View Poll Results: Is the Randolph trade the best trade Isiah has made?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

15 62.50%
  • No

9 37.50%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Curry and Randolph

Originally Posted by MSGKnickz33
    You gotta give Q a good solid chance this year. When he played, he helped out big time on the boards, knocked down shots, and played excellent defense. I remember both Lebron James and Paul Pierce having off game becuz of Q-rich. I'm sure most people on here would agree that If Richardson can stay healthy, hes our man at the 3 position with. Man, who gives a **** about Randolph havin a rap sheet. He stayed out of trouble last year hes startin to get a little bit older now to. Lets start a survey askin how many people care about Zach havin a rap sheet. I dont give a **** about off the court problems. As long as he aint got no on the court problems which he does, defense, and thats why he should be traded. Aint nobody care about rap sheets except david stern and the boston Celtics.
    It's not that I don't like Q-Rich at the 3. It's that he has a long history of back problems and injuries.

How can we count on him being 100% this year and to be able to play a lot of minutes every night when he hasn't been able to do that recently and is coming off surgery?

Off the court trouble is a major distraction to management, the coaching staff, and the chemistry of the team.
    Last edited by knicklover; Jul 01, 2007 at 13:34.

I'm w/ metro on this one I'm a bit confused as to how these two can coexist. It can work if Zach tapers off his scoring, and maybe pulls down four more boards a game. So if he averaged something like 17 pts and 14 redbs, and Curry really comes back w/ a defensive mentality then they can coexist. I like Zeke, but this one is a real hit or miss, and unlike the Francis move this one lies soley one him. We can't afford another set back, I want this team to continue moving forward, and I'm not saying this isn't going to make us a better team it's just going to take both of them to change their style of play.

Next question is- is Zach here to stay, I mean Zach and Balkman is a pretty nice package for Oneil. Zach, Lee, and a unprotected pick could be enough to draw interest from the likes of Minn, or maybe not. I'm with everyone else, I don't want to see Lee go, I like him on and off the court, but for KG it may be worth it. I don't want him packaged for Lewis, if the Sonics don't bite on Crawford, Robinson, and Balkman, and a conditonal pick, then we don't have a deal. Rashard is good but not that damn good, we could probably land Artest for less. Look we already helped out Portland's future ( as well as our own hopefully) let's not be Seattle's savior too by giving them Lee, also ( and this is not sweatin the man) kudo's to Zeke for not biting on the Blazers trying to dump D Miles on us! Now if we somehow land Rashard without giving up Lee then, this will be IT's best off season yet.

Starting 5
    Steph
    Q-rich
    Lewis
    Randolph
    Curry

Bench
    Lee
    Mardy
    Morris
    Jefferies
    and maybe Fred Jones in the case someone in the backcourt goes down for an extended period of time
    probaly one of the most talanted squads in the East if not all the league

Also how much does this trade help or hurt Randolph Morris, if he is considered one of our first round picks how much burn will he get?
    Alot of question at the start of this off season, hopefully we won't be asking the same questions on opening night.

Smile

IMO I think the Knicks could pull off a trade 4 Kobe (who absolutely wants out of LA especially after the draft they just had) if we gave them Randolph, Lee, Crawford, a throw in and a 1st round pick.

Marbury
    Kobe
    Q-Rich
    Jefferies/Balkman
    Curry

Nice
    Last edited by FameMos; Jun 30, 2007 at 00:53.

knicks will be serious next season.
    got a feeling bout Chandler And Morris, hope they get decent playing time too

Isiah actually did a decent job this off-season

This is a sweet trade. Eddy Curry and Zach Randolph gives the Knicks a superior frontcourt in the Eastern Conference. Now all Isiah has to do is figure out a way to trade away Jerome James and Jared Jeffries.

Maybe he'll package Jerome James and Nate Robinson to Atlanta for Speedy Claxton and a future 2nd round draft pick? Or Jerome James, Jared Jeffries, and Nate Robinson for Kenyon Martin and a conditional 1st round pick?

Go 1990s New York Knicks! nyKnicks126's Avatar

Originally Posted by Streetz
    knicks will be serious next season.
    got a feeling bout Chandler And Morris, hope they get decent playing time too

Isiah actually did a decent job this off-season
    It aint over man, I think Isiahs got some more ideas in his head. Free agent signings, and some major trades.

Nyk Logo

These are my thought about the trade...

***Upside***
    Firstly, i look at the trade as an upgrade. Zeke promised that Curry would develop a midrange jumper this off season....i always thought that if Curry got his J down pack, we would have no need for frye. So our first upgrade is that we get Zach for frye. You may say that zach plays no defense, but you would be thinking one dimensional to believe that defense is all about blocking, Randolph is a rugged, hardnosed guy, with excellent hands (at pf, he almost averages a steal a game), randolph has great footwork and is still only 25 or 26. Secondly, Randolph would be second on our team in freethrow percentage, he shoots at the charity strip as well as crawford does, he's about 83 or so, i know he's above 80 for sure. Then we get rid of francis for fred jones, who to me is basically the same type of player, just that jones has a better 3pt shot, and we get him at less money, we get dan dick who hardly ever turns the ball over and is money at free throw....we get them for a good price, AND their contracts expire, so we win big. Even if Zeke dosent make more trades he made a smart move.

***Downside***

Not as much downsides as i thought, but there is one biiig downside, and that is that we now have 3 players who turn over the ball 3+ times per game, marbury, curry and randolph. Now that randolph isnt the number 1 option, i would think that his to's would fall, but at 17 to's per game we are first int he league in that stat. so if 3 starters turn the ball over 10 times....the rest of the team must have less than 7 to's for an improvement in that category. The other downside i see is that we still are lacking at the shot blocking catagory, i say forget kobe and try to get KG....kg is an upgrade who will solve our problems. If not KG, get rashard.

I really hope we can get KG next,

billups just opted out of his contract, gilbert is still a free agent, ...
    trade....marbury, crawford, Curry, nate for Kobe and Bynum, parker, pick up billups off the free agents list.....then trade Lee, qrich n Jefferies for Lewis

Billups....(off/def)
    Kobe.....(off/def)
    Lewis.....(off)
    Randolph..(off)
    Bynum....(def)........lol i know it will never happen like this right, but hey, juss playin around a little

Superstar

After having a full 24 hours to think about this trade... I have come to the conclusion that my initial sentiments are still true.. THIS TRADE SUCKS (Unless of course they are trading Randolph as soon as possible).
    I am so friggin tired of Knicks fans lust to win now. I hear Zach is better than Frye, outclasses Frye, he's only two years older than Frye and a much better player, an Upgrade... blah blah BULL****!!! THere comes a time when you are building a team when you have to do just that BUILD! When one builds a house, they start with the bricks and concrete and sheet rock, but you dont throw away the sheetrock and get more bricks. Yes Bricks is needed for the most important part of the house, but that sheet rock is needed as well. ANd that is what this trade is like to me. Frye was the sheetrock. I don't care that he had a bad season this year, that **** happens, like i said in an earlier post, after last season, if this trade was made, any true Knick fan would have been sayin What the **** is wrong with Isiah. But you of little faith want to parade around the post now as if Frye was a friggin bum who didn't have a banner rookie year. I hear people saying Randolph can hit a 20ft jumper, so what, how many of his points came with that 20 point jumper, and why give up a player who is known for his jumper for someone who can do it on occassion. There is nothing right about this trade, unless it results in another trade.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by lilman_bklyn
    After having a full 24 hours to think about this trade... I have come to the conclusion that my initial sentiments are still true.. THIS TRADE SUCKS (Unless of course they are trading Randolph as soon as possible).
    I am so friggin tired of Knicks fans lust to win now. I hear Zach is better than Frye, outclasses Frye, he's only two years older than Frye and a much better player, an Upgrade... blah blah BULL****!!! THere comes a time when you are building a team when you have to do just that BUILD! When one builds a house, they start with the bricks and concrete and sheet rock, but you dont throw away the sheetrock and get more bricks. Yes Bricks is needed for the most important part of the house, but that sheet rock is needed as well. ANd that is what this trade is like to me. Frye was the sheetrock. I don't care that he had a bad season this year, that **** happens, like i said in an earlier post, after last season, if this trade was made, any true Knick fan would have been sayin What the **** is wrong with Isiah. But you of little faith want to parade around the post now as if Frye was a friggin bum who didn't have a banner rookie year. I hear people saying Randolph can hit a 20ft jumper, so what, how many of his points came with that 20 point jumper, and why give up a player who is known for his jumper for someone who can do it on occassion. There is nothing right about this trade, unless it results in another trade.
    Good post, I'm suprised this came from you too.

But this has been cliche of Isiah, I'm used to it. It could either work or be really damaging to the franchise. Most of the time, his trades don't work.

But at the same time, we didn't give much for Randolph, which is why I feel Isiah won on this trade.

We definately have more value on our team, and more trading pieces. Randolph contract is crazy, but he's a 20/10 guy (I doubt he averages 20 points with Curry), but he still produces all star numbers unlike Francis.

If we don't make the playoffs this year, Isiah should be banned from the NBA. He has had too many chances.

Originally Posted by lilman_bklyn
    You're absolutely right. This trade does suck, unless he is moved for a player that will compliment Curry. Just because Randolph has better numbers than Frye, doesn't mean he will make the Knicks better. Randolph is exactly like Curry. He turns the ball over frequently, scores in the low post area and can't pass out of a double team. How is Marbury going to drive the lane with Curry and Randolph clogging it up? Doesn't Isiah realize this? This is a nightmare. All the Knicks needed to do was teach Frye how to play better defense (i.e. block shots).

I give the Knicks draft day a D-. I'm not happy with the pick either. Why do we need another Balkman and Jeffries? Morris Almond was available and addressed the Knicks needs better.

Interesting analogy. Building a team is like building a house. So when does the sheetrock normally get put up on the house? Personally, I like to have a brick wall in place before I put in the sheetrock. When sheetrock gets wet, it gets moldy. If Zach Randolph is the brick wall and Frye is the sheetrock, then I'll have to take Zach Randolph every time.

Even more so, what type of sheetrock do you want in your house? Sub-standard, standard, or superior sheetrock? A hammer will easily punch through sub-standard sheetrock. It will dent standard sheetrock. Superior sheetrock will take repeated blows before it dents. What kind of sheetrock to you consider Frye to be?

Originally Posted by wymm
    Interesting analogy. Building a team is like building a house. So when does the sheetrock normally get put up on the house? Personally, I like to have a brick wall in place before I put in the sheetrock. When sheetrock gets wet, it gets moldy. If Zach Randolph is the brick wall and Frye is the sheetrock, then I'll have to take Zach Randolph every time.

Even more so, what type of sheetrock do you want in your house? Sub-standard, standard, or superior sheetrock? A hammer will easily punch through sub-standard sheetrock. It will dent standard sheetrock. Superior sheetrock will take repeated blows before it dents. What kind of sheetrock to you consider Frye to be?
    What? lol
    anyway, this is a good trade for various reasons.
    1. Francis= 17mil and not contributing neither to the future or the present of this team. Stephen A. Smith said it right.. he was making up injuries jus in the middle of the year untill jamal and steph got hurt.
    2. Zach is only 25 years old and will contribute right away. Trust me, he wont be worse than frye.
    3. Frye was soft, afraid of contact, never played inside the foul line, was a HORRIBLE rebounder.
    4. Zach is more of grinder someone that can bang it out with anyone.
    5. Look at zachs numbers vs the top teams and top PFs in the league (Dirk,duncan,diaw,boozer, odom,brand)
    vs Detroit- 29pts, 10 rebs
    vs Pheonix- 24pts, 12 rebs
    vs Chicago, Dallas, Utah, Indy, Lakers, Clippers - 23pts, 8 rebs
    O, and these numbers are AVERAGES over the past 2 seasons.

Superstar

Originally Posted by wymm

Well if you want the walls within your house to be brick, more power to you... try painting over that.. or having your children run into brick, or try hanging your plasma on a brick wall. C'mon now.. The sheetrock is necessary and to answer your question of what kind of sheetrock, his rookie year showed what he was capable of doing (12 points 6 rebounds coming off the bench), he sputtered this year and was traded. If The knicks coaches were actually aboutto learn to run plays, then Frye would have shown his worth as a "superior shhetrock player" I guess we'll just have to wait for the years to come to see this trade backfire in our face (A LA Rod Strickland; Mark Jackson; Benard King)

Superstar

Originally Posted by GiantsKnickFan
    What? lol
    anyway, this is a good trade for various reasons.
    1. Francis= 17mil and not contributing neither to the future or the present of this team. Stephen A. Smith said it right.. he was making up injuries jus in the middle of the year untill jamal and steph got hurt.
    2. Zach is only 25 years old and will contribute right away. Trust me, he wont be worse than frye.
    3. Frye was soft, afraid of contact, never played inside the foul line, was a HORRIBLE rebounder.
    4. Zach is more of grinder someone that can bang it out with anyone.
    5. Look at zachs numbers vs the top teams and top PFs in the league (Dirk,duncan,diaw,boozer, odom,brand)
    vs Detroit- 29pts, 10 rebs
    vs Pheonix- 24pts, 12 rebs
    vs Chicago, Dallas, Utah, Indy, Lakers, Clippers - 23pts, 8 rebs
    O, and these numbers are AVERAGES over the past 2 seasons.
    OK, you do realize that Randolph had these numbers being the number one option on his team right? You realize the Knicks already have a post present right? You realize that Isiah already said that the offense will be ran through Curry right? You realize that there is only one ball to go around on offense right? You realize that the knicks Need an outside threat and an interior defender right? you realize that Zach Randolph is neither an outside threat or an interior defender right? You realize that Zach Randolph averages less blocks than Curry right? You realize that he and curry are the same exact player right? The only good thing about this trade is being able to dump Steve Francis Salary... But then the Knicks turned around and got a player who added 2 more years to the Knicks cap making around the same Francis was making... C'mon people open your eyes, this is not a good trade AT ALL