Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 57

Thread: Lee for Artest: I really put alot of thought into it

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Lee for Artest: I really put alot of thought into it

    If Sacramento askes for Lee, for us to get Artest, I would do it.

    Why? Not just because Artest is an all star caliber player and elite defender.

    Because everything Lee can bring to this team, Balkman brings it too, but Balkman is much more athletic and a superior defender. Plus, Balkman had a better rookie year and I can see Balkman averaging David Lee-like sophmore numbers this season.

    Balkman per 40 minute stats are insane. He averages a double double, with Gerald Wallace/AK47 defensive type stats.


    Balkman is the SF of the future. But with Artest AND Balkman, our perimeter defense will be insane, along with Marbury and Richardson, our defense would definately be upgraded.

    David Lee is my favorite Knick, thats why I really thought about it. I realized Balkman can be better than Lee, and Balkman's potential is REALLY bright and was a steal at 21. I am wrong for doubting Isiah at 21, he really made me eat my words, cause Balkman is going to be a BEAST.

    Knicks
    Lee
    Robinson
    Rose
    Jefferies

    Kings
    Artest
    Thomas
    Garcia


    Why for Sacramento:
    They get a real rugged PF and the rebounding they need in Lee. Lee is a young player that can shine out west and be their PF for the next 10 years.
    They get a Bobby Jackson-like back up PG in Nate Robinson, something they desperately need. With the loss of Artest, they'll get Jefferies, a 25 year old SF known for his defense. They'll also get an expiring contract in return with Malik Rose.

    Why for New York.
    Defense was one of our biggest weaknesses. It has been for the last 5 years. We get 3 excellent defenders in Artest, Thomas and Garcia.
    Artest only has one year left in his contract. Thomas only has two. Garcia is a shooter/shot blocker, so another plus for New York. We finally get Artest, another all star caliber player who will increase our chances of competing in the Eastern conference playoffs.


    Sacramento Kings
    Bibby
    Martin
    Jefferies
    Lee
    Hawes

    New York Knicks
    Marbury
    Richardson
    Artest
    Randolph
    Curry

    Bench
    G - Collins
    G - Crawford
    G/F - Garcia
    F - Balkman
    C - James


    That squad is balling.

  2. #2
    Superstar WVKnickfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    West Virginia
    Posts
    645
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Im going to give you my take and you will probably not like it.


    Trading away David Lee just to get artest would probably rank up there as one of the worst trades in knick history.Lee made a monsterous leap from his rookie year to last year with his outstanding play on and off the court.Lee is going to keep getting better and better year after year and he would imo be one of the center pieces for the Knicks for years to come and he is a team player and he has a great additude.Now for Artest,sure he is a very talented player that can play great defense BUT the man has MAJOR problems.He is no team player,his personality sucks along with his additude and he is a major problem when he does'nt get his way.He is a major pain were ever he goes and destroys every franchise that he plays for.Now metrocard is that what you really want?? are you willing to throw a very young player thats going to be a BEAST in the NBA away for a me me me kind of player like Artest.Artest is a punk and I don't want him in a Knicks uniform.

    metrocard,I can't make you change your mind but I really hope that you read what I have written and think about it b/c trading away lee for Artest would be a monsterous mistake.

  3. #3
    Knicks Guru hometheaterguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    1,017
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by David Lee is #1
    Im going to give you my take and you will probably not like it.


    Trading away David Lee just to get artest would probably rank up there as one of the worst trades in knick history.Lee made a monsterous leap from his rookie year to last year with his outstanding play on and off the court.Lee is going to keep getting better and better year after year and he would imo be one of the center pieces for the Knicks for years to come and he is a team player and he has a great additude.Now for Artest,sure he is a very talented player that can play great defense BUT the man has MAJOR problems.He is no team player,his personality sucks along with his additude and he is a major problem when he does'nt get his way.He is a major pain were ever he goes and destroys every franchise that he plays for.Now metrocard is that what you really want?? are you willing to throw a very young player thats going to be a BEAST in the NBA away for a me me me kind of player like Artest.Artest is a punk and I don't want him in a Knicks uniform.

    metrocard,I can't make you change your mind but I really hope that you read what I have written and think about it b/c trading away lee for Artest would be a monsterous mistake.
    I agree 100% with you! I would not trade Lee for Artest I would trade any of the other your guys though. I think Artest could be gotten for Balkman, Chandler and an expiring contract. I also think Sacramento would be stupid NOT to make that trade. First of all, Artest isn't exactly heralded by the other GM's in the league; his antics, distractions and lack of enthusiasm has made him a tough player to trade. With all his talent he is an extreme risk (more than Zach) and that really is a shame. Maybe Isiah can real him in and refocus him but it is a crap shoot so why give up a player who has a great work ethic, is a nice guy and not a trouble maker. If you are to move Lee than you need to make a deal for a player that is the next level over Artest; like Garnett (if the Knicks have enough pieces to add in with Lee). I think Lee is expendable if the Knicks can keep Balkman, so if you have to include Lee to get that final piece than so be it; I just don't think Artest and what he brings is that final piece. Artest is a player that brings the Knicks closer to what they want to achieve but is not the end all. I would have a different opinion if the Knicks had some veterans that could act as leaders and role models, but they don't.

  4. #4
    Member D-Lee42fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Denver,CO
    Posts
    228
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    This guy knows what hes talking about. LEE is a BEAST. Not only that but, If you think ppl hate Zeke now- if he goes through with this deal, it will go down as one of the WORST trades in knicks history. Yeah, Artest is a good defensive player, better than lee in that area but LEE kicks his ass in rebounding. People say D wins games,sure, but so does rebounding.

  5. #5
    Member D-Lee42fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Denver,CO
    Posts
    228
    Rep Power
    7

    Nyk Logo

    Originally Posted by David Lee is #1
    Im going to give you my take and you will probably not like it.


    Trading away David Lee just to get artest would probably rank up there as one of the worst trades in knick history.Lee made a monsterous leap from his rookie year to last year with his outstanding play on and off the court.Lee is going to keep getting better and better year after year and he would imo be one of the center pieces for the Knicks for years to come and he is a team player and he has a great additude.Now for Artest,sure he is a very talented player that can play great defense BUT the man has MAJOR problems.He is no team player,his personality sucks along with his additude and he is a major problem when he does'nt get his way.He is a major pain were ever he goes and destroys every franchise that he plays for.Now metrocard is that what you really want?? are you willing to throw a very young player thats going to be a BEAST in the NBA away for a me me me kind of player like Artest.Artest is a punk and I don't want him in a Knicks uniform.

    metrocard,I can't make you change your mind but I really hope that you read what I have written and think about it b/c trading away lee for Artest would be a monsterous mistake.


    This guy knows what hes talking about. LEE is a BEAST. Not only that but, If you think ppl hate Zeke now- if he goes through with this deal, it will go down as one of the WORST trades in knicks history. Yeah, Artest is a good defensive player, better than lee in that area but LEE kicks his ass in rebounding. People say D wins games,sure, but so does rebounding.

  6. #6
    Superstar The 1 and Only's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    995
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Who cares if people hate on Isiah...he's making us better and that's all that matters.

    And I wouldn't think twice of trading Lee if I knew Balkman was ready to take that role and run with it. Balkman has alot more potential than Lee. Although Lee is a monster...he is expendable if we're getting someone that we NEED instead of what we want. And in this case Artest is what we need. We're a top team in rebounding and getting Randolph only makes us better in that category. So trading Lee wouldn't hurt as much in rebounds as it will in the hustle category. All in all...we should trade guards before we trade bigs. Trading Lee would force Malik or one of the JJs or possibly our rookie to step in at the 4...I like my chances with Lee. So trade for artest but we have to keep lee as backup and to bring energy off the bench with balkman.

  7. #7
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    19
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I dont think we have to include Lee in a deal to SAC. They obviously want him, but i think we have enough leverage in the fact that artest wants NY. You say Balkman could turn into a David Lee type guy, but thats a huge COULD. Balkman is much more of a perimeter player, and its very difficult for me to simply assume he could turn into a top 10 NBA rebounder as David Lee has done. Lee not only brings rebounding, but hes extremely intelligent out on the floor and knows his role in the offense.

