Can we finally make it now?

NYKnicks20

Benchwarmer
Bringing in Zach Randolph was a good move, even though I'll miss Channing Frye. It's not a good trade for the long run, but for now that's alright.

What I am worried about is defense. We never had trouble on offense besides bad shooting, now we have a good perimeter shooter who's automatic from 19 feet and in.

Wilson Chandler was a good move, you all were spot on and you knew Thomas was going to draft him.

We have a good nucleous of offensive talent. But can they play defense? Defense gives you easy points on the other end. And with this team, you don't need to worry about points.

Are we all mature enough now to be consistent on a daily bases? We need 100% consistent for 82 games of the season.

I like this team alot, but the doubts on defense keeps haunting me.

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player
"Fuck the Zach Randolph trade"
Can they make it now to where? Championship no! Conference finals NO!.. The playoffs yes, but they could have made it last year as well if they weren't hit with the injuries. I personally don't like the Chandler pick only because now the Knicks have 5 small forwards. they are still mising crucial pieces that will assist them in getting better. Who knows what the rest of the post season has in store, but as it stands right now the knicks are a possible 2nd round playoff team

Last edited:

FameMos

Benchwarmer
5 small forwards? jeffries balkman chandler q is really a sg. whose the fifth? nichols?
The thing about our SF's are they can play other positions. Jefferies 3,4,5,and 2 if we really needed 2. Balkman 3,2,4. Chandler 3 and 4 (Where he'd play @ his best) Q-3 or 2. Nichols 3 or 2.

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player
"Fuck the Zach Randolph trade"
5 small forwards are the ones mentioned, and with the exception of Q-Rich and possibly balkman, none have proven they can play any other postion. Jefferies can only play the 3, frm what we saw last season, he would get abused at the 4 and blown away at the 2. chandler and Nichols have yet to play a game in the NBA, but from what they have said about them, their primary positions are 3's in college o lets not go assuming 6'8 dudes can automatically go and play 2

Last edited:

nyk_nyk

All Star
The playoffs yes, but they could have made it last year as well if they weren't hit with the injuries.

Agree %100 that the Knicks could have and should have made the playoffs last season, but unfortunatlely injuries and awful play doomed us in the end. This current roster is definitley good enough to make the playoffs without a doubt. Everyone should look for Q to be healthy coming into the season and performing at a high level because he is our wild card. No one is really worried about any other position. If the Knicks can just play decent defense it will take this team places.

Toons

is the Bo$$
The randolph trade was definitely an upgrade. Our team is pretty solid to make it to the finals.....i definitely think that our team can see the cavs in 7. Think of it, last year curry scored through tripple teams...y do we need a super small foward to knock down midrange if we have randolph? thomas said that curry is developing his midrange, so if randolph gets it down low, if he's doubled, curry can make a 15 footer....i love our team as it stands. We have the best 4-5 tandem in the east. if we can get either artest, gerald wallace, or mo peterson, without giving up lee, balkman we are perfect. I dont see dickou and jones staying long, i think zeke has them as trade pieces

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
We still need perimeter shooting...midrange shooting isn't going to be enough when getting double teamed. The midrange can easily be defended since it is only a couple of steps from the post but we need a legit three point shooter at the SF. If not Randolph and Curry are constantly going to get doubled teamed since we can't make them pay with open 3s.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
You can't shut down Randolph and Curry unless David Robinson makes a come back with Duncan. As long as they learn to pass out of double teams we'll be straight. Right now we've still got Crawford Richardson and Marbury. I know how every one feels about Crawford but he will get less touches and will make better shots. If we keep him that is.

ShairanXIII

Rotation player
and steph's 3 point shooting did improve last season... give this squad a chance to play before condemning it...

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player
"Fuck the Zach Randolph Trade"

I don't have to give a team a chance to know shit aint right. I still can't believe you guys don't see what I am seeing. I feel like i'm on the titanic I see the iceberg & i'm trying to warn the capt. and every1 who will listen but you guys go on partying thinking everything is cool.
I'm going to say this plain and simple... When Curry was double teamed for the majority of the season, that second defender was not a power forward. So you guys who think curry is going to get doubled and kick it out to Zach, guuess what, that dude is gonna be covered by whoeva the fuck is guarding him. so, no open shots for him.
Now I want to run something else by you guys. I really, truly want you to be honest and objective when answering... Do you guys remember last seasons team? Did you watch any games? If the answer is yes to both then I want you to answer this, WHAT IN THE FUCK, DID THE KNICKS COACHES SHOW YOU LAST YEAR, THAT WOULD MAKE YOU BELIEVE THEY WILL HAVE ANY KIND OF PLAYS TO CALL THAT WILL BENEFIT BOTH CURRY AND RANDOLPH? They don't play calls. That is not the kind of team they are. If the knicks ran a well oiled play calling team, they would have won at least 10 more games. so now all of a sudden after one off season, they are going to learn how ot make it work where 2 big azz post players can play and dominate together?

GiantsKnickFan

Benchwarmer
Listen, isiah has coached a team to the playoffs b4, its not like this is his 1st go around.
And if eddie is double teamed then Randolph will see open shots, he plays the same position as frye, and wasnt frye open all day and night for his jumpers?
Its called ball rotation. Move the ball side to side. Thats it. Saying that doubling curry and randolph wont be open makes absolutely no basketball sense. If curry is doubled by the center and the SG then jamal would be open for the 3 or to penetrate, forcing the next defender to rotate leaving one player open for a quick shot. Who? the PF or SF. at times frye would be open, at times it would be jj/q/balkman etc. With randolph being a PROVEN scorer in this league (23/10 if u didnt notice) PFs wont be as quick to leave him to rotate to the other guy. It happens all the time. That means more open looks for jamal and whoever is playing SF.
its 5on5 basketball lilman, do the math.

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player
Listen, isiah has coached a team to the playoffs b4, its not like this is his 1st go around.
And if eddie is double teamed then Randolph will see open shots, he plays the same position as frye, and wasnt frye open all day and night for his jumpers?
Its called ball rotation. Move the ball side to side. Thats it. Saying that doubling curry and randolph wont be open makes absolutely no basketball sense. If curry is doubled by the center and the SG then jamal would be open for the 3 or to penetrate, forcing the next defender to rotate leaving one player open for a quick shot. Who? the PF or SF. at times frye would be open, at times it would be jj/q/balkman etc. With randolph being a PROVEN scorer in this league (23/10 if u didnt notice) PFs wont be as quick to leave him to rotate to the other guy. It happens all the time. That means more open looks for jamal and whoever is playing SF.
its 5on5 basketball lilman, do the math.

Okay so that is your position on the matter, and I will take it that you are being objective and honest. that's good. But again I want to ask if you were watching games . Listen, the reason why Channing was open was because more or less this past seasonhe was a jump shooter. And again I want to point out that the majority of the points that zach randolph scores are in the paint, this is where he is most dangerous. If the knicks make him a jump shooter solely, i'm sure all knick opponents will be thrilled @ that. But again I bring up play calling. the theory you provided was all well and dandy, but that is not what the knicks have shown . I do believe Curry will be a better passer this upcoming season, but at the same time, if no plays are ran where does the benefit come in?

P.S. What dies Zeke having coached a playoff team have to do with anything? He also won wo nba championships...AND?

IcEWaTEr123

Benchwarmer
We still need perimeter shooting...midrange shooting isn't going to be enough when getting double teamed. The midrange can easily be defended since it is only a couple of steps from the post but we need a legit three point shooter at the SF. If not Randolph and Curry are constantly going to get doubled teamed since we can't make them pay with open 3s.

i agree.. with curry and randolph get doubled the knicks need a solid 3 point shooter to knock those shots down and i think that guy is nichols.. if the knicks could knock down the 3 wen curry and randolph get doubled the knicks will make the playoffs

KnicksFan4Realz

Benchwarmer
Q-Rich's ass needs to go plain and simple and so does Jeffries. Jeffries is too damned soft to be on a KNICK team. Period. Q-Rich just been riddled with too many injuries to even be considered consistent. I wish somehow he would find the game he had in LA, as opposed to the one he had in Phoenix. But this does not seem to be going to happen anytime soon. Balkman is still and unknown quantity that cannot be banked and counted on. I am so sick and tired of hearing the word "potential" potential does not get teams to the playoffs, nor win championships. Period. I think Wilson Chandler was not the best pick! Why because he has not perimeter shot...a true SF can shoot from the perimeter, play defense, and good at the line.....aka Scottie Pippen....Chandler ain't that...closet one to that "potential" we let get away was Alando Tucker...and Phoenix grabbed his ass...and PHOENIX WE ALL KNOW KNOWS HOW TO DRAFT. PERIOD.

Curry is not that good of a passer out of the double team. I hope he has been working on that all off season. Because last year he was terrible at doing it. Randolph is a nice edition...and 4 years from now...very well could get a player better than Frye was...so for the time being that was a smart move. Considering in Zach can keep his big black ass out of trouble. Crawford needs to play under better control at the 2 spot if he is going to be our starting 2. Last year being more of a 6th man...he seemed to do better because perhaps he plays better when there is less structure in what needs be in a starting lineup. Nate Robinson is on the trading block, to that I say great. Because he is not a PG, or SG..he is a tweener. And is too damned erratic, this is the last year of his contract...either this year he puts up or shuts up.

Jerome James still say we need to eat that contract and move on...

Right now with this KNICK team..making the playoffs is not as difficult as it would have been in say the late 80's early-mid 90's. The entire EAST is a hotbox..anyone can WIN. And I do mean anyone. So they have a real chance at winning 40 games...that's only 7 more than last year. And get maybe a 5th or 6th spot. But there is still alot of places where we need to improve...

brooklyn_baller

Benchwarmer
I hope we do make it. We have another post player that can take the pressure off of Curry. Now Isiah can make plays using the power forward postion.

ShairanXIII

Rotation player
Okay so that is your position on the matter, and I will take it that you are being objective and honest. that's good. But again I want to ask if you were watching games . Listen, the reason why Channing was open was because more or less this past seasonhe was a jump shooter. And again I want to point out that the majority of the points that zach randolph scores are in the paint, this is where he is most dangerous. If the knicks make him a jump shooter solely, i'm sure all knick opponents will be thrilled @ that. But again I bring up play calling. the theory you provided was all well and dandy, but that is not what the knicks have shown . I do believe Curry will be a better passer this upcoming season, but at the same time, if no plays are ran where does the benefit come in?

P.S. What dies Zeke having coached a playoff team have to do with anything? He also won wo nba championships...AND?

no one is saying Zach should be primarily a jump shooter... like most players... he shoots a higher percentage closer to the basket than further away... however... he can knock it down consistently... and he can put it on the floor... if Frye could drive... he would have been more effective...

I do agree that IT will need to figure out how to make this work... but he coached indy to two sixty plus win seasons... last season we had a team that was learning and growing... hopefully... IT will hold his guys to higher standards than last year...