Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Randolph, Jones & Dickau now Knicks!

The trade will work IF Randolph stays out of trouble so who is going to babysit him.

Superstar

I really need for somebody, anybody, to really tell me how this trade works? 2 low post threats can not co-exist. it's just impossible. so Curry post up on the left side, randolph posts up on the right... how do they both get the ball? they don't... there is only ball. I dont want to hear that this guy has a decent 15 ft. jumper because we gave up in frye, someone who has a better 15ft jumper. Randolph scores the majority of his points in the paint. If Isiah said the offense is going to run through Curry, how does Randolph get points. I don't wanna hear the crap about the 10 rebounds per game, because we have Lee for rebounds, the only thing that Randolph is doing is taking minutes away from lee.

Lurker

Question Mark c & z[im]perfect together??

crossfingers:read that randolph can step out and hit jumpers from 18 ft.and that 40-50 % of his scoring comes that way.90% of curry's scoring is from within 3 ft. of the hoop.let's see if they can synchronize before making dire predictions of inevitable failure.all the losing has infected and blurred our vision.

Superstar

Trade Icon

Originally Posted by Kfranchize101
    you people are haters on francis. if portland buys him out and he starts anywhere else itz a guaranteed 20 ppg and 5 assists a game. knicks got better but if francis wasnt injured for about 40 games this year knikcs would of been 8 in the playoffs.

i doubt portland is keeping francis and i doubt even more that he will be starting ANYWHERE else in the league with his creaky knees. it was a great move in terms of dumping salary and roster space and we got two HEALTHY young cheap backups that we can trade if need be. those expiring contracts we got from portland will help us package a trade, maybe kobe/lewis. if we can package any of those with james, rose of jeffries for anyone who contributes and especially if they can shoot, we need to do it. i think this is the best trade since marbury, maybe better. but thats not saying much with isiah.

If the blazers buyout francis he's going to houston...

PG Francis
    SG T-Mac
    SF Battier
    PF ???
    C Ming

Now tell me that's not a potent offense...

Veteran

Nyk Logo

Originally Posted by The 1 and Only
    If the blazers buyout francis he's going to houston...

PG Francis
    SG T-Mac
    SF Battier
    PF ???
    C Ming

Now tell me that's not a potent offense...

Great Point! if the Blazer buy out Francis and Coach JVG is gone the Houston Rockets organization will signup Francis with no hesitation.

The Knicks are in desperate NEED of Ron Artest now that they traded for Zack Randolph.

Ron Artest will make Isiah Coach this Knick team like a NBA team supposed to be coach, plus he will make Curry and Zack play defense if they want to score. Marbury & Crawford will not go against Ron Artest when it comes to passing the peel to certain teammates. Beleive me on that one.
    Isiah Thomas knows Ron Artest is a WINNER and if he gets him on the Knicks there would be little he could do to stop Ron Artest from making this Knick Team a BIG WINNER in the Eastern Conference. Ron Artest will want to WIN every Game this season against the Indiana Pacers and the Detroit Pistons.
    The Knicks have a great chance on getting Ron Artest this offseason from the Sacremento Kings with Dickau to help Bibby, and Q. Rich, or Jefferies, or James, or Malik Rose to help the Kings Rookie 7.0 C/F-Spencer Hawes get good rythm with Brad Miller to compete in the Strong-Foward Western Conference. That is if Ron Artest did not change his mind (about leaving) after the Kings selected Big Spencer Hawes in the draft.

Originally Posted by lilman_bklyn
    I really need for somebody, anybody, to really tell me how this trade works? 2 low post threats can not co-exist. it's just impossible. so Curry post up on the left side, randolph posts up on the right... how do they both get the ball? they don't... there is only ball. I dont want to hear that this guy has a decent 15 ft. jumper because we gave up in frye, someone who has a better 15ft jumper. Randolph scores the majority of his points in the paint. If Isiah said the offense is going to run through Curry, how does Randolph get points. I don't wanna hear the crap about the 10 rebounds per game, because we have Lee for rebounds, the only thing that Randolph is doing is taking minutes away from lee.
    randolph can set up further away from the basket and drive in as well as knock down the mid range... he's no garnett or dirk or duncan... but his handle is decent and he doesn't shy from contact... curry is strictly a low block kinda guy... unless he works on that j that so many people say he is... if they run a simple high/low (a la ewing/oakley) set up... or have randolph set up along the baseline (again, think ewing/oakley)... or they can set up on either block and set picks away from the ball to create space for the other guy... believe me... there's a lot you can do with two post threats... if they can both be unselfish is another thing... plus... randolph averaged 23 and 10 in the WESTERN conference... home of Tim Duncan, Amare, Boozer, Ming, Dirk, Garnett, Gasol, etc... the cream of the crop... how dominant do you think he could be against the EAST?

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    Great Point! if the Blazer buy out Francis and Coach JVG is gone the Houston Rockets organization will signup Francis with no hesitation.

The Knicks are in desperate NEED of Ron Artest now that they traded for Zack Randolph.

Ron Artest will make Isiah Coach this Knick team like a NBA team supposed to be coach, plus he will make Curry and Zack play defense if they want to score. Marbury & Crawford will not go against Ron Artest when it comes to passing the peel to certain teammates. Beleive me on that one.
    Isiah Thomas knows Ron Artest is a WINNER and if he gets him on the Knicks there would be little he could do to stop Ron Artest from making this Knick Team a BIG WINNER in the Eastern Conference. Ron Artest will want to WIN every Game this season against the Indiana Pacers and the Detroit Pistons.
    The Knicks have a great chance on getting Ron Artest this offseason from the Sacremento Kings with Dickau to help Bibby, and Q. Rich, or Jefferies, or James, or Malik Rose to help the Kings Rookie 7.0 C/F-Spencer Hawes get good rythm with Brad Miller to compete in the Strong-Foward Western Conference. That is if Ron Artest did not change his mind (about leaving) after the Kings selected Big Spencer Hawes in the draft.
    how exactly is ron artest about winning? yeah... the guy is passionate and i love his game to death... but artest - domestic abuse, animal abuse, the brawl... and randolph - gun charges, sexual assualt charge, breaking ruben patterson's eye socket (hysterical IMO)... sounds like we're fittin to become the jailblazers of the east if IT pulled that trigger...

wat a lineup randolph curry marbury crawford q-rich with david lee as the 6th man watch out eastern conference

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by ShairanXIII
    randolph can set up further away from the basket and drive in as well as knock down the mid range... he's no garnett or dirk or duncan... but his handle is decent and he doesn't shy from contact... curry is strictly a low block kinda guy... unless he works on that j that so many people say he is... if they run a simple high/low (a la ewing/oakley) set up... or have randolph set up along the baseline (again, think ewing/oakley)... or they can set up on either block and set picks away from the ball to create space for the other guy... believe me... there's a lot you can do with two post threats... if they can both be unselfish is another thing... plus... randolph averaged 23 and 10 in the WESTERN conference... home of Tim Duncan, Amare, Boozer, Ming, Dirk, Garnett, Gasol, etc... the cream of the crop... how dominant do you think he could be against the EAST?

how exactly is ron artest about winning? yeah... the guy is passionate and i love his game to death... but artest - domestic abuse, animal abuse, the brawl... and randolph - gun charges, sexual assualt charge, breaking ruben patterson's eye socket (hysterical IMO)... sounds like we're fittin to become the jailblazers of the east if IT pulled that trigger...
    I rather be the jailblazers than a 20-30 win team. **** this goody-2-toes bs. I want a buch of crazy ****s on the Knicks who won't take **** from Wade's ***** flops.

Originally Posted by metrocard
    I rather be the jailblazers than a 20-30 win team. **** this goody-2-toes bs. I want a buch of crazy ****s on the Knicks who won't take **** from Wade's ***** flops.
    Thats about the best thing ive read from you!

Originally Posted by metrocard
    i'm not a proponent of the goody-2-shoes bull**** either... but we gotta be careful how many negative elements we have in our locker room... especially when we don't have a strong player/leader in the locker... if we had a TD, Kidd or Shaq (guys that can command respect from their teammates and keep the ship in tip top shape) then i'd say do it... but i'm afraid that we might import all the crazy ****s and still win 35 games...