Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Making a run at Artest???

Since when does a guy's personal life have anything to do with basketball? Anthony Mason as I recall got into tons of ****ing trouble in and around NYC...yet people especially KNICK fans love him. Patrick Ewing frequented strip clubs constantly...Lawrence Taylor had drug problems coming out the ass..so did Micheal Ray Richardson......just saying it's really kind of half assed to judge a man passed of a few mistakes in his personal life. He made a mistake damn, let's not re-live it.

Domestic Violence is easy to get into, these days you just verbally argue loud enough with your woman that can be construed as domestic violence. Did it say he constantly abused her? NO. He hit her once....to be blunt that could be any man on this site one time after she pushes too many of your buttons after an very very difficult day..not saying he should have hit her...but **** happens..plain and simple.

I don't see a difference between a man hitting a woman, or a woman constantly slapping the face of a man which by the way seems to be perfectly acceptable in society...but the other way around..seems to cause the most havoc with people's personal opinions. I say if it's socially acceptable for her to hit him, the reverse must hold true. End of story, we are supposed to be equals now...let women grow the **** up. You hit him, and he has more power and a better shot..should hit someone in your own weight class it's that simple. No one should be allowed to hit anyone at all for any reason period. But most men become pussies because it's a woman...and for no other reason deem it to be wrong, then we wonder why there is no full on equality.

But anyway...I would trade for him just not David Lee.

Go 1990s New York Knicks! nyKnicks126's Avatar

Okay Ignore my other thread then. Sorry I forget about this one

Lee for Artest is what the rumor is I rather have Lee.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Next season, keep waiting donchris's Avatar

Nyk Logo

Originally Posted by metrocard
    ^ Well written post.

but, Nate Robinson and Randolph?

Artest = Rasheed transformation...stop hating on my dude. Artest belongs in New York. We're a team full of pussies, we need some hardcore dudes like Artest...lol you act like he's going to sell drugs to our youngins...calm the **** down everyone. Artest isn't as bad as the media protrays him. He's not a thug, or a bad guy. He's a great all star NBA player with amazing defense. We need ARTEST.

We need Artest more than we neeed Randolph, Curry or Crawford. He's the missing piece to New York.
    I agree 100%. Artest has issues, no doubt but he respects Thomas and he wants to play in NY. We all haven't agreed on this in the past but this team respects Thomas and allot of them owe him for taking a chance on them. Curry knows that Thomas gave up allot to get him here and Randolph knows that Thomas has faith in him when not many other people did. The same goes for Marbury and Balkman. This is why I'm for Artest coming to NY. All of these guys will play hard for them and I don't think chemistry will be a problem. It would make for the perfect casts. The rebuilding process will be complete.
    Happy 4th I'm going to get something to eat.

I would rather geranld wallace than artest...

Originally Posted by knicklover
    I'm willing to take a chance on Randolph not upsetting the team chemistry with his behavior because he's young, could still mature, and Isiah is pretty good with players with this kind of issue. However, if the Knicks sign Artest I'm throwing in the towel for the next few seasons. Artest may be a great talent, but he's a proven idiot and will destroy the Knicks. We do need some defensive help and outside shooting, but I'd rather have a decent team team this year and continue to improve the young players over time than screw everything up for a few years with a guy like Artest.

exactly how can the knicks get much worse? the last 2 years havent been mediocre, let alone anything near respectable.....we should have drafted him out of st johnsto begin with....hes a knucklehead, but who knows what happens when you dont get trapped in indiana for years on end....

Originally Posted by ShairanXIII
    if artest can calm the **** down then yeah... i say bring him in... personally... i don't respect a man that hits women... that's not my thing... artest has been accused (this season) of domestic abuse and animal cruelty (not that i give a **** about animal rights either)... add that to his history of trouble making i dunno... hopefully this off season works out and we're the surprise champs in 08... but i really don't wanna see artest **** up our chemistry with some insane blowout... remember how close the pacers were until he lost it?
    Look away from the court the dude has some issues, but J Kidd has hit his wife, and Kobe cheated on his, and who knows how many other non reported cases there are in the NBA. What these men do off the court is between them and God, now I see the concern that possibly the off the court problems results in bad examples for the young players, as well suspensions and such. But one thing you have to give IT credit for is being street, and being able to relate to players from the street ( Steph, Tinsley, Q, etc.) and serving as a mentor. I think IT will talk to Ron before the trade is made and let him know what is expected oh him, and again think that Ron has enough respect for NY not to embarass us, he knows he can't pull that taking time off thing like he did in Indy cause Knicks fans will approach him. But w/ that all said the deal breaker for me will be parting w/ D. Lee, if the Kings insist on him then I wait to see if he is really serious about opting out to join the Knicks next year.

Default Artest for Lee? NO WAY JOSE

I agree getting Artest would be HUGE, and give the Knicks one of the meanest front courts in the NBA, but giving up David Lee, who is just coming into his own, is just not worth it. Who's to say DLee won't become a monster unto himself? Jeffries, Nate, Rose, Morris for Artest = OK.

Thanks ShairanXIII for confirming what I've said previously about Artest Vs Wallace. I believe the same thing . If Artest was coachable, he'd be Gerald Wallace. Wallace put up stat stuffing numbers on the Bobcats. With Okafor and May constantly injured, Wallace has been the only bright spot on that roster. The numbers don't lie. When compared to Artest he is ahead. Why would the Knicks would want to babysit another adult (Zach may need this service) is beyond me. Wallace has zero concerns about him. With his style of play, he would probably add 2 more assists a game with Curry and Randolph down low. Balkman is deloping his outside shot. He is working out at

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

He and Jared Jefferies are there together. The fact remains I can't wait for summer league to see what they've achieved.

However, with Artest, I personally think that ship has sailed. To try and bring him in would be difficult.

Originally Posted by Isiah's Advocate 33
    Look away from the court the dude has some issues, but J Kidd has hit his wife, and Kobe cheated on his, and who knows how many other non reported cases there are in the NBA. What these men do off the court is between them and God, now I see the concern that possibly the off the court problems results in bad examples for the young players, as well suspensions and such. But one thing you have to give IT credit for is being street, and being able to relate to players from the street ( Steph, Tinsley, Q, etc.) and serving as a mentor. I think IT will talk to Ron before the trade is made and let him know what is expected oh him, and again think that Ron has enough respect for NY not to embarass us, he knows he can't pull that taking time off thing like he did in Indy cause Knicks fans will approach him. But w/ that all said the deal breaker for me will be parting w/ D. Lee, if the Kings insist on him then I wait to see if he is really serious about opting out to join the Knicks next year.

he doesnt have enough respect for himself or his mother to not embarass either....

Originally Posted by KnicksFan4Realz
    Since when does a guy's personal life have anything to do with basketball? Anthony Mason as I recall got into tons of ****ing trouble in and around NYC...yet people especially KNICK fans love him. Patrick Ewing frequented strip clubs constantly...Lawrence Taylor had drug problems coming out the ass..so did Micheal Ray Richardson......just saying it's really kind of half assed to judge a man passed of a few mistakes in his personal life. He made a mistake damn, let's not re-live it.

But anyway...I would trade for him just not David Lee.
    the difference between everyone else you mentioned except for Michael Ray... none of their problems affected their play on the court... again... I love Ron Ron and hope he can be successful... but his history says otherwise...

Originally Posted by Isiah's Advocate 33
    the main concern is that his off the court issues affect his on the court issues and turn the team against each other... remember JO... who was once his defender finally cracked and said that ron didn't care about his team? while stephen jackson was supporting him...

let's not get caught up in artest's immense talent when gerald wallace is available... younger... and doesn't have any head problems...

Superstar

problem is gerald is a FA and we dont have cap room, while ron we can trade for now. if he comes as a FA hed have to take the mle pretty much, i can see him doing that i guess but finances are an issue. i think a trade with jeffries or rose and a youngster is doable as long as lee or balkman arent thrown in.

Originally Posted by ShairanXIII
    the difference between everyone else you mentioned except for Michael Ray... none of their problems affected their play on the court... again... I love Ron Ron and hope he can be successful... but his history says otherwise...

the main concern is that his off the court issues affect his on the court issues and turn the team against each other... remember JO... who was once his defender finally cracked and said that ron didn't care about his team? while stephen jackson was supporting him...

let's not get caught up in artest's immense talent when gerald wallace is available... younger... and doesn't have any head problems...
    I haven't followed G Wallace too much, but I know he can score, but if ya'll are right about his D being as good as Artest then we should persue, but it would probably require more to land him, and he'll have a longer contract, and we must be leary of players who excell in their contract year ie. Jerome James, Erik Dampeir, etc. But if Wallace is the truth let's get him.

Originally Posted by pyotrveliky
    problem is gerald is a FA and we dont have cap room, while ron we can trade for now. if he comes as a FA hed have to take the mle pretty much, i can see him doing that i guess but finances are an issue. i think a trade with jeffries or rose and a youngster is doable as long as lee or balkman arent thrown in.
    we can try a sign and trade... or give him the mle... not much money out there with orlando signing lewis... unless he signs in milwaukee to play alongside a racist...

Superstar

"Screw the Zach Randolph Trade"
    Gerald Wallace is what Balkman will be in a few years. Ron Artest is someone that can fit the bill until Balkman can take over the reigns. People can say everything they want in regards to his off the court issues, but as has been eluded to already, everyone has skeletons in their closets. As far as Artest letting his off the court issues affect his play, i'm sorry I didn't catch that one. When did his OFF THE COURT issues affect his play on the court?
    Looking at the infractions that Artest has had on the court, only the Detroit fight was truly f'd up. THe flagrant fouls and mouthing off at oppossing coaches and the like are things that only the New NBA frowns upon. I personally love that ****. 'OH you think you coming and dunking on me... how bout i throw your azz to the floor' thats the kind of thinking I want the Knicks to have. Yea a flagrant but the balls are hanging through the shorts and onto the court dragging as Artest and the rest of the Knicks jog back up the court.
    The knicks will need someone who can spark a fire not only onto himself but the rest of the team... Artest could be that individual
    Last edited by Trin_Starr; Jul 09, 2007 at 17:20. Reason: Overly excessive language

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by lilman_bklyn
    "**** the Zach Randolph Trade"
    Gerald Wallace is what Balkman will be in a few years. Ron Artest is someone that can fit the bill until Balkman can take over the reigns. People can say everything they want in regards to his off the court issues, but as has been eluded to already, everyone has skeletons in their closets. As far as Artest letting his off the court issues affect his play, i'm sorry I didn't catch that one. When did his OFF THE COURT issues affect his play on the court?
    Looking at the infractions that Artest has had on the court, only the Detroit fight was truly f'd up. THe flagrant fouls and mouthing off at oppossing coaches and the like are things that only the New NBA frowns upon. I personally love that ****. 'OH you think you coming and dunking on me... how bout i throw your azz to the floor' thats the kind of thinking I want the Knicks to have. Yea a flagrant but the balls are hanging through the shorts and onto the court dragging as Artest and the rest of the Knicks jog back up the court.
    The knicks will need someone who can spark a fire not only onto himself but the rest of the team... Artest could be that individual
    Lilman is on fire with his post. I'm accually the Randolph trade happend, good to see you finally see the light.