Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 29

Thread: Why does evryone think Randolph Dosent Fit??

  1. #1
    Hannibal Lecter TR1LL10N's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Dark side of the Moon
    Posts
    2,743
    Rep Power
    12

    Default Why does evryone think Randolph Dosent Fit??

    The media is claiming that Curry and Randolph are basically the same player...I disagree..

    Randolph rebounds way better than Curry and has a solid midrange game. He can face up to the basket and penetrate from either block. He also has a decent 3 point shot and is a lefty.

    So he can also score with his back to the basket like curry and yes they both cant block a shot..other than that they are diffenrent players and will compliment eachother.

    I envision Curry drwaing the double and kicking it to Randolph for the midrange...if they dont double Curry its pretty much automatic 2 points.

    (Having two players who average more than 10 rebounds a game is also a plus (Lee, Randolph))

    Well thats my take on the Knicks current roster..I think Isiah has another big trade in the works without moving any of our newly formed core.

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    403
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    I think people are worried about defense, speed, turnovers, and the middle being clogged up since they both like the low post and Steph likes to drive.

    It's up to Isiah to work out an offensive scheme and get the players to execute well.

    However, if the stories about Randolph's defense being bad are true (I haven't seen enough of him), then I do think the Knicks are going to have some serious defense and turnover issues even if the offensive scheme works. Unfortunately, if was defense and turnovers that cost us most of those close games last year.

    Either Curry/Randolph are going to have to learn how to catch/pass better and play some defense or the Knicks are still going to have some problems.

    We should keep in mind that a lot of other teams got better also!!!!

  3. #3
    Your Best Bet is B Ez datruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    new york
    Posts
    1,553
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    i mean remember last season that the interior defense wasnt that bad, last season the real problem was the 3 point shooting the knicks allowed and anyway the knicks gave away frye, its not like the knicks defense got worst

  4. #4
    Member GiantsKnickFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    104
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    The thing is that since zach plays in portland, he doenst get much coverage and when these "experts" - analyts and commentators that almost know nothing about basketball say hes a low post scorer like curry, everyone thinks its a written on conctrete.
    Zachs offensive game has very few holes, he can do jus about anything any PF can do to be effective.
    I expect him to do very well this year and show fans how the PF position is played. At least on the offensive end anyway

  5. #5
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    The only simple problem I see, if we do acquire Artest.

    Marbury(1st/2nd option mentality)
    Crawford(1st option mentality)
    Artest(1st/2nd option mentality)
    Randolph/1st option mentality
    Curry(1st option mentality)

    My suggestion?


    Don't over feed Curry.

    All we need from Curry is 15-17 ppg. We need 7 rebs and a blk. Average defense AT LEAST. Thats good enough to get Curry in an all star game and contribute much more than he did last season.

    We don't need 23 ppg from Randolph also. I'll be happy with 19 ppg on 50% FG. I don't want a low FG% from Randolph, bad shots lead to bad defense.

    Artest and Marbury, 15 each. They can play the 2nd option role easily.

    Crawford is my problem. He has to jack up a lot of shots to score. If we give up Artest without giving up Q-Rich, I would put Q-Rich at the 2, and let him be our spot up shooter.

  6. #6
    Superstar ShairanXIII's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    501
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    even without artest i think that metnality thing is going to be a factor... but IT made steph buy into his system last season... and i doubt he'll have trouble convincing zbo of the same... zbo and curry are gonna reduce the turnovers their averages would suggest, since you can't afford to throw two big bodies at either of them with the threat of another point monster looming on the other block... if these guys can learn to pass and cut quickly... this could be a thing of beauty... hopefully... crawford plays the more subdued game he played during the win streak and the weeks before the contract extension... penetrating and dishing to curry/randolph instead of dribbling out the shotclock...

  7. #7
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by ShairanXIII
    even without artest i think that metnality thing is going to be a factor... but IT made steph buy into his system last season... and i doubt he'll have trouble convincing zbo of the same... zbo and curry are gonna reduce the turnovers their averages would suggest, since you can't afford to throw two big bodies at either of them with the threat of another point monster looming on the other block... if these guys can learn to pass and cut quickly... this could be a thing of beauty... hopefully... crawford plays the more subdued game he played during the win streak and the weeks before the contract extension... penetrating and dishing to curry/randolph instead of dribbling out the shotclock...
    AGREED, Isiah is definately better than Brown to get players to buy into his system and be loyal to them. I expect Marbury to be a pass first PG this season and average 15ppg 8-9 assist.

  8. #8
    Superstar ShairanXIII's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    501
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    now we got dikau backing him up too... we got a nice point guard rotation if we ship nate out in a package for a shot blocker/3...

  9. #9
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    955
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by TR1LL10N

    (Having two players who average more than 10 rebounds a game is also a plus (Lee, Randolph))
    barring foul trouble i doubt youll ever see randolph and lee playing together. i think between them they can average 10+ rebounds from the pf position and if curry can get 5-7 and our sf can get 3-6 well be in pretty good shape on the boards.

  10. #10
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    12
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    when Curry gets into foul trouble, we'll still have that low post option, at least.

  11. #11
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    955
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    well see how morris develops but if/when curry gets into foul trouble we can play randolph and lee together....thats not a bad frontcourt late in the game depending on matchups.

  12. #12
    Superstar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    519
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    I think I will have to revise my previous statement from another thread, I said I would start off all my post with **** Zach Randolph!, but that would be wrong. It's wrong because the guy is a real good player, I just don't like the trade. So, the new begining to my post will be... "**** the Zach Randolph trade"

    Ok, now with that being said, As you can see from a few of the post in this thread, most of the people think Zach will fit quite nicely. I on the other hand do not think so because I disagree with your assessment that they are not the same player (he and curry). Yes, randolph has a decent stroke from mid-range and cant hit a 3 on occassion, but the fact remains that Randolph is most effective in the blocks. Now please don't think I think Randolph is a bum, far from it. I think right now, he actually could be a better offensive player than Curry. So here is where I find fault with the trade. Isiah proclaimed that Curry is the main focul point of the offense. How does Isiah's words hold any truth if you get a player in Randolph, who has similiar or even better skills offensively than Curry. THis is the first time Curry's career that he has been told and shown that he is the main man on a team. Unless they end up trading Randolph, Curry has a chance of regressing because of Randolph. The other reasons of why Randolph doesn't fit in my opinion is because the trade does not address a NEED. We still don't have a shot blocker or proven outside threat...

    Ah i'm done talkin about Zach Randolph

  13. #13
    Hannibal Lecter TR1LL10N's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Dark side of the Moon
    Posts
    2,743
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by lilman_bklyn
    I think I will have to revise my previous statement from another thread, I said I would start off all my post with **** Zach Randolph!, but that would be wrong. It's wrong because the guy is a real good player, I just don't like the trade. So, the new begining to my post will be... "**** the Zach Randolph trade"

    Ok, now with that being said, As you can see from a few of the post in this thread, most of the people think Zach will fit quite nicely. I on the other hand do not think so because I disagree with your assessment that they are not the same player (he and curry). Yes, randolph has a decent stroke from mid-range and cant hit a 3 on occassion, but the fact remains that Randolph is most effective in the blocks. Now please don't think I think Randolph is a bum, far from it. I think right now, he actually could be a better offensive player than Curry. So here is where I find fault with the trade. Isiah proclaimed that Curry is the main focul point of the offense. How does Isiah's words hold any truth if you get a player in Randolph, who has similiar or even better skills offensively than Curry. THis is the first time Curry's career that he has been told and shown that he is the main man on a team. Unless they end up trading Randolph, Curry has a chance of regressing because of Randolph. The other reasons of why Randolph doesn't fit in my opinion is because the trade does not address a NEED. We still don't have a shot blocker or proven outside threat...

    Ah i'm done talkin about Zach Randolph
    I say Curry is the expendable one of the two. Randolph puts up better numbers, has killer instict which Curry lacks(probably his biggest problem) and is way more versitile. There ages are close enough that we could build around Randolph just like Curry. I would actually welcome a trade of Curry not for chemistry reasons but for a lack of toughness.

  14. #14
    Superstar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    519
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally Posted by TR1LL10N
    I say Curry is the expendable one of the two. Randolph puts up better numbers, has killer instict which Curry lacks(probably his biggest problem) and is way more versitile. There ages are close enough that we could build around Randolph just like Curry. I would actually welcome a trade of Curry not for chemistry reasons but for a lack of toughness.

    "**** the Zach Randolph trade"
    And this just brings to light my reasons why this is a bad trade. The fact of the matter is, Isiah told anyone who would listen that the basically the knicks and eddy curry are one. If he trades Curry now, his word is **** to the fans and to the players who believe in him. Also, he can't trade him, at least not now, because of the fact they gave 2 lottery picks away for him.
    So now, Curry is stuck on a team with a player who is better than him offensively and Curry has a chance to regress instead of progress this season. There will be controversy aver who should get the ball in the post it's just a terrible fit for many reasons.

  15. #15
    Member GiantsKnickFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    104
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by lilman_bklyn
    I think I will have to revise my previous statement from another thread, I said I would start off all my post with **** Zach Randolph!, but that would be wrong. It's wrong because the guy is a real good player, I just don't like the trade. So, the new begining to my post will be... "**** the Zach Randolph trade"

    Ok, now with that being said, As you can see from a few of the post in this thread, most of the people think Zach will fit quite nicely. I on the other hand do not think so because I disagree with your assessment that they are not the same player (he and curry). Yes, randolph has a decent stroke from mid-range and cant hit a 3 on occassion, but the fact remains that Randolph is most effective in the blocks. Now please don't think I think Randolph is a bum, far from it. I think right now, he actually could be a better offensive player than Curry. So here is where I find fault with the trade. Isiah proclaimed that Curry is the main focul point of the offense. How does Isiah's words hold any truth if you get a player in Randolph, who has similiar or even better skills offensively than Curry. THis is the first time Curry's career that he has been told and shown that he is the main man on a team. Unless they end up trading Randolph, Curry has a chance of regressing because of Randolph. The other reasons of why Randolph doesn't fit in my opinion is because the trade does not address a NEED. We still don't have a shot blocker or proven outside threat...

    Ah i'm done talkin about Zach Randolph
    Doesnt address a need? Becuase frye was such a good PF right? him and his 5.5 rebs a game?
    Our entire team is stacked at every position, does that mean that we shouldnt make improvements?
    This team needed an upgrade at PF and SF. PF has been addressed, now Isiah is looking into bringing artest.
    Those are our needs, Isiah isnt preaching some crazy defense, jus a solid one, no second chances, no easy buckets, no open threes. you can have a good D without blocking shots.

Similar Threads

  1. Randolph, Jones & Dickau now Knicks!
    By NYKnicks15 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: Jul 06, 2007, 17:45
  2. Zach Randolph News All Over The Net
    By insomniac in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Jun 30, 2007, 18:21
  3. Zach Randolph A Knick
    By dr.carpy in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: Jun 29, 2007, 08:14

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •