also isnt that the guy Isiah said was Ariza w/ a jumper?

LJ4ptplay

Starter

My second choice would be Sean Williams after Morris Almond. Didn't Williams average 5 blocks per game??!!?? He is the type of player that can change a game and profoundly change the Knicks with his insane defensive skills.