Knicks Summer Team is ballin ...
Does anybody have a link to the Knicks vs. Kings game? I couldn't find it on nba.com.
I didn't get 2 see the game last night...Plan on watching it from 12-2 tho
Summer League Update
1. Nate Robinson is making great strides in being more of a PG. I like the way he has shown patience on offense and picked his spots when he decides to score.
2. Dimitirius Nichols is proving scouts right by knocking down perimeter shots at a high percentage. He's shown the ability to create his own hot and spot up. He could become our Hubert Davis off the bench.
3. Wilson Chandler is pretty good scorer at the 23rd pick. Not much D but shows the ability to get to the rim and finish. Good jumpshot on top of that.
4. Randolph Morris needs a little work on his low post game (Agguire is on top of that) but he rebounds well and moves great without the ball. It's hard to give him too much props on his D since this is just Summer League but it's been pretty good. 9 rbs/gm is solid.
5. Renaldo Balkman is a Knick. For those of you who are confused, i mean a Knick like Ewing, Oakley, Starks, Harper, G. Anthony, Mason, Bonner, X. McDaniels... you get my point.
The other guys are chiping in here and there but these are the stand out guys so far.
2007 Assists Leaders Player APG [Only registered and activated users can see links. ](NYK) 7.0 [Only registered and activated users can see links. ](HOU) 6.3 [Only registered and activated users can see links. ](PHX) 5.7 [Only registered and activated users can see links. ](PHI) 5.0 [Only registered and activated users can see links. ](MEM) 5.0Just wanna let ppl know that he can pass he's not all about scoring. Right now after 3 games he leads the summer leauge in assists. He's trying to improve. Give the guy a break!
As of the Knicks last three Summer League Games Nate Robinson has emerge to be the Best PG in the Summer League Games (there was no Chris Paul in the last two drafts).
As much as I am a Big Fan of Mardy Collins, I doubt that Mardy Collins could have done a better job in the Summer League games as Nate.
With Francis gone the Knicks are set in their Bacxkcourt with Marbury, Crawford, Nate, and Mardy Collins.
Isiah Thomas Problems lies in the New addition of Fred Jones, Dickau, and Jared Jefferies, they have to be given away for cash in return. Because the Knick Future Players that should be on the bench are Morris, Chandler, and Nichols.
David Lee, Balkman, Nate, and Collins got the Bench Playingtime sowed up already.
I must retract on a statement I made earlier about Randolph not impressing me all that much. I like his game overall, I still don't think he's totally ready to contribute but he has an upside, again when we got him it was stated that he couldn't rebound, and he's shown he can. And rebounding is not a misleading stat like scoring, I mean a player who can board in Summer League can grab boards in the real game, because it's just all about how well you boxing out and desire. Here is how I compare some players on our summer league roster to past and present NBA players
Morris = Maurice Taylor : I hope he ultimately works out better than Taylor for us, but all in all Maurice did have a decent game, just not a defender and I hope Morris will defend.
Chandler = Aiza + Offense: IT was dead right about that comparison
Nichols = Hubert Davis : Probably not as pure as my old High School Alum but a better athlete than ol #44
Balkman = Rodman potentially : That is a major comparison, but Balkman does have his heart and hustle no doubt about it ( although he did look a little soft against Sac)
Nate = None I can think of: Maybe a hybrid of Spudd Webb and Vinny Johnson, with the athletic ability of McGrady. Nate still needs a lot of work at the point, and is why I say we make him the smallest 2 in league history !
Am I the only one concerned with Nate's passing? He's averaging 7 assists and close to 5 TOs a game against SUMMER LEAGUE comp... he's been 7 & 7; 4 & 3; and 10 & 3... if he can cut back on the avoidable turnovers then he is our #1 point option off the bench... if not... IT better holla at Don Nelson, Steve Kerr or Cuban to see what we can get for him...
Nate's play this summer might get Sac 2 bite on a trade 4 Artest...I hope
could it be that the refs no go for the FIBA rules concerning travelling and the first step or even more strict? Sometimes they call travelling and the player hasn't even MOVED his pivot foot yet.