Nate and Artest News Of The Day

Kiyaman

Legend
Isiah Thomas has NO-Plans of ever bringing Ron Artest to the Knicks.

I dont know why I or alot of Members in this forum did not see it before, but it was plain as daylight after watching Isiah Thomas Coach a Halfcourt Offense throughout the entire 82 game season (For the soul purpose of Curry & Marbury talents "Save-Face-Coaching"). Now with the addition of Zack Randolph whom talents are also best in a halfcourt offense there is No-Room for an ANGRY Ron Artest who will rebound and get out on the break to find out that Curry, Zack, and Marbury are not running with him.
SF-Q.Richardson started the season off playing great consistently in every game untill Jared Jefferies came off the Injured List and Q.Richardson went on the injured list a week later. Ron Artest would not be that nice and sit back and let a 30 MPG Jared Jefferies enter the rotation and add nothing but a poor performance in every game.

Ron Artest would not be like Channing Frye and Nate Robinson whom the coach forced to play an entire season away from their talents & strengths. Ron Artest plays strictly to his talents strengths to benefit the Team and the WIN, whether the coach likes it or not. The Sacremento Kings had a BAD season because they did not resign Bonzi Wells who SG-Talent scared the Spurs in the Post season games alongside of Bibby & Artest.

It was plain as day on draft night when the Knicks traded Steve Francis and did not draft SG-Almond with the 23 pick, but the 6.8 SF-Chandler, that was the sign that Isiah Thomas was not going after Ron Artest or J.O'Neal this offseason

I cant say I wouldnt want artest over because it was the same feeling when people didn't want latrell sprewell over...What I am tired of are the knicks organization bringing over garbage type, over the Hill players...The list is too long.. Vin Baker.,Afernee Hardaway.MTaylor, Clearance Weatherspoon,Steve Francis.. I cant see how someone would think recruiting players like Jerome James or a Chris Dudley would better NY.I see alot of improvement ecspecialy this coming year so i'm just waiting for them to get rid of some more excess baggage so they can finally shyne and make the playoffs!!!!

nyk_nyk

All Star
Isiah Thomas has NO-Plans of ever bringing Ron Artest to the Knicks.

I dont know why I or alot of Members in this forum did not see it before, but it was plain as daylight after watching Isiah Thomas Coach a Halfcourt Offense throughout the entire 82 game season (For the soul purpose of Curry & Marbury talents "Save-Face-Coaching"). Now with the addition of Zack Randolph whom talents are also best in a halfcourt offense there is No-Room for an ANGRY Ron Artest who will rebound and get out on the break to find out that Curry, Zack, and Marbury are not running with him.
SF-Q.Richardson started the season off playing great consistently in every game untill Jared Jefferies came off the Injured List and Q.Richardson went on the injured list a week later. Ron Artest would not be that nice and sit back and let a 30 MPG Jared Jefferies enter the rotation and add nothing but a poor performance in every game.

Ron Artest would not be like Channing Frye and Nate Robinson whom the coach forced to play an entire season away from their talents & strengths. Ron Artest plays strictly to his talents strengths to benefit the Team and the WIN, whether the coach likes it or not. The Sacremento Kings had a BAD season because they did not resign Bonzi Wells who SG-Talent scared the Spurs in the Post season games alongside of Bibby & Artest.

It was plain as day on draft night when the Knicks traded Steve Francis and did not draft SG-Almond with the 23 pick, but the 6.8 SF-Chandler, that was the sign that Isiah Thomas was not going after Ron Artest or J.O'Neal this offseason
First of all, if Isiah could land Artest without trading Jeffries or Lee then he's damn good. Second, what makes you think that Isiah will make Artest play away from his strengths? He coached him in Indiana so I think he (Isiah) knows what Ron is capable of in this system.

Thomas is smart by not trading any of our young talent for Artest. What good would it do us if he opts out of his contract next summer and goes where the biggest payday is? We end up losing our future for a 1 year rental. We'll do much better by waiting for Ron to leave Sac and come here on his own.

Regarding Chandler being picked, if you've followed his scouting report the guys a phenominal 3pt shooter. I think that's the only reason why Thomas drafted him. One of the problems last season was that we needed some shooters to surround Curry. We didn't have enough and thus Curry was double and triple teamed every night.

ShairanXIII

Rotation player
^^^IT just about confirmed things recently... he's not giving lee or balkman... and Sacto doesn't want jeffries or rose... so we might have deja vu next summer...

it also said that chandler was a reluctant scorer... let's see if he can give us what we need...

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Interesting post Kiyaman but reports from the past two weeks indicate differently. Everything that I've read reports that Thomas is interested in bringing in Artest but not for Lee or Balkman, which regardless of how you feel about Thomas, you can admit that is a smart move. Artest is a high risk high reward player. He's got all the talent in the world but a crappy attitude. He can make your dreams come true or be your worse nightmare. I'd love to see him here for his defensive skill but not at the price of losing Lee or Balkman. Also keep in mind that Ronnie is telling the world that he will opt out of his contract to play in NY. So who so ever trades for him will only have him for a year or two. Which is why it's taking so long for Sacramento to make a trade. Watch Orlando, they wont give Sac anything good for Artest ether.

nyk_nyk

All Star
Exactly donchris. Sacramento is basically working with their backs against the wall. Artest's brother even confirmed that he wants to come back home. Teams around the league get the point and are wary of renting him for a season or two.

From everything that i've read about this situation, the Knicks are in the best position either now or next summer. Besides, a healthy Q is sufficient enough in the interim.

Orlando already has Lewis and Turkoglu now so I can't see them being highly interested in Artest anymore.

pyotrveliky

Rotation player
they were talking about trading turkoglu for artest, maybe putting shard at the 4? and dwight at the 5. and artest at the 3. or maybe just put artest at the 2.

Kiyaman

Legend
I'm Watching Chandler play Superb at the SF position in the Summer League games with PF-Balkman & PG-Nate on the side of him while Chadler is hitting all his peremeter shots for 10 points and 4 rebounds before halftime.

Isiah Knew what he was getting in 6.8 Chandler that is why Chandler didn't go and workout for Philly who had 3 first round picks.
When Isiah made that 23rd Pick for Chandler he dismissed all thoughts on getting Ron Artest this offseason.