Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Is this what the knicks need?

As of right now, the team is overloaded at the SF position. If that's the position of concern then Isaiah should be able to get some type of deal done..

Next season, keep waiting donchris's Avatar

Nyk Logo

That's a one sided video. I've seen these tactics before to discredit people. It did happen and it is a factor but in fairness you should have shown a video of Artest's accomplishments and what he brings in full to the team. Not just his issues. Obviously the answer to your question is no. We don't need a thug that can attack the media or fans and any given minute and needs to be chained up like a wild animal. But is that all Artest has to offer?

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by lilman_bklyn
    Is this what the Knicks need.. .**** YEA.. Like Howie said, I miss those knicks teams, yea we got techs and ejections and a like, but teams knew to think twice b4 coming in the lane, and before trying to commit a hard foul on us. Are defense is lacking, so bring him in and let him show us how it's done.. we need to start cracking some heads again in the Garden ...

**** YEA!!!

Go 1990s New York Knicks! nyKnicks126's Avatar

donchris you dont understand. You want to Artest to be suspended half the season for doing stupid stuff like that? Not only will we miss his presents on the court, but we will be hated and talked about by media, and other teams for months/years, not like I care, + side Artest is a defender and isn't to bad on the offensive end.

Originally Posted by nyKnicks126
    donchris you dont understand. You want to Artest to be suspended half the season for doing stupid stuff like that? Not only will we miss his presents on the court, but we will be hated and talked about by media, and other teams for months/years, not like I care, + side Artest is a defender and isn't to bad on the offensive end.
    So what if Artest is hated by the media. The only thing that matters is the Knick fans who support the team every year. The minute he knocks someone on their ass the garden would go crazy like this was the 90's. I say bring Artest home and allow him and Marbury to help bring NY back to where it's supposed to be. Artest has wanted to be aKnick ever since his days in Queesnbridge.

Next season, keep waiting donchris's Avatar

Nyk Logo

Originally Posted by nyKnicks126
    I'm not an advocate of violence but unless you have a crystal ball you don't know what Artest will do. He hasn't had any major problems in Sacramento has he? People make mistakes. I think Artest is a nutjob but I think the reward out weighs the risk. He's got two years remaining. We give him a little playing time and if he acts a damn fool bench him. Just look at the long list of guys we pay to do absolutely nothing.

Allan Houston
    Luke Longley
    Jerome James
    Malique Rose
    Penny Hardaway

It shouldn't be a problem bringing Artest in. But I have read that Artest may go to Orlando and we may get Turk.

yeah... but he could also **** up our chemistry... jermaine o'neal lost games and money helping artest at the palace... stood up for him during the media attacks... then he felt betrayed by him... these are facts... if artest can alienate a man that was willing to go to war for him... to defend his actions when the world condemned them... then why is no one willing to admit that he can alienate his knick teammates... he did it in sacto this season... and now they realize they can win without him... they actually do better without him than with him... so let's not rush to get this cat just because he has talent and the attitude that we miss... rasheed has never been a negative locker room influence... every one of his teammates talks about how good he is... so despite their control issues on the court... sheed is more stable dealing with his colleagues... i hope that ron doesn't disrupt this locker room... we need a calming influence... not a divisive one...

Originally Posted by ShairanXIII
    yeah... but he could also **** up our chemistry... jermaine o'neal lost games and money helping artest at the palace... stood up for him during the media attacks... then he felt betrayed by him... these are facts... if artest can alienate a man that was willing to go to war for him... to defend his actions when the world condemned them... then why is no one willing to admit that he can alienate his knick teammates... he did it in sacto this season... and now they realize they can win without him... they actually do better without him than with him... so let's not rush to get this cat just because he has talent and the attitude that we miss... rasheed has never been a negative locker room influence... every one of his teammates talks about how good he is... so despite their control issues on the court... sheed is more stable dealing with his colleagues... i hope that ron doesn't disrupt this locker room... we need a calming influence... not a divisive one...
    That right there is the reason why im not in love with the idea of artest being here. not the off the court issues or his previous stuff, but his commitment to his teamates. After what his teamates did to help him when he was suspended and to then ask for a trade is hard to swallow. I dont want any of that happening here.

Originally Posted by lilman_bklyn View Post
    Is this what the Knicks need.. .**** YEA.. Like Howie said, I miss those knicks teams, yea we got techs and ejections and a like, but teams knew to think twice b4 coming in the lane, and before trying to commit a hard foul on us. Are defense is lacking, so bring him in and let him show us how it's done.. we need to start cracking some heads again in the Garden ...
    Did those Knick teams win us any titles?? NO!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by David Lee is #1
    exactly we dont need artest our starting line up is fine randolph curry marbury q-rich and crawford with lee as the 6th man

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Are you serious son? Those Knick teams gave us some of the greatest memories in recent years. You obviously weren't part of that decade. **** titles for now, I just want a playoff team at the moment.

Superstar

"**** the Zach Randolph Trade"
    Don't be Naive man. That Knicks was not high on talent as this Knicks team is. Those Knicksteam were high on heart and determination. There was 1 great player and others who knew their role and played it perfectly. and even without all the talent in the world, they would still take the bulls to 7 games or fight them tooth and nail till they were knocked out.

Can you friggin imagine what would have happened if the Knicks back then would have had someone like Marbury, young talent to develop around them like Frye(b4 the trade) Lee, Collins, Balkman.. it would have been crazy. But they didnt they had C level talent that played @ A level, and I think some1 like Artest would bring that kind of heart back to the Garden. The knicks now have more talent but aren't playing on a level equal to their talent... once we bring Artest in(if we bring him in) he will bring that Fire and Desire and instill in the knicks that will to ****in win at any cost..

Nyk Logo

I've been meditating on this all week. and I now realize the importance of having Artest. As of right now David Lee leg injury as been misdiagnosed repeatly. I question can and will he be able to grind out 82 games without reinjury? Second, David Lee cannot play the SF fulltime because he doesnt have the required jumpshot or speed that teams look for in a small foward. Most sf can hit the three and knock down the 15 footer. So this will be another skill Lee would have to develop. At best lee is a great back up for Curry or Zach off the bench. If Lee bounces Balkman and Wilson Candler could fill the backup role for Artest. In all reality I dont even think David Lee could pass a physical to complete a trade.Where we do have the upper hand on this is the Kings have only 9 players signed so they need bodies and we have 17 too many and have to unload. [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

this is one senerio i thought about

this is another

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

so the possibilities are countless. Even if we do get Artest the next job would be to find Lee's Replacement.

SF is not Lee's position, so theres no need for him to play the 3....we have 3's, We can get artest without giving up lee or balkman...keep in mind that we juss got 2 expiring contracts in dickau and jones...personally i think thats where thomas won big.....i say rose, jjeff, crawford, dickau .... for atrest and salmons

Good player, but needs to work on his people skills. Maybe anger management. He would just be a handful alone if he comes to New York.