Is this what the knicks need?

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/iB16BmfKgbk"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/iB16BmfKgbk" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Really there hasn't been anything like that since but I think Artest has his ways of showing anger

heck YEAH ! I want to win the round two of fight w/ Denver! I mean Frye got punked, Mardy got decked, and Robinson got rocked into the stands! I mean Jefferies manned up but other than that we got beat on our home floor literally....lol just joking, lets just hope if we land him those types of incidents are behind him, but in mentioning that Denver game remember Carmelo went of for about thirty, even more reason to bring on Ron Ron

KOWIE

Rookie
i miss the knicks....x-man, oak, mason.....when you didnt fuck with the knicks cause youd get wrecked....

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player
Is this what the Knicks need.. .FUCK YEA.. Like Howie said, I miss those knicks teams, yea we got techs and ejections and a like, but teams knew to think twice b4 coming in the lane, and before trying to commit a hard foul on us. Are defense is lacking, so bring him in and let him show us how it's done.. we need to start cracking some heads again in the Garden ...

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Im sure some Detroit fans could have trotted out a video of Rasheeds "lowlights" and argue against the aquisition. Bringing in Wallace was what put Detroit over the top. While I know Artest has impulse issues which cant be coached so does Wallace but it didnt stop him from winning.

GiantsKnickFan

Benchwarmer
Im sure some Detroit fans could have trotted out a video of Rasheeds "lowlights" and argue against the aquisition. Bringing in Wallace was what put Detroit over the top. While I know Artest has impulse issues which cant be coached so does Wallace but it didnt stop him from winning.

The difference is that wallace was always about winning. Thats why he fit in det.
Artest has to show that its not about him, but about winning, and hes been very flaky. I dont care so much about off the field,trouble stuff, i care more about whether the man is willing to do anything to win. he has a record label and chose to leave his teamates in order to focus on his label. I could never trust him again after that.
Artest would bring the swagger we need to concentrate on defense as we do on offense, and is verstatile enuff that can pose match up problems on the offensive end.
Its all about his attitude and his desire. Im ok with getting him but not for D Lee. anyone but lee and im ok. He can opt out after the 08 season, so a mid year trade when sac isnt in it anymore might work as well.

Kiyaman

Legend
That Video makes me want Ron Artest a Knick even More.
It looks like an average day on the New York Subway at rush-hour.

I will still wait for Next offseason when Ron Artest opts out to become a Knick. The Kings want Lee or Balkman in return for a trade for Artest. Sorry but Lee and Artest fits great in the Frontcourt together with Balkman being Artest backup. No Deal, we will wait patiently...

Kiyaman

Legend
The difference is that wallace was always about winning. Thats why he fit in det.
Artest has to show that its not about him, but about winning, and hes been very flaky. I dont care so much about off the field,trouble stuff, i care more about whether the man is willing to do anything to win. he has a record label and chose to leave his teamates in order to focus on his label. I could never trust him again after that.
Artest would bring the swagger we need to concentrate on defense as we do on offense, and is verstatile enuff that can pose match up problems on the offensive end.
Its all about his attitude and his desire. Im ok with getting him but not for D Lee. anyone but lee and im ok. He can opt out after the 08 season, so a mid year trade when sac isnt in it anymore might work as well.

Please cut it out about the record label BULL! that was a private meeting between Artest with Walsh and Bird that these Indiana Excutives thought was amusing to release to the Media. The Joke fell back on the Indiana Pacers whom was the BEST Team in the Eastern Conference that season.
Ron Artest asked for some time off early in the season because of the WISE pickup of Steven Jackson that offseason who deserved as much playingtime with Reggie Miller and J.O'Neal early in the season. Because everyone knows that Reggie Miller and J.O'Neal was going to get a two to three weeks off during the regular season.

timnakhla

Rookie
I'm for ARTEST in a Knick uniform ALL THE WAY...He'll bring back respectability back to the garden.

Marbury Q
Artest Zach
Curry

Bo-ya-ka-sha

FameMos

Benchwarmer
Bring him back. He answers all our weaknesses from this past season (Perimeter D, Grit, and Toughness)

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player
Bring him back. He answers all our weaknesses from this past season (Perimeter D, Grit, and Toughness)

"Fuck the Zach Randolph trade"
I agree 100%... and that kind of play is contageous... look @ the kings when he 1st came on, and they had players healthy they took the spurs 6. imagine him with our team now

Last edited:

nyk_nyk

All Star
I like Q, but Artest would bring much needed toughness to a team that has lackced it since Ewing, Starks and Oak were around. Artest could do the job that Jeffries was bought here to do and provide scoring on top of that!

It would be a shame to lose Lee, but hopefully Balkman will emerge as David Lee has and we'll still have that energy coming of the bench. I love this potential new roster!

Curry, Randolph, Artest, Crawford, Marbury = murderers row

FameMos

Benchwarmer
And if Artest does decide 2 be an ass, his contract is done I think in 2 yrs so we could just let him go....Pretty Simple

I like Q, but Artest would bring much needed toughness to a team that has lackced it since Ewing, Starks and Oak were around. Artest could do the job that Jeffries was bought here to do and provide scoring on top of that!

It would be a shame to lose Lee, but hopefully Balkman will emerge as David Lee has and we'll still have that energy coming of the bench. I love this potential new roster!

Curry, Randolph, Artest, Crawford, Marbury = murderers row

no way we give up Lee!

And if Artest does decide 2 be an ass, his contract is done I think in 2 yrs so we could just let him go....Pretty Simple
Exactly!

nyk_nyk

All Star
As of right now, the team is overloaded at the SF position. If that's the position of concern then Isaiah should be able to get some type of deal done..

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
That's a one sided video. I've seen these tactics before to discredit people. It did happen and it is a factor but in fairness you should have shown a video of Artest's accomplishments and what he brings in full to the team. Not just his issues. Obviously the answer to your question is no. We don't need a thug that can attack the media or fans and any given minute and needs to be chained up like a wild animal. But is that all Artest has to offer?

metrocard

Legend
Is this what the Knicks need.. .FUCK YEA.. Like Howie said, I miss those knicks teams, yea we got techs and ejections and a like, but teams knew to think twice b4 coming in the lane, and before trying to commit a hard foul on us. Are defense is lacking, so bring him in and let him show us how it's done.. we need to start cracking some heads again in the Garden ...

FUCK YEA!!!

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
donchris you dont understand. You want to Artest to be suspended half the season for doing stupid stuff like that? Not only will we miss his presents on the court, but we will be hated and talked about by media, and other teams for months/years, not like I care, + side Artest is a defender and isn't to bad on the offensive end.

nyk_nyk

All Star
donchris you dont understand. You want to Artest to be suspended half the season for doing stupid stuff like that? Not only will we miss his presents on the court, but we will be hated and talked about by media, and other teams for months/years, not like I care, + side Artest is a defender and isn't to bad on the offensive end.
So what if Artest is hated by the media. The only thing that matters is the Knick fans who support the team every year. The minute he knocks someone on their ass the garden would go crazy like this was the 90's. I say bring Artest home and allow him and Marbury to help bring NY back to where it's supposed to be. Artest has wanted to be aKnick ever since his days in Queesnbridge.