Sitting Ducks! Who's outa here next?

Starks

Starter
The Randolph trade suggests there is more roster cleaning on the way, as we can all agree that the current team is not complete.

Here are 4 guys I think we will not say in NY next season. Just my opinion though.

Jerome James.
-No one wants this piece of trash, so look for him to get waived. His signing was like the time you hooked up with the fat chick from class. After a few drinks she looked okay, then you woke up and realized "What the hell was I thinking???" Once he's gone, we'll NEVER EVER EVER mention his name again.

Malik Rose.
-If he wasn't getting minutes last season, he won't get seconds this season. Sorry Malik, but its time to retire. Just get it over with.

Jarred Jeffries.
-I just plain don't like him. He took a big shit on Knick lore by wearing number 20.

Nate Robinson.
-He's gona have to take his carnival act someplace else. He's the anti Mugsy Bogues. He'll be good in someplace like Atlanta. Maybe they can get lil kids in the stands with him on the team.

Jamal Crawford.
-Now that Frye and Steve are gone, Jamal is the next tradeable guy we have. I like him, but I think alot of teams do as well. If we make a significant trade, which we might, then Jamal will have to be in the deal.

i think its safe to say these guys are all on alert for the next few weeks.

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player
Actually I believe the 1st name you should have had on that list was Zach Randolph. He has no place on the roster. Your other choices are on point and I agree with them

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
jamal aint going anywhere unless its kobe or KG, but hey now that the knicks got zach randolph, they do now have pieces to make the KG trade happen...

There is no way Malik is retiring he is still owed upwards of $24 Mil for the next 3 years, he aint walking away from that. We need to just buy him out ala Mo Taylor ala Jalen Rose and end the Malik era. Since we are 2 contracts over the limit another guy has got to go and im not sure its gonna be james. We dont have a backup center to curry and Im not so sure randolph morris is ready to fill that role. Its probably going to be dan dickau but if not then we should definately expect a trade. And If we trade away lee that would be the biggest mistake we make. He is the only player that really cares and hes the only player that throws his heart out on the court game in game out.

sxmarbury516

Benchwarmer
not sure if it would work or not but id try a sign and trade with seattle...

to seattle
1. nate robinson
2. jared jeffries

to NY
1. rashard lewis

giving us a lineup of

pg- marbury
sg- crawford
sf- lewis
pf- randolph
c- curry

then again theres not enough balls in the league to get these 5 offensive monsters to co-exist, so i dont know... im definatly down to ship out randolph for someone like a KG or a jermaine o'neal. he definatly is good trade bait to get the pacers or t-wolves attention

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I like that even though cambys gettin older. Maybe try to get a draft pick out of the deal or you gonna need someone else besides camby anyways to get the contracts to match up. I'd love to see a 3 man rotation of Lee, Curry and a 3rd player who blocks shots. Camby is an excellent shot blocker.

First post ever! Nice to join the forum..

As far as future trades go, i like the idea of using randolph as trade bait for Kobe and Artest.

For Kobe: Crawford, Randolph, and a future first round pick. There is obviously a big problem here in that both crawford and randolph are tied up with multiple years and a lot of money. Im not sure of the contract situation of some crappy lakers, but I guess the knicks could take on a bad contract to match up the $ of Crawford and Randolph.

For Artest: Randolph and Balkman or Richardson. I feel SAC could use a low post threat in the mold of Randolph and adding Balkman would sweeten the deal. Some may say this is too much for Artest considering hes a head case with slight injury concerns. However, a potential line up of Marbury, Crawford, Artest, Lee, and Curry gives the knicks excellent balance by adding one of the top 5 defenders in the league.

ShairanXIII

Rotation player
i think randolph is a temporary resident of the garden as well... i like the kobe scenario... but the artest deal doesn't work since randolph has waaaaaaay more left on his contract than ron ron... we need to consider eastern teams that need low post threats...

chi, nj, was...

if we can get jefferson, deng or jamison... along with some kind of shot blocking presence, then this works... i'd keep dikau since he's a pass first pg... a nice change of pace to steph...

Toons

is the Bo$$
id like to see a 3 team trade between new york, indiana, and seattle

New york gets J-O, troy murphy for curry, crawford
Seattle gets Q.rich, nate and dunlevy...New york get Rashard lewis and robert swift
Indiana gets , nick collison, and earl watson

Our Linup looks like this now
Knicks

Marbury
Collins
Lewis/balkman
Randolph\lee
J-Oneal/murphy

Seattle
Ridnour/nate
D. West/q.rich
green/dunlevy
greg oden
al jefferson

Indiana
Tinsley/watson
M.daniels/crawford
D.Granger/williams
Collison/Ike Diogu
Curry/S.Barek

juss a lil experiment

metrocard

Legend
not sure if it would work or not but id try a sign and trade with seattle...

to seattle
1. nate robinson
2. jared jeffries

to NY
1. rashard lewis

giving us a lineup of

pg- marbury
sg- crawford
sf- lewis
pf- randolph
c- curry

then again theres not enough balls in the league to get these 5 offensive monsters to co-exist, so i dont know... im definatly down to ship out randolph for someone like a KG or a jermaine o'neal. he definatly is good trade bait to get the pacers or t-wolves attention

Lewis is one of the best scoring/shooting SF's in the game...why would Seattle take him for two medicore - below average bench players? Seattle already has 3 Point Guards also. That trade makes no sense.