    I do see Balkman turning being a better defender, but once again i dont think he will be able to guard the PFs that Lee can. One can argue that Lee's rebounding void will be filled by Randolph, but there is something to be said for the kind of hustle and intelligence Lee brings to go along with his great attitude on and off the court.

  8. #8
    Superstar WVKnickfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    West Virginia
    Posts
    645
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by GM_in_2020
    I dont think we have to include Lee in a deal to SAC. They obviously want him, but i think we have enough leverage in the fact that artest wants NY. You say Balkman could turn into a David Lee type guy, but thats a huge COULD. Balkman is much more of a perimeter player, and its very difficult for me to simply assume he could turn into a top 10 NBA rebounder as David Lee has done. Lee not only brings rebounding, but hes extremely intelligent out on the floor and knows his role in the offense.

    I do see Balkman turning being a better defender, but once again i dont think he will be able to guard the PFs that Lee can. One can argue that Lee's rebounding void will be filled by Randolph, but there is something to be said for the kind of hustle and intelligence Lee brings to go along with his great attitude on and off the court.

    Thank you I agree 110% man!!

  9. #9
    Superstar ShairanXIII's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    501
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    i agree with these cats... why trade away dlee when we have the leverage to offer lesser pieces and keep him... besides... like i said on another thread... ronny has a history of alienating teammates... we should be more concerned he doesn't damage any positive momentum we may have...

  10. #10
    Member IcEWaTEr123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    287
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    they cant trade a way lee. he is the most important part of the knicks being a playoff team besides marbury. he will win 6th man where as artest will just get into trouble.

  11. #11
    Superstar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    519
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    "**** the Zach Randolph Trade"
    I agree with the detractors but at the same time, and i can't believe i'm saying this, I can see where metro is coming from. Lee at this point is the most marketable knick. and even though I don't like the trade, the fact of the matter is Zach Randolph can rebound and score. That provides the knicks with a little wiggle room. Of course, you lose Lee's hustle and heart , but you gain artest hustle and heart. But, at the same time, the kings want to get rid of artest and every1 knows it. theres no reason to pay top money for something that someone is begging to get rid of.
    Very tough! but in the end, the Knicks, I believe if Isiah stands strong, the Kings should blink first
    Last edited by lilman_bklyn; Jul 06, 2007 at 01:05.

  12. #12
    Go 1990s New York Knicks! nyKnicks126's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,842
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    I agree Balkman IF he gets his minutes, he will be like Lee or better then Lee. Lee and Balkman we should KEEP. I want them both on the team they are young and talented. and we got Balkman @ 20th pick, Lee 30th. These guys are the future. and we already traded away Frye....

  13. #13
    Superstar pat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    902
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    I wouldn't bring in Artest for one of the cheerleaders. The only reason why he wants to come to NY is to enforce his preposterous music career.

    KEEP Lee.

    Trading him would be exactly as stupid as trading Camby was.

  14. #14
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by pat
    I wouldn't bring in Artest for one of the cheerleaders. The only reason why he wants to come to NY is to enforce his preposterous music career.

    KEEP Lee.

    Trading him would be exactly as stupid as trading Camby was.
    Ridiculous assumption.

    I'm laughing at people's perspective on Artest.

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    219
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by pat
    I wouldn't bring in Artest for one of the cheerleaders. The only reason why he wants to come to NY is to enforce his preposterous music career.

    KEEP Lee.

    Trading him would be exactly as stupid as trading Camby was.
    Excuse me dude,But Isiah WON'T trade Lee for Artest!!!! However,when Jones and Dickau's EXPIRING CONTRACTS are eligible to be used in a trade later this summer that's what will be used!! As long as Artest doesn't have any meltdowns on or off the court,his offensive and defensive skills on the court will help turn us into a CONTENDER!!!!!!!!! You obviously have NO CLUE!!!!!!!

Similar Threads

  1. Thought on our ineffective Centers
    By 20 is a CROOK in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: Aug 13, 2007, 19:34
  2. Replies: 23
    Last Post: May 20, 2006, 16:13
  3. A thought about Q-Rich
    By e_D in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: Aug 09, 2005, 12:37
  4. Replies: 10
    Last Post: Jul 23, 2005, 14:49

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •