Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: *Official Summer League Thread*

Originally Posted by George M.
    Hey Dude,do you have the link for tonights game against Golden State???
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Veteran

Knicks are 4-0 in the Summer League game

You have to LUV the Knicks 3 Top Rookies performance (Morris, Chandler, and Nichols) this offseason in the Summer League Games. They have the court awarensess, B-Ball-instincts, NBA body, and the RAW ability to compete just as well at the same level as their teammates and oponents.

Knicks 91 Golden State 87

Golden State started this game off shooting from the peremeter at a high 54% as if they were going to score a 100 points in this game. When they had the Knicks down by 10 points in the middle of the second quarter with the Knicks struggling to match basket for basket, I knew the Knicks had to come up with a new plan which PG-Nate Robinson did by bringing the Golden State defense toward him. Nate gets the MVP of this game. Golden State Bailey & Powell did a great job defensively on Randolph Morris however, in the 2nd half of the game Morris defense was outstanding on both Bailey & Powell.

Balkman....19 pts on 5/10 shooting(impresive 9/12 free throws), 12 rebounds, 4 steals, 3 blocks

Morris.....16 pts on 5/7 shooting, 9 rebs...1 block

Chandler...17 pts on 7/12 shooting, 1 steal, 1 block

Nate....23 pts, 7 assists, 4 rebs, 2 steals, 2 blocks....4 to's.....not that bad

those 4 impressed me in the game....who is this greene guy tho? he turned the ball over 5 times in and only had 5 pts...our rookies are what the knicks need with our above average starting lineup, we have potentially the best starting 5 in the summer league

Superstar

nate with 2 blocks????? wow. not bad considering hes running our offense and i sitll dont think hes entirely ready to handle that load. im so happy and impressed with our last few years of young guys...and im saying it here first - balkman most improved player next year and probably defensive player of the year if he gets the minutes. his offensive game is coming around apparently which is why i think he can get most improved.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

****!!! Balkman is hurt

Originally Posted by ShairanXIII
    Am I the only one concerned with Nate's passing? He's averaging 7 assists and close to 5 TOs a game against SUMMER LEAGUE comp... he's been 7 & 7; 4 & 3; and 10 & 3... if he can cut back on the avoidable turnovers then he is our #1 point option off the bench... if not... IT better holla at Don Nelson, Steve Kerr or Cuban to see what we can get for him...
    ^^Posted before watching the GS and Sacto games... If nate can play with this much offensive discipline during the season then bye bye dikau... is anyone else concerned that Mardy hasn't done any offseason drills yet... Clyde (or Gus) asked about his shooting and he said he's "looking forward to working on it... shooting 1000 jumpers a day"... he and clyde didn't mention anything about working out together either... i smell a slow start/bad year for Mardy...

Metro... where'd you hear balkman got hurt?

Here's my impressions so far:

I like that Nichols consistently comes off screens well, sets his feet and can either knock down the open j or drive to the basket...

I like Balkman's defensive patience... the guy doesn't bite on pump fakes unless he's flashing out to cover someone... I'm also impressed by his serviceable handle and awareness on the offensive glass...

I kinda expected Nate to be better than the comp since he's the most experienced guy out there... but his offensive patience and awareness of when to take over the game (passing OR scoring) really impressed...

Morris I doubt will be as affective against the pros because his post move set (his primary offense) neither evades nor overpowers the D... I do like his elbow/baseline jumper though... I'm also not sure if he's as good a rebounder as he appears, since he routinely gets beat by Nate, Chandler, Nichols and Balkman to loose balls...

Chandler... I think that since Nichols has been so impressive... his shine is dulled for me... I don't really see anything explosive out of him yet... I do like his mid range game... but he shoots over the defender a little too often for my tastes... that shot selection will lead to fast break opportunities for other squads... if I'm wrong about this kid, somebody please correct me...

it's times like these I wish we had a minor league system in the NBA... I'd send Chandler and Morris (along with JJ13, JJ20, Fred Jones) to the minor leagues, let them get PT and experience under their belts... then call them up in February... I don't get why the league won't do this since you only have 15 roster slots, with a 12 man game roster... since the league just started officially sponsoring the summer league... i hope next season sees a real developmental league...
    Last edited by ShairanXIII; Jul 15, 2007 at 20:29.

^^Posted before watching the GS and Sacto games... If nate can play with this much offensive discipline during the season then bye bye dikau... is anyone else concerned that Mardy hasn't done any offseason drills yet... Clyde (or Gus) asked about his shooting and he said he's "looking forward to working on it... shooting 1000 jumpers a day"... he and clyde didn't mention anything about working out together either... i smell a slow start/bad year for Mardy...
    In that same intervies mardy said hes working on his form but cant shoot in real play. So hes working on fixing the hitch in his shot, just cant play and shoot like u would want too. Plus he prolly cant get much leverage off the jumper cause of the surgery.

Metro... where'd you hear balkman got hurt?

Here's my impressions so far:

I like that Nichols consistently comes off screens well, sets his feet and can either knock down the open j or drive to the basket...

I like Balkman's defensive patience... the guy doesn't bite on pump fakes unless he's flashing out to cover someone... I'm also impressed by his serviceable handle and awareness on the offensive glass...

I kinda expected Nate to be better than the comp since he's the most experienced guy out there... but his offensive patience and awareness of when to take over the game (passing OR scoring) really impressed...

Morris I doubt will be as affective against the pros because his post move set (his primary offense) neither evades nor overpowers the D... I do like his elbow/baseline jumper though... I'm also not sure if he's as good a rebounder as he appears, since he routinely gets beat by Nate, Chandler, Nichols and Balkman to loose balls...

Chandler... I think that since Nichols has been so impressive... his shine is dulled for me... I don't really see anything explosive out of him yet... I do like his mid range game... but he shoots over the defender a little too often for my tastes... that shot selection will lead to fast break opportunities for other squads... if I'm wrong about this kid, somebody please correct me...

it's times like these I wish we had a minor league system in the NBA... I'd send Chandler and Morris (along with JJ13, JJ20, Fred Jones) to the minor leagues, let them get PT and experience under their belts... then call them up in February... I don't get why the league won't do this since you only have 15 roster slots, with a 12 man game roster... since the league just started officially sponsoring the summer league... i hope next season sees a real developmental league...
    I think that Chandler had a very good summer, I think he has a nice game, he wont knock down that shot over the pro's with the same regularity his rookie season, but as he adapts to the league I think his shot will be a valuble part of his arsenal. I think he was out shinned by the play of Balk, Nate, and the suprising Nichols, but all in all he looked real good on both sides of the ball. I think this kid may have the least amount of pressure on him than any other Knick first pick ever. I mean on draft night there is the trade, so that was the real talk of the night, he's not expected to start or even crack the rotation next season, so there is no pressure on him to make us any better this season. Isiah has gotten such a good rep for drafting that Knick fans won't dare to dump on him if he does struggle. I think he and Nichols may be two more sleepers for IT... Oh yeah what is all this talk about Nichols not be making the squad, I admit maybe he doesn't play next season and maybe some play in Europe or the D League wouldn't hurt, but he's a pro player and I would hate to see him go to another team

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Shar, Balkman hurt his left knee, but he was a trooper and came back in the game strong. He looked pretty injured, suprise to see him comeback and kick ass. Dude is tough as nails.

knicks final summer league game NYK/DEN

http://boss.streamos.com/wmedia/nba/...dn.net/dot.gif

funny how gus and clyde always keep their mics open

Default Great Nate Knick Balkmania

Nate is great, a developing star.
    Balkman deserves to start over Jeffries.
    Morris reminds me of Jackie Butler - 3rd string
    Nichols is a Knick-ols, a keeper.

This is a good team:

Starbury - Collins - DanDick
    Crawford - Nate - Jones
    Balkman - Q - Nichols
    Randolph - Lee - Chandler/Jeffries
    Curry - James - Morris

Trade Q, Jeffries, James and Cato.
    Let's see what DanDick and Jones can do.
    I miss Mike Doleac's pic and rolls with Steph.

Something's brewing... I.T.?