Slim chance that KG is going to the Knicks

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
Yesterday sportscenter announced that the Phoenix Suns have a interest in KG. KG is would be happy in Phoenix, The new gm Steve Kerr wants KG, but the Wolves want Amare and 1st round pick 08 for him. This leads NY no chance in getting KG.

eastlinykfan

Benchwarmer
Honestly, I could careless. Whoever thinks this guy will lead to a championship is an absolute fool! He has only been out of the 1st round once. I will say it again ONCE! And the reason why he got out there was b/c of the pressence of Cassell, Spree, and Wally; proven vets that were at the beginning of their decline. Do we want that? Give up all of our young talent to make an "improbable" run to win a championship with guys that are in the beginning of their decline? What if we dont win, what then? We will right where we started since Ewing left, being mediocre with a bunch of high paid, long contracted vets on their decline. That is why we should make a run at R Lewis. He is younger than Garnett, not as many miles, and will be a helluva lot cheaper than Garnett money and trading wise. If we had a guy like Shawn Marion or Stoudemire that could be expendable then I would say do it, but we dont. We have a bunch of young guys that would be needed to get an aging superstar and then we would left with not much else. We have to start thinking long term, not short. I would rather be competitive for years to come than rather be a short term fix. Look at Miami right now. They are getting to Finals again and they stuck with the likes of Walker, Posey, JWilliams (contract year), etc. who all are no better than an unmovable Stevie Franchise contract. DWade is going to keep them in the playoffs, but they will not get much further than the second round. I would much rather be associated with the Spurs. As much as hate that retarded team, they have the right idea of how to build a team: through the draft. If you look at their roster, they have two great players in Duncan and Parker, an above average guy like Ginobli, great vets like Finley, Jackass Horry, and Bowen. If you have noticed, they did not bring in some big priced, marquee named Free Agent or trade, they just put pieces in place where they were needed without making next to any noise about it. THe only name that comes up that signing or trading for is Shaq. That is it. Plus, the Spurs are the most consistent team in the league bc they are in the hunt every year and they probably will continue to do so while teams like Miami are basically done for. Therefore, is Garnett the right answer to bring a championship to NY? I highly doubt it. The answer is to create a solid nucleus of players through the draft and through free agency, but not the high proflie guys, MLE's. IT has thus far failed in that respect, but evaluating young talent, he has not.

metrocard

Legend
Once? That one time he almost made it to the finals. KG is a top 3 NBA player, and one of the most passionate team orriented superstars you can find in the NBA.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
right now i would take KG over anybody in the league for this team, A defensive passing forward would be great

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Two things you aren't considering, one, the east is wide open and any team can make it to the finals. One player can change everything in the east and two, Garnett didn't have any real help. This is a hypothetical but if Garnett was placed on a team with Curry, Marbury, Lee, Baulkman and a decent shooter there is no reason why this team couldn't dominate the east. At this point no one really things the Knicks have a chance to land Garnett. Every one seems to think Francis is untradable. I find that hard to believe because he only has two more years on his contract but we'll have to wait and see.

metrocard

Legend
right now i would take KG over anybody in the league for this team, A defensive passing forward would be great

Exactly, especially when Knicks have a superior talented roster than the T'Wovles. KG would make a lot of guys look good on this team.