Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Making a run at Artest???

Originally Posted by lilman_bklyn
    "**** the Zach Randolph Trade"
    Gerald Wallace is what Balkman will be in a few years. Ron Artest is someone that can fit the bill until Balkman can take over the reigns. People can say everything they want in regards to his off the court issues, but as has been eluded to already, everyone has skeletons in their closets. As far as Artest letting his off the court issues affect his play, i'm sorry I didn't catch that one. When did his OFF THE COURT issues affect his play on the court?
    Looking at the infractions that Artest has had on the court, only the Detroit fight was truly f'd up. THe flagrant fouls and mouthing off at oppossing coaches and the like are things that only the New NBA frowns upon. I personally love that ****. 'OH you think you coming and dunking on me... how bout i throw your azz to the floor' thats the kind of thinking I want the Knicks to have. Yea a flagrant but the balls are hanging through the shorts and onto the court dragging as Artest and the rest of the Knicks jog back up the court.
    The knicks will need someone who can spark a fire not only onto himself but the rest of the team... Artest could be that individual
    i'm not complaining about the flagrants or running his mouth or showing his emotions... he's certainly more under control than rasheed has been during his career... and that kind of fire IS what the knicks need... but i'll put it this way... when was the last time Kidd, Rasheed, **** even Kobe gets publicly supported...

the kings imploded this season since ronny didn't respect the coach or his teammates... and again... I ask you... if jermaine o'neal and stephen jackson... the two guys who went to war for him on that pacer's squad... could come out and say that he was bad for the team... then what's going to stop guys without as much loyalty to him (curry, lee, randolph, etc) from distancing themselves from him when **** gets rough? even when LB was here... some players hated him (steph, EC) and others didn't mind playing under him (DLee, Crawford)... but they still respected each other... if the players don't respect artest... he could tear apart our locker room...

Superstar

Originally Posted by ShairanXIII
    i'm not complaining about the flagrants or running his mouth or showing his emotions... he's certainly more under control than rasheed has been during his career... and that kind of fire IS what the knicks need... but i'll put it this way... when was the last time Kidd, Rasheed, **** even Kobe gets publicly supported...
    the kings imploded this season since ronny didn't respect the coach or his teammates... and again... I ask you... if jermaine o'neal and stephen jackson... the two guys who went to war for him on that pacer's squad... could come out and say that he was bad for the team... then what's going to stop guys without as much loyalty to him (curry, lee, randolph, etc) from distancing themselves from him when **** gets rough? even when LB was here... some players hated him (steph, EC) and others didn't mind playing under him (DLee, Crawford)... but they still respected each other... if the players don't respect artest... he could tear apart our locker room...
    I didn't follow the Kings this season that closely to know what happened out there, if you did, that's great I would holpe that you could provide us with further details of the Artest barage on his teamates and coaches. However, what I did follow, was Artest after he was traded from the Pacers to the Kings. What I did see then was a Kings team which wasn't doing DICK and Artest came and revived that team to the point where it took the Spurs to 6 games. the defense the offense everything was working those months when he was there. I remember that...

Y'all need to stop with this about how bad Artest will be on the younger players. Boo-****ing hoo. These are not children, these are young MEN. GROWN MEN. They get paid to play a CHILDRENS game, and make more money in one season that most folks on here will make in a lifetime. Every man is responsible for his OWN ACTIONS and HIS OWN CHOICES. Simply put. You decide to do some dumb **** o well, man up and deal with the consequences. These guys are not idiots, they may just happen to do some dumb ****. If seeing him get suspended landing in jail...is not already a wake up call enough...then they deserve what happens to them plain and simple.

Ron Artest will make this team better DEFENSIVELY something we have been lacking the few years...at least the last 5 years. He will bring someone who can score from the perimeter as well.

Veteran

Nyk Logo

Gerald Wallace is what Balkman will be in a few years. Ron Artest is someone that can fit the bill until Balkman can take over the reigns. People can say everything they want in regards to his off the court issues, but as has been eluded to already, everyone has skeletons in their closets. As far as Artest letting his off the court issues affect his play, i'm sorry I didn't catch that one. When did his OFF THE COURT issues affect his play on the court?
    Looking at the infractions that Artest has had on the court, only the Detroit fight was truly f'd up. THe flagrant fouls and mouthing off at oppossing coaches and the like are things that only the New NBA frowns upon. I personally love that ****. 'OH you think you coming and dunking on me... how bout i throw your azz to the floor' thats the kind of thinking I want the Knicks to have. Yea a flagrant but the balls are hanging through the shorts and onto the court dragging as Artest and the rest of the Knicks jog back up the court.
    The knicks will need someone who can spark a fire not only onto himself but the rest of the team... Artest could be that individual

Artest is that MAN!
    He will give you relentless Defense, 12 or more points, 3 to 5 assists, 5 to 10 rebounds, and that energy-boost of Sprewell that gets his teammates energize for the next play. Artest is POLISHED at the SF spot! and SF-Balkman is his Backup that will learn quickly to do the same thing.

I dont have NO-Confidence in PF-Zack Randolph (yet) in a Knick uniform.
    But I have High Confidence in PF-David Lee superb consistent performance with any Knick Teammate on the court with him.
    Plus after Zack and Lee the only PF the Knicks have is Rookie Randolph Morris. Breaking in two PF (Zack & Morris) this season is enough.

It should be written "Knick-Fans want Ron Artest with David Lee & Renaldo Balkman on the same roster"...

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    Artest is that MAN!
    He will give you relentless Defense, 12 or more points, 3 to 5 assists, 5 to 10 rebounds, and that energy-boost of Sprewell that gets his teammates energize for the next play. Artest is POLISHED at the SF spot! and SF-Balkman is his Backup that will learn quickly to do the same thing.

I dont have NO-Confidence in PF-Zack Randolph (yet) in a Knick uniform.
    But I have High Confidence in PF-David Lee superb consistent performance with any Knick Teammate on the court with him.
    Plus after Zack and Lee the only PF the Knicks have is Rookie Randolph Morris. Breaking in two PF (Zack & Morris) this season is enough.

It should be written "Knick-Fans want Ron Artest with David Lee & Renaldo Balkman on the same roster"...
    Couldn't agree anymore. Collins/Artest/Balkman/Lee is straight up a hustle squad that would be fun to watch on the court.

I didn't follow the Kings this season that closely to know what happened out there, if you did, that's great I would holpe that you could provide us with further details of the Artest barage on his teamates and coaches. However, what I did follow, was Artest after he was traded from the Pacers to the Kings. What I did see then was a Kings team which wasn't doing DICK and Artest came and revived that team to the point where it took the Spurs to 6 games. the defense the offense everything was working those months when he was there. I remember that...
    I remember it too... and if that's the Ron we get... I would be happy if the guy can spark a 14 - 5 run and energize us the same way... the problem is... that same off season... Ron was mad that Wells and Adleman were gone... then... during the year... he clashed with bibby cuz Ron wanted to be featured more prominently on offense (despite their better record with Bibby as scoring leader) and clashed with Musselman (a ****ty coach anyway)...

what happens if we bring ron in and he's not happy with EC and Randolph getting the majority of shots? or if he can't see eye-to-eye with IT's coaching decisions...

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by ShairanXIII
    I remember it too... and if that's the Ron we get... I would be happy if the guy can spark a 14 - 5 run and energize us the same way... the problem is... that same off season... Ron was mad that Wells and Adleman were gone... then... during the year... he clashed with bibby cuz Ron wanted to be featured more prominently on offense (despite their better record with Bibby as scoring leader) and clashed with Musselman (a ****ty coach anyway)...

what happens if we bring ron in and he's not happy with EC and Randolph getting the majority of shots? or if he can't see eye-to-eye with IT's coaching decisions...
    Ron and Isiah are cool people, Isiah has handle Ron Artest before, so it won't be a problem.

Artest is pissed that the knicks wont trade lee or balkman for him and says he will stay on sacramento

Nyk Logo Failing the ar-test

As a player Ron Artest could be a great addition. Right now, he is a better player than Lee or Balkman. Right now. But where is his upside? When was the last time he had a better year than the previous one? Four years, five years ago?

The moment he opens his mouth and claims to be Sacremento's franchise player and in the same category as Kobe, McGrady, and Lebron; it becomes obvious why the Knicks should pass unless they can get him for nothing.

Self-assurance is desirable; delusions of grandeur are not. Artest was not even a consistent starter in Sacremento. Get real.

He claims that "other things have derailed him". Those other things are Ron Artest. Until there is some evidence that Ron Artest is a man, that is: that he takes responsibility for himself and his choices, then he is just a fool child with potential. End of story.

Veteran

Originally Posted by nixon7
    As a player Ron Artest could be a great addition. Right now, he is a better player than Lee or Balkman. Right now. But where is his upside? When was the last time he had a better year than the previous one? Four years, five years ago?
    i guess u can say the same thing about duncan and a host of others..

i look at it as simple as is artest a better player then lee/renaldo ..now... imo, the answer is yes..

if (a big if i agree) curry,zach,artest,starbury,crawford play together, it looks on paper like a damn fine team...

I really do not want Artest to come to NY. As a player, he is a good fit for us. But as a person, he just have to big of a ego for the Knicks to handle.

Originally Posted by metrocard
    ^ Well written post.

but, Nate Robinson and Randolph?

Artest = Rasheed transformation...stop hating on my dude. Artest belongs in New York. We're a team full of pussies, we need some hardcore dudes like Artest...lol you act like he's going to sell drugs to our youngins...calm the **** down everyone. Artest isn't as bad as the media protrays him. He's not a thug, or a bad guy. He's a great all star NBA player with amazing defense. We need ARTEST.

We need Artest more than we neeed Randolph, Curry or Crawford. He's the missing piece to New York.
    Well said! We need a team like we had in the 90's teams did not want to play the knicks because of there defense and hardcore over all game! The pat riley Knicks REMEBER?