Thread: Artest Wants To Retire With Kings

Hybrid View

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Default Artest Wants To Retire With Kings

ESPN -
    Ron Artest told the New York Post that he wants to remain with Sacramento and retire as a King. Artest's comments contradicted statements his agent made last week, indicating that his client, a Queens native who attended St. John's, wanted to return home.

"I really want to finish my career in Sacramento because of my relationship with some of the players," Artest said, according to the Post. "I want to finish with Sacramento. I feel attached to Sacramento. I want to be their franchise player."

Artest also said he was told by Kings general manager Geoff Petrie that he would not be traded, and Artest told Petrie he probably would not opt out of his contract after next season, the Post reported.

"Ron is going to be a King," Petrie said Monday, denying he has had any conversations with the Knicks' front office. "People are having conversations with themselves."
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Heres my take on this.

What will Artest bring to our team?

Artest is a B/B+ caliber player and will upgrade our starting 5.
    Artest offensively can score 15-18 ppg.
    Artest is a top 1-3 perimeter/man defender.
    Artest forces a lot of turnovers(Which would favor us because we usually give up alot of turnovers)
    Artest is only 27.
    Artest would instantly make us contenders in the Atlantic.
    Artest >>>>>>> Jefferies

Heres why I'm not that worried we won't get Artest anymore.

Balkman is capable of being a starter, an excellent starter. Balkman is an insanely athletic Bruce Bowen on 20 red bulls. Same with Lee. I want to trade Randolph just to see Balkman and Lee develop as our starters for the future.

Because of my confidence in Balkman, I feel we're okay at the SF position.
    But to say Artest isn't needed is really silly. He would solidfy our starting 5 and make us contenders in the East.

Artest will most likely stay with Sacramento(weird, I could see him demanding a trade into two weeks into the season).

I'm just glad we have Balkman. Chandler and Nichols look promosing too.

We just need to get rid of Randolph, Jefferies, and Crawford. Let the youngin's develop their game, so they can be more prepared and experienced in the future.

I heard Curry's fat ass in great shape too. Thats great news.

After reading that article, I no longer want Artest here as a New York Knick. I can't stand athletes that flip flop every month it's really annoying not 2 mention kind of childish. Like Metro said tho, I'm more than confident in what we already have @ SF. But we're still gonna have 2 make a trade by oct.

Players who Have 2 Stay:
    Lee
    Balkman
    Either ZBo or Curry (have 2 have 1 of them)
    Chandler (Looks like another great draft choice by Zeke)
    Nichols(we need that boy's shooting @6'8 )
    Marbury(we can't trade him @ this point. starting 2 play like a true PG)
    Dickau(I LOVE HIM AS THE BACKUP PG 4 THIS KNICKS TEAM!!! Can disribute and shoot)

We could lose em:
    Crawford
    Nate
    Morris(He looked pretty good @ summer league game)
    Jones
    Collins
    ZBo or Curry
    Q

Have 2 GO:
    Both JJ's
    Rose

The knicks roster has enough talent. I don't mind that Artest might not become a Knick. What the team needs is experience and chemistry. I think the organisation should get rid of the two JJs and Dan Dickau. I guess keeping Rose wouldn't be that bad. He is a guy that can accept getting not that many minutes and still be a great influence in the locker room.
    Last edited by pat; Jul 21, 2007 at 06:55.

he's just mad that David Lee has more value than him. what a baby

I really don't blame him for saying that because he does have a good thing in Sac. He hasn't been in trouble since the trade.

I'm glad we're not getting him... I agree with metro about Balkman's potential... he said when he came out the rodman was his idol... he reminds me of the worm everytime he's on the court... Lee's body type and energy remind me a lot of Camby... hopefully... he can develop into an excellent help defender like Camby is... qrich is also healthy, running and dunking... if q is healthy next season... we need new 3s...

I'd keep these cats for sure:
    Curry - Needed a mid range shot, shot blocking, offensive awareness and rebounding. If he can show significant improvement in 2 of these 4 areas, we'll know we have a franchise player on our hands.
    Steph - If he's serious about 10, 12 and 5 then he can tutor Mardy and (maybe) Nate to take his spot over the next 5 seasons
    D Lee - White Camby? We can only hope.
    Balkman - Rodman with dreads? Let's see it happen.
    Q Rich (if 100&#37 - Committed to defense? Perimeter threat? Double check. If his self assessment holds true, watch out league
    Nicols/Chandler - haven't seen either yet, whichever one is the better prospect unless one is versatile enough to play the 2

I'd try to get rid of JJ 13 & 20 imediately . Other than that, I wouldn't try to trade anyone unless it 1) Vastly improves our team for now and the next 5 years (No 33 year olds on the down side of their career) OR 2) We get an expiring contract in return. We need to make 2 cuts before the season begins though... so let's see what happens...
    Last edited by ShairanXIII; Jul 10, 2007 at 17:43.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by brooklyn_baller
    I really don't blame him for saying that because he does have a good thing in Sac. He hasn't been in trouble since the trade.
    Me neither. You can't blame Artest for saying what he said. Balkman and Lee are great young talented players with value. Artest feels he's an all star and he should feel like that. Its understandable.

We're still solid at the SF position though, which is why I'm not worried about it.

Originally Posted by metrocard

I heard Curry's fat ass in great shape too. Thats great news.
    hahaha nice fact about curry at the end there. lol.