Lee for Artest: I really put alot of thought into it

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player
It's great that people like David Lee. But please remember this was his first big season. I just hope some of you fair weather fans are still fans if David Lee has an off season. I see how people shitted on Frye after his good rookie season. I've said this b4 and will say it again, the fickleness of Knick fans is ridiculous. We want to win now and if we don't then we want to shit on everybody.

ShairanXIII

Rotation player
Lee isn't going anywhere according to IT... lee is gonna be a key reserve averaging at least 30 mpg between (mostly) PF and (some) C...

lilman... you right about knick fans... god forbid balkman or lee has a bad season next year... everyone will be typing for their heads by march...

Lee better than Oakley?

I am down with the KEEP David Lee campaign.
Lee should be a Knick for the next 6 years.
Chicago just resigned Nocioni for 5 more years and this is what the Knicks must do to David Lee next offseason.
However, David Lee ability to play well performances at all three positions SF, PF, and Center as a second season player puts him way above players like Oakley and other good PF in the NBA. Plus he is young and showing improvement after improvement for his growth in the NBA.
The Best thing that I can say about David Lee is the Knicks should've Started him all 82 games alongside of Eddy Curry and they would've WON way more games than just 33...

Dont get me wrong, I love DLee. I think he brings alot of intangibles just like the Oak did. But anybody that has seen Oak step in at center against the likes of Shaq back in the days would never say Lee played a better center. And at least Oakley managed to developed a pretty reliable 15 footer.

I think DLee has awhile to go before he deserves those kinds of comparisons.

pat

Starter
I wouldn't bring in Artest for one of the cheerleaders. The only reason why he wants to come to NY is to enforce his preposterous music career.

KEEP Lee.

Trading him would be exactly as stupid as trading Camby was.

metrocard

Legend
I wouldn't bring in Artest for one of the cheerleaders. The only reason why he wants to come to NY is to enforce his preposterous music career.

KEEP Lee.

Ridiculous assumption.

I'm laughing at people's perspective on Artest.

George M.

Benchwarmer

KEEP Lee.

Excuse me dude,But Isiah WON'T trade Lee for Artest!!!! However,when Jones and Dickau's EXPIRING CONTRACTS are eligible to be used in a trade later this summer that's what will be used!! As long as Artest doesn't have any meltdowns on or off the court,his offensive and defensive skills on the court will help turn us into a CONTENDER!!!!!!!!! You obviously have NO CLUE!!!!!!!

metrocard

Legend
Excuse me dude,But Isiah WON'T trade Lee for Artest!!!! However,when Jones and Dickau's EXPIRING CONTRACTS are eligible to be used in a trade later this summer that's what will be used!! As long as Artest doesn't have any meltdowns on or off the court,his offensive and defensive skills on the court will help turn us into a CONTENDER!!!!!!!!! You obviously have NO CLUE!!!!!!!

OKAY!!!!!!!!!

Blumatic

Rotation player
please elaborate on who these guys who tend to stray to the dark side are? other than Z-Bo

Good Call. When I meant dark side I mean how the other players may not bring their hustle. D Lee shows those guys like Curry the hustle can win games along with talent. Z-Bo's past is not part of the equation.

D-Lee42fan

Benchwarmer
This guy knows what hes talking about. LEE is a BEAST. Not only that but, If you think ppl hate Zeke now- if he goes through with this deal, it will go down as one of the WORST trades in knicks history. Yeah, Artest is a good defensive player, better than lee in that area but LEE kicks his ass in rebounding. People say D wins games,sure, but so does rebounding.

D-Lee42fan

Benchwarmer
Im going to give you my take and you will probably not like it.

Trading away David Lee just to get artest would probably rank up there as one of the worst trades in knick history.Lee made a monsterous leap from his rookie year to last year with his outstanding play on and off the court.Lee is going to keep getting better and better year after year and he would imo be one of the center pieces for the Knicks for years to come and he is a team player and he has a great additude.Now for Artest,sure he is a very talented player that can play great defense BUT the man has MAJOR problems.He is no team player,his personality sucks along with his additude and he is a major problem when he does'nt get his way.He is a major pain were ever he goes and destroys every franchise that he plays for.Now metrocard is that what you really want?? are you willing to throw a very young player thats going to be a BEAST in the NBA away for a me me me kind of player like Artest.Artest is a punk and I don't want him in a Knicks uniform.

metrocard,I can't make you change your mind but I really hope that you read what I have written and think about it b/c trading away lee for Artest would be a monsterous mistake.

This guy knows what hes talking about. LEE is a BEAST. Not only that but, If you think ppl hate Zeke now- if he goes through with this deal, it will go down as one of the WORST trades in knicks history. Yeah, Artest is a good defensive player, better than lee in that area but LEE kicks his ass in rebounding. People say D wins games,sure, but so does rebounding.

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
Who cares if people hate on Isiah...he's making us better and that's all that matters.

And I wouldn't think twice of trading Lee if I knew Balkman was ready to take that role and run with it. Balkman has alot more potential than Lee. Although Lee is a monster...he is expendable if we're getting someone that we NEED instead of what we want. And in this case Artest is what we need. We're a top team in rebounding and getting Randolph only makes us better in that category. So trading Lee wouldn't hurt as much in rebounds as it will in the hustle category. All in all...we should trade guards before we trade bigs. Trading Lee would force Malik or one of the JJs or possibly our rookie to step in at the 4...I like my chances with Lee. So trade for artest but we have to keep lee as backup and to bring energy off the bench with balkman.

You are crazy to even think about getting of an amberdextrious,leaping,unselfish,rebounding monster who has a love for the game and is only going to get better with time.(defence,jump shot). All we have to do is wait a year when he opts out of Sac. anyway.

I said from day 1

The second we Got Zach that made Lee expendable. Because I don't care what anyone says, Balkman will be a better player than Lee. He is already one of the best defenders in basketball, and not just by Knick fans. He blocks a lot of shots for a man his size. Hustle is ridiculous ( he reminds me of the dude who can't do nothing else on the court, but whoever he gaurds is in for a long day, don't you hate that guy? ). He also seems to be working on his weak perimeter game.

If push came to shove, I'd trade Lee in a heartbeat, but not just to get Ron. They's have to give up more in the deal as well to compensate.

That said, Zeke ain't stupid. He knows he is essentially bidding against himself simply because even Nate in a deal for Artest is better than what they'd get anywhere else. And by a nice margin. Lee or Balkman won't be in that deal, push came to shove though it'd certainly be Lee going. Balkman's package is very rare. Lee does not have the ability Balkman has. Anyone who thinks so is blind.

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
You are crazy to even think about getting of an amberdextrious,leaping,unselfish,rebounding monster who has a love for the game and is only going to get better with time.(defence,jump shot). All we have to do is wait a year when he opts out of Sac. anyway.

I'm confused by your post...do you mean giving up instead of giving? Anyways that's not crazy...it's only crazy because he's your fav player which is going to output a biased opinion.
REALITY CHECK
Balkman>Lee
Artest>Lee
Perimeter defense (in dire need) > rebounding
defense> rebounding, 3pt shooting, TO woes

We need defense like a diabetic needs insulin. Artest is a great defender with a good offensive upside. Yes Lee is a monster on the boards...yes Lee is a hustling phenom but you aren't seeing the big picture...you're just seeing Lee is about to get traded and you're about to have a heart attack. We need defense and as much as I'd hate to see Lee go...we need artest more. And it's true we could wait a year and get him next year but that's risky since other teams are going to be bidding for him also. I would trade nate first...if they aren't budging...then we have to trade Lee. I want this team to win that ring...not see one of my fav players excel and we continue to fight for the number 1 draft pick...dump the favorite player scheme and get with it. I'm a knick fan first...then i like my favorite players...never put your fav player above the team....never. Make the trade go down...get artest and kenny thomas.

Roster if Lee is traded
PG Marbury/Collins
SG Q-Rich/JC
SF Artest/Balkman
PF Randolph/Kenny Thomas
C Curry/Morris

Knicks4lyfe
The second we Got Zach that made Lee expendable. Because I don't care what anyone says, Balkman will be a better player than Lee. He is already one of the best defenders in basketball, and not just by Knick fans. He blocks a lot of shots for a man his size. Hustle is ridiculous ( he reminds me of the dude who can't do nothing else on the court, but whoever he gaurds is in for a long day, don't you hate that guy? ). He also seems to be working on his weak perimeter game.

If push came to shove, I'd trade Lee in a heartbeat, but not just to get Ron. They's have to give up more in the deal as well to compensate.

That said, Zeke ain't stupid. He knows he is essentially bidding against himself simply because even Nate in a deal for Artest is better than what they'd get anywhere else. And by a nice margin. Lee or Balkman won't be in that deal, push came to shove though it'd certainly be Lee going. Balkman's package is very rare. Lee does not have the ability Balkman has. Anyone who thinks so is blind.

Exactly

dialdayo

Rookie
wow yaal guys are pretty confident in mr balkman here...he is a monster, but do u really want to give up one of our young talents for artest..think about it we need defense now but we can wai cuz we are the favortite to sign him anyway...artest lee and balkman on one team think about it..were gonna need great bench players and i dont think we should give up lee for artest because chances are both Balkman and lee will be coming off the bench so when our starters our tired our second unit can come in..david lee+balkman and they can give us quality bench minutes...why would you wanna give up one of our bright young future stars for a guy who can opt out next season...if we gave up lee for artest and say we lost in the first round of the playoffs...we will be feelin REAL STUPID especially if lee has a breakthrough "most-improved player" type year...basic point is KEEP LEE..get artest next year..lee has too much potential to give up on him for now

wow yaal guys are pretty confident in mr balkman here...he is a monster, but do u really want to give up one of our young talents for artest..think about it we need defense now but we can wai cuz we are the favortite to sign him anyway...artest lee and balkman on one team think about it..were gonna need great bench players and i dont think we should give up lee for artest because chances are both Balkman and lee will be coming off the bench so when our starters our tired our second unit can come in..david lee+balkman and they can give us quality bench minutes...why would you wanna give up one of our bright young future stars for a guy who can opt out next season...if we gave up lee for artest and say we lost in the first round of the playoffs...we will be feelin REAL STUPID especially if lee has a breakthrough "most-improved player" type year...basic point is KEEP LEE..get artest next year..lee has too much potential to give up on him for now

No one here is saying they want Lee gone. We all want Lee and Balkman here and Ron. However, Lee is expendable with Zach in the fold, and Ron would bring more to the team whether Lee stays or goes. That is the bottom line.

Did you watch Balkman last year? Basically with no offensive game at all other than hustle, he put up solid numbers when given big minutes. He is a million times better than David Lee defensively, and that probably will never change. I'm will to go as far to say Balkman plays as good one on one defense as any player in basketball. He can defend at least 3 sometimes 4 positions on the floor. He blocks shots on his man, not always in help defense, which is the sign of a truly great defender. And when given minutes he rebounded almost as good as Lee in a smaller frame.

You can tell he worked on his handle and jumper in the off season, and he wants to get better. The logical thinking is, Ron and Balkman would give you two of the best on the ball defenders on one team in basketball. Lee, as good as he is, is simply not nearly as stout as either player on that end. While both players can do reasonably well at what he does best, since Ron and Balkman are also hustle players like Lee.

Lee won't go in that deal though. Bibby is going to be traded. They want Nate. Zeke will sweeten it however he needs too without trading Balk or Lee.