NBA Draft Night Who Came On Top?

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
What teams did a great job yesterday in Trades and drafts? and which teams just disappointed you?

Great Night
NYK, Portland, Seattle.

Bad Night
Charlotte BOBCATS!( I gotta agree with Stephen A Smith on this one they traded away Brandan Wright for Jason Richardson and a pick)
Boston(Ray Allen)
Philly(they passed on to many great players)

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Unfortunately, I think New Jerz had a good night gettin Sean Williams with the 17th pick. Hes gonna help the Nets out down low. The Celtics...Was Danny Ainge on drugs? They got Tony Allen and Gerald Green comin off the bench for Paul Pierce and Ray Allen. I dont see how they needed Ray allen. Tony allen stepped up big until he got hurt and Gerald Green showed a lot of potential. They should've drafted Noah to play alongside Al Jefferson. Plus they gave up a pooint guard who plays great defense, delonte west. Many celtic fans didnt believe he could become a true point guard. Hes not as good of a playmaker as Rondo is, but i believe he could've gotten the job done. I've seen him reject Eddy Currys shot at least twice if not 3 times. They were stupid to give him up. They were also very lucky to get Glen Davis with the 35th pick. Even though Ainge fucked up to keep pierce happy, the Celtics are gonna be a tough team next year, and so are the Nets. The Atlantic division will be much improved next year.

Kiyaman

Legend
In the 2007 Draft there were TWO Teams in the Eastern Conference that did very well and is essential to be in the 2008 Eastern Conference Finals (if some major trades dont take place to stop them).

1) The Chicago Bulls drafted 6.11 C/F-Joakim Noah Winner of two NCAA Championships to become "Big Ben Wallace" Student for the next three seasons.
Ben Wallace will teach Noah how to be his backup and how to play alongside of him when the oposition competition is Big on scoring & rebounding.
This makes the Chicago Bulls the Team to Beat in the Eastern Conference because the "PF-Tyrus & SF-Deng" has been comming together slowly on being a tandem for the Bulls 1 and 2 option in scoring, while Ben Gordon & Hinrich take a backseat in the first three quarters of the game as the third option to score. So great pick-up in this draft for the Chicago Bulls.

2) The New Jersey Nets drafted 6.10 C/F-Sean Williams to add help in the defense department and rebound figurously on both boards. Which will not be a problem when on the court with the Nets BIG-Body Collins blocking 3-oponents out of the paint. Unless Jason Kidd want to break his own season record on the Tripple-Doubles this upcomming season. With the return of Kristic, and another well performance from Mikki Moore this upcomming season and the use of Sean Williams here and there takes alot of pressure off of "Jefferson & Carter" and a load of pressure off of there second season players "Marcus & Boone", this Nets roster will freelance through the regular season, I forgot the other Nets PF name who showed alot of promise his first season with the Nets.

So far after the draft these two teams above (Bulls & Nets) show promise to be in the Eastern Conference FINALS.

Dont we Knick-Fans wish our Knick Team was easy to read like the two teams above. But it is not because of Isiah Thomas crazy trades, and his crazy poor coaching without any reasonable rotation or starting 5-unit.
Isiah Thomas just traded for another player (Zack Randolph) that will claim injury status if he is not a starter with plenty of playingtime and the the first or second scoring option on this Knick team.

David Lee performance on both sides of the court still proves to be the BEST MVP on this Knick Roster, way above Marbury, Curry, and Zack. <!-- google_ad_section_end --><!-- / message -->

Toons

is the Bo$$
In the 2007 Draft there were TWO Teams in the Eastern Conference that did very well and is essential to be in the 2008 Eastern Conference Finals (if some major trades dont take place to stop them).

1) The Chicago Bulls drafted 6.11 C/F-Joakim Noah Winner of two NCAA Championships to become "Big Ben Wallace" Student for the next three seasons.
Ben Wallace will teach Noah how to be his backup and how to play alongside of him when the oposition competition is Big on scoring & rebounding.
This makes the Chicago Bulls the Team to Beat in the Eastern Conference because the "PF-Tyrus & SF-Deng" has been comming together slowly on being a tandem for the Bulls 1 and 2 option in scoring, while Ben Gordon & Hinrich take a backseat in the first three quarters of the game as the third option to score. So great pick-up in this draft for the Chicago Bulls.

2) The New Jersey Nets drafted 6.10 C/F-Sean Williams to add help in the defense department and rebound figurously on both boards. Which will not be a problem when on the court with the Nets BIG-Body Collins blocking 3-oponents out of the paint. Unless Jason Kidd want to break his own season record on the Tripple-Doubles this upcomming season. With the return of Kristic, and another well performance from Mikki Moore this upcomming season and the use of Sean Williams here and there takes alot of pressure off of "Jefferson & Carter" and a load of pressure off of there second season players "Marcus & Boone", this Nets roster will freelance through the regular season, I forgot the other Nets PF name who showed alot of promise his first season with the Nets.

So far after the draft these two teams above (Bulls & Nets) show promise to be in the Eastern Conference FINALS.

Dont we Knick-Fans wish our Knick Team was easy to read like the two teams above. But it is not because of Isiah Thomas crazy trades, and his crazy poor coaching without any reasonable rotation or starting 5-unit.
Isiah Thomas just traded for another player (Zack Randolph) that will claim injury status if he is not a starter with plenty of playingtime and the the first or second scoring option on this Knick team.

David Lee performance on both sides of the court still proves to be the BEST MVP on this Knick Roster, way above Marbury, Curry, and Zack. <!-- google_ad_section_end --><!-- / message -->

so....are you saying that it was a bad trade?

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player
so....are you saying that it was a bad trade?

Well if he doesn't say it, I'm saying it. IT WAS A CRAP TRADE!! There is no way the Knicks came out anywhere on top after this draft. They drafted Chandler, who's the same kind of player Balkman is, The traded for Randolph ho's the same kind of player Curry is. How does this equate to a good night. The only way this could be counted as a good night for the Knicks is if they are able to trade Randolph in the near future for a NEED. If they decide to start the season with Randolph at the 4. it will be a long hard season for the Knicks. The knicks in my opinion had a crappy night. Unfortunately, the Nets did not.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez

damn u quick to critisize isiah, maybe he didnt have a set rotation because of injuries

metrocard

Legend
I thought Portland did a great job. Fernandez is a steal too.

Spurs had the best draft at their position. Tiago Splitter and Marcus Williams? They filled in their need at C, SF. Don't expect the Spurs dynasty to die out, their organization knows how to steal talent in the late round.

KnicksFan4Realz

Benchwarmer
I would have rather the KNICKS taken Alando Tucker as opposed to Wilson Chanderl....Tucker seemed like a much more polished player, accomplished more, and have a far far more consistent jumper than this Chandler kid....

And he was there for the taking with the 23rd pick...Phoneix took him....

We f'd up the draft again.

pyotrveliky

Rotation player
tucker has a good midrange game but we ned more of a outside threat. morris almond was the only one who fit the bill but our second pick is a good shooter. we really didnt have many needs...just a 3 which i hope we will address in a trade for kobe or lewis. the draft itself id give a b- or c, but the trade a b+ or so. i dont think chicago really needed noah, they need a big guy with a little bit of range. he wont hurt them or anything but they cant play him and ben at the same time cuz neither has a jump shot. i like the spurs' move. the nets im not sure....if williams hangs out with uncle spliffy too much he may get sidetracked. with the celtics, if allen is productive and healthy it may not be so terrible but if it backfires ainge is gonna get hell....west was pretty good as a combo guard and i think green will be great and could have fit in fine with boston, or they could have just kept li instead. either way....i think phoenix crapped it again...tucker may be a good fit but hell only be coming off the bench anyway. they could have used a shooter at the 2 or 3 more.

ShairanXIII

Rotation player
i didn't really like our draft especially since splitter was out there... the only other guy i woulda prefered was the italian dude who was already gone... in the trade... we shipped out our malcontent steve francis and frye who i liked... for a proved 20 + 10 guy... if curry was 20 and 10... no one would be trying to trade him...

Kiyaman

Legend
Truth is the Knicks draft night says they still have to pull off another Blockbuster trade before this offseason is over to compliment the "NO-Defense & NO-Passing abilty" Eddy Curry & Zack Randolph in their "STARTING" frontcourt. Or do the Knicks have the right SF-player that will compliment both Curry & Zack for 25 Minutes plus Start each game with them?
Who will the Knicks Start at the SF position?
A) Q.Richardson (sore back)?
B) Jefferies (weak defense & no rebounds)?
C) Lee (whom earned Startership on this team)?
D) Balkman (who can give the 6th Man award a run for the money)?
E) Or do the Knicks go after Ron Artest and give up some more young-players?

The Knicks will show some great promise in 6.6 PG-Collins off the bench next season for 18 to 20 MPG backing up Marbury.
And the Knicks is going to need all of his 6.6 Fram on defense for oponents Raye Allen, Carter, Pierce, Kidd, and T.J. Ford in the Atlantic Division alone.
Nate only have to transfer his Nate/Crawford backcourt skillz into a Nate/Collins Backcourt this way his quick permeter shooting can be a Knick threat.
So another trade this offseason, which is likely to happen knowing Isiah, it will involve one of the Knicks best young players (Lee, Balkman, Collins, or Nate).

KOWIE

Rookie
portland won bigtime.....they got oden, and added frye (who will be a better player playing alongside him.....plus they made some solid moves.....they are much better now then at the end of the season.

KOWIE

Rookie
Truth is the Knicks draft night says they still have to pull off another Blockbuster trade before this offseason is over to compliment the "NO-Defense & NO-Passing abilty" Eddy Curry & Zack Randolph in their "STARTING" frontcourt. Or do the Knicks have the right SF-player that will compliment both Curry & Zack for 25 Minutes plus Start each game with them?
Who will the Knicks Start at the SF position?
A) Q.Richardson (sore back)?
B) Jefferies (weak defense & no rebounds)?
C) Lee (whom earned Startership on this team)?
D) Balkman (who can give the 6th Man award a run for the money)?
E) Or do the Knicks go after Ron Artest and give up some more young-players?

The Knicks will show some great promise in 6.6 PG-Collins off the bench next season for 18 to 20 MPG backing up Marbury.
And the Knicks is going to need all of his 6.6 Fram on defense for oponents Raye Allen, Carter, Pierce, Kidd, and T.J. Ford in the Atlantic Division alone.
Nate only have to transfer his Nate/Crawford backcourt skillz into a Nate/Collins Backcourt this way his quick permeter shooting can be a Knick threat.
So another trade this offseason, which is likely to happen knowing Isiah, it will involve one of the Knicks best young players (Lee, Balkman, Collins, or Nate).

they better not trade lee.....

ShairanXIII

Rotation player
i don't think IT is gonna trade Lee unless it brings in kobe or steph... he covets lee and has refused to include him in other trades...