Why does evryone think Randolph Dosent Fit??

nyk_nyk

All Star
Ok well do you believe that this trade will add a couple more wins? I do. I think that an upgrade to a position is an upgrade to the team as a whole. I agree we need a jolt of energy on the defensive end and thats whhy we got Jeffries. That hasn't worked out so good yet. Hopefully Artest will really sign with NY when he opt out of his contract.
:gony:

KOWIE

Rookie
"Fuck the Zach Randolph trade"
I should have said this is not an upgrade to the team. Yes if you want to go by who is better right now, then yes of course Zach Randolph is better than Frye. But the point I meant to make is that adding Randolph does not upgrade the team. I have stated this b4 and will do so again... two post players on the same team of similiar talent and abilities have never lead their team to anything.. the only exceptions were David Robinson and Duncan and Sampson and Akeem (which were pointed out to me in another thread).. and the difference between those two tandems is that all 4 were great at blocking shots which meant their teams had great defense.
The trade was good in that the knicks got a lot for little. but because it's not addressing any need the Knicks had, i do not see how it upgrades the team..

i dont see how it doesnt upgrade the team.....does it make them better defensively? no. does it make them better on the other end? yes. we dumped francis, and we got a much better player for frye. frye was far from a world beater. i was glad when we drafted him, but the better of the 2 picks that night is still on the squad. for his size he played soft. being able to truck 2 guys that can nab 15-17 boards on a given night is a great thing....and the fact that our return on the 8 pick is randolph, who has a much more complete offensive game than frye only bolsters the team.

do i think we need defense? more than a lot here are willing to admit. if artest comes here he will address a need bigtime....only thing is we shouldnt give up much for him. he has the opt out after this year, and its well known sac wants to move him....they will lose him for nothing if they dont. i still think we need to add an interior defender though.....a guy like darko.....

randolph/lee
curry/darko

nyk_nyk

All Star
i dont see how it doesnt upgrade the team.....does it make them better defensively? no. does it make them better on the other end? yes. we dumped francis, and we got a much better player for frye. frye was far from a world beater. i was glad when we drafted him, but the better of the 2 picks that night is still on the squad. for his size he played soft. being able to truck 2 guys that can nab 15-17 boards on a given night is a great thing....and the fact that our return on the 8 pick is randolph, who has a much more complete offensive game than frye only bolsters the team.

do i think we need defense? more than a lot here are willing to admit. if artest comes here he will address a need bigtime....only thing is we shouldnt give up much for him. he has the opt out after this year, and its well known sac wants to move him....they will lose him for nothing if they dont. i still think we need to add an interior defender though.....a guy like darko.....

randolph/lee
curry/darko
The best thing we can hope for this year is that Q stays healthy. He was probably the best defender on the team last season. He has an offensive game inside and out and he can hit the 3 with decent to good accuracy. I really like the Artest possibility. but if we don't get him I am completely comfortable and have amuch confidence with a healthy Q.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
We do need defense but any one that thinks we'd be better off with Channing Frye and Steve Francis is nuts. I feel your point of view regarding defense but be for real. Frye is one year younger and four years behind Randolph development wise. Randolph won't average 25 points along side Curry but he will get the rebounds that Curry doesn't. We did need a strong rebounding PF and we have that in Randolph. His game isn't as one sided as some would have you believe. I heard the same thing about Marbury, no D and he likes to jack up shots. That couldn't be farther from the truth. All we can talk about is that's on paper until the season starts but I don't think there are that many teams in the east that are better than us. If we all agree that the Knicks could have made it to the play offs last year if not for injuries then why wouldn't the Knicks go deep into the play offs with Randolph/Curry in the post? More free throws and rebounds can get us a long way.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
We do need defense but any one that thinks we'd be better off with Channing Frye and Steve Francis is nuts. I feel your point of view regarding defense but be for real. Frye is one year younger and four years behind Randolph development wise. Randolph won't average 25 points along side Curry but he will get the rebounds that Curry doesn't. We did need a strong rebounding PF and we have that in Randolph. His game isn't as one sided as some would have you believe. I heard the same thing about Marbury, no D and he likes to jack up shots. That couldn't be farther from the truth. All we can talk about is that's on paper until the season starts but I don't think there are that many teams in the east that are better than us. If we all agree that the Knicks could have made it to the play offs last year if not for injuries then why wouldn't the Knicks go deep into the play offs with Randolph/Curry in the post? More free throws and rebounds can get us a long way.

Agreed but I still think Isiah has another blockbuster iminent.

nyk_nyk

All Star
Talent wise the Knicks are now probably top 5 in the east. Will that translate into a winning season? Too early to tell but at this point I like their chances. I agree, with Curry and Randolph on opposite sides of the paint there should be more rebounding. Randolph most likely won't average 25 BUT what he will do is allow Isaiah to continue to pound the paint even when Curry is on the bench. People are criticizing the trade because Randolph and Curry both play inside but if i'm not mistaken, isn't that the basic role of the center and power forward position? Players like Dirk and Garnett have blined people to what PF's actually do.

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
You're right...KG and Dirk have made the PF more finesse but with Curry and Randolph down low they have to get big real fast because I think there are few if any starting PF that can body up Randolph in the east. Feed it down low and run the offense through the post. It never fails...that's if Curry and Randolph can handle double teams.

GiantsKnickFan

Benchwarmer
"Fuck the Zach Randolph trade"
I should have said this is not an upgrade to the team. Yes if you want to go by who is better right now, then yes of course Zach Randolph is better than Frye. But the point I meant to make is that adding Randolph does not upgrade the team. I have stated this b4 and will do so again... two post players on the same team of similiar talent and abilities have never lead their team to anything.. the only exceptions were David Robinson and Duncan and Sampson and Akeem (which were pointed out to me in another thread).. and the difference between those two tandems is that all 4 were great at blocking shots which meant their teams had great defense.
The trade was good in that the knicks got a lot for little. but because it's not addressing any need the Knicks had, i do not see how it upgrades the team..

Ur arguement is losing weight. try harder. We are a better team with Randolph. everyone knows it. frye did nothing to help this team win, how many times was frye left wide open and he would jack up a 18ft jumper instead of taking it to the hole? frye is soft. randolph likes to get contact and go to the line. (where he shoots 80%- another area where he is stronger. Frye shot 108 FTs last year, randolph 481.)

Its not as if frye was dominant defensively and we are losing in that regards, frye was clearly not defensive minded. zach isnt either but atleast he is stronger in other aspects than frye.

ShairanXIII

Rotation player
Randolph at 24 was better than Frye at 24... Frye might develop and eventually be better than Randolph... but there is no guarantee... so we got an all star and two capable role players... for a cancer and an underachiever... sounds like we won on that one... i hope francis and frye can thrive in portland... but they weren't successful here (although i think frye could have done well)... if we get artest without sacrificing lee... then this next season is going to be massive for the knicks...