Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lee for Artest: I really put alot of thought into it

Nyk Logo Keep lee

Why we gotta give up Lee. Artest will sign with us in 2008 lets just wait. Yo im telling you Lee is LIke Oakley He got that Heart and Hustle that can help solidify this squad 2-3 yrs the Titles ours Watch. this yr in the East we gonna be the 3-4 seed and be playoff bound. I think Curry and Zach is going to be great and can't wait.

L up in sec 420 light that up........

Veteran

Nyk Logo Keep David Lee

Originally Posted by L xx NYK
    Why we gotta give up Lee. Artest will sign with us in 2008 lets just wait. Yo im telling you Lee is LIke Oakley He got that Heart and Hustle that can help solidify this squad 2-3 yrs the Titles ours Watch. this yr in the East we gonna be the 3-4 seed and be playoff bound. I think Curry and Zach is going to be great and can't wait.

L up in sec 420 light that up........
    I am down with the KEEP David Lee campaign.
    Lee should be a Knick for the next 6 years.
    Chicago just resigned Nocioni for 5 more years and this is what the Knicks must do to David Lee next offseason.
    However, David Lee ability to play well performances at all three positions SF, PF, and Center as a second season player puts him way above players like Oakley and other good PF in the NBA. Plus he is young and showing improvement after improvement for his growth in the NBA.
    The Best thing that I can say about David Lee is the Knicks should've Started him all 82 games alongside of Eddy Curry and they would've WON way more games than just 33...

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    Chicago just resigned Nocioni for 5 more years and this is what the Knicks must do to David Lee next offseason.
    However, David Lee ability to play well performances at all three positions SF, PF, and Center as a second season player puts him way above players like Oakley and other good PF in the NBA. Plus he is young and showing improvement after improvement for his growth in the NBA.
    The Best thing that I can say about David Lee is the Knicks should've Started him all 82 games alongside of Eddy Curry and they would've WON way more games than just 33...

Exactly,if Isiah trades Lee then that would tell me that he does'nt want to turn this team into a contender and start winning again.Im still confused why anybody on this board would want to trade Lee,Baukman for a no good for nothing trouble maker like Artest.Artest is nothing but a cancer and would single handedly destroy the NY Knicks.Now if thats what some of you really want then you must love watching the Knicks stink up the place every year.All im trying to say is look at the team we have now!!! This team is young and is ready to make a run in to the playoffs.We don't need Artest b/c our team is set with nothing but YOUNG talent that will be here for a long long time wearing a Knicks uniform.

Game Thread 10 Reasons why we CANT Trade Lee

The reasons why we shouldn't trade Lee are

1. He wants 2 stay a Knick
    2. He plays hard
    3. He is only player (IMO) if traded, we would regret 4 yrs
    4. Fan Fav.
    5. Will be the player Frye was pose 2 be
    6. Cares about the Franchise (Only Knick @ the Draft, radio interviews on what he thinks we need 2 do 2 win)
    7. Willing 2 play on the bench when he could ask 2 be traded (knowing he could start on damn there ne teams roster)
    8. Has the potential 2 be a 18pt 20reb(LITERALLY) guy if he avg. 40+ min a game (If he develops a 15ft j...which I know he will)
    9. Very Coachable
    10. Not a disruption in the locker room

And there's more reasons but yall see where i'm commin from

Superstar

Breaking News

isiahs come out and said he wont trade lee for artest - [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Originally Posted by pyotrveliky
    isiahs come out and said he wont trade lee for artest - [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Thank you,thank you thank you!!!!!

Superstar

D Lee must stay. He is a character guy among a bunch of guys who tend to stray to the dark side. You must look past Lee great performances on the court. Lee has the Knicks players utmost respect. He playes hard, he doesn't complain he knows his role, he intelligent and the Garden loves him. When players on the team see the Garden cheer for Lee every time he gets on the court other players will see that a good guy who just plays hard and the right way can be "THE MAN" and that is what Lee is. Artest is none of those. Artest is not any of the aforementioned charateristics of Lee. Artest, yea we would get a very good defensive player but come on Artest can explode, he already wrecked some MSG network equipment when he played at MSG. Lee is the glue of this team, Artest will divide it.

Originally Posted by David Lee is #1
    Thank you,thank you thank you!!!!!
    Lol, i can literally see lee/knick fans everywhere jumping up and down.

Originally Posted by David Lee is #1
    Im going to give you my take and you will probably not like it.

Trading away David Lee just to get artest would probably rank up there as one of the worst trades in knick history.Lee made a monsterous leap from his rookie year to last year with his outstanding play on and off the court.Lee is going to keep getting better and better year after year and he would imo be one of the center pieces for the Knicks for years to come and he is a team player and he has a great additude.Now for Artest,sure he is a very talented player that can play great defense BUT the man has MAJOR problems.He is no team player,his personality sucks along with his additude and he is a major problem when he does'nt get his way.He is a major pain were ever he goes and destroys every franchise that he plays for.Now metrocard is that what you really want?? are you willing to throw a very young player thats going to be a BEAST in the NBA away for a me me me kind of player like Artest.Artest is a punk and I don't want him in a Knicks uniform.

metrocard,I can't make you change your mind but I really hope that you read what I have written and think about it b/c trading away lee for Artest would be a monsterous mistake.
    I agree 100% with you! I would not trade Lee for Artest I would trade any of the other your guys though. I think Artest could be gotten for Balkman, Chandler and an expiring contract. I also think Sacramento would be stupid NOT to make that trade. First of all, Artest isn't exactly heralded by the other GM's in the league; his antics, distractions and lack of enthusiasm has made him a tough player to trade. With all his talent he is an extreme risk (more than Zach) and that really is a shame. Maybe Isiah can real him in and refocus him but it is a crap shoot so why give up a player who has a great work ethic, is a nice guy and not a trouble maker. If you are to move Lee than you need to make a deal for a player that is the next level over Artest; like Garnett (if the Knicks have enough pieces to add in with Lee). I think Lee is expendable if the Knicks can keep Balkman, so if you have to include Lee to get that final piece than so be it; I just don't think Artest and what he brings is that final piece. Artest is a player that brings the Knicks closer to what they want to achieve but is not the end all. I would have a different opinion if the Knicks had some veterans that could act as leaders and role models, but they don't.

Superstar

Originally Posted by Blumatic
    D Lee must stay. He is a character guy among a bunch of guys who tend to stray to the dark side.
    please elaborate on who these guys who tend to stray to the dark side are? other than Z-Bo

Superstar

It's great that people like David Lee. But please remember this was his first big season. I just hope some of you fair weather fans are still fans if David Lee has an off season. I see how people ****ted on Frye after his good rookie season. I've said this b4 and will say it again, the fickleness of Knick fans is ridiculous. We want to win now and if we don't then we want to **** on everybody.

Lee isn't going anywhere according to IT... lee is gonna be a key reserve averaging at least 30 mpg between (mostly) PF and (some) C...

lilman... you right about knick fans... god forbid balkman or lee has a bad season next year... everyone will be typing for their heads by march...

Default Lee better than Oakley?

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    Dont get me wrong, I love DLee. I think he brings alot of intangibles just like the Oak did. But anybody that has seen Oak step in at center against the likes of Shaq back in the days would never say Lee played a better center. And at least Oakley managed to developed a pretty reliable 15 footer.

I think DLee has awhile to go before he deserves those kinds of comparisons.

I wouldn't bring in Artest for one of the cheerleaders. The only reason why he wants to come to NY is to enforce his preposterous music career.

KEEP Lee.

Trading him would be exactly as stupid as trading Camby was.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by pat
    I wouldn't bring in Artest for one of the cheerleaders. The only reason why he wants to come to NY is to enforce his preposterous music career.

KEEP Lee.

Trading him would be exactly as stupid as trading Camby was.
    Ridiculous assumption.

I'm laughing at people's perspective on Artest.