Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Randolph, Jones & Dickau now Knicks!

Veteran

Default Randolph, Jones & Dickau now Knicks!

On draft day a trade was completed that will send Zach Randolph, Fred Jones and Dan Dickau of the Portland TrailBlazers to the New York Knicks for Channing Frye and Steve Francis.

I personally think this is a good trade for us. It gives us two quality players and an emerging star. Say what you will about Randolphs attitude he is a beast and along side Eddy Curry we will have one of the most dominant front courts in basketball.

I like Channing, hes a good kid but hes not (at this point) what we need playing along side Curry. And Zachs attitude is something id take any day over Steve Francis' and large contract and "injuries".

Our roster now looks as so...
    C Eddy Curry/Randolph Morris/Jerome James
    PF Zach Randolph/David Lee/Malik Rose
    SF Jared Jeffries/Renaldo Balkman/Wilson Chandler
    SG Jamal Crawford/Quentin Richardson/Fred Jones
    PG Stephon Marbury/Mardy Collins/Nate Robinson/Dan Dickau

16 players with the possiblity of 17 with Cato.
    Look for more moves to happen soon. Isiah is avidly shopping Jared Jeffries at this point as well.

Veteran

and now add Syracuse star Demitris Nichols to the last of new Knicks. Portland will also send him over in return for a NY 2nd round pick in 2008.

another good move in my eyes. (remind you im not an Isiah ass kisser).
    Demitris is a SU star which will get over well with NY fans.
    Also he is a small forward with entertainment talent. This makes our SF position very deep and will allow us to explore trades in the near future may they include Jeffries or Balkman.

The best aspect on this move is getting rid of Stevie Franchise.
    I'm not so convinced about Randolph's qualities, but he's a good scorer and rebounder if he's motivated.
    I still can see Jeffries, Crawford and Nate leaving town asap, hopefully for an outside shooter with defensiv qualities

Nyk Logo

super!!! francis don't here now. Randolph is can't superstar but he is a star. Thanks isiah.

new starting 5
    Starbury
    Crawford
    variable
    Zach
    Eddy

it's enough

Superstar

There has to be more... so I am holding off full judgement until I see what happens next. But Zach Randolph is not the answer. He is Curry and Curry is him. They are two in the same. he verages 2 more rebounds a game, 0.2 blocks a game, plays the post. NO! there has to be another move in the works... HAS TO BE. All you haters in this forum who ****ted on Channing Frye after 1 bad year, will see what we missed out on. NY Fans are too damn fickle along with the management. I understand this is a what have you done for me lately kind of a league, but one good year, plus one bad year, = get the **** out of here? Thats not reasonable, so i guess it seems Channing brought it on himself by having too good of a rookie year

So far I think I.T. is keeping it cool this summer! Lets see some more trades he does. The Knicks are made up almost of all All-Star potinal players! L.O.L. We better win! Channing Frye was good but giess what, Zach is BETTER! Did everyone see David Lee's face when he her the trade while watching the draft? L.O.L.

I think it's a solid trade for us, getting rid of Francis was a major plus I really like Randolph good solid player that hasnt had any real injury problems. And like the previous poster stated Fryes good but Randolph is better this is definetly true, I dont think Knicks fans have been fickle with Frye hes shown us alot of solid performances but the Knicks needed to give something to get something its the only way to unload a player like Francis.
    Last edited by ODucksFan82; Jun 29, 2007 at 08:14.

Go 1990s New York Knicks! nyKnicks126's Avatar

That is the best move he did in his years with the knicks. ZACH RANDOLPH I was so happy you should have seen me.

Guys don't sleep on Fred Jones and Dan Dickau. But damn, Zeke still has a house cleaning to do. Nate's gotta go, as well as James Jeffries and Rose.

And I hate to say it, but I think Crawford or Qrich will have to leave also. There just isn't enough ball to go around. Zach is pure offense, just like Curry. So look for them to feud early in the season.

But no matter how you look at it, I like Zach's attitude. Its what we need around here

Go 1990s New York Knicks! nyKnicks126's Avatar

I see where you are going with that Starks. I rather Q Rich to go. But then who do we get? I would like to get R. Lewis on the team to make this team a offensive team in the NBA.

Superstar

I'm going to say it again for anyone who isn't listening. Zach Randolph needs to be traded NOW or at least by July 1st. look, I agree he is a good player, a beast. But he is the same exact player that eddie curry is. I mean the same exact player. He is scoring 24 points when he was the focal point of the offense. How does one purpose that he gets those 24 points now. The offense goes through Curry, at least that's what Isiah has stated, IF the knicks do not trade Zach (or Curry for that matter), there will be way for these two guys to co-exist. The knicks NEEDED a Shooter and/or a Shot Blocker or a SuperStar... they did not get any of the 3. I truly believe however that another trade is coming soon, but no matter who they get in this trade, if they are not giving up Randolph, it won't matter

I just saw that Dickau and Fred Jones are expiring contracts worth a combined $6.1mil - another great trade asset for us to use this offseason!!
    This trade is looking better by the minute!!

you people are haters on francis. if portland buys him out and he starts anywhere else itz a guaranteed 20 ppg and 5 assists a game. knicks got better but if francis wasnt injured for about 40 games this year knikcs would of been 8 in the playoffs.

I like Francis but I dont think the knicks need him. I hope he does do good next year, I loved watching him play when he was in houston. I'll always root for him, but the knicks have enough guards.

here is all the media coverage of the trade:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]