Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trade Marbury

I can see that Marbury is getting better at the team game concept. He had a really solid year and produced when they most needed it. The Knicks shouldn't even entertain trading Marbury at this point. He is familiar with his teammates now and at this point will do whatever is needed to win.

The only past first point guards in the league are:

Nash, Kidd, Paul, Derron Williams

Next season, keep waiting donchris's Avatar

Nyk Logo

Some of you should get a license to post. Why would you even entertain trading a player that is performing well? There is no logic in trading Marbury. We're not arguing about his potential like we do with Curry. Marbury is a proven PG and knows the offense of the team. Not to mention that he can score if all else fails. Here are the guys that should be dangled in trades:

Jeffries
    Richardson
    Crawford
    James- If you can sell him
    Robinson
    Jones
    Dickau
    and Rose

Brevin Knight is a pass first point guard as well. However, I think Marbury will end his career as a Knick. I think he knows he made enough money to be okay. As well, he'll give the team the hometown discount to stay. He'll get in my estimation, a 3 deal from 15-21 Mil. to wrap things up as a Knick.

Originally Posted by dr.carpy
    Brevin Knight is a pass first point guard as well. However, I think Marbury will end his career as a Knick. I think he knows he made enough money to be okay. As well, he'll give the team the hometown discount to stay. He'll get in my estimation, a 3 deal from 15-21 Mil. to wrap things up as a Knick.

thats some discount! considering garnett will earn 28 mil (yeah, thats twenty-eight) 21 mil for marbury is complete robbery. i like steph, but giving him a contract like that will only add to the cap count....hes made enough to be okay???? hes earned enough for 10 lifetimes.....

we need to keep getting younger, and add players that will not only compliment the roster, but offset some of the negatives....like, i dont know....perimeter and interior defense.....

the knicks need to find someone who can d up against the better post players and someone who can stick to a teams best guard like glue. those 2 things are the biggest weaknesses on the team. does anyone remember when dallas score 110 a night and still lost?

ummmm.... did you guys watch any knicks games last year? before collins became the go to defender... marbury guarded the elite scorers on opposing teams when the game was close and clock was low... he forced joe johnson (6'8) into a bad baseline jumper to beat the Hawks... forced kobe (6'6) into a bad one that give us the W against mamba and LA... there are more... those are the ones i feel like typing though...

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by ShairanXIII
    ummmm.... did you guys watch any knicks games last year? before collins became the go to defender... marbury guarded the elite scorers on opposing teams when the game was close and clock was low... he forced joe johnson (6'8) into a bad baseline jumper to beat the Hawks... forced kobe (6'6) into a bad one that give us the W against mamba and LA... there are more... those are the ones i feel like typing though...
    Exactly, you don't need to type it. Marbury gave us great efforts on the defensive end in 06-07.

I think after all his boys around the league are playing in the playoffs steph wants to get there, he stepped up his D and PG skills and should benefit from that this year.
    He still has the ability to put 35 if we need it like when jamal went down. I do hope that we give mardy some time to develop and give steph enuff time to rest and not burn out and get hurt at the end of the year as its been the past few.
    Ive been thinking about it and i think it may be a good idea to start mardy and have steph at the 2 position. mardy is good defender and played well with steph when jamal went down. Jamal was too inconsistant and altho very clutch, did well when hes been the 6th man.
    Jamal isnt a good perimeter defender and if we can have a good perimeter D that will help our curry and zach down low.

^true indeed... people need to watch the games themselves before jumping to ridiculous conclusions about steph based on what they (don't) hear on ESPN...

I dont want Marbury to go but Isiah pulls the cord on that then I would like someone who will bring us some wins. Or atleast someone with experience. Maybe Nash or T.J. Ford

for all that say **** Zack Randolph..**** YOU!!!..They made the riight choice considering the directions they wanna move in.Frye was good but was not meeting standards. The knicks are just missing a crucial peice,maybe a artest like guy , just someone who can really play D and give us that mason,oakley like hardness...I dont wanna hear about his history or zacks history, sprewell came over after chocking the **** out that biotch and Ny really changed his career for the better, too bad he thought millions of dollars wasnt good enought to feed his fam..

Totally agree. Steph's defense last season was probably the best of his career. Also remember, he did it all with a knee that was not at %100.

I admit, the Knicks were one of the worst defensive teams but they had a few players that worked hard on defense night in and out.

Balkman
    Steph
    Quentin
    Rose

Originally Posted by infamouz585
    for all that say **** Zack Randolph..**** YOU!!!..They made the riight choice considering the directions they wanna move in.Frye was good but was not meeting standards. The knicks are just missing a crucial peice,maybe a artest like guy , just someone who can really play D and give us that mason,oakley like hardness...I dont wanna hear about his history or zacks history, sprewell came over after chocking the **** out that biotch and Ny really changed his career for the better, too bad he thought millions of dollars wasnt good enought to feed his fam..
    The Knicks were Spree's second chance... the Knicks are Zach's second chance... The Pacers were Ronny's first... The Kings were his second... Do we really need to see it a third time? This guys is the TO of basketball at this point... let him **** up someone else's franchise...

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

The Knicks were Spree's second chance... the Knicks are Zach's second chance... The Pacers were Ronny's first... The Kings were his second... Do we really need to see it a third time? This guys is the TO of basketball at this point... let him **** up someone else's franchise...
    Randolph has never been to the playoffs, Artest would be the best foward on the Knicks and huge upgrade defensively. Artest deserves a chance, he's willing to play in New York more than anything. Sacramento is a boring city, same for Indiana. Artest just needs to be home. We're already ****ed up, theres NO risk trading for Artest, NONE.