Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 64

Thread: Is this what the knicks need?

  1. #31
    Superstar ShairanXIII's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    501
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    Are you serious son? Those Knick teams gave us some of the greatest memories in recent years. You obviously weren't part of that decade. **** titles for now, I just want a playoff team at the moment.
    I'm tired of having playoff teams in NY... this seems odd since we haven't made the playoffs in two seasons... but i suffered through the late 80s and early 90s... always playing well... never winning a chip... i want a title... i'd wait 6 more years for a title... that to give it up too early for 10 years of playoff basketball...

    Lilman... you disrespect those knick teams... ewing, oakley, starks, dharper, mason, smith, blackman, hubert davis, doc rivers... those teams were B - B- players playing their asses out in the garden... the problem is we never had a true A player... ewing thought he was the man... but could never deliver in the clutch... we had that A player in King... but we traded him early...

    i want a championship in my lifetime... 73 was before my time... and everytime we get to the finals... my feelings got destroyed... artest could very well bring us back to the promise land... and if he does... then i would have been proven wrong again... but his history tells me this could be a very bad idea in a year or 2...

  2. #32
    Newbie Ewings Knicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    17
    Rep Power
    0

    Nyk Logo There's plus side and a down side with Artest

    Originally Posted by Isiah's Advocate 33
    no way we give up Lee!


    Exactly!
    The is no doubt that Artest is a good player and would help our team but he's also a Madman that could destroy the team. A team consist of more than just talent. There has to be some discpline which usually brings structure. Chemistry is also a very important part of team sprots. Let's not forget this is a team sport. It's not just about Artest and Randoplh. It's like building a house You have to make sure your foundation is built first and that it's SOUND.

  3. #33
    Superstar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    519
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally Posted by ShairanXIII
    I'm tired of having playoff teams in NY... this seems odd since we haven't made the playoffs in two seasons... but i suffered through the late 80s and early 90s... always playing well... never winning a chip... i want a title... i'd wait 6 more years for a title... that to give it up too early for 10 years of playoff basketball...

    Lilman... you disrespect those knick teams... ewing, oakley, starks, dharper, mason, smith, blackman, hubert davis, doc rivers... those teams were B - B- players playing their asses out in the garden... the problem is we never had a true A player... ewing thought he was the man... but could never deliver in the clutch... we had that A player in King... but we traded him early...

    i want a championship in my lifetime... 73 was before my time... and everytime we get to the finals... my feelings got destroyed... artest could very well bring us back to the promise land... and if he does... then i would have been proven wrong again... but his history tells me this could be a very bad idea in a year or 2...
    "**** the Zach Randolph Trade"
    i dont think i disrespected them at all. If those players were B level, they would have won a championship the way they played the game with Heart and all out hustle. But they weren't. Doc Rivers and Derek Harper were maybe B players early in their careers, not when they got to the knicks though, Starks was a great knick, but not a B player, neither was mase or hubert davis. Oak was an above B player as was Ewing.
    Artest as a knick would bring the fire needed to spark this team, hopefully the coaches would catch on and start preaching defense. Artest as a knick could bring this team to the brink
    Last edited by lilman_bklyn; Jul 06, 2007 at 19:09.

  4. #34
    Member KnicksFan4Realz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Phoenix,AZ
    Posts
    406
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    You'll never get me to say Starks was a great KNICK ever...far as I am concerned cost US the title in 94. Damn 2-17 in Game 7....But I blame Riley for that as well..should have been went to Rolando Blackman when he had the chance.

    Starks had his moments...but he's not greater than Charles Oakley...but he is greater than Charles Smith...Derek Harper...about par with Hubert Davis...

  5. #35
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    [QUOTE=ShairanXIII;33897]I'm tired of having playoff teams in NY... /QUOTE]

    Where have you been? Its been quit sometime we made noise in the playoffs, almost a decade.

    I would be happy with a competitive playoff team that can give me hope, FIRST. We all want a championship. But how you gonna say you want a championship without playoffs? Thats like saying wanting to smoke a blunt without a dutch or a phillie.


    I agree with you though. We need an A player to build around. In the 90's we had some of the best B level players you can find, and they were a joy to watch. Artest is a B/B+ player, maybe with Randolph. Still not GOOD enough compared the rest of guys in the league like Wade, Kidd, Duncan, Lebron, Kobe, Dirk, Nash, Amare, and etc. We need a name in those guys level if we wan't to consider a championship. Team play is important, but this is the NBA, you need your superstar to carry you time to time.

  6. #36
    Superstar WVKnickfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    West Virginia
    Posts
    655
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    Are you serious son? Those Knick teams gave us some of the greatest memories in recent years. You obviously weren't part of that decade. **** titles for now, I just want a playoff team at the moment.
    Your wrong again son!! I was a part of those years and I never missed a game.Those teams were tough but all they did was let us down WITHOUT NO TITLE.Those teams played like they was a bunch of badass's yet every year when the playoffs come they lost every year. I agree those teams did give us some great memories BUT on the other hand those teams were very dissapointing as well b/c they did'nt win a thing.THATS THE TRUTH

  7. #37
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    955
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    uh they made the finals twice in the 90s....playing against jordan and the pacers every year. why are yall hating? sure we didnt have a super super star like mj but we had a great team.

  8. #38
    Superstar WVKnickfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    West Virginia
    Posts
    655
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Uh im not hating im just stating the truth!!! They could have built a better team around Ewing but they never.I could be wrong but I think the two times we made it to the finals MJ was'nt playing?? If he was then im sure we would'nt have made it that far.The knicks front office messed up those teams by not building a powerhouse team around Ewing and if they trade off Lee,or Baukman for artest then they will be doing the same thing.

  9. #39
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    955
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    are you saying curry is in ewing's league? because in terms of defense and rebounding hes nowhere near ewing. he is our number one player but i dont think he stacks up as much as ewing did (in terms of impact on both ends of the court at least)

  10. #40
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by David Lee is #1
    Your wrong again son!! I was a part of those years and I never missed a game.Those teams were tough but all they did was let us down WITHOUT NO TITLE.Those teams played like they was a bunch of badass's yet every year when the playoffs come they lost every year. I agree those teams did give us some great memories BUT on the other hand those teams were very dissapointing as well b/c they did'nt win a thing.THATS THE TRUTH
    No one here is going to agree with you.

  11. #41
    Superstar WVKnickfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    West Virginia
    Posts
    655
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by pyotrveliky
    are you saying curry is in ewing's league? because in terms of defense and rebounding hes nowhere near ewing. he is our number one player but i dont think he stacks up as much as ewing did (in terms of impact on both ends of the court at least)
    No curry is no where near as good as Ewing was!! I was mostly saying that the NY front office could have built a better team around Ewing.All those players that was on Ewing's team was good but I fell they could have put better players around him.thats all

  12. #42
    Member GiantsKnickFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    104
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by pyotrveliky
    uh they made the finals twice in the 90s....playing against jordan and the pacers every year. why are yall hating? sure we didnt have a super super star like mj but we had a great team.
    Im wit that. Our rivalries against pacers and bulls made for the best basketball in the NBA that hasnt been seen since. Suns/Spurs, Cavs/Detriot are no where near Knicks/Bulls, Knicks/Reggie miller -

  13. #43
    Superstar WVKnickfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    West Virginia
    Posts
    655
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by GiantsKnickFan
    Im wit that. Our rivalries against pacers and bulls made for the best basketball in the NBA that hasnt been seen since. Suns/Spurs, Cavs/Detriot are no where near Knicks/Bulls, Knicks/Reggie miller -
    Can't forget about the knicks/heat rivalry!!

  14. #44
    Superstar ShairanXIII's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    501
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally Posted by lilman_bklyn
    "**** the Zach Randolph Trade"
    i dont think i disrespected them at all. If those players were B level, they would have won a championship the way they played the game with Heart and all out hustle. But they weren't. Doc Rivers and Derek Harper were maybe B players early in their careers, not when they got to the knicks though, Starks was a great knick, but not a B player, neither was mase or hubert davis. Oak was an above B player as was Ewing.
    Artest as a knick would bring the fire needed to spark this team, hopefully the coaches would catch on and start preaching defense. Artest as a knick could bring this team to the brink
    Anthony Mason was 6'7... like 240... and had a handle, could pass and rebound... remember nellie tried to make him a point forward to reinvigorate the offense... ewing got tight and we shipped out Mase for LJ... definately more than a B player... better than Oak IMO... remember the job he did against hakeem in the finals?

    Starks was not "great"... he was the goat of game 7... 2 for 18 is infamous... maybe a B- or C+...

    hubert davis was a solid C... Harper's defense made them put in the hand check rule... he was our best point guard until steph... knocking down 3s or posting up cats... kinda like sam cassell with defense... at least a B player...

