Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mardy Collins Offseason

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    There are just too many things that Marbury does not do that him have an unsatisfactory to his game. He dont throw Alley-oop passes, he cant pass off his dribble, he dont throw any lob passes, he never starts a fastbreak, he always walk the ball upcourt, and he never gets his teammates any east baskets.
    Whatever improvement that so many people seen from Marbury this past season I am blind to see.
    1-800-CONTACTS
    You need some lol j/k

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

There are just too many things that Marbury does not do that him have an unsatisfactory to his game. He dont throw Alley-oop passes, he cant pass off his dribble, he dont throw any lob passes, he never starts a fastbreak, he always walk the ball upcourt, and he never gets his teammates any east baskets.
    Whatever improvement that so many people seen from Marbury this past season I am blind to see.
    Defense
    Leadership
    Confidence in his scoring

Marbury isn't the best passer in the NBA, but he's definately among the elites. He's great with the pick and roll and penatrating and dishing.

When your a Rookie or a second season Starting-PG (Quarterback) of a "NBA" team and you look at your schedule and see the next 6 games is only 9 days away, and it has oponents like Kidd & Carter, Billups & Rip, Felton & Knight, then the Snow, Hughes, and Lebron show.

I think a Personal Trainer is needed to help guide a Rookie or second season player through scouting report on the opositions they will be facing. Players like Kidd & Carter, Billups & Rip, are their own trainers, but I'm sure they have a close assistant Coach near by when needed.
    I can see the need for a trainer or coach for the big men on this team, but when you have a Hall Of Fame PG ( arugably one of the top 3 or 4 alltime) as your coach do you really need a trainer? I think that Isiah did a great job w/ Tinsley, and Mardy has the potential to be better than Tinsley. Also as was stated before I think Mardy hasn't met w/ Clyde due to is surgery not because IT didn't approve, I think Isiah has a lot of respect for Clyde and wouldn't shut down the notion of Mardy working w/ him. I like everyone else was very much looking forward to watching Mardy in Summer League I think he wouldv'e been one of the best points playing in the Summer League. But Renaldo should be entertaining, I wounder if he has balked ( no pun intended) up this offseason, or if he has developed any sort of jumper, if so, and Chandler is a decent a shooter as he's being made out, then maybe there is no need to add RON RON
    Last edited by rady; Jul 10, 2007 at 07:12.

I think Kiyaman was talking about a personal trainer for fitness reasons... jamal tinsley was always injured in indiana... i don't know if you can blame the coach for a player's conditioning though...

and Toons... steph averaged 5.4 dimes last season... lowest of his career...