Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 40 of 40

Thread: WTF is wrong with Stephon...peep this interview (video)!

  1. #31
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    421
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally Posted by pyotrveliky
    ...that maybe works if hes a rookie doing his first interview, and not a 10 year vet

    Maybe for some people.

    Marbury is trying to change his image right now and trying to better himself. It probably isn't easy for someone going through such a transition. And its one thing to have quick interviews with the media pre, during, and post game or off the street, but how many times has Marbury been on TV in that kind of "talk show" setting? The only reason why I'm defending him, is he didn't seem like he was purposely trying to reck things or look like an idiot. Granted I agree he looked like a fool, but to me it was an honest mistake.

    And even if he was a 20 year vet and 39 years old, sometimes speaking is not someones skill (see Shaq or GW Bush; I'm not trying to start a political argument here or bashing our president).

  2. #32
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    955
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by jeckomaru
    Maybe for some people.
    but how many times has Marbury been on TV in that kind of "talk show" setting? ...
    And even if he was a 20 year vet and 39 years old, sometimes speaking is not someones skill (see Shaq or GW Bush; I'm not trying to start a political argument here or bashing our president).
    for one shaq is probably the funniest dude in the nba right now. second, marbury kinda has/had his own tv show where he plays the host so im not sure that your argument holds.

  3. #33
    Superstar ShairanXIII's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    501
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally Posted by pat
    As I said: no winners. Rodman did not win the titles he just happend to be on the right teams. And the cowboys were on cocain? Well, this is nothing but doping.

    If the knicks should win anything next year I will surely admit that you were right. But for now all I can see is a lack of professionalism.

    @ metro: And how on earth can you seriously accuse me of disciminating against weed smokers? Not saying anything against an NBA player being high as f#/k on TV would be a discrimination against anybody working nine to five and getting fired for smoking weed on the job.
    what? Dennis Rodman "just happened to be on the right teams?" rodman was the league's leading rebounder averaging 20+ per game... playing excellent man and help defense... he was artest before artest... the 96 - 98 bulls and 89 - 90 pistons might disagree with your assessment about him... Bill Walton was a UCLA great... and brought Por the chip... he helped Bos win another... drug use alone doesn't prevent you from competing or winning... that's all...

    sorry if you work for people who would fire you for assuming you were high on the job... steph didn't seem high... he looked unprepared and nervous... not high... all we can do is ASSume he was high... but none of us have proof... so did the argument...

  4. #34
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    7
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Steph aint necesarily high. He looked happy and one thing that should be no secret to anyone is that Stephon Marbury is not now, nor has he ever been an articulate guy.
    He often interviews badly and I have wondered more than once wtf he was trying to say.
    But lets love Stephon because he finally figured out what it is he needs to do to win with a team.

  5. #35
    Veteran Starks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Bronx
    Posts
    1,472
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Yea, lets face it when it comes to Academia, Stephon is probably one of the dumbest athletes in the NBA. Only his cousin Telfair and perhaps Moses Malone rival him in looking profoundly uneducated as Marbury does.

    -but hey, there athletes who cares right? They have more money than us, so I guess that means they beat the social system

  6. #36
    Superstar ShairanXIII's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    501
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    i wasn't saying all that... there are tons of dumb guys in the league... but let's cut the bull**** and stop acting like steph said he wants to sleep with little boys or something...

  7. #37
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by ShairanXIII
    i wasn't saying all that... there are tons of dumb guys in the league... but let's cut the bull**** and stop acting like steph said he wants to sleep with little boys or something...
    Agreed completely. People are blowing this video up for no reason.

  8. #38
    Veteran nyk_nyk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,529
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by Starks
    Yea, lets face it when it comes to Academia, Stephon is probably one of the dumbest athletes in the NBA. Only his cousin Telfair and perhaps Moses Malone rival him in looking profoundly uneducated as Marbury does.

    -but hey, there athletes who cares right? They have more money than us, so I guess that means they beat the social system
    Why would you call Steph dumb? If you can understand the message he's getting across then that's what's important. He is paid to play basketball. This is what he was groomed for. Please do not try to make it seem like he needs to become some master of the english language in order to be credible just because he doesn't interview to your standards. Steph does a lot for the community and the kids in general.

    I can't remember reading any article in the paper with a Steph quote and thinking he's uneducated.

  9. #39
    Superstar ShairanXIII's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    501
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally Posted by nyk_nyk
    Why would you call Steph dumb? If you can understand the message he's getting across then that's what's important. He is paid to play basketball. This is what he was groomed for. Please do not try to make it seem like he needs to become some master of the english language in order to be credible just because he doesn't interview to your standards. Steph does a lot for the community and the kids in general.

    I can't remember reading any article in the paper with a Steph quote and thinking he's uneducated.
    chuuch....

  10. #40
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    12
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by Starks
    Yea, lets face it when it comes to Academia, Stephon is probably one of the dumbest athletes in the NBA. Only his cousin Telfair and perhaps Moses Malone rival him in looking profoundly uneducated as Marbury does.
    Moses Malone is NOT dumb and never was.

    I'm from Philly, and worked at the old Spectrum in the mid 80's.

    I got the chance to meet him and even hung out with him (and several players from that '83 championship team) on a couple of occasions.

    During his playing days, he was a horrible public speaker (he's a little better now), but he was no dummy.

    He also happens to be a very nice guy with a tremendous sense of humor.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •