WTF is wrong with Stephon...peep this interview (video)!

Starks

Starter
Still its embarrassing to look that retarted on national television. People get fired over shit like that in the real world.

don't ever EVER ever feel sorry for these athletes. They have enough riches to last 6 lifetimes, and they will always have it easier than us working class chumps

Blas

Benchwarmer
At 7:13

I thought he was saying my better whole... not my better ho.

I think he was just extremely nervous. Nervous people do get dry in the mouth, lick their lips alot, ramble, answer incoherantly (sp?), act wierd, etc. which is similar to being high on certain drugs...

Or I could just be innocent and he is in fact high and said my better ho.

ShairanXIII

Rotation player
Great athletes? Some might be decent players but certainly no winners. Which pot head ever lead his team to a NBA championship? I played with peoplewho sparked it up and I still coach two pot heads and non of them was/is a winner.
http://www.alternet.org/drugreporter/10555/

dennis rodman had five rings... barkley was an mvp... different sports but... LT did coke en route to 2 superbowls... Michael Irving, Deion Sanders and the rest of the cowboys were on hard drugs too... weed is neither terribly addictive, nor is it life threatening... and i played with a squad full of weed heads and we won 2 championships... i play with weedheads all the time... and we usually win...

metrocard

Legend
dennis rodman had five rings... barkley was an mvp... different sports but... LT did coke en route to 2 superbowls... Michael Irving, Deion Sanders and the rest of the cowboys were on hard drugs too... weed is neither terribly addictive, nor is it life threatening... and i played with a squad full of weed heads and we won 2 championships... i play with weedheads all the time... and we usually win...

Greatest post ever.

pat

Starter

As I said: no winners. Rodman did not win the titles he just happend to be on the right teams. And the cowboys were on cocain? Well, this is nothing but doping.

If the knicks should win anything next year I will surely admit that you were right. But for now all I can see is a lack of professionalism.

@ metro: And how on earth can you seriously accuse me of disciminating against weed smokers? Not saying anything against an NBA player being high as f#/k on TV would be a discrimination against anybody working nine to five and getting fired for smoking weed on the job.

pyotrveliky

Rotation player
I thought he was saying my better whole... not my better ho.

I think he was just extremely nervous. Nervous people do get dry in the mouth, lick their lips alot, ramble, answer incoherantly (sp?), act wierd, etc. which is similar to being high on certain drugs...

Or I could just be innocent and he is in fact high and said my better ho.

...that maybe works if hes a rookie doing his first interview, and not a 10 year vet

Blas

Benchwarmer
...that maybe works if hes a rookie doing his first interview, and not a 10 year vet

Maybe for some people.

Marbury is trying to change his image right now and trying to better himself. It probably isn't easy for someone going through such a transition. And its one thing to have quick interviews with the media pre, during, and post game or off the street, but how many times has Marbury been on TV in that kind of "talk show" setting? The only reason why I'm defending him, is he didn't seem like he was purposely trying to reck things or look like an idiot. Granted I agree he looked like a fool, but to me it was an honest mistake.

And even if he was a 20 year vet and 39 years old, sometimes speaking is not someones skill (see Shaq or GW Bush; I'm not trying to start a political argument here or bashing our president).

pyotrveliky

Rotation player
Maybe for some people.
but how many times has Marbury been on TV in that kind of "talk show" setting? ...
And even if he was a 20 year vet and 39 years old, sometimes speaking is not someones skill (see Shaq or GW Bush; I'm not trying to start a political argument here or bashing our president).

for one shaq is probably the funniest dude in the nba right now. second, marbury kinda has/had his own tv show where he plays the host so im not sure that your argument holds.

ShairanXIII

Rotation player
As I said: no winners. Rodman did not win the titles he just happend to be on the right teams. And the cowboys were on cocain? Well, this is nothing but doping.

If the knicks should win anything next year I will surely admit that you were right. But for now all I can see is a lack of professionalism.

@ metro: And how on earth can you seriously accuse me of disciminating against weed smokers? Not saying anything against an NBA player being high as f#/k on TV would be a discrimination against anybody working nine to five and getting fired for smoking weed on the job.

what? Dennis Rodman "just happened to be on the right teams?" rodman was the league's leading rebounder averaging 20+ per game... playing excellent man and help defense... he was artest before artest... the 96 - 98 bulls and 89 - 90 pistons might disagree with your assessment about him... Bill Walton was a UCLA great... and brought Por the chip... he helped Bos win another... drug use alone doesn't prevent you from competing or winning... that's all...

sorry if you work for people who would fire you for assuming you were high on the job... steph didn't seem high... he looked unprepared and nervous... not high... all we can do is ASSume he was high... but none of us have proof... so did the argument...

Steph aint necesarily high. He looked happy and one thing that should be no secret to anyone is that Stephon Marbury is not now, nor has he ever been an articulate guy.
He often interviews badly and I have wondered more than once wtf he was trying to say.
But lets love Stephon because he finally figured out what it is he needs to do to win with a team.

Starks

Starter
Yea, lets face it when it comes to Academia, Stephon is probably one of the dumbest athletes in the NBA. Only his cousin Telfair and perhaps Moses Malone rival him in looking profoundly uneducated as Marbury does.

-but hey, there athletes who cares right? They have more money than us, so I guess that means they beat the social system

ShairanXIII

Rotation player
i wasn't saying all that... there are tons of dumb guys in the league... but let's cut the bullshit and stop acting like steph said he wants to sleep with little boys or something...

metrocard

Legend
i wasn't saying all that... there are tons of dumb guys in the league... but let's cut the bullshit and stop acting like steph said he wants to sleep with little boys or something...

Agreed completely. People are blowing this video up for no reason.

nyk_nyk

All Star
Yea, lets face it when it comes to Academia, Stephon is probably one of the dumbest athletes in the NBA. Only his cousin Telfair and perhaps Moses Malone rival him in looking profoundly uneducated as Marbury does.

-but hey, there athletes who cares right? They have more money than us, so I guess that means they beat the social system
Why would you call Steph dumb? If you can understand the message he's getting across then that's what's important. He is paid to play basketball. This is what he was groomed for. Please do not try to make it seem like he needs to become some master of the english language in order to be credible just because he doesn't interview to your standards. Steph does a lot for the community and the kids in general.

I can't remember reading any article in the paper with a Steph quote and thinking he's uneducated.

ShairanXIII

Rotation player
Why would you call Steph dumb? If you can understand the message he's getting across then that's what's important. He is paid to play basketball. This is what he was groomed for. Please do not try to make it seem like he needs to become some master of the english language in order to be credible just because he doesn't interview to your standards. Steph does a lot for the community and the kids in general.

I can't remember reading any article in the paper with a Steph quote and thinking he's uneducated.

chuuch....

mrkyll

Rookie

Moses Malone is NOT dumb and never was.

I'm from Philly, and worked at the old Spectrum in the mid 80's.

I got the chance to meet him and even hung out with him (and several players from that '83 championship team) on a couple of occasions.

During his playing days, he was a horrible public speaker (he's a little better now), but he was no dummy.

He also happens to be a very nice guy with a tremendous sense of humor.