    Rivers wasn't a B player during his time with the knicks... neither was Herb...

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    Where have you been? Its been quit sometime we [b]made noise in the playoffs, almost a decade./b]

    I would be happy with a competitive playoff team that can give me hope, FIRST. We all want a championship. But how you gonna say you want a championship without playoffs? Thats like saying wanting to smoke a blunt without a dutch or a phillie.

    We need an A player to build around... Team play is important, but this is the NBA, you need your superstar to carry you time to time.
    no one is saying you can win a title without making the playoffs... but i don't want to give up what we have just to make the playoffs again... sacramento, portland, jersey were all competitive teams... got to the playoffs... got deep and made noise even... but no chips to show for it... we all miss the playoffs... but championships are what i want...

    Detroit proved that you don't NEED an A player to win a chip... a good core of B - B+ players can get it done... i just hope that whatever we decide to be (build around 1 A player) or find complementary Bs... that we stick to it and can start winning...

    Originally Posted by pyotrveliky
    uh they made the finals twice in the 90s....playing against jordan and the pacers every year. why are yall hating? sure we didnt have a super super star like mj but we had a great team.
    we had a great team... without a doubt... but we didn't have the mental toughness to surpass mj or hakeem... like someone said on this thread... when we got to the finals... mj was out of the league... how certain are we that we could have beaten LA, Por or Pho...

    Originally Posted by David Lee is #1
    Your wrong again son!! I was a part of those years and I never missed a game.Those teams were tough but all they did was let us down WITHOUT NO TITLE.Those teams played like they was a bunch of badass's yet every year when the playoffs come they lost every year. I agree those teams did give us some great memories BUT on the other hand those teams were very dissapointing as well b/c they did'nt win a thing.THATS THE TRUTH
    agreed... they disappointed because they didn't win the big one... let's be accurate about the 90s and stop acting like we were the bulls or something...

  15. #45
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Shar, so how the hell do you win a championship without going into the playoffs? We all want a championship, I seriously don't understand what you're trying to say.

    Portland, New Jersey, and Sacramento had competitive STRONG teams that had the opportunity to win a championship. They fell short, it happends to every team in the NBA.

    Do you think we could magically leap the level of a Jailblazer, a Bibby/Peja/Divac/Webber Kings squad or a Nets fast break defensive squad of Kidd/Kittles/Jefferson/Martin and just reach championship level? Hell no, you're wrong. We need to get into the playoffs first, and get experience. Theres nothing wrong with failing in the playoffs, its definately better than being one of the worst teams in the league. Do you want the Knicks to compete or just be losers? I don't know where you're coming from.

    I'm sorry to break it to you, we're not Detroit. Detroit had 3-4 All stars with playoff experience on their team. We have zero. Brown and Isiah are totally different.

    We need to make the playoffs to improve. Not making the playoffs each season doesn't PROGRESS the franchise.

    Bulls failed in the playoffs, but they're projected to be the future of the East, same with the Cavs, Orlando Magic, etc. You don't win championships right away.

    Detroit failed in the playoffs before they won anything. They benefited from EXPERIENCE, thats why Detroit looks like a flawless team at times because of their superior experience.

    Same with the SPURS, they didn't win the title every year, but they were in POSITION to every god damn year they played basketball. The more experience they build, the better they get.


    We weren't the Bulls, but who were like the Bulls? We were ****ing good, and I enjoyed the style we played. If you don't, I can't really consider you a Knick fan. The 90's were awesome, from the beginning to the end.

    I believe we're a 7th-8th seed, and hopefully we get as much experience as possible in the playoffs this season, so we can benefit in the future and finally build an INDENTITY in the ****ing NBA.

Similar Threads

  1. Lampe signs with NY Knicks
    By KnickFan2080 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: Jan 27, 2008, 23:17
  2. Stop the WHINING.. PLEASE!! & READ
    By lilman_bklyn in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: Jul 01, 2007, 16:37
  3. Knicks Draft: Media Feedback
    By Die Dolan Die in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Jul 01, 2006, 05:04
  4. Possible New York Knicks Offseason Ideas....
    By frankwilliams in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: May 10, 2004, 17:18
  5. 11 Names on the Knicks Wanted List
    By keyindabox in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: May 06, 2004, 22:25

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •