*Official Summer League Thread*

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player
blasphemy!!!

Call it what you will, but the Knicks would have been better off looking for a point guard who could have actually made his teammates better instead of keeping charlie ward around all those years and lettin his azz get flipped by PJ Brown. He never averaged 6 assist any given year. he played good defense but so what the entire team p[layed good defense. He was an average player that played way to long in a Knick uniform

I agree completely.

Its only one SL though, but Chandler look really impressive. Same with Nichols.

These two guys are very versitle and can play multiple positions. They're going to be excellent bench players for us.

Balkman is just an animal. Like I said, Balkman is our best YOUNG player he brings something no one else on this roster('cept Lee) brings and thats high intensity agressive basketball on both sides.

donchris, good post.

We're going to fucking CRUSH CHINA. Balkman is going to make Yi his personal ho.

Not to get too excited.... but Chandler looked good last night, the thing w/ summer league is you have to take almost everything w/ a grain a salt. The thing that you most watch for is player instincts, defense, and rebounding, because those are things that will not fade once the competition increases. I like the way Chandler played the passing lane, and made the outlet passes to Balkman. I mean the two of them looked like they have been playing together for four years last night, imagine if they grow together over the years. I like Nichols ability to come of screens and score as well as knocking down all the open shots he got, again these are the types of plays that show talent to me, not just the fact that shots were dropping but these are the type of shots he should be able to hit in the regular season too. Which brings me to Morris, not to say his rebounding wasn't impresses ( remember that was the knock on him, and odly enough David Lee when he came into the league)but he won't score those buckets on pro post players, I like the wide open shot he hit the Nate fed to him, but other than that I think he just looked a little better because of who he was matched against. Renaldo is still skinny but showed his hustle last year wasn't just about him trying to make the team, and looks like he's going to still be our energy guy.Nate was a little bit more controlled, but is still light years away from being a point, but I really think he can be smallest 2 guard in league history, he's a scoring machine, just not a playmaker. NIce to hear Q is feeling back to normal ( no pun), maybe we won't need Artest after all ? I'm now torn as to if we should keep Fred Jones or not, an athletic Defensive SG might need to be a keeper, think about it, like Q said last night we have 5 starters capable of giving 20 a game, but I think maybe we need a starter who can score but doesn't have to and brings some intagiables. Q, Steph, and Jones may not be Billups,Hamilton, and Prince, but it is a good enough perimeter D to prevent our weak interior D from being exploited every night. But then again who do we trade Jamal to and for who, we need to get rid of some of these players, and Nichols and Chandler look like keepers. I say first we cut Jerome James, look there is no putting lip stick on that pig, it was a horrible acquisition, and just even seeing him on the bench is a insult to the team. I was for cutting Malik until I heard he was joining the team in Vegas this week, plus he's our looker room leader, so now it's Dan Dick ( pause) that we need to cut in my opinion, Mardy is our backup, Nate plays with too much heart to let go, so DD is gone. Defensively our bench is solid, w Lee, Balkman, Mardy, and Jones, but we need another starter to bring that defensive tenacity.

Tonight let's shut down Yi for disrespecting the game by not wanting to play for the franchise that greats such as Osacar Robinson, and Kareem made a name for themselves. I hope he gets dunked on, or better yet I hope Nate blocks him like he did Yao Ming

FLipfacTion4LyfE

Benchwarmer
haha did anybody see that air-ball layup in the first quarter last night? pretty sad.. and I donno why but these games are reaaaaaaally boring in the 3rd and 4th quarters.

yo your man from Valpo is nice, he probably won't make the Knicks but he should play in the league. Great win tonight for the summer school boys, I hope that the real team can play w/ that type of energy. Nichols and Chandler impressed again, and like I said the kid from Valpo he has a nice handle on the game when he's in. Nate and Balk really showed leadership tonight, and ofcourse Yi got blocked and dunked on ( well he was by the basket when Chandler threw it down) so all in all another good night for me.

metrocard

Legend
yo your man from Valpo is nice, he probably won't make the Knicks but he should play in the league. Great win tonight for the summer school boys, I hope that the real team can play w/ that type of energy. Nichols and Chandler impressed again, and like I said the kid from Valpo he has a nice handle on the game when he's in. Nate and Balk really showed leadership tonight, and ofcourse Yi got blocked and dunked on ( well he was by the basket when Chandler threw it down) so all in all another good night for me.

Who is this kid Greene? He's look polished. Balkman has shutdown the Summer League.

Ali is a SG, they're making him play PG, lol.

loumev

Rookie
Nate?

Guys,

I love Nate too. I agree with all of you in that he brings great energy to the team when hes on the court. But for you to bash the other guards on the team when comparing them to Nate is crazy. Nate, and this is very disappointing to say considering his height, is not a very good ballhandler. He's just not. Maybe its because his hands are too small, but its one of the reasons hes not a good PG. YOu guys are clamoring for him to run the team, thats nonsense. On top of all that, for a guy thats a former Db in football, why doesnt he play "D"? He should be like Muggy Bogues and terrorize guys who put it on the floor.

Hes got a pretty good shot from 3 pt. range and hes good for about one amazing athletic play per game, but hes not consistent. I have liked what ive seen from him this summer though. He does look like hes interested in getting his teamates the ball more often which is encouraging. No matter how talented he is, a 5'8" guy can NOT take over games by himself on a consistent basis. Maybe hes finally learning that.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
man i love nate, its just that sometimes he gets out of control, he is a scoring machine, he is perfect for the knicks when they down double digits, and he plays his heart out, u cant knock em for dat

nyk_nyk

All Star
For the second straight night the Knicks impressed with a very solid victory. So far I like the patience on the low block by Randolph Morris. He doesn't force anything and has a nice touch 8 to 10 feet away.

Renaldo Balkman is just showing people why he is one of the players to watch coming into this season.

Wilson Chandler could be a gem for the Knicks if his offensive game is for real. This guy is tough to guard from anywhere on the floor. Unfotunately, he'll mostly watch from the bench with Q, Jeffries and Balkman ahead of him on the depth chart.

Demetris Nichols is currently shooting %40 from 3pt range. I think he is playing up to the scouts expectations thus far. Nice quick release.

I disagree with people who feel that Nate doesn't have a good handle. He is extremely quick and as far as i've seen, he doesn't ge the ball stolen from him unless he is trying to make a bad or difficult pass.

Also, I hear that Q is feeling great and will be %100 by the start of training camp. I've said in previous threads that a healthy Q is more than sufficient to hold doen the SF position. Remember, he was one of the best defenders last season.

Curry - Interior Bad Ass
Randolph - Interior Bad Ass with a 10 foot jumper and rebounder
Richardson - Great D, boards and offensive weapon from inside and out
Crawford - Streak shooter, superb ball handler, good passer and clutch performer
Marbury - Top 10 PG in the league... nuff said

loumev

Rookie
I love your enthusiasm

Nate has problems handling the ball. Perhaps part of the problem is because he is out of control at times. If hes playing too fast - and then trying to find a team mate in the paint - it will be a turnover. Or sometimes, he goes too fast and then doesn't make the right decision.

Again he does look better this summer. We'll see if he keeps it up during the regular season.

ShairanXIII

Rotation player
Time Warner Customers:
Did anyone find this game on MSG last night?

YEARITEHERE... good looks on the link... you gonna post tonight's game?

portega1968

El Cacique
For the second straight night the Knicks impressed with a very solid victory. So far I like the patience on the low block by Randolph Morris. He doesn't force anything and has a nice touch 8 to 10 feet away.

Renaldo Balkman is just showing people why he is one of the players to watch coming into this season.

Wilson Chandler could be a gem for the Knicks if his offensive game is for real. This guy is tough to guard from anywhere on the floor. Unfotunately, he'll mostly watch from the bench with Q, Jeffries and Balkman ahead of him on the depth chart.

Demetris Nichols is currently shooting %40 from 3pt range. I think he is playing up to the scouts expectations thus far. Nice quick release.

I disagree with people who feel that Nate doesn't have a good handle. He is extremely quick and as far as i've seen, he doesn't ge the ball stolen from him unless he is trying to make a bad or difficult pass.

Also, I hear that Q is feeling great and will be %100 by the start of training camp. I've said in previous threads that a healthy Q is more than sufficient to hold doen the SF position. Remember, he was one of the best defenders last season.

Curry - Interior Bad Ass
Randolph - Interior Bad Ass with a 10 foot jumper and rebounder
Richardson - Great D, boards and offensive weapon from inside and out
Crawford - Streak shooter, superb ball handler, good passer and clutch performer
Marbury - Top 10 PG in the league... nuff said

Every year I hear the same crap about Q (that he feels better for next season). I'd bet my guanabanas that he'll be a DNP because of injury within the first 10 games... his back aint gonna let him be 100% ever again, plain and simple.

My homeboy Ali Berdiel has game, so I'm hoping he gets more minutes in the remaining summer league matchups.

Marco Belinelli will be 2008 ROY and 3point champ, watchout for this kid, hes an Italian Reggie Miller!!!

metrocard

Legend
Every year I hear the same crap about Q (that he feels better for next season). I'd bet my guanabanas that he'll be a DNP because of injury within the first 10 games... his back aint gonna let him be 100% ever again, plain and simple.

My homeboy Ali Berdiel has game, so I'm hoping he gets more minutes in the remaining summer league matchups.

Marco Belinelli will be 2008 ROY and 3point champ, watchout for this kid, hes an Italian Reggie Miller!!!

Sup mi pana, Ali Berdiel has game, but they're making him play PG, when he's a SG. He's more of a shooter from what I seen in BSNPR.

What you think of Jose Juan Barea? He's looked like the best player in summer league. He's fast, plays like Nash(penatrating, dishing), he's confident in his long range shot. I'm mad that Dallas has him. Barea would be an awesome back up for this team and PG of the future.

Belinelli is a beast.

As for Balkman, he'll probably be the only guy to play defense in the Sophmore-Rookie game, he's that intense. He's putting down the confidence of these lottery picks and I'm loving it. He's a fucking animal and should start. Fuck starting Lee at the 3, because Balkman is the best 3 we have.

Starbury
Q
Balkmania
Eddy Winslow
Chubs

42-45 wins.

dialdayo

Rookie
wai wai wai

did u jus say start balkman in front of david lee?? are u mad..are u insane?? david lee can give u 13p and 13 rebounds a game..