Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 64

Thread: Is this what the knicks need?

  1. #1
    Go 1990s New York Knicks! nyKnicks126's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,842
    Rep Power
    9

    Video Is this what the knicks need?

    <object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/iB16BmfKgbk"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/iB16BmfKgbk" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

    Really there hasn't been anything like that since but I think Artest has his ways of showing anger

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    245
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    heck YEAH ! I want to win the round two of fight w/ Denver! I mean Frye got punked, Mardy got decked, and Robinson got rocked into the stands! I mean Jefferies manned up but other than that we got beat on our home floor literally....lol just joking, lets just hope if we land him those types of incidents are behind him, but in mentioning that Denver game remember Carmelo went of for about thirty, even more reason to bring on Ron Ron

  3. #3
    Member NYKnicks20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    ON
    Posts
    71
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    It would be great if we got Artest. Just think of our lineup.

  4. #4
    Newbie KOWIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Hillside, NJ
    Posts
    26
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    i miss the knicks....x-man, oak, mason.....when you didnt **** with the knicks cause youd get wrecked....

  5. #5
    Superstar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    519
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Is this what the Knicks need.. .**** YEA.. Like Howie said, I miss those knicks teams, yea we got techs and ejections and a like, but teams knew to think twice b4 coming in the lane, and before trying to commit a hard foul on us. Are defense is lacking, so bring him in and let him show us how it's done.. we need to start cracking some heads again in the Garden ...

  6. #6
    Hannibal Lecter TR1LL10N's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Dark side of the Moon
    Posts
    2,743
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Im sure some Detroit fans could have trotted out a video of Rasheeds "lowlights" and argue against the aquisition. Bringing in Wallace was what put Detroit over the top. While I know Artest has impulse issues which cant be coached so does Wallace but it didnt stop him from winning.

  7. #7
    Member GiantsKnickFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    104
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by TR1LL10N
    Im sure some Detroit fans could have trotted out a video of Rasheeds "lowlights" and argue against the aquisition. Bringing in Wallace was what put Detroit over the top. While I know Artest has impulse issues which cant be coached so does Wallace but it didnt stop him from winning.
    The difference is that wallace was always about winning. Thats why he fit in det.
    Artest has to show that its not about him, but about winning, and hes been very flaky. I dont care so much about off the field,trouble stuff, i care more about whether the man is willing to do anything to win. he has a record label and chose to leave his teamates in order to focus on his label. I could never trust him again after that.
    Artest would bring the swagger we need to concentrate on defense as we do on offense, and is verstatile enuff that can pose match up problems on the offensive end.
    Its all about his attitude and his desire. Im ok with getting him but not for D Lee. anyone but lee and im ok. He can opt out after the 08 season, so a mid year trade when sac isnt in it anymore might work as well.

  8. #8
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    6,928
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    That Video makes me want Ron Artest a Knick even More.
    It looks like an average day on the New York Subway at rush-hour.

    I will still wait for Next offseason when Ron Artest opts out to become a Knick. The Kings want Lee or Balkman in return for a trade for Artest. Sorry but Lee and Artest fits great in the Frontcourt together with Balkman being Artest backup. No Deal, we will wait patiently...

  9. #9
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    6,928
    Rep Power
    18

    Nyk Logo

    Originally Posted by GiantsKnickFan
    The difference is that wallace was always about winning. Thats why he fit in det.
    Artest has to show that its not about him, but about winning, and hes been very flaky. I dont care so much about off the field,trouble stuff, i care more about whether the man is willing to do anything to win. he has a record label and chose to leave his teamates in order to focus on his label. I could never trust him again after that.
    Artest would bring the swagger we need to concentrate on defense as we do on offense, and is verstatile enuff that can pose match up problems on the offensive end.
    Its all about his attitude and his desire. Im ok with getting him but not for D Lee. anyone but lee and im ok. He can opt out after the 08 season, so a mid year trade when sac isnt in it anymore might work as well.

    Please cut it out about the record label BULL! that was a private meeting between Artest with Walsh and Bird that these Indiana Excutives thought was amusing to release to the Media. The Joke fell back on the Indiana Pacers whom was the BEST Team in the Eastern Conference that season.
    Ron Artest asked for some time off early in the season because of the WISE pickup of Steven Jackson that offseason who deserved as much playingtime with Reggie Miller and J.O'Neal early in the season. Because everyone knows that Reggie Miller and J.O'Neal was going to get a two to three weeks off during the regular season.

  10. #10
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    36
    Rep Power
    0

    Nyk Logo

    I'm for ARTEST in a Knick uniform ALL THE WAY...He'll bring back respectability back to the garden.

    Marbury Q
    Artest Zach
    Curry

    Bo-ya-ka-sha

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    255
    Rep Power
    0

    Thumbs up

    Bring him back. He answers all our weaknesses from this past season (Perimeter D, Grit, and Toughness)

  12. #12
    Superstar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    519
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally Posted by FameMos
    Bring him back. He answers all our weaknesses from this past season (Perimeter D, Grit, and Toughness)
    "**** the Zach Randolph trade"
    I agree 100&#37;... and that kind of play is contageous... look @ the kings when he 1st came on, and they had players healthy they took the spurs 6. imagine him with our team now
    Last edited by lilman_bklyn; Jul 05, 2007 at 11:29. Reason: needed to add

  13. #13
    Veteran nyk_nyk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,529
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    I like Q, but Artest would bring much needed toughness to a team that has lackced it since Ewing, Starks and Oak were around. Artest could do the job that Jeffries was bought here to do and provide scoring on top of that!

    It would be a shame to lose Lee, but hopefully Balkman will emerge as David Lee has and we'll still have that energy coming of the bench. I love this potential new roster!

    Curry, Randolph, Artest, Crawford, Marbury = murderers row

  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    255
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    And if Artest does decide 2 be an ass, his contract is done I think in 2 yrs so we could just let him go....Pretty Simple

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    245
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally Posted by nyk_nyk
    I like Q, but Artest would bring much needed toughness to a team that has lackced it since Ewing, Starks and Oak were around. Artest could do the job that Jeffries was bought here to do and provide scoring on top of that!

    It would be a shame to lose Lee, but hopefully Balkman will emerge as David Lee has and we'll still have that energy coming of the bench. I love this potential new roster!

    Curry, Randolph, Artest, Crawford, Marbury = murderers row
    no way we give up Lee!

    Originally Posted by FameMos
    And if Artest does decide 2 be an ass, his contract is done I think in 2 yrs so we could just let him go....Pretty Simple
    Exactly!

Similar Threads

  1. Lampe signs with NY Knicks
    By KnickFan2080 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: Jan 27, 2008, 23:17
  2. Stop the WHINING.. PLEASE!! & READ
    By lilman_bklyn in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: Jul 01, 2007, 16:37
  3. Knicks Draft: Media Feedback
    By Die Dolan Die in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Jul 01, 2006, 05:04
  4. Possible New York Knicks Offseason Ideas....
    By frankwilliams in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: May 10, 2004, 17:18
  5. 11 Names on the Knicks Wanted List
    By keyindabox in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: May 06, 2004, 22:25

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •