View Poll Results: Is the Randolph trade the best trade Isiah has made?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

15 62.50%
  • No

9 37.50%

Thread: Curry and Randolph

Hybrid View

Go 1990s New York Knicks! nyKnicks126's Avatar

Default Curry and Randolph

Do you guys think that Curry and Randolph will be a huge factor while playing together on the court, and do you think they can coexist in NY together? I do. Two big man, I am very pleased.

Next season, keep waiting donchris's Avatar

Happy Days! This is the best thing that could realistically happen. Francis is gone gone gone! I feel like break dancing. Yea I think they can coexist but I also thing that Randolph could be trade bait for Garnett. All and all, we have a more solid line up that is also more attractive to other teams. There are still trades to be made if necessary.

Originally Posted by donchris
    All and all, we have a more solid line up that is also more attractive to other teams. There are still trades to be made if necessary.
    My thoughts exactly...
    Some people are saying that this is a bad trade because Randolph plays no D etc....but he is a much more attractive trade asset than Francis!

Most teams know that they need a low post scorer to do damage in the playoffs - and Zach is that man.

The nets wanted to give up RJ and pick for Randolph a few days....

Either way, if he and curry can't coexist - he can be easily traded for someone substantial.

I also believe that Isiah has another trade up his sleeve.

By the way - I LOVE the pickup of Nichols by Isiah!!
    This dude is one serious 3pt threat....a lights out shooter from 3

Would you take Richard Jefferson and a pick for Randolph?

Originally Posted by nyKnicks126
    Would you take Richard Jefferson and a pick for Randolph?
    If I realize that Curry and Zach cannot coexist -
    Of course that would be a no brainer!
    I hate RJ the person but his game is nice although it has been hampered by the arrival of Carter.
    Before Carter arrived
    RJ was averaging 22pts, 7rebs and 4 asts a game.

Plus the nets first rd pick? - what was it #17?

By the way - the Por/NJ deal was set to go down but Isiah upstaged them.

Superstar

I hope Isiah made sure he had another deal in place before making this trade. I am not a Zeke "nuthugger" as some in this forum refer to people who genuinely believe that Isiah has a plan, but I do think Zeke for the most part has made moves in order to make the knicks down the road. Picking up Randolph only makes the Knicks better if they trade Randolph. He doesn't compliment Curry, he doesn't do anything that Curry doesn't do, it's not as if he's going to go start blocking shots all of a sudden or hitting 15-20 foot jumpers. PLUS he has 4 more years to go on his contract. This is not to say Zach Randolph isn't good... but this is not what the knicks NEED!! but with all that being said, I do believe that Isiah has something else cooked up in the back of his mind, I just hope he makes it happen quick

Yeah so the Blazers declined RJ and a pick....

Like you said in some other thread, I am also happy that we got that young guy Demetris Nichols, and we got rid of Francis.

So now our starting line up should be

Eddy Curry
    Zach Randolph
    David Lee
    Jamal Crawford
    Stephon Marbury

Andrei Kirilenko (AK-47) could be the answer, a tall defensive shot blocker to complement Zach and Curry who plays the 3. u never know, Utah could be willing to get rid of his remaining 5 yrs bloated contract.

Proposed trade:

Utah gets:
    D Lee: .9 mm (the main piece - a Jerry Sloan type of player))
    Rose:7.5 mm (expiring contract )
    Jared J:5.2 mm (Defensive 3)

Knicks Get:
    AK-47: 12.3
    plus a throw in at the 1 mm range

now imagine a starting line up of
    Stef (offense/a little Defense) backed by Marty
    Balkman (defense) backed by Crawford
    AK-47 (defense/ a little offense) backed by Q
    Zach (Offense) backed by Morris
    Curry (Offense) backed by Jerome

Nah. DId you make up that trade, cause it might not work..

AK47 isnt worth it at this point. Especially if he has 5 years left on his contract like you said. Where's Metrocard? I'm looking forward to what he has to say about yesterdays events.

What we really need is a shooter...with those two inside the defense will clog the lane...and we all know that we have a lot more scorers than shooters on this team

...it is a little exciting...somehow it seems like the Knicks are a little closer...but it is going to take more...

Nyk Logo Zack, Zeke, and Q

GREAT TRADE! ZachDolph gives you more in one man than Frye and Francis put together, and I'm not just talking mass. The little I've seen of ZR, he's been mighty impressive, one of those players who can carry a team, and score at will, CONSISTENTLY! Frye and Francis took up space and were dead weight 1/2 the time. Will Curry really be doubled and tripled when Zach is nearby? An excellent addition, whether he stays, or goes for someone better... btw, Fred Jones won the slam dunk, so Knicks now have 2 slam dunk champs on the squad. Alley oop party anyone?

I can feel another trade comin on...

Starbury - Collins - DanDick
    Crawford - Nate - Jones
    Q Rich - Balkman - Chandler - Nichols
    Randolph - Lee - Jeffries - Morris
    Curry - James - Rose - Cato

Coolness.
    CC
    Attached Images Attached Images

Superstar

My distaste for this trade is known already so I won't continue to harp on it. What I will do is write on how this can be made better. I have come up with a trade which will assist in making this happen. The basics of the trade is the Knicks get Rashard Lewis and Marcus Camby and give up Randolph and Craw(Seattle) and Q and Morris(Denver)

The link is here [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Denver gets their outside threat that they sorely missed during their series with the Spurs, they also save money by getting some expiring contracts.
    Seattle gets a post up player and a 2 guard
    amd the Knicks get the defensive player of the Year and fan favorite Camby along with Lewis...

Tell me what you think

Originally Posted by lilman_bklyn
    My distaste for this trade is known already so I won't continue to harp on it. What I will do is write on how this can be made better. I have come up with a trade which will assist in making this happen. The basics of the trade is the Knicks get Rashard Lewis and Marcus Camby and give up Randolph and Craw(Seattle) and Q and Morris(Denver)

The link is here [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Denver gets their outside threat that they sorely missed during their series with the Spurs, they also save money by getting some expiring contracts.
    Seattle gets a post up player and a 2 guard
    amd the Knicks get the defensive player of the Year and fan favorite Camby along with Lewis...

Tell me what you think
    GREAT TRADE!!!!!! Good job on your part sir. That would be the best thing that could happen 2 the Knicks. The only thing is that we could use 1 more 2 Guard. I would have no problem however keeping Jones (plays D and can hit 3's) but we still need another 2 guard. But maybe we could put Lewis/Balkman @ the 2 from time 2 time

Originally Posted by FameMos
    GREAT TRADE!!!!!! Good job on your part sir. That would be the best thing that could happen 2 the Knicks. The only thing is that we could use 1 more 2 Guard. I would have no problem however keeping Jones (plays D and can hit 3's) but we still need another 2 guard. But maybe we could put Lewis/Balkman @ the 2 from time 2 time
    Rahard Lewis signed with Orlando.
    And Denver is shopping k-mart and his salary, not camby and his Defense POY award.