*Official Summer League Thread*

metrocard

Legend
Balkman can give you the same along with shutdown D a few Steals and maybe a block

Exactly, Balkman can push the ball in the full court, play lock down defense, and play help defense. Balkman averaged over 11 rebs in per 40 minutes stats. Plus Balkman is your typical SF who matches well with other SF's like Marion, Kirilenko, Wallace, Lebron, Prince, Pierce etc. Lee would be a terrible match up with those players, not because Lee isn't better than Balkman, but its just a bad match up. Lee isn't the defender Balkman is and it would be silly to start Lee at the 3.

I guess that kid hasn't been watching Renaldo too much.

GetRealistic

Starter
My starting five would be

Marbury
Q
Jefferies
Zack
Curry

Way i figure it is Jefferies starts but basically only plays the first 5 minutes of each half. I just love having two big time energy guys off the bench. Lee and Balkman on the bench brings so much enthusiasm, not to mention they both play better with Crawford and Nate on the floor with them. And just remember fellas the five that starts doesn't have to finish.

Early in the games we're going to be a slow it down pound it inside team. But once the bench comes in we could be a dangerous up tempo team. Maybe throw in a full court press every now and then.

Just my opinion though.

CoolClyde

<<Starbury
Q
Balkmania
Eddy Winslow
Chubs>>

hahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahchubs

i think i caught balkmania!

word
CC

Trin_Starr

Starter
The more I watch the summer league, the more I love our squad...
We have a nice mix of vets and upcoming youngins'

Damn I mean our starting 5 can be
PG: Steph
SG: JC
SF: Q
PF: Zach
C: Curry

Youngins:
PG: Mardy, Nate
SG: Nichols
SF: Balkman, Chandler
PF: D.Lee
C: Morris

donchris

Next season, keep waiting

Marbury
Q
Jefferies
Zack
Curry

Way i figure it is Jefferies starts but basically only plays the first 5 minutes of each half. I just love having two big time energy guys off the bench. Lee and Balkman on the bench brings so much enthusiasm, not to mention they both play better with Crawford and Nate on the floor with them. And just remember fellas the five that starts doesn't have to finish.

Early in the games we're going to be a slow it down pound it inside team. But once the bench comes in we could be a dangerous up tempo team. Maybe throw in a full court press every now and then.

Just my opinion though.

I like this line up. I still want to see what Jeffries can do on the defensive end and the bench are almost as good as the starters.

FameMos

Benchwarmer
The more I watch the summer league, the more I love our squad...
We have a nice mix of vets and upcoming youngins'

I totally agree. I just hope we have the same chemistry when the games really count. I think the chemistry will be good...my only question mark would be with our 2 starting bigs (how will they coexist?) If they can buy into the team system Zeke's trying 2 establish....We should DOMINATE the EASTERN CONFERENCE.

metrocard

Legend

Marbury
Q
Jefferies
Zack
Curry

Just my opinion though.

I understand where you're coming from. If Jefferies plays defense, it would really help. a 6"10 guy playing defense at 3 positions is a benefit. As long Balkman gets over 28 minutes a game, I don't mind if its off the bench.

LJ4ptplay

Starter

Marbury
Q
Jefferies
Zack
Curry

Just my opinion though.

I definitely like the idea of Lee and Balkman coming off the bench and being on the court at the same time. Those guys together will out-hustle most teams in the NBA. When Eddie comes out, move Z Randolph to the C and put Lee in at PF and Balk at SF. That's just daring a team to try and rebound against us!! The only thing that worries me is that Jeffries has no jumpshot, and a slow tempo lineup that pounds it inside will be double teamed off of Jeffries man. Many teams did this to us last year. I still think Jeffries can be a good player for the Knicks, but his poor shooting is a huge weakness.

just caught the end of the Sac game, we looked sloppy in the 4th, but I like the way Nate and Renaldo just came in and took back controll for us. I missed the first 3 periods, but it looked like from the box score that Chandler and Nichols did their thing again, looks like Morris can really hit the boards, looks like Jerome James's days may be coming to a end soon, I hate buying players out, but he is a major exception, plus we actually traded away Francis so it makes it easier to swallow. What do yall think is better for Nichols... riding the bench all season but still making the squad, or he playing in Europe working on his game, with the hope he joins us soon. I just think there is no comp. like the NBA, practicing w/ players like Q, Jamall, Steph, Nate everyday in practice would prepare him for the league. Wilson Chandler will get the same type of training from Balk, Jefferies and Q.

Oh how could I forget Nate had more than 10 assist, and Balk hit on 8 of 10 from the line, if Balk can improve from the line like Lee did, then watch out ! he and David just grab so many offensive boards that if Lee can stay at 80 pct from the line and if Balkman is in high 70's then they'll both average 10 off the bench....Alright let's not get too excited about next years possibilities, I remember I thought that Larry Brown's first season was going to be a great sucess for us

GiantsKnickFan

Benchwarmer
Lol, ya it felt like larry brown hyped us for the worst.
But from the SAC game, Nichols is no joke. 3-4 from 3pt. Played good D, what i liked the best is that he shows no hesitation to pass the ball to another open player, hes not just someone looking to take shots.