Lewis/Randolph/Curry would be the worst starting defensive front court in the league. Everything isn't about scoring. Who's going to compliment these guys? Marbury and Crawford? LOL they're about scoring too. Theres very little balance, which makes me feel uncomfortable with the direction Isiah is going.

Toons, that would be a nice trade, but you already know Isiah/Curry love affair. Curry won't be traded from New York unless Isiah is fired.

Players I wouldn't mind see being traded in a heartbeat.

Jefferies
Robinson
Crawford
James
Rose

Players I wouldn't mind see being traded for value; expiring contracts, draft picks or young prospects

Randolph
Richardson
Curry
Marbury

Gotta hold on to these guys
Collins
Nichols
Chandler
Balkman
Lee

All we need in that young core is a PG of the future.

Is anyone else tight about Isiah not drafting Splitter? He would of been a perfect compliment for Curry. A polished experienced defensive big man with a jumpshot and skills on offense. Splitter was top 10 talent. Same with Fernandez, the top SG in the draft. Isiah passed on him too..wtf?

pyotrveliky

Rotation player
im fine with any of these guys being traded but i think isiah likes crawford too much and sees himself in him, so hes the least likely unless its for kobe. balkman would probably be part of a trade, as long as its for a star thats fine by me. i also think randolph will be traded but we have to wait 60 days i believe. as we are over the roster limit im hoping worst case we just cut james or jeffries freeing up time for our productive guys who arent fatasses or anorexic.

theres no way seattle trades lewis for nate and jeffries, other teams would easily top that. they need a big body, so id do randolph or if they want lee instead, lee, and nate and rose if they wanted him. their only real needs are bigs now they they have green and durant. maybe throw balkman in.

id be willing to do artest straight up for randolph if the salaries match, and maybe throw in another player for a draft pick since i dont think theyre making the playoffs anytime soon. randolph and balkman for artest and a 2nd rounder sounds perfect.

im also not opposed to rj or deng for randolph but i doubt nj will pull a trade with us. deng would look good but we still need someone with nice range, im not sure if he fits. jamison does but he has durability issues.

isiah has said many times his goal is to make us a fast break oriented offense, so if you can get a rebounder at pf and finishers at the 2 and 3 it may work. id rather be more of a halfcourt team capable of running breaks than relying on offense to outscore every team, but who knows.

ShairanXIII

Rotation player
Toons... your trade would be unrealistic... Metro... I agree with your assessment of the tradabilitiy of our guys... and I'm shocked that we passed on Splitter (not so much fernandez though) since IT said he wasn't looking for a guy to play right away and Splitter will have to spend another year in Brazil... you know the Spurs never make bad draft choices and this guy will turn out to be yet another cog in the 08 - 09 spurs championship team (they're going home in the second round next year always happens)...

peter the russian... if IT is looking to have a fastbreak team... then he once again has failed to get the personel to carry out his desires... Frye and Francis are better suited to that style of play than Curry/Randolph... we have the roster of a solid half court team... not one that can play uptempo all the time... we lack the rebounders and shooters to make it happen...

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Drafting is one of Thomas's strong points so I would question his pick. Did any one draft Splitter? None issue as far as I'm concerned. Getting Randolph for peanuts was the best move Thomas could have realistically made. Just think, a few months ago everyone thought Francis was untradable and wanted to pay him to leave. We'll have to wait and see how well Randolph and Curry will play together but on paper the Knicks have one of the best low post teams in the league. I only hope that Thomas does try to be careful not to take on too many contracts and add more salary. Defense is still a concern.

Kiyaman

Legend
Will Curry Learn to defend the Paint Area?
Will Zack offer his body on defense for the offensive foul?
Who will Coach Isiah Start at the SF-Position?
1) Q.Rich?
2) Jefferies?
3) Balkman?
4) Lee?
Will Crawford be the Starting SG?
Who will be the Knicks backup SG?
Will Marbury finally start communicating with his teammates?

The Best Knick Lineup I see on this Knick roster happen to be the Bench Players:
C-James (Hard hitting Defense),
PF-Lee (hustle & rebounds),
SF-Balkman (relentless hustle),
SG-Nate (creative scoring),
PG-Collins (passing & Defense).

You can call it what you want, the above lineup have No star scorers, but finds a way to score through their defense, passing abilities, and offensive rebounding, plus wont let the next team stop them from scoring consecutively like they will do to the next team.

The Knicks Starting Lineup this upcomming season will be Players that just filled their STAT-SHEET on their previous team before becoming a Knick:
C-Curry (low post scoring ONLY)
PF-Zack (20-10 with 35 MPG)
SF-Jefferies (is he a Pro?)
SG-Crawford (scoring ONLY)
PG-Marbury (still waiting to see a 20-10 season as a Knick)
Curry, Zack, and Crawford is an automatic 12 Turnovers a game. Especially their first season playing together.
This entire Starting lineup have problems with their "Decision-Making" when forced to pass the Ball to their teammates (Poor Passers).

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
1) Q.Rich?
2) Jefferies?
3) Balkman?
4) Lee?

The Best Knick Lineup I see on this Knick roster happen to be the Bench Players:

You can call it what you want, the above lineup have No star scorers, but finds a way to score through their defense, passing abilities, and offensive rebounding, plus wont let the next team stop them from scoring consecutively like they will do to the next team.

The Knicks Starting Lineup this upcomming season will be Players that just filled their STAT-SHEET on their previous team before becoming a Knick:
Curry, Zack, and Crawford is an automatic 12 Turnovers a game. Especially their first season playing together.
This entire Starting lineup have problems with their "Decision-Making" when forced to pass the Ball to their teammates (Poor Passers).

Don't be a pessimist. For every single good move this team makes there's always some one that sees the glass as half empty. Be for real. Do you mean to tell me that this team was better off with Francis and Frye?

metrocard

Legend
1) Q.Rich?
2) Jefferies?
3) Balkman?
4) Lee?

Agreed, our bench out played our starters for most of the season. We had those big runs, it was mostly thanks to the bench's versitlity and energy they bring. We were always an up tempo TEAM who played defense with the roster you put there.

I would replace Marbury in Nate's place and move Collins to SG, having two good passers at the SG position is good.

Speaking of good passers, Crawford has good passing ability too. I just wished he minimized his turnovers.

ShairanXIII

Rotation player
JJ13, DLee, Balkman, Collins, Nate = the. worst. record. in the NBA. JJ13 would foul out within 12 minutes of play... nate would jack up horrible shots and play no defense, thus forcing burger king and dlee to cover his man of the penetration and pick up cheap fouls... collins would be the world's most ineffective 2 guard... and teams would pack it in on us and dare us to beat them with three pointers and long range 2s...

EC, Randolph, Jeffries, Crawford, Steph = close... but i expect q to start at 3 over jj20... unless that artest deal comes through... everyone agrees that curry and zach need to work on their timing... but passing will be much easier if no one is triple teaming them... if steph, craw, qrich, zach, lee, curry, balkman, collins, etc can hit the open jumpers... we're competitive...

chemistry in the starting lineup is important... but bench chemistry is vital to championship success... lee, balkman and collins off the bench provide a nice change of pace to the starters... and provide the hustle, rebounding and man defense that our starting frontcourt lacks... the only thing that matters is who finishes the game... and if randolph, lee, balkman, crawford and steph close out games for us... i don't see why we need to tinker with our starters...

KOWIE

Rookie
The Randolph trade suggests there is more roster cleaning on the way, as we can all agree that the current team is not complete.

Here are 4 guys I think we will not say in NY next season. Just my opinion though.

Jerome James.
-No one wants this piece of trash, so look for him to get waived. His signing was like the time you hooked up with the fat chick from class. After a few drinks she looked okay, then you woke up and realized "What the hell was I thinking???" Once he's gone, we'll NEVER EVER EVER mention his name again.

Malik Rose.
-If he wasn't getting minutes last season, he won't get seconds this season. Sorry Malik, but its time to retire. Just get it over with.

Jarred Jeffries.
-I just plain don't like him. He took a big shit on Knick lore by wearing number 20.

Nate Robinson.
-He's gona have to take his carnival act someplace else. He's the anti Mugsy Bogues. He'll be good in someplace like Atlanta. Maybe they can get lil kids in the stands with him on the team.

Jamal Crawford.
-Now that Frye and Steve are gone, Jamal is the next tradeable guy we have. I like him, but I think alot of teams do as well. If we make a significant trade, which we might, then Jamal will have to be in the deal.

i think its safe to say these guys are all on alert for the next few weeks.

:update: you know thats 5 names right? :update:

i think james and rose are out....that at least gets the roster to 15 and then we can worry about making some kind of move.

i actually made a thread, but probably could have just put it here....with randolph and curry on the team, we still lack a solid inside defender. since lewis is going to orlando, they will have to release darko outright.....hes never gonna be a stud scorer, but he could def improve the interior defense....maybe even snag gerald wallace...although thats probably not economically feasible.

i dont think crawford is headed anywhere btw....unless we pull off a sign and trade deal with him in a package.